|By Marketwired .||
|July 23, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - July 23, 2014) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Extending its commitment to powering the world's increasingly mobile workforce, Oracle is introducing 57 new Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications. Available from Apple's App Store and Google Play for Android, the applications extend Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne to smartphones and tablets, enabling users to accelerate business execution and help their businesses find new ways to create operational efficiencies.
- Oracle today announced the release of 57 new Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications.
- The new applications, including maintenance, field service, project management, supply chain, and health and safety incident management, offer a modern user interface and simple deployment model to get users up and running quickly.
- The applications are compatible with Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 and Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 18.104.22.168 and are available at no additional cost to customers who have already licensed the base applications.
- The 57 new mobile-optimized applications for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne suite deliver fit-for-purpose, role-based functionality to the mobile worker.
- JD Edwards Enterprise One Mobile Applications are built using Oracle Mobile Application Framework. This framework accelerates and simplifies mobile development with the ability to build once and deploy to multiple platforms, tight integration with camera and other device services, device-native user experience, end-to-end encryption and security, and virtually seamless online and offline operations.
New Mobile Application Areas
- Asset Lifecycle Management. Drive greater value from assets to help maximize profitability and ROI with applications that enable maintenance technicians and supervisors to:
- Create new work orders for company-owned equipment that requires maintenance
- Review and update the status of work orders assigned to team members, issue parts, add notes, and capture photos
- Search and view equipment characteristics, update equipment information, add or update notes, and add photos
- Create and view timecards associated with work completed on company-owned equipment
- Enter equipment meter readings based on pre-defined templates
- Service Management. Support improved field service operations and customer service levels with applications that enable field service engineers and supervisors to:
- Create, review, and update service orders for customer-owned equipment
- Search and view characteristics for customers' equipment
- Create and view timecards associated with service performed on customers' equipment
- View and manage a list of assigned service orders
- Capture meter readings from customers' equipment
- Case Management. Expedite issue reporting and resolution with applications that enable support representatives and supervisors to:
- Quickly and easily report issues and can include photos and notes
- View and manage open, urgent, and due-today cases by priority and assignee
- View cases assigned as well as view key information such as the failure description, equipment, and site
- Health and Safety Incident Management. Enable organizations to analyze incidents and calculate incident safety metrics to help reduce or eliminate occupational incidents. Users can:
- Report occupational incidents including what happened, where, and who was involved, and attach photos
- Obtain an executive-level view as well as a quick view of occupational health and safety incidents reported over a previous time period
- Financial Management. Support improved cash flow and cost controls with applications that enable managers to:
- Search for customers and review a summary of accounts receivable status
- View, approve or reject expenses awaiting approval
- Contact Lookups. Accelerate access to important directory information for key contacts and enable all types of users to:
- Search for customers, view key attributes, locate contacts and synch them to the device
- Search for suppliers and locate their address, phone number, and list of contacts
- Search and locate an employee's contact information, work location, and organization summary information, as well as call, email or text an employee
- Project Management. Empower project managers to take control and manage project costs and progress while on job sites with applications that enable them to:
- Review financial information and status by project and cost code
- Report field progress including labor and equipment time entry and quantities in place
- Enter, update, and approve change requests for projects, contracts or subcontracts
- Order Management. Provide a complete view of customer's order status with applications that enable field sales representatives on the road to:
- Search for customers and view their address, phone numbers, and contacts
- Provide an overview of open orders, quotes, held orders, and backorders
- Supply Management. Streamline procurement processes with applications that that enable managers to:
- View purchase orders awaiting approval with the ability to approve or reject
- View requisition self-service orders awaiting approval with the ability to approve or reject
- Supply Chain Execution. Extend access to product availability with applications that enable field sales representatives and warehouse personnel on the move to:
- View summary or detailed item on hand and available quantities across branches and various units of measure
- View warehouse item availability by location and lot with access to detailed license plate information
- "To accelerate business execution and realize new operational efficiencies, organizations increasingly need easy-to-use mobile applications," said Lyle Ekdahl, senior vice president general manager, Oracle's JD Edwards. "Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications give users anytime, anywhere access to the key business applications they need to do their jobs. These easy-to-use applications help make organizations more nimble by increasing workforce efficiency and allowing employees to move more quickly."
- "Leveraging Oracle Mobile Application Framework's rapid development capabilities has enabled Oracle's JD Edwards to quickly develop over 50 mobile companion apps for key business processes delivering significant value to JD Edwards customers," said Bill Pataky, vice president, product management, Oracle.
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Solutions
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- JD Edwards Blog - Attitude@Altitude
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, will discuss using predictive analytics to ...
Feb. 11, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 395
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, will discuss how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved effi...
Feb. 11, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 252
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 11, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 209
Father business cycles and digital consumers are forcing enterprises to respond faster to customer needs and competitive demands. Successful integration of DevOps and Agile development will be key for business success in today’s digital economy. In his session at DevOps Summit, Pradeep Prabhu, Co-Founder & CEO of Cloudmunch, covered the critical practices that enterprises should consider to seamlessly integrate Agile and DevOps processes, barriers to implementing this in the enterprise, and pr...
Feb. 11, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 406
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 11, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 223
Sensors and effectors of IoT are solving problems in new ways, but small businesses have been slow to join the quantified world. They’ll need information from IoT using applications as varied as the businesses themselves. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Meike, Distinguished Engineer, Director of Technology Innovation at Intuit, showed how IoT manufacturers can use open standards, public APIs and custom apps to enable the Quantified Small Business. He used a Raspberry Pi to connect sensors...
Feb. 11, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 162
Data-as-a-Service is the complete package for the transformation of raw data into meaningful data assets and the delivery of those data assets. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lakshmi Randall, an industry expert, analyst and strategist, will address: What is DaaS (Data-as-a-Service)? Challenges addressed by DaaS Vendors that are enabling DaaS Architecture options for DaaS
Feb. 10, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 352
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 10, 2016 09:00 PM EST
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 10, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 163
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 10, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 379
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 10, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 399
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 10, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 430
Recognizing the need to identify and validate information security professionals’ competency in securing cloud services, the two leading membership organizations focused on cloud and information security, the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) and (ISC)^2, joined together to develop an international cloud security credential that reflects the most current and comprehensive best practices for securing and optimizing cloud computing environments.
Feb. 10, 2016 01:45 PM EST
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 10, 2016 01:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 429
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 624
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 269
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 213
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 197
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 10, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 255