|By Marketwired .||
|July 23, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - July 23, 2014) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Extending its commitment to powering the world's increasingly mobile workforce, Oracle is introducing 57 new Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications. Available from Apple's App Store and Google Play for Android, the applications extend Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne to smartphones and tablets, enabling users to accelerate business execution and help their businesses find new ways to create operational efficiencies.
- Oracle today announced the release of 57 new Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications.
- The new applications, including maintenance, field service, project management, supply chain, and health and safety incident management, offer a modern user interface and simple deployment model to get users up and running quickly.
- The applications are compatible with Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 and Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 188.8.131.52 and are available at no additional cost to customers who have already licensed the base applications.
- The 57 new mobile-optimized applications for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne suite deliver fit-for-purpose, role-based functionality to the mobile worker.
- JD Edwards Enterprise One Mobile Applications are built using Oracle Mobile Application Framework. This framework accelerates and simplifies mobile development with the ability to build once and deploy to multiple platforms, tight integration with camera and other device services, device-native user experience, end-to-end encryption and security, and virtually seamless online and offline operations.
New Mobile Application Areas
- Asset Lifecycle Management. Drive greater value from assets to help maximize profitability and ROI with applications that enable maintenance technicians and supervisors to:
- Create new work orders for company-owned equipment that requires maintenance
- Review and update the status of work orders assigned to team members, issue parts, add notes, and capture photos
- Search and view equipment characteristics, update equipment information, add or update notes, and add photos
- Create and view timecards associated with work completed on company-owned equipment
- Enter equipment meter readings based on pre-defined templates
- Service Management. Support improved field service operations and customer service levels with applications that enable field service engineers and supervisors to:
- Create, review, and update service orders for customer-owned equipment
- Search and view characteristics for customers' equipment
- Create and view timecards associated with service performed on customers' equipment
- View and manage a list of assigned service orders
- Capture meter readings from customers' equipment
- Case Management. Expedite issue reporting and resolution with applications that enable support representatives and supervisors to:
- Quickly and easily report issues and can include photos and notes
- View and manage open, urgent, and due-today cases by priority and assignee
- View cases assigned as well as view key information such as the failure description, equipment, and site
- Health and Safety Incident Management. Enable organizations to analyze incidents and calculate incident safety metrics to help reduce or eliminate occupational incidents. Users can:
- Report occupational incidents including what happened, where, and who was involved, and attach photos
- Obtain an executive-level view as well as a quick view of occupational health and safety incidents reported over a previous time period
- Financial Management. Support improved cash flow and cost controls with applications that enable managers to:
- Search for customers and review a summary of accounts receivable status
- View, approve or reject expenses awaiting approval
- Contact Lookups. Accelerate access to important directory information for key contacts and enable all types of users to:
- Search for customers, view key attributes, locate contacts and synch them to the device
- Search for suppliers and locate their address, phone number, and list of contacts
- Search and locate an employee's contact information, work location, and organization summary information, as well as call, email or text an employee
- Project Management. Empower project managers to take control and manage project costs and progress while on job sites with applications that enable them to:
- Review financial information and status by project and cost code
- Report field progress including labor and equipment time entry and quantities in place
- Enter, update, and approve change requests for projects, contracts or subcontracts
- Order Management. Provide a complete view of customer's order status with applications that enable field sales representatives on the road to:
- Search for customers and view their address, phone numbers, and contacts
- Provide an overview of open orders, quotes, held orders, and backorders
- Supply Management. Streamline procurement processes with applications that that enable managers to:
- View purchase orders awaiting approval with the ability to approve or reject
- View requisition self-service orders awaiting approval with the ability to approve or reject
- Supply Chain Execution. Extend access to product availability with applications that enable field sales representatives and warehouse personnel on the move to:
- View summary or detailed item on hand and available quantities across branches and various units of measure
- View warehouse item availability by location and lot with access to detailed license plate information
- "To accelerate business execution and realize new operational efficiencies, organizations increasingly need easy-to-use mobile applications," said Lyle Ekdahl, senior vice president general manager, Oracle's JD Edwards. "Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications give users anytime, anywhere access to the key business applications they need to do their jobs. These easy-to-use applications help make organizations more nimble by increasing workforce efficiency and allowing employees to move more quickly."
- "Leveraging Oracle Mobile Application Framework's rapid development capabilities has enabled Oracle's JD Edwards to quickly develop over 50 mobile companion apps for key business processes delivering significant value to JD Edwards customers," said Bill Pataky, vice president, product management, Oracle.
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Solutions
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- JD Edwards Blog - [email protected]
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,111
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,393
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 909
In IT, we sometimes coin terms for things before we know exactly what they are and how they’ll be used. The resulting terms may capture a common set of aspirations and goals – as “cloud” did broadly for on-demand, self-service, and flexible computing. But such a term can also lump together diverse and even competing practices, technologies, and priorities to the point where important distinctions are glossed over and lost.
Dec. 10, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,796
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,219
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 10, 2016 10:15 PM EST Reads: 2,073
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,355
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 10, 2016 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,821
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 10, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 4,158
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,036
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,973
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,551
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,099
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,012
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 10, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,428
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,842
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,933
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Dec. 10, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 942
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 950
"Venafi has a platform that allows you to manage, centralize and automate the complete life cycle of keys and certificates within the organization," explained Gina Osmond, Sr. Field Marketing Manager at Venafi, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,274