|By Marketwired .||
|July 23, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - July 23, 2014) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Extending its commitment to powering the world's increasingly mobile workforce, Oracle is introducing 57 new Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications. Available from Apple's App Store and Google Play for Android, the applications extend Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne to smartphones and tablets, enabling users to accelerate business execution and help their businesses find new ways to create operational efficiencies.
- Oracle today announced the release of 57 new Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications.
- The new applications, including maintenance, field service, project management, supply chain, and health and safety incident management, offer a modern user interface and simple deployment model to get users up and running quickly.
- The applications are compatible with Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 and Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 220.127.116.11 and are available at no additional cost to customers who have already licensed the base applications.
- The 57 new mobile-optimized applications for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne suite deliver fit-for-purpose, role-based functionality to the mobile worker.
- JD Edwards Enterprise One Mobile Applications are built using Oracle Mobile Application Framework. This framework accelerates and simplifies mobile development with the ability to build once and deploy to multiple platforms, tight integration with camera and other device services, device-native user experience, end-to-end encryption and security, and virtually seamless online and offline operations.
New Mobile Application Areas
- Asset Lifecycle Management. Drive greater value from assets to help maximize profitability and ROI with applications that enable maintenance technicians and supervisors to:
- Create new work orders for company-owned equipment that requires maintenance
- Review and update the status of work orders assigned to team members, issue parts, add notes, and capture photos
- Search and view equipment characteristics, update equipment information, add or update notes, and add photos
- Create and view timecards associated with work completed on company-owned equipment
- Enter equipment meter readings based on pre-defined templates
- Service Management. Support improved field service operations and customer service levels with applications that enable field service engineers and supervisors to:
- Create, review, and update service orders for customer-owned equipment
- Search and view characteristics for customers' equipment
- Create and view timecards associated with service performed on customers' equipment
- View and manage a list of assigned service orders
- Capture meter readings from customers' equipment
- Case Management. Expedite issue reporting and resolution with applications that enable support representatives and supervisors to:
- Quickly and easily report issues and can include photos and notes
- View and manage open, urgent, and due-today cases by priority and assignee
- View cases assigned as well as view key information such as the failure description, equipment, and site
- Health and Safety Incident Management. Enable organizations to analyze incidents and calculate incident safety metrics to help reduce or eliminate occupational incidents. Users can:
- Report occupational incidents including what happened, where, and who was involved, and attach photos
- Obtain an executive-level view as well as a quick view of occupational health and safety incidents reported over a previous time period
- Financial Management. Support improved cash flow and cost controls with applications that enable managers to:
- Search for customers and review a summary of accounts receivable status
- View, approve or reject expenses awaiting approval
- Contact Lookups. Accelerate access to important directory information for key contacts and enable all types of users to:
- Search for customers, view key attributes, locate contacts and synch them to the device
- Search for suppliers and locate their address, phone number, and list of contacts
- Search and locate an employee's contact information, work location, and organization summary information, as well as call, email or text an employee
- Project Management. Empower project managers to take control and manage project costs and progress while on job sites with applications that enable them to:
- Review financial information and status by project and cost code
- Report field progress including labor and equipment time entry and quantities in place
- Enter, update, and approve change requests for projects, contracts or subcontracts
- Order Management. Provide a complete view of customer's order status with applications that enable field sales representatives on the road to:
- Search for customers and view their address, phone numbers, and contacts
- Provide an overview of open orders, quotes, held orders, and backorders
- Supply Management. Streamline procurement processes with applications that that enable managers to:
- View purchase orders awaiting approval with the ability to approve or reject
- View requisition self-service orders awaiting approval with the ability to approve or reject
- Supply Chain Execution. Extend access to product availability with applications that enable field sales representatives and warehouse personnel on the move to:
- View summary or detailed item on hand and available quantities across branches and various units of measure
- View warehouse item availability by location and lot with access to detailed license plate information
- "To accelerate business execution and realize new operational efficiencies, organizations increasingly need easy-to-use mobile applications," said Lyle Ekdahl, senior vice president general manager, Oracle's JD Edwards. "Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications give users anytime, anywhere access to the key business applications they need to do their jobs. These easy-to-use applications help make organizations more nimble by increasing workforce efficiency and allowing employees to move more quickly."
- "Leveraging Oracle Mobile Application Framework's rapid development capabilities has enabled Oracle's JD Edwards to quickly develop over 50 mobile companion apps for key business processes delivering significant value to JD Edwards customers," said Bill Pataky, vice president, product management, Oracle.
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Solutions
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- JD Edwards Blog - [email protected]
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 28, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,156
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 8,647
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 739
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Oct. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,719
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,400
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 780
[session] Empowering Enterprise Security with the IoT By @SecureChannels | @ThingsExpo #IoT #IIoT #M2M #API
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:52 PM EDT Reads: 179
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that cl...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 738
Intelligent machines are here. Robots, self-driving cars, drones, bots and many IoT devices are becoming smarter with Machine Learning. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sudha Jamthe, CEO of IoTDisruptions.com, will discuss the next wave of business disruption at the junction of IoT and AI, impacting many industries and set to change our lives, work and world as we know it.
Oct. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 630
[session] Bert Loomis and AI in the Cloud By @IBMCloud | @CloudExpo #AI #Cloud #DigitalTransformation
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, will discuss the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They will also review two "free infrastruct...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 281
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,301
President Obama recently announced the launch of a new national awareness campaign to "encourage more Americans to move beyond passwords – adding an extra layer of security like a fingerprint or codes sent to your cellphone." The shift from single passwords to multi-factor authentication couldn’t be timelier or more strategic. This session will focus on why passwords alone are no longer effective, and why the time to act is now. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Chris Webber, security strateg...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:02 PM EDT Reads: 235
As companies adopt the cloud-to-streamline workflow, deployment hasn’t been very seamless because of IT concerns surrounding security risks. The cloud offers many benefits, but protecting and securing information can be tricky across multiple cloud providers and remains IT’s overall responsibility. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Simon Bain, CEO of SearchYourCloud, will address security compliance issues associated with cloud applications and how document-level encryption is critical for sup...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 440
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,235
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will present at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they manag...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,691
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 944
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It doe...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,112
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 294
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 367
Although it has gained significant traction in the consumer space, IoT is still in the early stages of adoption in enterprises environments. However, many companies are working on initiatives like Industry 4.0 that includes IoT as one of the key disruptive technologies expected to reshape businesses of tomorrow. The key challenges will be availability, robustness and reliability of networks that connect devices in a business environment. Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) is expected to...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,284