|By Marketwired .||
|July 23, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - July 23, 2014) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Extending its commitment to powering the world's increasingly mobile workforce, Oracle is introducing 57 new Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications. Available from Apple's App Store and Google Play for Android, the applications extend Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne to smartphones and tablets, enabling users to accelerate business execution and help their businesses find new ways to create operational efficiencies.
- Oracle today announced the release of 57 new Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications.
- The new applications, including maintenance, field service, project management, supply chain, and health and safety incident management, offer a modern user interface and simple deployment model to get users up and running quickly.
- The applications are compatible with Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 and Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 188.8.131.52 and are available at no additional cost to customers who have already licensed the base applications.
- The 57 new mobile-optimized applications for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne suite deliver fit-for-purpose, role-based functionality to the mobile worker.
- JD Edwards Enterprise One Mobile Applications are built using Oracle Mobile Application Framework. This framework accelerates and simplifies mobile development with the ability to build once and deploy to multiple platforms, tight integration with camera and other device services, device-native user experience, end-to-end encryption and security, and virtually seamless online and offline operations.
New Mobile Application Areas
- Asset Lifecycle Management. Drive greater value from assets to help maximize profitability and ROI with applications that enable maintenance technicians and supervisors to:
- Create new work orders for company-owned equipment that requires maintenance
- Review and update the status of work orders assigned to team members, issue parts, add notes, and capture photos
- Search and view equipment characteristics, update equipment information, add or update notes, and add photos
- Create and view timecards associated with work completed on company-owned equipment
- Enter equipment meter readings based on pre-defined templates
- Service Management. Support improved field service operations and customer service levels with applications that enable field service engineers and supervisors to:
- Create, review, and update service orders for customer-owned equipment
- Search and view characteristics for customers' equipment
- Create and view timecards associated with service performed on customers' equipment
- View and manage a list of assigned service orders
- Capture meter readings from customers' equipment
- Case Management. Expedite issue reporting and resolution with applications that enable support representatives and supervisors to:
- Quickly and easily report issues and can include photos and notes
- View and manage open, urgent, and due-today cases by priority and assignee
- View cases assigned as well as view key information such as the failure description, equipment, and site
- Health and Safety Incident Management. Enable organizations to analyze incidents and calculate incident safety metrics to help reduce or eliminate occupational incidents. Users can:
- Report occupational incidents including what happened, where, and who was involved, and attach photos
- Obtain an executive-level view as well as a quick view of occupational health and safety incidents reported over a previous time period
- Financial Management. Support improved cash flow and cost controls with applications that enable managers to:
- Search for customers and review a summary of accounts receivable status
- View, approve or reject expenses awaiting approval
- Contact Lookups. Accelerate access to important directory information for key contacts and enable all types of users to:
- Search for customers, view key attributes, locate contacts and synch them to the device
- Search for suppliers and locate their address, phone number, and list of contacts
- Search and locate an employee's contact information, work location, and organization summary information, as well as call, email or text an employee
- Project Management. Empower project managers to take control and manage project costs and progress while on job sites with applications that enable them to:
- Review financial information and status by project and cost code
- Report field progress including labor and equipment time entry and quantities in place
- Enter, update, and approve change requests for projects, contracts or subcontracts
- Order Management. Provide a complete view of customer's order status with applications that enable field sales representatives on the road to:
- Search for customers and view their address, phone numbers, and contacts
- Provide an overview of open orders, quotes, held orders, and backorders
- Supply Management. Streamline procurement processes with applications that that enable managers to:
- View purchase orders awaiting approval with the ability to approve or reject
- View requisition self-service orders awaiting approval with the ability to approve or reject
- Supply Chain Execution. Extend access to product availability with applications that enable field sales representatives and warehouse personnel on the move to:
- View summary or detailed item on hand and available quantities across branches and various units of measure
- View warehouse item availability by location and lot with access to detailed license plate information
- "To accelerate business execution and realize new operational efficiencies, organizations increasingly need easy-to-use mobile applications," said Lyle Ekdahl, senior vice president general manager, Oracle's JD Edwards. "Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications give users anytime, anywhere access to the key business applications they need to do their jobs. These easy-to-use applications help make organizations more nimble by increasing workforce efficiency and allowing employees to move more quickly."
- "Leveraging Oracle Mobile Application Framework's rapid development capabilities has enabled Oracle's JD Edwards to quickly develop over 50 mobile companion apps for key business processes delivering significant value to JD Edwards customers," said Bill Pataky, vice president, product management, Oracle.
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Solutions
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- JD Edwards Blog - Attitude@Altitude
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Nov. 30, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 269
The revocation of Safe Harbor has radically affected data sovereignty strategy in the cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Jeff Miller, Product Management at Cavirin Systems, discussed how to assess these changes across your own cloud strategy, and how you can mitigate risks previously covered under the agreement.
Nov. 30, 2015 06:30 PM EST
Countless business models have spawned from the IaaS industry – resell Web hosting, blogs, public cloud, and on and on. With the overwhelming amount of tools available to us, it's sometimes easy to overlook that many of them are just new skins of resources we've had for a long time. In his general session at 17th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, an IBM Company, broke down what we have to work with, discussed the benefits and pitfalls and how we can best use them ...
Nov. 30, 2015 03:45 PM EST
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 30, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 245
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 30, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 494
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 30, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 368
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 433
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 437
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 540
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 343
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 290
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 223
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 30, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 463
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Nov. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 296
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true ...
Nov. 30, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 568
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem"...
Nov. 30, 2015 07:00 AM EST Reads: 474
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Nov. 30, 2015 07:00 AM EST Reads: 386
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound...
Nov. 30, 2015 05:30 AM EST Reads: 497
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 30, 2015 05:15 AM EST Reads: 262
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, San...
Nov. 30, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 610