|By Marketwired .||
|July 23, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - July 23, 2014) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Extending its commitment to powering the world's increasingly mobile workforce, Oracle is introducing 57 new Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications. Available from Apple's App Store and Google Play for Android, the applications extend Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne to smartphones and tablets, enabling users to accelerate business execution and help their businesses find new ways to create operational efficiencies.
- Oracle today announced the release of 57 new Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications.
- The new applications, including maintenance, field service, project management, supply chain, and health and safety incident management, offer a modern user interface and simple deployment model to get users up and running quickly.
- The applications are compatible with Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 and Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 184.108.40.206 and are available at no additional cost to customers who have already licensed the base applications.
- The 57 new mobile-optimized applications for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne suite deliver fit-for-purpose, role-based functionality to the mobile worker.
- JD Edwards Enterprise One Mobile Applications are built using Oracle Mobile Application Framework. This framework accelerates and simplifies mobile development with the ability to build once and deploy to multiple platforms, tight integration with camera and other device services, device-native user experience, end-to-end encryption and security, and virtually seamless online and offline operations.
New Mobile Application Areas
- Asset Lifecycle Management. Drive greater value from assets to help maximize profitability and ROI with applications that enable maintenance technicians and supervisors to:
- Create new work orders for company-owned equipment that requires maintenance
- Review and update the status of work orders assigned to team members, issue parts, add notes, and capture photos
- Search and view equipment characteristics, update equipment information, add or update notes, and add photos
- Create and view timecards associated with work completed on company-owned equipment
- Enter equipment meter readings based on pre-defined templates
- Service Management. Support improved field service operations and customer service levels with applications that enable field service engineers and supervisors to:
- Create, review, and update service orders for customer-owned equipment
- Search and view characteristics for customers' equipment
- Create and view timecards associated with service performed on customers' equipment
- View and manage a list of assigned service orders
- Capture meter readings from customers' equipment
- Case Management. Expedite issue reporting and resolution with applications that enable support representatives and supervisors to:
- Quickly and easily report issues and can include photos and notes
- View and manage open, urgent, and due-today cases by priority and assignee
- View cases assigned as well as view key information such as the failure description, equipment, and site
- Health and Safety Incident Management. Enable organizations to analyze incidents and calculate incident safety metrics to help reduce or eliminate occupational incidents. Users can:
- Report occupational incidents including what happened, where, and who was involved, and attach photos
- Obtain an executive-level view as well as a quick view of occupational health and safety incidents reported over a previous time period
- Financial Management. Support improved cash flow and cost controls with applications that enable managers to:
- Search for customers and review a summary of accounts receivable status
- View, approve or reject expenses awaiting approval
- Contact Lookups. Accelerate access to important directory information for key contacts and enable all types of users to:
- Search for customers, view key attributes, locate contacts and synch them to the device
- Search for suppliers and locate their address, phone number, and list of contacts
- Search and locate an employee's contact information, work location, and organization summary information, as well as call, email or text an employee
- Project Management. Empower project managers to take control and manage project costs and progress while on job sites with applications that enable them to:
- Review financial information and status by project and cost code
- Report field progress including labor and equipment time entry and quantities in place
- Enter, update, and approve change requests for projects, contracts or subcontracts
- Order Management. Provide a complete view of customer's order status with applications that enable field sales representatives on the road to:
- Search for customers and view their address, phone numbers, and contacts
- Provide an overview of open orders, quotes, held orders, and backorders
- Supply Management. Streamline procurement processes with applications that that enable managers to:
- View purchase orders awaiting approval with the ability to approve or reject
- View requisition self-service orders awaiting approval with the ability to approve or reject
- Supply Chain Execution. Extend access to product availability with applications that enable field sales representatives and warehouse personnel on the move to:
- View summary or detailed item on hand and available quantities across branches and various units of measure
- View warehouse item availability by location and lot with access to detailed license plate information
- "To accelerate business execution and realize new operational efficiencies, organizations increasingly need easy-to-use mobile applications," said Lyle Ekdahl, senior vice president general manager, Oracle's JD Edwards. "Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Enterprise Applications give users anytime, anywhere access to the key business applications they need to do their jobs. These easy-to-use applications help make organizations more nimble by increasing workforce efficiency and allowing employees to move more quickly."
- "Leveraging Oracle Mobile Application Framework's rapid development capabilities has enabled Oracle's JD Edwards to quickly develop over 50 mobile companion apps for key business processes delivering significant value to JD Edwards customers," said Bill Pataky, vice president, product management, Oracle.
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Mobile Solutions
- Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- JD Edwards Blog - [email protected]
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 25, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,854
Due of the rise of Hadoop, many enterprises are now deploying their first small clusters of 10 to 20 servers. At this small scale, the complexity of operating the cluster looks and feels like general data center servers. It is not until the clusters scale, as they inevitably do, when the pain caused by the exponential complexity becomes apparent. We've seen this problem occur time and time again. In his session at Big Data Expo, Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ...
Feb. 25, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 9,310
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Feb. 25, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 9,120
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Feb. 25, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,715
FinTech is the sum of financial and technology, and it’s one of the fastest growing tech industries. Total global investments in FinTech almost reached $50 billion last year, but there is still a great deal of confusion over what it is and what it means – especially as it applies to retirement. Building financial startups is not simple, but with the right team, technology and an innovative approach it can be an extremely interesting domain to disrupt. FinTech heralds a financial revolution that...
Feb. 25, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,935
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Feb. 25, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 13,553
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Feb. 25, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 11,323
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 25, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,913
SYS-CON Events announced today that Addteq will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Addteq is one of the top 10 Platinum Atlassian Experts who specialize in DevOps, custom and continuous integration, automation, plugin development, and consulting for midsize and global firms. Addteq firmly believes that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq centers its products an...
Feb. 25, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 525
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 25, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,807
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 25, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,688
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 25, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 1,938
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 25, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,395
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Feb. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 2,219
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Feb. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 2,684
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Feb. 25, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,921
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, whic...
Feb. 25, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,740
Some people worry that OpenStack is more flash then substance; however, for many customers this could not be farther from the truth. No other technology equalizes the playing field between vendors while giving your internal teams better access than ever to infrastructure when they need it. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will talk through some real-world OpenStack deployments and look into the ways this can benefit customers of all sizes....
Feb. 25, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,461
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sudarshan Krishnamurthi, a Senior Manager, Business Strategy, at Cisco Systems, will discuss how IT and operational technology (OT) work together, as opposed to being in separate siloes as once was traditional. Attendees will learn how to fully leverage the power of IoT in their organization by bringing the two sides together and bridging the communication gap. He will also look at what good leadership must entail in order to accomplish this, and how IT managers ca...
Feb. 25, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,827
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 25, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,781