|By Marketwired .||
|June 19, 2014 03:02 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/19/14 -- With today's availability of the latest release of Appmethod, developers can now use C++, the most widely used programming language in the world(1), to create complete apps for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac OS X. Appmethod is the multi-device application development platform offered by Embarcadero Technologies for building natively compiled, multi-device apps with a single codebase without compromising performance, platform access, or user experience.
While Android offers the largest addressable market opportunity for app developers, developing C++ Android applications has fallen short on developer productivity. The latest release of Appmethod now includes a "Free Forever" subscription plan that C++ developers can use to create Android apps to be published on any public app store (e.g., Amazon App Store and Google Play). Appmethod also enables developers to build and publish apps for all other supported device platforms for 30 days, and provides access to Appmethod Enterprise Mobility Services.
- Appmethod is the first C++ visual development environment and component based application framework for Android, iOS, Mac OS X, Windows, and wearables like Google Glass. Appmethod streamlines multi-device development efforts by enabling developers to create natively compiled applications for all major platforms with one effort and a single, common source codebase.
- Appmethod offers a rich component framework and a large set of user interface controls to deliver amazing user experiences. From buttons and listviews, to tab management, Appmethod provides over 100 cross-platform UI controls with a common API that deliver the native experience. Appmethod also natively compiles the app to run directly on the CPU, ensuring developers deliver the fastest apps for the best user experience.
- Appmethod's Enterprise Mobility Services can be used to securely expose custom APIs over REST/JSON, access Enterprise data from major database vendors with the included SQL database connectors, and provide a secure, embedded and server database. Appmethod also features a common component API for MBaaS services, like push notifications, user management and storage (files and objects).
- Appmethod delivers a robust end-to-end solution from client to cloud to back end. Developers can easily integrate any REST or SOAP-based service including MBaaS services such as Parse and Kinvey, and quickly and securely extend their apps with cloud services such as SecureAuth (2-Factor Authentication) and Shephertz (App42 MBaaS).
- The new 'Free Forever' plan for Appmethod is available immediately at appmethod.com/sign-up
- "The holy grail of mobile development is a toolset that supports the three major platforms natively with a single code base. Starting with the most used language and the most used mobile platform and then allowing recompilation to the others makes perfect sense." - Janel Garvin, CEO, Evans Data Corp.
- "With the addition of C++ for desktop and mobile, including Android and iOS, Appmethod's multi-device application development platform provides the perfect complement to our enterprise Mobile Backend as a Service. Kinvey simplifies the process of setting up and maintaining a cloud backend for mobile, tablet and Web apps. Together they enable developers to bring amazing multi-device apps to market faster." - Sravish Sridhar, CEO of Kinvey.
- "The SecureAuth/Embarcadero integration with Appmethod allows developers to easily insert advanced, user-friendly cloud-based authentication via a component for instant 2-Factor authentication. The 2-Factor utilizes simple, one-touch authentication approval through SecureAuth's hosted PUSH services, and works across all platforms with the multi-device support of the Appmethod solution. SecureAuth will provide a free license for a certain number of devices with the AppMethod license." - Garret Grajek, CTO/COO, SecureAuth Corporation.
- "Embarcadero's vision of having a multi device development platform -- for PC, Mac, iOS, Android and in future wearables -- is aligned with ShepHertz' vision of providing a one stop shop cloud service for Apps, which is technology agnostic. We foresee that our combined offering will enable App developers to create next generation, engaging and connected apps to address the global market. Our endeavor is to provide powerful tools and means to make App developers successful in this dynamic market in the shortest time and most cost effective manner. We will not only support them in technology, but also assist them in acquiring customers, improving retention, engagement, conversion and monetization." - Siddhartha Chandurkar, Founder and CEO, Shephertz.
- "Today we're introducing the limitless power of C++ with the speed and ease of Appmethod, bringing single source multi-device development for iOS, Android, Windows, and OSX to millions of C++ developers. And with the new Free Android Phone edition, now anyone can build powerful native apps in minutes." - Michael Swindell, Embarcadero Senior Vice President of Products.
Join Embarcadero on June 25th, 2014 for the Appmethod June 2014 Release webinar. In this webinar, attendees will learn about using C++ to deliver multi-device apps with the highest productivity. Download the free version of Appmethod and follow along during the webinar: appmethod.com/sign-up.
New 'Free Forever' @Appmethod plan lets developers create/publish C++ apps for Android phones for free: appmethod.com #Appmethod
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. To learn more, please visit www.embarcadero.com.
(1) Global Developer Population and Demographics Survey: Volume II, Copyright 2013, Evans Data Corp.
Most companies hope for rapid growth so it's important to invest in scalable core technologies that won't demand a complete overhaul when a business goes through a growth spurt. Cloud technology enables previously difficult-to-scale solutions like phone, network infrastructure or billing systems to automatically scale based on demand. For example, with a virtual PBX service, a single-user cloud phone service can easily transition into an advanced VoIP system that supports hundreds of phones and ...
May. 22, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,568
The recent trends like cloud computing, social, mobile and Internet of Things are forcing enterprises to modernize in order to compete in the competitive globalized markets. However, enterprises are approaching newer technologies with a more silo-ed way, gaining only sub optimal benefits. The Modern Enterprise model is presented as a newer way to think of enterprise IT, which takes a more holistic approach to embracing modern technologies.
May. 22, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,792
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developmen...
May. 22, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,995
Security can create serious friction for DevOps processes. We've come up with an approach to alleviate the friction and provide security value to DevOps teams. In her session at DevOps Summit, Shannon Lietz, Senior Manager of DevSecOps at Intuit, will discuss how DevSecOps got started and how it has evolved. Shannon Lietz has over two decades of experience pursuing next generation security solutions. She is currently the DevSecOps Leader for Intuit where she is responsible for setting and driv...
May. 22, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,685
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use c...
May. 22, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,639
Software-driven innovation is becoming a primary approach to how businesses create and deliver new value to customers. A survey of 400 business and IT executives by the IBM Institute for Business Value showed businesses that are more effective at software delivery are also more profitable than their peers nearly 70 percent of the time (1). DevOps provides a way for businesses to remain competitive, applying lean and agile principles to software development to speed the delivery of software that ...
May. 22, 2015 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 6,245
“Oh, dev is dev and ops is ops, and never the twain shall meet.” With apoloies to Rudyard Kipling and all of his fans, this describes the early state of the two sides of DevOps. Yet the DevOps approach is demanded by cloud computing, as the speed, flexibility, and scalability in today's so-called “Third Platform” must not be hindered by the traditional limitations of software development and deployment. A recent report by Gartner, for example, says that 25% of Global 2000 companies will b...
May. 22, 2015 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,598
Big Data is amazing, it's life changing and yes it is changing how we see our world. Big Data, however, can sometimes be too big. Organizations that are not amassing massive amounts of information and feeding into their decision buckets, smaller data that feeds in from customer buying patterns, buying decisions and buying influences can be more useful when used in the right way. In their session at Big Data Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positi...
May. 22, 2015 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,177
JFrog on Thursday announced that it has added Docker support to Bintray, its distribution-as-a-service (DaaS) platform. When combined with JFrog’s Artifactory binary repository management system, organizations can now manage Docker images with an end-to-end solution that supports all technologies. The new version of Bintray allows organizations to create an unlimited number of private Docker repositories, and through the use of fast Akamai content delivery networks (CDNs), it decreases the dow...
May. 22, 2015 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,114
More organizations are embracing DevOps to realize compelling business benefits such as more frequent feature releases, increased application stability, and more productive resource utilization. However, security and compliance monitoring tools have not kept up and often represent the single largest remaining hurdle to continuous delivery. In their session at DevOps Summit, Justin Criswell, Senior Sales Engineer at Alert Logic, Ricardo Lupo, a Solution Architect with Chef, will discuss how to ...
May. 22, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,872
Over the last few years the healthcare ecosystem has revolved around innovations in Electronic Health Record (HER) based systems. This evolution has helped us achieve much desired interoperability. Now the focus is shifting to other equally important aspects - scalability and performance. While applying cloud computing environments to the EHR systems, a special consideration needs to be given to the cloud enablement of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), i.e....
May. 22, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,866
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises a...
May. 22, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,058
Thanks to Docker, it becomes very easy to leverage containers to build, ship, and run any Linux application on any kind of infrastructure. Docker is particularly helpful for microservice architectures because their successful implementation relies on a fast, efficient deployment mechanism – which is precisely one of the features of Docker. Microservice architectures are therefore becoming more popular, and are increasingly seen as an interesting option even for smaller projects, instead of bein...
May. 22, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,168
The truth is, today’s databases are anything but agile – they are effectively static repositories that are cumbersome to work with, difficult to change, and cannot keep pace with application demands. Performance suffers as a result, and it takes far longer than it should to deliver new features and capabilities needed to make your organization competitive. As your application and business needs change, data repositories and structures get outmoded rapidly, resulting in increased work for applica...
May. 22, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,521
The Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) market will grow to $6.4B by 2018. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, will begin by walking the audience through the evolution of Workspace as-a-Service, where it is now vs. where it going. To look beyond the desktop we must understand exactly what WaaS is, who the users are, and where it is going in the future. IT departments, ISVs and service providers must look to workflow and automation capabilities to adapt to growing ...
May. 22, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,957
The speed of product development has increased massively in the past 10 years. At the same time our formal secure development and SDL methodologies have fallen behind. This forces product developers to choose between rapid release times and security. In his session at DevOps Summit, Michael Murray, Director of Cyber Security Consulting and Assessment at GE Healthcare, examined the problems and presented some solutions for moving security into the DevOps lifecycle to ensure that we get fast AND ...
May. 22, 2015 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,777
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, shared some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, de...
May. 22, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,122
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to evolve the way the world does business; however, understanding how to apply it to your company can be a mystery. Most people struggle with understanding the potential business uses or tend to get caught up in the technology, resulting in solutions that fail to meet even minimum business goals. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO / President / Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., showed what is needed to leverage the IoT to transform your business. ...
May. 22, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,489
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
May. 22, 2015 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 6,690
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, will discuss why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices ra...
May. 22, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,020