|By Marketwired .||
|June 19, 2014 03:02 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/19/14 -- With today's availability of the latest release of Appmethod, developers can now use C++, the most widely used programming language in the world(1), to create complete apps for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac OS X. Appmethod is the multi-device application development platform offered by Embarcadero Technologies for building natively compiled, multi-device apps with a single codebase without compromising performance, platform access, or user experience.
While Android offers the largest addressable market opportunity for app developers, developing C++ Android applications has fallen short on developer productivity. The latest release of Appmethod now includes a "Free Forever" subscription plan that C++ developers can use to create Android apps to be published on any public app store (e.g., Amazon App Store and Google Play). Appmethod also enables developers to build and publish apps for all other supported device platforms for 30 days, and provides access to Appmethod Enterprise Mobility Services.
- Appmethod is the first C++ visual development environment and component based application framework for Android, iOS, Mac OS X, Windows, and wearables like Google Glass. Appmethod streamlines multi-device development efforts by enabling developers to create natively compiled applications for all major platforms with one effort and a single, common source codebase.
- Appmethod offers a rich component framework and a large set of user interface controls to deliver amazing user experiences. From buttons and listviews, to tab management, Appmethod provides over 100 cross-platform UI controls with a common API that deliver the native experience. Appmethod also natively compiles the app to run directly on the CPU, ensuring developers deliver the fastest apps for the best user experience.
- Appmethod's Enterprise Mobility Services can be used to securely expose custom APIs over REST/JSON, access Enterprise data from major database vendors with the included SQL database connectors, and provide a secure, embedded and server database. Appmethod also features a common component API for MBaaS services, like push notifications, user management and storage (files and objects).
- Appmethod delivers a robust end-to-end solution from client to cloud to back end. Developers can easily integrate any REST or SOAP-based service including MBaaS services such as Parse and Kinvey, and quickly and securely extend their apps with cloud services such as SecureAuth (2-Factor Authentication) and Shephertz (App42 MBaaS).
- The new 'Free Forever' plan for Appmethod is available immediately at appmethod.com/sign-up
- "The holy grail of mobile development is a toolset that supports the three major platforms natively with a single code base. Starting with the most used language and the most used mobile platform and then allowing recompilation to the others makes perfect sense." - Janel Garvin, CEO, Evans Data Corp.
- "With the addition of C++ for desktop and mobile, including Android and iOS, Appmethod's multi-device application development platform provides the perfect complement to our enterprise Mobile Backend as a Service. Kinvey simplifies the process of setting up and maintaining a cloud backend for mobile, tablet and Web apps. Together they enable developers to bring amazing multi-device apps to market faster." - Sravish Sridhar, CEO of Kinvey.
- "The SecureAuth/Embarcadero integration with Appmethod allows developers to easily insert advanced, user-friendly cloud-based authentication via a component for instant 2-Factor authentication. The 2-Factor utilizes simple, one-touch authentication approval through SecureAuth's hosted PUSH services, and works across all platforms with the multi-device support of the Appmethod solution. SecureAuth will provide a free license for a certain number of devices with the AppMethod license." - Garret Grajek, CTO/COO, SecureAuth Corporation.
- "Embarcadero's vision of having a multi device development platform -- for PC, Mac, iOS, Android and in future wearables -- is aligned with ShepHertz' vision of providing a one stop shop cloud service for Apps, which is technology agnostic. We foresee that our combined offering will enable App developers to create next generation, engaging and connected apps to address the global market. Our endeavor is to provide powerful tools and means to make App developers successful in this dynamic market in the shortest time and most cost effective manner. We will not only support them in technology, but also assist them in acquiring customers, improving retention, engagement, conversion and monetization." - Siddhartha Chandurkar, Founder and CEO, Shephertz.
- "Today we're introducing the limitless power of C++ with the speed and ease of Appmethod, bringing single source multi-device development for iOS, Android, Windows, and OSX to millions of C++ developers. And with the new Free Android Phone edition, now anyone can build powerful native apps in minutes." - Michael Swindell, Embarcadero Senior Vice President of Products.
Join Embarcadero on June 25th, 2014 for the Appmethod June 2014 Release webinar. In this webinar, attendees will learn about using C++ to deliver multi-device apps with the highest productivity. Download the free version of Appmethod and follow along during the webinar: appmethod.com/sign-up.
New 'Free Forever' @Appmethod plan lets developers create/publish C++ apps for Android phones for free: appmethod.com #Appmethod
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. To learn more, please visit www.embarcadero.com.
(1) Global Developer Population and Demographics Survey: Volume II, Copyright 2013, Evans Data Corp.
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 27, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,581
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Sep. 27, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,550
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 27, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,145
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Sep. 27, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,443
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 27, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,571
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Sep. 27, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,141
The Jevons Paradox suggests that when technological advances increase efficiency of a resource, it results in an overall increase in consumption. Writing on the increased use of coal as a result of technological improvements, 19th-century economist William Stanley Jevons found that these improvements led to the development of new ways to utilize coal. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Thiele, Chief Strategy Officer for Apcera, will compare the Jevons Paradox to modern-day enterprise IT, e...
Sep. 27, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,970
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Sep. 27, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,075
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Sep. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,427
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Sep. 27, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,685
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 989
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,772
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,937
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,802
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,726
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,048
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,603
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,733
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 27, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,729
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,296