|By ACN Newswire||
|April 10, 2014 12:34 PM EDT||
Branded Content & Entertainment, Creative Effectiveness, Innovation, Mobile, PR
United Kingdom, Apr 10, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has announced the final names that will make up the 17 juries coming together in Cannes, France, for this year's Festival and Awards.
"This completes a line-up of highly esteemed, creative individuals who collectively are going to judge the world's greatest work and ultimately set new, global benchmarks," says Terry Savage, Chairman of Lions Festivals. "We look forward to working with them all and seeing what they rank as the ground-breaking, innovative entries from this year's submissions."
The Branded Content & Entertainment, Creative Effectiveness, Innovation, Mobile and PR juries will be made up as follows:
Branded Content & Entertainment Lions Jury
- Doug Scott, President & Founder, OgilvyEntertainment, Global - Jury President
- Aditya Swamy, Executive Vice President & Business Head, MTV, India
- Arthur Herpel, Managing Director UM Studios, Universal Media, The Netherlands
- Ben Liebmann, Chief Executive Officer, Shine 360, UK
- Brian O'Rourke, Executive Producer, Branded Entertainment, TBWA\CHIAT\DAY, USA
- Glen Condie, Creative Director, Wonder, Australia
- Jennifer Golub, Creative Director / Executive Director of Content, Let There Be Dragons, USA
- Jon Hamm, Chief Creative & Innovation Officer, Momentum Worldwide, USA
- Justin Wilkes, President of Media & Entertainment/Executive Producer, @Radical.Media, USA
- Lucien Boyer, Global President & CEO, Havas Sports & Entertainment, Global
- Mateo Eaton, Regional Branded Content Partner, Mindshare, Asia Pacific
- Mauricio Mota, Chief Storytelling Officer, Co-Founder, The Alchemists Entertainment Group, Brazil/Global
- Olivier Gers, Global President, LiquidThread, Starcom Mediavest Group, Global
- Pablo Munoz, President, FCB, Spain
- Patricia Weiss, Chairman and Founder BCMA South America and Strategic Consultant of Branded Content & Entertainment, Asas Da Imaginacao, Brazil
- Randy Stein, Partner, Creative, Grip Limited, Canada
- Seiichi Saito, Principal / Creative & Technical Director, Rhizomatiks, Japan
- Thomas Jamet, Chief Executive Officer, Moxie, France
- Ulla-Karin Barrett, Accounts Director, The Fan Club, Sweden
- Will Barnett, Executive Creative Director, Adjust Your Set, UK
Creative Effectiveness Lions Jury
- David Sable, Global Chief Executive Officer, Y&R, Global - Jury President
- Adam Stagliano, Chief International Strategy Director, TBWA\Worldwide, Global
- Brandon Cooke, Global Chief Marketing Officer, mcgarrybowen, Global
- Colvyn Harris, Chief Executive Officer, South Asia, JWT, India
- Craig Mawdsley, Joint Chief Strategy Officer, AMV BBDO, UK
- Fiona Gordon, Group Chairman, Ogilvy & Mather, Singapore
- Greg Lyons, Vice President of Marketing, Mountain Dew & Energy, Pepsico, USA
- James Woodbridge, General Manager - Marketing, Burger King, New Zealand
- John Woodward, Worldwide Planning Director, Publicis Worldwide, France
- John Zeigler, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, DDB Group Asia Pacific, Asia Pacific
- Jung-kyu Park, Senior Vice President, Dongsuh Foods Company, South Korea
- Justin Graham, Chief Strategy Officer, M&C Saatchi, Australia
- Maria Mujica, Latin America Regional Marketing Strategy and Communication Director, Mondelez International, Argentina
- Michael Fassnacht, Chief Executive Officer & President, FCB Chicago, USA
- Miriam Chaves, Marketing & Sales Director, T4F - Time For Fun, Brazil
- Roxanne Taylor, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Accenture, Global
Innovation Lions Jury
- Tom Bedecarre, Chairman, AKQA and President, WPP Ventures, AKQA, Global - Jury President
- Ami Dror, Technologist and Entrepreneur, Dror 3, Israel
- Brian Wong, Founder and CEO, KIIP, Canada
- David Blumberg, Managing Partner, Blumberg Capital, USA
- Genevieve Bell, Intel Fellow, Director User Experience Research, Intel, USA
- Kate Burns, MD, UK/Europe, Shift, UK
- Koichi Yamamoto, Senior Planning Director, Dentsu, Japan
- Oliver Palmer, Head of Innovation, Tigerspike, Asia Pacific
- Sune Kaae, Senior Technical Director, R/GA, Sweden
- Vic Lee, Founding Director, Virtus Inspire, Hong Kong
Mobile Lions Jury
- Jaime Robinson, Executive Creative Director, Pereira & O'Dell, USA - Jury President
- Alasdair Scott, Partner, C3, UK
- Angela Steele, Chief Executive Officer, Ansible | An IPG Mediabrands Company, Global
- Daniel Bonner, Global Chief Creative Officer, Razorfish, UK/Global
- Jay Morgan, Digital Creative Director & Head of Innovation, Havas Worldwide, Australia
- Jens-Petter Aarhus, Creative Director, Anorak, Norway
- Kerstin Trikalitis, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Out There Media, Austria
- Krisztian Toth, CEO & Chief Creative Officer, Carnation PLC, Hungary
- Luiz Sanches, Chief Creative Officer and Partner, AlmapBBDO, Brazil
- Mark Tomlinson, Executive Creative Director, Hellocomputer, South Africa
- Martin Chapman, Creative Director, Head of Design & UX, Magnetix, Denmark
- Qanta Shimizu, Chief Technology Officer / Founder, Party, Japan
- Stephanie Sarofian, Executive Director, Agency and Brand Partnerships, NA, Inmobi, USA
- Syngwook Park, Executive Creative Director, Hancomm, South Korea
- Vineet Gupta, Managing Director, 22Feet Tribal Worldwide, India
PR Lions Jury
- Renee Wilson, President, North America, MSLGroup, USA - Jury President
- Andres Rodriguez, Partner, Babel, Colombia
- Angela Spain, General Manager, PR & Activation, FCB, New Zealand
- Ann Maes, Managing Director, Ogilvy / Ogilvy PR, Belgium
- Arnaud Pochebonne, Executive Vice President EMEA, Managing Director France, Weber Shandwick, France
- Catarina Amorim, Executive Director, M Public Relations, Portugal
- Caterina Tonini, Councillor and Board Member, Havas PR Milan, Italy
- Claire Bridges, Founder, Now Go Create, UK
- Claire Salvetti, Managing Director, Mango Sydney, Australia
- Desiree Maurd, PR Strategist, Forsman & Bodenfors, Sweden
- Elise Mitchell, Chief Executive Officer, Mitchell Communications Group, USA
- Francisco Lopez Dominguez, Managing Director, Burson Marsteller, Spain
- Julia Kozak, SVP and Partner, Managing Director, FleishmanHillard, Poland
- Matias Alurralde, President, Alurralde, Jasper + Asoc., Argentina
- Mauro Silva, Executive Creative Director, Livead, Brazil
- Petra Sammer, Partner & Chief Creative Officer, Ketchum, Germany
- Preben Carlsen, Managing Partner, Trigger AS, Norway
- Radhika Shapoorjee, President South Asia Corporate, Ipan Hill & Knowlton Strategies, India
- Ruth Sheetrit, Chairman, SMG Sheetrit Media Group, Israel
- Ruth Warder, Managing Director, Brand, Edelman, UK
- Tomoki Harada, Creative Director, TBWA\Hakuhodo, Japan
Entries into the Cannes Lions Awards are currently being accepted until 25 April 2014. Further details of categories, their juries and how to enter can be found online at www.canneslions.com. Cannes Lions takes place from 15-21 June 2014 and is the world's largest annual Festival and Awards for the creative communications industry.
About Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
The 61st Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity will be held 15-21 June 2014, Palais des Festivals, Cannes, France. The International Festival of Creativity, also known as Cannes Lions, is the world's leading celebration of creativity in communications. Founded in 1954, the Festival takes place every June in Cannes, France.
As the most prestigious international annual advertising and communications awards, over 35,500 entries from all over the world are showcased and judged at the Festival. Winning companies receive the highly coveted Lion trophy, a global benchmark of creative excellence, for Film, Print, Outdoor, Interactive, Radio, Design, Product Design, Promo & Activation, Film Craft, Mobile, Branded Entertainment and Integrated advertising, as well as the best Media, Direct, PR, Titanium, Creative Effectiveness and Innovation ideas. The Festival is also the only truly global meeting place for advertisers, advertising and communication professionals.
More than 12,000 delegates from 95 countries attend a week-long programme of exhibitions, screenings and talks by worldwide thought leaders. As the networking and learning opportunity of the year, Cannes Lions is the must-attend event for anyone involved in brand communications. For further information, please visit www.canneslions.com.
About Lions Festivals
Lions Festivals is the organiser of Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity and Eurobest as well as co-organisers, with its joint venture partners, of Dubai Lynx International Festival of Creativity, Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity, Festival of Asian Marketing Effectiveness, and the Digital Asia Festival. www.lionsfestivals.com. Lions Festivals is powered by Top Right Group.
Source: Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
Amanda Benfell Head of Press & PR, Lions Festivals Tel: +44-20-3033-4000 E-mail: [email protected] URL: www.canneslions.com
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
Containers are changing the security landscape for software development and deployment. As with any security solutions, security approaches that work for developers, operations personnel and security professionals is a requirement. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Kevin Gilpin, CTO and Co-Founder of Conjur, will discuss various security considerations for container-based infrastructure and related DevOps workflows.
Oct. 13, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 320
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete en...
Oct. 13, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 399
Containers are all the rage among developers and web companies, but they also represent two very substantial benefits to larger organizations. First, they have the potential to dramatically accelerate the application lifecycle from software builds and testing to deployment and upgrades. Second they represent the first truly hybrid-approach to consuming infrastructure, allowing organizations to run the same workloads on any cloud, virtual machine or physical server. Together, they represent a ver...
Oct. 13, 2015 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 196
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data ...
Oct. 13, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 180
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Oct. 13, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 142
Between the compelling mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at DevOps Summit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how busine...
Oct. 13, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 388
Interested in leveraging automation technologies and a cloud architecture to make developers more productive? Learn how PaaS can benefit your organization to help you streamline your application development, allow you to use existing infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies. Begin charting your path to PaaS with OpenShift Enterprise.
Oct. 13, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 656
IT data is typically silo'd by the various tools in place. Unifying all the log, metric and event data in one analytics platform stops finger pointing and provides the end-to-end correlation. Logs, metrics and custom event data can be joined to tell the holistic story of your software and operations. For example, users can correlate code deploys to system performance to application error codes.
Oct. 13, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 313
Achim Weiss is Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of ProfitBricks. In 1995, he broke off his studies to co-found the web hosting company "Schlund+Partner." The company "Schlund+Partner" later became the 1&1 web hosting product line. From 1995 to 2008, he was the technical director for several important projects: the largest web hosting platform in the world, the second largest DSL platform, a video on-demand delivery network, the largest eMail backend in Europe, and a universal billing syste...
Oct. 13, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 348
Secure Cloud through Automated Compliance | @CloudExpo @CloudRaxak #Cloud #BigData #DevOps #Microservices
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Oct. 13, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 375
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, will review the current landscape of...
Oct. 13, 2015 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 242
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 12, 2015 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 7,123
As operational failure becomes more acceptable to discuss within the software industry, the necessity for holding constructive, actionable postmortems increases. But most of what we know about postmortems from "pop culture" isn't actually relevant for the software systems we work on and within. In his session at DevOps Summit, J. Paul Reed will look at postmortem pitfalls, techniques, and tools you'll be able to take back to your own environment so they will be able to lay the foundations for h...
Oct. 12, 2015 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 167
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, will explore the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends an...
Oct. 12, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 312
As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ability. Many are unable to effectively engage and inspire, creating forward momentum in the direction of desired change. Renowned for its approach to leadership and emphasis on their people, organizations increasingly look to our military for insight into these challenges.
Oct. 12, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 284
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes ab...
Oct. 12, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,225
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
Oct. 12, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 192
DevOps Summit, taking place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and Javits Center in New York City, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait...
Oct. 12, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 142
For almost two decades, businesses have discovered great opportunities to engage with customers and even expand revenue through digital systems, including web and mobile applications. Yet, even now, the conversation between the business and the technologists that deliver these systems is strained, in large part due to misaligned objectives. In his session at DevOps Summit, James Urquhart, Senior Vice President of Performance Analytics at SOASTA, Inc., will discuss how measuring user outcomes –...
Oct. 12, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 546
As-a-service models offer huge opportunities, but also complicate security. It may seem that the easiest way to migrate to a new architectural model is to let others, experts in their field, do the work. This has given rise to many as-a-service models throughout the industry and across the entire technology stack, from software to infrastructure. While this has unlocked huge opportunities to accelerate the deployment of new capabilities or increase economic efficiencies within an organization, i...
Oct. 12, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 352