|By ACN Newswire||
|April 10, 2014 12:34 PM EDT||
Branded Content & Entertainment, Creative Effectiveness, Innovation, Mobile, PR
United Kingdom, Apr 10, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has announced the final names that will make up the 17 juries coming together in Cannes, France, for this year's Festival and Awards.
"This completes a line-up of highly esteemed, creative individuals who collectively are going to judge the world's greatest work and ultimately set new, global benchmarks," says Terry Savage, Chairman of Lions Festivals. "We look forward to working with them all and seeing what they rank as the ground-breaking, innovative entries from this year's submissions."
The Branded Content & Entertainment, Creative Effectiveness, Innovation, Mobile and PR juries will be made up as follows:
Branded Content & Entertainment Lions Jury
- Doug Scott, President & Founder, OgilvyEntertainment, Global - Jury President
- Aditya Swamy, Executive Vice President & Business Head, MTV, India
- Arthur Herpel, Managing Director UM Studios, Universal Media, The Netherlands
- Ben Liebmann, Chief Executive Officer, Shine 360, UK
- Brian O'Rourke, Executive Producer, Branded Entertainment, TBWA\CHIAT\DAY, USA
- Glen Condie, Creative Director, Wonder, Australia
- Jennifer Golub, Creative Director / Executive Director of Content, Let There Be Dragons, USA
- Jon Hamm, Chief Creative & Innovation Officer, Momentum Worldwide, USA
- Justin Wilkes, President of Media & Entertainment/Executive Producer, @Radical.Media, USA
- Lucien Boyer, Global President & CEO, Havas Sports & Entertainment, Global
- Mateo Eaton, Regional Branded Content Partner, Mindshare, Asia Pacific
- Mauricio Mota, Chief Storytelling Officer, Co-Founder, The Alchemists Entertainment Group, Brazil/Global
- Olivier Gers, Global President, LiquidThread, Starcom Mediavest Group, Global
- Pablo Munoz, President, FCB, Spain
- Patricia Weiss, Chairman and Founder BCMA South America and Strategic Consultant of Branded Content & Entertainment, Asas Da Imaginacao, Brazil
- Randy Stein, Partner, Creative, Grip Limited, Canada
- Seiichi Saito, Principal / Creative & Technical Director, Rhizomatiks, Japan
- Thomas Jamet, Chief Executive Officer, Moxie, France
- Ulla-Karin Barrett, Accounts Director, The Fan Club, Sweden
- Will Barnett, Executive Creative Director, Adjust Your Set, UK
Creative Effectiveness Lions Jury
- David Sable, Global Chief Executive Officer, Y&R, Global - Jury President
- Adam Stagliano, Chief International Strategy Director, TBWA\Worldwide, Global
- Brandon Cooke, Global Chief Marketing Officer, mcgarrybowen, Global
- Colvyn Harris, Chief Executive Officer, South Asia, JWT, India
- Craig Mawdsley, Joint Chief Strategy Officer, AMV BBDO, UK
- Fiona Gordon, Group Chairman, Ogilvy & Mather, Singapore
- Greg Lyons, Vice President of Marketing, Mountain Dew & Energy, Pepsico, USA
- James Woodbridge, General Manager - Marketing, Burger King, New Zealand
- John Woodward, Worldwide Planning Director, Publicis Worldwide, France
- John Zeigler, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, DDB Group Asia Pacific, Asia Pacific
- Jung-kyu Park, Senior Vice President, Dongsuh Foods Company, South Korea
- Justin Graham, Chief Strategy Officer, M&C Saatchi, Australia
- Maria Mujica, Latin America Regional Marketing Strategy and Communication Director, Mondelez International, Argentina
- Michael Fassnacht, Chief Executive Officer & President, FCB Chicago, USA
- Miriam Chaves, Marketing & Sales Director, T4F - Time For Fun, Brazil
- Roxanne Taylor, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Accenture, Global
Innovation Lions Jury
- Tom Bedecarre, Chairman, AKQA and President, WPP Ventures, AKQA, Global - Jury President
- Ami Dror, Technologist and Entrepreneur, Dror 3, Israel
- Brian Wong, Founder and CEO, KIIP, Canada
- David Blumberg, Managing Partner, Blumberg Capital, USA
- Genevieve Bell, Intel Fellow, Director User Experience Research, Intel, USA
- Kate Burns, MD, UK/Europe, Shift, UK
- Koichi Yamamoto, Senior Planning Director, Dentsu, Japan
- Oliver Palmer, Head of Innovation, Tigerspike, Asia Pacific
- Sune Kaae, Senior Technical Director, R/GA, Sweden
- Vic Lee, Founding Director, Virtus Inspire, Hong Kong
Mobile Lions Jury
- Jaime Robinson, Executive Creative Director, Pereira & O'Dell, USA - Jury President
- Alasdair Scott, Partner, C3, UK
- Angela Steele, Chief Executive Officer, Ansible | An IPG Mediabrands Company, Global
- Daniel Bonner, Global Chief Creative Officer, Razorfish, UK/Global
- Jay Morgan, Digital Creative Director & Head of Innovation, Havas Worldwide, Australia
- Jens-Petter Aarhus, Creative Director, Anorak, Norway
- Kerstin Trikalitis, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Out There Media, Austria
- Krisztian Toth, CEO & Chief Creative Officer, Carnation PLC, Hungary
- Luiz Sanches, Chief Creative Officer and Partner, AlmapBBDO, Brazil
- Mark Tomlinson, Executive Creative Director, Hellocomputer, South Africa
- Martin Chapman, Creative Director, Head of Design & UX, Magnetix, Denmark
- Qanta Shimizu, Chief Technology Officer / Founder, Party, Japan
- Stephanie Sarofian, Executive Director, Agency and Brand Partnerships, NA, Inmobi, USA
- Syngwook Park, Executive Creative Director, Hancomm, South Korea
- Vineet Gupta, Managing Director, 22Feet Tribal Worldwide, India
PR Lions Jury
- Renee Wilson, President, North America, MSLGroup, USA - Jury President
- Andres Rodriguez, Partner, Babel, Colombia
- Angela Spain, General Manager, PR & Activation, FCB, New Zealand
- Ann Maes, Managing Director, Ogilvy / Ogilvy PR, Belgium
- Arnaud Pochebonne, Executive Vice President EMEA, Managing Director France, Weber Shandwick, France
- Catarina Amorim, Executive Director, M Public Relations, Portugal
- Caterina Tonini, Councillor and Board Member, Havas PR Milan, Italy
- Claire Bridges, Founder, Now Go Create, UK
- Claire Salvetti, Managing Director, Mango Sydney, Australia
- Desiree Maurd, PR Strategist, Forsman & Bodenfors, Sweden
- Elise Mitchell, Chief Executive Officer, Mitchell Communications Group, USA
- Francisco Lopez Dominguez, Managing Director, Burson Marsteller, Spain
- Julia Kozak, SVP and Partner, Managing Director, FleishmanHillard, Poland
- Matias Alurralde, President, Alurralde, Jasper + Asoc., Argentina
- Mauro Silva, Executive Creative Director, Livead, Brazil
- Petra Sammer, Partner & Chief Creative Officer, Ketchum, Germany
- Preben Carlsen, Managing Partner, Trigger AS, Norway
- Radhika Shapoorjee, President South Asia Corporate, Ipan Hill & Knowlton Strategies, India
- Ruth Sheetrit, Chairman, SMG Sheetrit Media Group, Israel
- Ruth Warder, Managing Director, Brand, Edelman, UK
- Tomoki Harada, Creative Director, TBWA\Hakuhodo, Japan
Entries into the Cannes Lions Awards are currently being accepted until 25 April 2014. Further details of categories, their juries and how to enter can be found online at www.canneslions.com. Cannes Lions takes place from 15-21 June 2014 and is the world's largest annual Festival and Awards for the creative communications industry.
About Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
The 61st Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity will be held 15-21 June 2014, Palais des Festivals, Cannes, France. The International Festival of Creativity, also known as Cannes Lions, is the world's leading celebration of creativity in communications. Founded in 1954, the Festival takes place every June in Cannes, France.
As the most prestigious international annual advertising and communications awards, over 35,500 entries from all over the world are showcased and judged at the Festival. Winning companies receive the highly coveted Lion trophy, a global benchmark of creative excellence, for Film, Print, Outdoor, Interactive, Radio, Design, Product Design, Promo & Activation, Film Craft, Mobile, Branded Entertainment and Integrated advertising, as well as the best Media, Direct, PR, Titanium, Creative Effectiveness and Innovation ideas. The Festival is also the only truly global meeting place for advertisers, advertising and communication professionals.
More than 12,000 delegates from 95 countries attend a week-long programme of exhibitions, screenings and talks by worldwide thought leaders. As the networking and learning opportunity of the year, Cannes Lions is the must-attend event for anyone involved in brand communications. For further information, please visit www.canneslions.com.
About Lions Festivals
Lions Festivals is the organiser of Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity and Eurobest as well as co-organisers, with its joint venture partners, of Dubai Lynx International Festival of Creativity, Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity, Festival of Asian Marketing Effectiveness, and the Digital Asia Festival. www.lionsfestivals.com. Lions Festivals is powered by Top Right Group.
Source: Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
Amanda Benfell Head of Press & PR, Lions Festivals Tel: +44-20-3033-4000 E-mail: [email protected] URL: www.canneslions.com
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
While there are hundreds of public and private cloud hosting providers to choose from, not all clouds are created equal. If you’re seeking to host enterprise-level mission-critical applications, where Cloud Security is a primary concern, WHOA.com is setting new standards for cloud hosting, and has established itself as a major contender in the marketplace. We are constantly seeking ways to innovate and leverage state-of-the-art technologies. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Mike Rivera, Seni...
May. 26, 2015 11:14 AM EDT Reads: 244
SYS-CON Events announced today that EnterpriseDB (EDB), the leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class Postgres products and database compatibility solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. EDB is the largest provider of Postgres software and services that provides enterprise-class performance and scalability and the open source freedom to divert budget from more costly traditiona...
May. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,971
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will addresses this very serious issue o...
May. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 485
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and asse...
May. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,832
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session a...
May. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,151
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, will review next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discuss how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Speaker Bios Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has b...
May. 26, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,779
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 26, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,852
EMC Corporation on Tuesday announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire privately held Virtustream. When the transaction closes, Virtustream will form EMC’s new managed cloud services business. The acquisition represents a transformational element of EMC’s strategy to help customers move all applications to cloud-based IT environments. With the addition of Virtustream, EMC completes the industry’s most comprehensive hybrid cloud portfolio to support all applications, all workl...
May. 26, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 509
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists will peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud en...
May. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,150
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
May. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,603
We are all here because we are sold on the transformative promise of The Cloud. But what good is all of this ephemeral, on-demand infrastructure if your usage doesn't actually improve the agility and speed of your business? How must Operations adapt in order to avoid stifling your Cloud initiative? In his session at DevOps Summit, Damon Edwards, co-founder and managing partner of the DTO Solutions, will highlight the successful organizational, process, and tooling patterns of high-performing c...
May. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,478
There is no question that the cloud is where businesses want to host data. Until recently hypervisor virtualization was the most widely used method in cloud computing. Recently virtual containers have been gaining in popularity, and for good reason. In the debate between virtual machines and containers, the latter have been seen as the new kid on the block – and like other emerging technology have had some initial shortcomings. However, the container space has evolved drastically since coming on...
May. 26, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,920
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will address the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affec...
May. 26, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,977
T-Mobile has been transforming the wireless industry with its “Uncarrier” initiatives. Today as T-Mobile’s IT organization works to transform itself in a like manner, technical foundations built over the last couple of years are now key to their drive for more Agile delivery practices. In his session at DevOps Summit, Martin Krienke, Sr Development Manager at T-Mobile, will discuss where they started their Continuous Delivery journey, where they are today, and where they are going in an effort ...
May. 26, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,945
SYS-CON Media named Andi Mann editor of DevOps Journal. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Andi Mann, Vice President, Strategic Solutions, at CA Technologies, is an accomplished digital business executive with extensive global expertise as a strategist, technologist, innovator, marketer, communicator, and thought lea...
May. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,108
Even though it’s now Microservices Journal, long-time fans of SOA World Magazine can take comfort in the fact that the URL – soa.sys-con.com – remains unchanged. And that’s no mistake, as microservices are really nothing more than a new and improved take on the Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) best practices we struggled to hammer out over the last decade. Skeptics, however, might say that this change is nothing more than an exercise in buzzword-hopping. SOA is passé, and now that people are ...
May. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,880
Enterprises are fast realizing the importance of integrating SaaS/Cloud applications, API and on-premises data and processes, to unleash hidden value. This webinar explores how managers can use a Microservice-centric approach to aggressively tackle the unexpected new integration challenges posed by proliferation of cloud, mobile, social and big data projects. Industry analyst and SOA expert Jason Bloomberg will strip away the hype from microservices, and clearly identify their advantages and d...
May. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,314
The Domain Name Service (DNS) is one of the most important components in networking infrastructure, enabling users and services to access applications by translating URLs (names) into IP addresses (numbers). Because every icon and URL and all embedded content on a website requires a DNS lookup loading complex sites necessitates hundreds of DNS queries. In addition, as more internet-enabled ‘Things' get connected, people will rely on DNS to name and find their fridges, toasters and toilets. Acco...
May. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,366
You often hear the two titles of "DevOps" and "Immutable Infrastructure" used independently. In his session at DevOps Summit, John Willis, Technical Evangelist for Docker, will cover the union between the two topics and why this is important. He will cover an overview of Immutable Infrastructure then show how an Immutable Continuous Delivery pipeline can be applied as a best practice for "DevOps." He will end the session with some interesting case study examples.
May. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,318
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. 8th International Big Data Expo, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. As advanced data storage, access and analytics technologies aimed at handling high-volume and/or fast moving data all move center stage, aided by the cloud computing bo...
May. 26, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,091