|By Marketwired .||
|February 14, 2014 06:53 AM EST||
WINDSOR, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwired) -- 02/14/14 -- A whole host of launch dates and new game details for upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles were revealed today as part of the first Nintendo Direct broadcast in 2014.
This Nintendo Direct put a spotlight on a selection of upcoming titles for Wii U owners. From 30th May, start your engines when Mario Kart 8 brings the family-favourite franchise to Wii U - this time with Bowser's minions on board as drivers! Today's broadcast also delivered new footage of anticipated Wii U titles such as Bayonetta 2 by PlatinumGames, as well as the new game in development by MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC. Additional surprises on show were the announcement of NES Remix 2, bringing new retro challenges and a Luigi-themed spin on a cherished classic to Nintendo eShop, plus the reveal of Little Mac from the Punch Out!! series as a playable character in both Super Smash Bros for Wii U as well as its handheld sibling.
In addition to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, the Nintendo 3DS family of systems will continue to bolster its broad software line-up into 2014 with titles for all tastes and ages. Both Mario Golf: World Tour and Kirby: Triple Deluxe are set to tee off in May, while Yoshi is getting his own Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition(i) console to accompany the launch of Yoshi's New Island on 14th March. Over on Nintendo eShop, underwater warfare has arrived in the shape of Steel Diver: Sub Wars, now available as a free download, while a different type of battle will take place in Pokemon Link: Battle!, available as a downloadable title from 13th March.
With more details on Game Boy Advance titles launching from April on Wii U Virtual Console, as well as star appearances by Donkey Kong, Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright all part of today's broadcast, the year 2014 is set to offer a host of memorable gameplay experiences for owners of Nintendo systems. Today's Nintendo Direct can be viewed in its entirety at:
Highlights from today's Nintendo Direct broadcast included:
- Mario Kart 8: Put the pedal to the metal in gravity-defying courses on 30th May when Mario Kart 8 launches in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Wii U. This time around, take to the starting grid with Bowser's minions, with all available as playable characters for the first time ever. Will Iggy, Larry, Ludwig, Morton, Roy and Wendy pip Mario & Co to the podium?
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: With Super Smash Bros. launching in stores and on Nintendo eShop for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS in 2014, prepare to don the gloves and go for the KO when Little Mac of Punch-Out!! fame is introduced as a new challenger.
- Bayonetta 2: A new trailer for Bayonetta 2 showcased the Umbran Climax, a single, powerful attack that allows Bayonetta to release all her accumulated magic power. Like in the original Bayonetta, the use of Witch Time will prove all-important in dodging enemy attacks at the last possible moment. Bayonetta 2 is coming to Wii U later this year.
- A new title developed by MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC.: New footage of the title currently in development showed a battle scene with the player entering a human-shaped robot to fight a giant beast out in the wild. More updates on the game will be announced in the future.
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: Swinging into stores and on Nintendo eShop for Wii U on 21st February, today's Nintendo Direct revealed a new extended trailer showcasing what lies in store in this latest KONG adventure.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- NES Remix 2: This second instalment of the mashup of classic Nintendo games features challenges from later NES games like Super Mario Bros. 3, Kirby's Adventure and Metroid. Just like NES Remix, the sequel includes stages from the original games with new challenges, as well as modified stages that introduce new elements. The game is scheduled to launch on Nintendo eShop for Wii U on 25th April. Best of all, it includes a free bonus game:
- Super Luigi Bros.: This is a full game based on a challenge from NES Remix. It contains all the levels from the Super Mario Bros. original game, only now it stars Luigi and requires players to navigate familiar levels in an unheard-of way - by running to the left! The game even incorporates Luigi's signature high jump. It's a fun new spin on a classic game.
- Child of Light: This RPG from Ubisoft takes the perspective of Aurora, a young princess on a quest to retrieve three sources of light from the evil Queen. Expect vile monsters and legendary creatures in a world inspired by fairy tales when the game releases on Nintendo eShop for Wii U on 1st May.
- Game Boy Advance titles coming to Wii U Virtual Console: Including Metroid Fusion, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Game Boy Advance games are set to release on Wii U Virtual Console from April onwards. More titles will be released over time.
- Mario Golf: World Tour: In addition to previously announced multiplayer features, the game will also include the Castle Club, a single-player clubhouse hub that offers a variety of areas to help players hone their skills. The Castle Club includes golf courses, tournaments, training areas, shops, locker rooms and a cafe. A training area lets them focus on specific aspects of their game, such as putting. Players can customise their Mii characters using items sold at the shop, including clubs, golf balls and clothing. Different combinations of gear can affect a player's performance. Mario Golf: World Tour is scheduled to launch on 2nd May for Nintendo 3DS.
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe: In Kirby: Triple Deluxe, expect over 20 different types of copy abilities including the Beetle, Circus and Archer granting Kirby a wide range of moves. Hunt down Sun Stones in order to progress through the adventure, and collect 8-bit key chains hidden within levels or get them from other players. The game takes advantage of StreetPass functionality to deliver better items to players. Kirby: Triple Deluxe will launch on Nintendo 3DS on 16th May.
- Yoshi's New Island: Flutter-jumping its way to stores and Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 14th March, Yoshi's New Island will feature big eggs called Mega Eggdozers, as well as Metal Eggdozers that enable Yoshi to venture underwater. Using the gyro controls of the Nintendo 3DS console, maneuver a Submarine Yoshi or Jackhammer Yoshi, while transforming into a "Super Yoshi" lets you fly like a shooting star or run along walls and ceilings at will! Players who are having trouble completing a level might see the appearance of Flutter Wings, which let Yoshi fly through the air. In a final piece of Yoshi news, a Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition(i) will also release on 14th March, with the design incorporating the familiar green and white of Yoshi.
- Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Akihiro Hino from LEVEL-5 spoke about the game in advance of its launch in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 28th March. Fans looking to get a dose of puzzle-solving can try out a puzzle demo at the game's newly launched website, or go behind the scenes via a new Iwata Asks interview.
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Following on from the recent announcement by Capcom, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be coming to Nintendo 3DS in Europe in early 2015. In addition to online play, the game will also allow players to hunt monsters in dynamic new ways.
- Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl: An upcoming Atlus title coming to Europe, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl will be released in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 2nd May, with a special demo of the game available on Nintendo eShop from 18th April.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Pokemon Link: Battle!: In this new Pokemon action puzzle instalment, every known Pokemon - over 700 - are set to feature! Match Pokemon to clear them while battling against and collecting others, and create bonds with your Pokemon to make them inflict greater damage to your opponents in battle. Pokemon: Link Battle! will also offer 4-player co-op play, and releases on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 13th March.
- Steel Diver: Sub Wars: Available as of today on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS is the successor to the submarine action game, Steel Diver. A tactical first-person shooter, Steel Diver: Sub Wars challenges you to stay one step ahead of your enemies, including single-player missions, the ability to stage competitive 4-on-4 team battles, plus local and online multiplayer modes. Players can now download the game for free and enjoy two submarine types, the beginning of the single-player mission mode, plus the entire multiplayer mode. Upgrading to the paid Premium Version will open up the full single-player experience and a greater variety of submarines to commandeer.
- Nintendo Pocket Football Club: Exclusive to Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS and releasing on 17th April, Nintendo Pocket Football Club puts players at the helm of their very own football club, with decisions ranging from how to best train a squad to scouting new players. Help players progress and fulfill their potential with the help of training cards, and unlock special card combos to boost their stats even further. In addition, share players with friends to help strengthen each other's line-up, and keep an eye out for the game's website from launch to see how your team's performance fares against friends or other managers. A new Iwata Asks interview on Nintendo Pocket Football Club is now available.
- Weapon Shop de Omasse: The fourth and final title from what is known in Japan as the Guild01 series, Weapon Shop de Omasse tasks players with managing a weapon shop inside a classic RPG, with blacksmith Oyaji and apprentice Yuhan forging and renting out weapons to heroes, instead of going on the quests themselves. The heroes rely upon the quality of your weapons to defeat characters such as the Evil Lord - if the heroes fail, you won't get paid. Weapon Shop de Omasse releases on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 20th February.
- LEVEL-5 game sale: To celebrate the release of Weapon Shop de Omasse, from today until 23rd February (23:59 local time), the following previously released Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS titles from LEVEL-5 will be on sale, priced at GBP 2.69 - ATTACK OF THE FRIDAY MONSTERS! A TOKYO TALE; CRIMSON SHROUD; LIBERATION MAIDEN; AERO PORTER; THE STARSHIP DAMREY; BUGS vs. TANKS!
For further details:
Nintendo Direct website http://nintendo.co.uk/nintendodirect
Nintendo Direct on Ustream http://www.ustream.tv/NintendoUK
Nintendo UK Online Store http://store.nintendo.co.uk/
Wii U (UK) on Facebook http://facebook.com/WiiU.co.uk
Nintendo 3DS (UK) on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DSUK
Nintendo UK on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/NintendoUK
Nintendo of Europe on Twitter https://twitter.com/nintendoeurope
Nintendo UK on Twitter https://twitter.com/nintendouk
Iwata Asks hub http://www.iwataasks.co.uk
(i)Please note that the Yoshi's New Island software is not included.
(ii)Depending on the Wii U hardware pack you own and your use of it, an additional storage device may be required to download software from Nintendo eShop.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U and Wii home consoles, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo has sold more than 4.2 billion video games and more than 669 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi and Nintendo DSi XL, as well as the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Super NES, Nintendo 64 and Nintendo GameCube systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokemon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Grossostheim, Germany, was established in 1990 and serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in Europe.
For more information, please visit
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
May. 26, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,083
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 26, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 537
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
May. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,892
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,621
Many banks and financial institutions are experimenting with containers in development environments, but when will they move into production? Containers are seen as the key to achieving the ultimate in information technology flexibility and agility. Containers work on both public and private clouds, and make it easy to build and deploy applications. The challenge for regulated industries is the cost and complexity of container security compliance. VM security compliance is already challenging, ...
May. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,093
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 904
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, will discuss how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He will discuss how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors...
May. 25, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,781
The essence of data analysis involves setting up data pipelines that consist of several operations that are chained together – starting from data collection, data quality checks, data integration, data analysis and data visualization (including the setting up of interaction paths in that visualization). In our opinion, the challenges stem from the technology diversity at each stage of the data pipeline as well as the lack of process around the analysis.
May. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,237
As machines are increasingly connected to the internet, it’s becoming easier to discover the numerous ways Industrial IoT (IIoT) is helping to shape the business world. This is exactly why we have decided to take a closer look at this pervasive movement and to examine the desire to connect more things! Now if you need a refresher on IIoT and how it is changing the world, take a moment and listen to Greg Gorbach with ARC Advisory Group. Gorbach believes, "IIoT will significantly change the worl...
May. 25, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,834
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit y...
May. 25, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,895
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
May. 25, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,728
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 25, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 968
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 25, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,207
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
May. 25, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,131
Customer experience has become a competitive differentiator for companies, and it’s imperative that brands seamlessly connect the customer journey across all platforms. With the continued explosion of IoT, join us for a look at how to build a winning digital foundation in the connected era – today and in the future. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Nguyen, Group Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how to successfully leverage mobile, rapidly deploy content, capture real-time d...
May. 25, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,451
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? How do you coordinate the diverse moving parts that must come together when developing your IoT product? What are the key challenges addressed by Data as a Service? How does cloud computing underlie and connect the notions of Digital and DevOps What is the impact of the API economy? What is the business imperative for Cognitive Computing? Get all these questions and hundreds more like them answered at the 18th Cloud Expo...
May. 25, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,148
As cloud and storage projections continue to rise, the number of organizations moving to the cloud is escalating and it is clear cloud storage is here to stay. However, is it secure? Data is the lifeblood for government entities, countries, cloud service providers and enterprises alike and losing or exposing that data can have disastrous results. There are new concepts for data storage on the horizon that will deliver secure solutions for storing and moving sensitive data around the world. ...
May. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,172
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, will explore the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences betwee...
May. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,532
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 25, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 996
Cloud-based NCLC (No-code/low code) application builder platforms empower everyone in the organization to quickly build applications and executable processes that broaden access, deepen collaboration, and enhance transparency for all team members. Line of business owners (LOBO) and operations managers know best their part of the business and their processes. IT departments are beginning to leverage NCLC platforms to empower and enable LOBOs to lead the innovation, transform the organization, an...
May. 25, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,687