|By Marketwired .||
|February 14, 2014 06:53 AM EST||
WINDSOR, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwired) -- 02/14/14 -- A whole host of launch dates and new game details for upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles were revealed today as part of the first Nintendo Direct broadcast in 2014.
This Nintendo Direct put a spotlight on a selection of upcoming titles for Wii U owners. From 30th May, start your engines when Mario Kart 8 brings the family-favourite franchise to Wii U - this time with Bowser's minions on board as drivers! Today's broadcast also delivered new footage of anticipated Wii U titles such as Bayonetta 2 by PlatinumGames, as well as the new game in development by MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC. Additional surprises on show were the announcement of NES Remix 2, bringing new retro challenges and a Luigi-themed spin on a cherished classic to Nintendo eShop, plus the reveal of Little Mac from the Punch Out!! series as a playable character in both Super Smash Bros for Wii U as well as its handheld sibling.
In addition to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, the Nintendo 3DS family of systems will continue to bolster its broad software line-up into 2014 with titles for all tastes and ages. Both Mario Golf: World Tour and Kirby: Triple Deluxe are set to tee off in May, while Yoshi is getting his own Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition(i) console to accompany the launch of Yoshi's New Island on 14th March. Over on Nintendo eShop, underwater warfare has arrived in the shape of Steel Diver: Sub Wars, now available as a free download, while a different type of battle will take place in Pokemon Link: Battle!, available as a downloadable title from 13th March.
With more details on Game Boy Advance titles launching from April on Wii U Virtual Console, as well as star appearances by Donkey Kong, Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright all part of today's broadcast, the year 2014 is set to offer a host of memorable gameplay experiences for owners of Nintendo systems. Today's Nintendo Direct can be viewed in its entirety at:
Highlights from today's Nintendo Direct broadcast included:
- Mario Kart 8: Put the pedal to the metal in gravity-defying courses on 30th May when Mario Kart 8 launches in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Wii U. This time around, take to the starting grid with Bowser's minions, with all available as playable characters for the first time ever. Will Iggy, Larry, Ludwig, Morton, Roy and Wendy pip Mario & Co to the podium?
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: With Super Smash Bros. launching in stores and on Nintendo eShop for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS in 2014, prepare to don the gloves and go for the KO when Little Mac of Punch-Out!! fame is introduced as a new challenger.
- Bayonetta 2: A new trailer for Bayonetta 2 showcased the Umbran Climax, a single, powerful attack that allows Bayonetta to release all her accumulated magic power. Like in the original Bayonetta, the use of Witch Time will prove all-important in dodging enemy attacks at the last possible moment. Bayonetta 2 is coming to Wii U later this year.
- A new title developed by MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC.: New footage of the title currently in development showed a battle scene with the player entering a human-shaped robot to fight a giant beast out in the wild. More updates on the game will be announced in the future.
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: Swinging into stores and on Nintendo eShop for Wii U on 21st February, today's Nintendo Direct revealed a new extended trailer showcasing what lies in store in this latest KONG adventure.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- NES Remix 2: This second instalment of the mashup of classic Nintendo games features challenges from later NES games like Super Mario Bros. 3, Kirby's Adventure and Metroid. Just like NES Remix, the sequel includes stages from the original games with new challenges, as well as modified stages that introduce new elements. The game is scheduled to launch on Nintendo eShop for Wii U on 25th April. Best of all, it includes a free bonus game:
- Super Luigi Bros.: This is a full game based on a challenge from NES Remix. It contains all the levels from the Super Mario Bros. original game, only now it stars Luigi and requires players to navigate familiar levels in an unheard-of way - by running to the left! The game even incorporates Luigi's signature high jump. It's a fun new spin on a classic game.
- Child of Light: This RPG from Ubisoft takes the perspective of Aurora, a young princess on a quest to retrieve three sources of light from the evil Queen. Expect vile monsters and legendary creatures in a world inspired by fairy tales when the game releases on Nintendo eShop for Wii U on 1st May.
- Game Boy Advance titles coming to Wii U Virtual Console: Including Metroid Fusion, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Game Boy Advance games are set to release on Wii U Virtual Console from April onwards. More titles will be released over time.
- Mario Golf: World Tour: In addition to previously announced multiplayer features, the game will also include the Castle Club, a single-player clubhouse hub that offers a variety of areas to help players hone their skills. The Castle Club includes golf courses, tournaments, training areas, shops, locker rooms and a cafe. A training area lets them focus on specific aspects of their game, such as putting. Players can customise their Mii characters using items sold at the shop, including clubs, golf balls and clothing. Different combinations of gear can affect a player's performance. Mario Golf: World Tour is scheduled to launch on 2nd May for Nintendo 3DS.
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe: In Kirby: Triple Deluxe, expect over 20 different types of copy abilities including the Beetle, Circus and Archer granting Kirby a wide range of moves. Hunt down Sun Stones in order to progress through the adventure, and collect 8-bit key chains hidden within levels or get them from other players. The game takes advantage of StreetPass functionality to deliver better items to players. Kirby: Triple Deluxe will launch on Nintendo 3DS on 16th May.
- Yoshi's New Island: Flutter-jumping its way to stores and Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 14th March, Yoshi's New Island will feature big eggs called Mega Eggdozers, as well as Metal Eggdozers that enable Yoshi to venture underwater. Using the gyro controls of the Nintendo 3DS console, maneuver a Submarine Yoshi or Jackhammer Yoshi, while transforming into a "Super Yoshi" lets you fly like a shooting star or run along walls and ceilings at will! Players who are having trouble completing a level might see the appearance of Flutter Wings, which let Yoshi fly through the air. In a final piece of Yoshi news, a Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition(i) will also release on 14th March, with the design incorporating the familiar green and white of Yoshi.
- Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Akihiro Hino from LEVEL-5 spoke about the game in advance of its launch in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 28th March. Fans looking to get a dose of puzzle-solving can try out a puzzle demo at the game's newly launched website, or go behind the scenes via a new Iwata Asks interview.
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Following on from the recent announcement by Capcom, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be coming to Nintendo 3DS in Europe in early 2015. In addition to online play, the game will also allow players to hunt monsters in dynamic new ways.
- Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl: An upcoming Atlus title coming to Europe, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl will be released in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 2nd May, with a special demo of the game available on Nintendo eShop from 18th April.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Pokemon Link: Battle!: In this new Pokemon action puzzle instalment, every known Pokemon - over 700 - are set to feature! Match Pokemon to clear them while battling against and collecting others, and create bonds with your Pokemon to make them inflict greater damage to your opponents in battle. Pokemon: Link Battle! will also offer 4-player co-op play, and releases on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 13th March.
- Steel Diver: Sub Wars: Available as of today on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS is the successor to the submarine action game, Steel Diver. A tactical first-person shooter, Steel Diver: Sub Wars challenges you to stay one step ahead of your enemies, including single-player missions, the ability to stage competitive 4-on-4 team battles, plus local and online multiplayer modes. Players can now download the game for free and enjoy two submarine types, the beginning of the single-player mission mode, plus the entire multiplayer mode. Upgrading to the paid Premium Version will open up the full single-player experience and a greater variety of submarines to commandeer.
- Nintendo Pocket Football Club: Exclusive to Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS and releasing on 17th April, Nintendo Pocket Football Club puts players at the helm of their very own football club, with decisions ranging from how to best train a squad to scouting new players. Help players progress and fulfill their potential with the help of training cards, and unlock special card combos to boost their stats even further. In addition, share players with friends to help strengthen each other's line-up, and keep an eye out for the game's website from launch to see how your team's performance fares against friends or other managers. A new Iwata Asks interview on Nintendo Pocket Football Club is now available.
- Weapon Shop de Omasse: The fourth and final title from what is known in Japan as the Guild01 series, Weapon Shop de Omasse tasks players with managing a weapon shop inside a classic RPG, with blacksmith Oyaji and apprentice Yuhan forging and renting out weapons to heroes, instead of going on the quests themselves. The heroes rely upon the quality of your weapons to defeat characters such as the Evil Lord - if the heroes fail, you won't get paid. Weapon Shop de Omasse releases on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 20th February.
- LEVEL-5 game sale: To celebrate the release of Weapon Shop de Omasse, from today until 23rd February (23:59 local time), the following previously released Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS titles from LEVEL-5 will be on sale, priced at GBP 2.69 - ATTACK OF THE FRIDAY MONSTERS! A TOKYO TALE; CRIMSON SHROUD; LIBERATION MAIDEN; AERO PORTER; THE STARSHIP DAMREY; BUGS vs. TANKS!
For further details:
Nintendo Direct website http://nintendo.co.uk/nintendodirect
Nintendo Direct on Ustream http://www.ustream.tv/NintendoUK
Nintendo UK Online Store http://store.nintendo.co.uk/
Wii U (UK) on Facebook http://facebook.com/WiiU.co.uk
Nintendo 3DS (UK) on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DSUK
Nintendo UK on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/NintendoUK
Nintendo of Europe on Twitter https://twitter.com/nintendoeurope
Nintendo UK on Twitter https://twitter.com/nintendouk
Iwata Asks hub http://www.iwataasks.co.uk
(i)Please note that the Yoshi's New Island software is not included.
(ii)Depending on the Wii U hardware pack you own and your use of it, an additional storage device may be required to download software from Nintendo eShop.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U and Wii home consoles, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo has sold more than 4.2 billion video games and more than 669 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi and Nintendo DSi XL, as well as the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Super NES, Nintendo 64 and Nintendo GameCube systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokemon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Grossostheim, Germany, was established in 1990 and serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in Europe.
For more information, please visit
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 5,359
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 4,501
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, will explore the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and will give a real live, hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He will examine three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. This is a hands-on session that will require participants to bring their own laptops, and we will provide the rest.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 4,867
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 18, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 4,625
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager - Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, reviewed next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discussed how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has been engaged in t...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 4,663
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,666
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,398
A look across the tech landscape at the disruptive technologies that are increasing in prominence and speculate as to which will be most impactful for communications – namely, AI and Cloud Computing. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Curtis Peterson, VP of Operations at RingCentral, will highlight the current challenges of these transformative technologies and share strategies for preparing your organization for these changes. This “view from the top” will outline the latest trends and developm...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 972
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 3,461
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 5,592
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 18, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 5,097
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,491
"Avere Systems is a hybrid cloud solution provider. We have customers that want to use cloud storage and we have customers that want to take advantage of cloud compute," explained Rebecca Thompson, VP of Marketing at Avere Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 18, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 6,302
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 18, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,525
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 4,228
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 5,755
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 18, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,941
The unique combination of Amazon Web Services and Cloud Raxak, a Gartner Cool Vendor in IT Automation, provides a seamless and cost-effective way of securely moving on-premise IT workloads to Amazon Web Services. Any enterprise can now leverage the cloud, manage risk, and maintain continuous security compliance. Forrester's analysis shows that enterprises need automated security to lower security risk and decrease IT operational costs. Through the seamless integration into Amazon Web Services, ...
Jan. 18, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,808
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Jan. 18, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,137
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 18, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 3,103