|By Marketwired .||
|February 14, 2014 06:53 AM EST||
WINDSOR, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwired) -- 02/14/14 -- A whole host of launch dates and new game details for upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles were revealed today as part of the first Nintendo Direct broadcast in 2014.
This Nintendo Direct put a spotlight on a selection of upcoming titles for Wii U owners. From 30th May, start your engines when Mario Kart 8 brings the family-favourite franchise to Wii U - this time with Bowser's minions on board as drivers! Today's broadcast also delivered new footage of anticipated Wii U titles such as Bayonetta 2 by PlatinumGames, as well as the new game in development by MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC. Additional surprises on show were the announcement of NES Remix 2, bringing new retro challenges and a Luigi-themed spin on a cherished classic to Nintendo eShop, plus the reveal of Little Mac from the Punch Out!! series as a playable character in both Super Smash Bros for Wii U as well as its handheld sibling.
In addition to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, the Nintendo 3DS family of systems will continue to bolster its broad software line-up into 2014 with titles for all tastes and ages. Both Mario Golf: World Tour and Kirby: Triple Deluxe are set to tee off in May, while Yoshi is getting his own Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition(i) console to accompany the launch of Yoshi's New Island on 14th March. Over on Nintendo eShop, underwater warfare has arrived in the shape of Steel Diver: Sub Wars, now available as a free download, while a different type of battle will take place in Pokemon Link: Battle!, available as a downloadable title from 13th March.
With more details on Game Boy Advance titles launching from April on Wii U Virtual Console, as well as star appearances by Donkey Kong, Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright all part of today's broadcast, the year 2014 is set to offer a host of memorable gameplay experiences for owners of Nintendo systems. Today's Nintendo Direct can be viewed in its entirety at:
Highlights from today's Nintendo Direct broadcast included:
- Mario Kart 8: Put the pedal to the metal in gravity-defying courses on 30th May when Mario Kart 8 launches in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Wii U. This time around, take to the starting grid with Bowser's minions, with all available as playable characters for the first time ever. Will Iggy, Larry, Ludwig, Morton, Roy and Wendy pip Mario & Co to the podium?
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: With Super Smash Bros. launching in stores and on Nintendo eShop for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS in 2014, prepare to don the gloves and go for the KO when Little Mac of Punch-Out!! fame is introduced as a new challenger.
- Bayonetta 2: A new trailer for Bayonetta 2 showcased the Umbran Climax, a single, powerful attack that allows Bayonetta to release all her accumulated magic power. Like in the original Bayonetta, the use of Witch Time will prove all-important in dodging enemy attacks at the last possible moment. Bayonetta 2 is coming to Wii U later this year.
- A new title developed by MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC.: New footage of the title currently in development showed a battle scene with the player entering a human-shaped robot to fight a giant beast out in the wild. More updates on the game will be announced in the future.
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: Swinging into stores and on Nintendo eShop for Wii U on 21st February, today's Nintendo Direct revealed a new extended trailer showcasing what lies in store in this latest KONG adventure.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- NES Remix 2: This second instalment of the mashup of classic Nintendo games features challenges from later NES games like Super Mario Bros. 3, Kirby's Adventure and Metroid. Just like NES Remix, the sequel includes stages from the original games with new challenges, as well as modified stages that introduce new elements. The game is scheduled to launch on Nintendo eShop for Wii U on 25th April. Best of all, it includes a free bonus game:
- Super Luigi Bros.: This is a full game based on a challenge from NES Remix. It contains all the levels from the Super Mario Bros. original game, only now it stars Luigi and requires players to navigate familiar levels in an unheard-of way - by running to the left! The game even incorporates Luigi's signature high jump. It's a fun new spin on a classic game.
- Child of Light: This RPG from Ubisoft takes the perspective of Aurora, a young princess on a quest to retrieve three sources of light from the evil Queen. Expect vile monsters and legendary creatures in a world inspired by fairy tales when the game releases on Nintendo eShop for Wii U on 1st May.
- Game Boy Advance titles coming to Wii U Virtual Console: Including Metroid Fusion, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Game Boy Advance games are set to release on Wii U Virtual Console from April onwards. More titles will be released over time.
- Mario Golf: World Tour: In addition to previously announced multiplayer features, the game will also include the Castle Club, a single-player clubhouse hub that offers a variety of areas to help players hone their skills. The Castle Club includes golf courses, tournaments, training areas, shops, locker rooms and a cafe. A training area lets them focus on specific aspects of their game, such as putting. Players can customise their Mii characters using items sold at the shop, including clubs, golf balls and clothing. Different combinations of gear can affect a player's performance. Mario Golf: World Tour is scheduled to launch on 2nd May for Nintendo 3DS.
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe: In Kirby: Triple Deluxe, expect over 20 different types of copy abilities including the Beetle, Circus and Archer granting Kirby a wide range of moves. Hunt down Sun Stones in order to progress through the adventure, and collect 8-bit key chains hidden within levels or get them from other players. The game takes advantage of StreetPass functionality to deliver better items to players. Kirby: Triple Deluxe will launch on Nintendo 3DS on 16th May.
- Yoshi's New Island: Flutter-jumping its way to stores and Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 14th March, Yoshi's New Island will feature big eggs called Mega Eggdozers, as well as Metal Eggdozers that enable Yoshi to venture underwater. Using the gyro controls of the Nintendo 3DS console, maneuver a Submarine Yoshi or Jackhammer Yoshi, while transforming into a "Super Yoshi" lets you fly like a shooting star or run along walls and ceilings at will! Players who are having trouble completing a level might see the appearance of Flutter Wings, which let Yoshi fly through the air. In a final piece of Yoshi news, a Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition(i) will also release on 14th March, with the design incorporating the familiar green and white of Yoshi.
- Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Akihiro Hino from LEVEL-5 spoke about the game in advance of its launch in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 28th March. Fans looking to get a dose of puzzle-solving can try out a puzzle demo at the game's newly launched website, or go behind the scenes via a new Iwata Asks interview.
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Following on from the recent announcement by Capcom, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be coming to Nintendo 3DS in Europe in early 2015. In addition to online play, the game will also allow players to hunt monsters in dynamic new ways.
- Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl: An upcoming Atlus title coming to Europe, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl will be released in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 2nd May, with a special demo of the game available on Nintendo eShop from 18th April.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Pokemon Link: Battle!: In this new Pokemon action puzzle instalment, every known Pokemon - over 700 - are set to feature! Match Pokemon to clear them while battling against and collecting others, and create bonds with your Pokemon to make them inflict greater damage to your opponents in battle. Pokemon: Link Battle! will also offer 4-player co-op play, and releases on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 13th March.
- Steel Diver: Sub Wars: Available as of today on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS is the successor to the submarine action game, Steel Diver. A tactical first-person shooter, Steel Diver: Sub Wars challenges you to stay one step ahead of your enemies, including single-player missions, the ability to stage competitive 4-on-4 team battles, plus local and online multiplayer modes. Players can now download the game for free and enjoy two submarine types, the beginning of the single-player mission mode, plus the entire multiplayer mode. Upgrading to the paid Premium Version will open up the full single-player experience and a greater variety of submarines to commandeer.
- Nintendo Pocket Football Club: Exclusive to Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS and releasing on 17th April, Nintendo Pocket Football Club puts players at the helm of their very own football club, with decisions ranging from how to best train a squad to scouting new players. Help players progress and fulfill their potential with the help of training cards, and unlock special card combos to boost their stats even further. In addition, share players with friends to help strengthen each other's line-up, and keep an eye out for the game's website from launch to see how your team's performance fares against friends or other managers. A new Iwata Asks interview on Nintendo Pocket Football Club is now available.
- Weapon Shop de Omasse: The fourth and final title from what is known in Japan as the Guild01 series, Weapon Shop de Omasse tasks players with managing a weapon shop inside a classic RPG, with blacksmith Oyaji and apprentice Yuhan forging and renting out weapons to heroes, instead of going on the quests themselves. The heroes rely upon the quality of your weapons to defeat characters such as the Evil Lord - if the heroes fail, you won't get paid. Weapon Shop de Omasse releases on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 20th February.
- LEVEL-5 game sale: To celebrate the release of Weapon Shop de Omasse, from today until 23rd February (23:59 local time), the following previously released Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS titles from LEVEL-5 will be on sale, priced at GBP 2.69 - ATTACK OF THE FRIDAY MONSTERS! A TOKYO TALE; CRIMSON SHROUD; LIBERATION MAIDEN; AERO PORTER; THE STARSHIP DAMREY; BUGS vs. TANKS!
For further details:
Nintendo Direct website http://nintendo.co.uk/nintendodirect
Nintendo Direct on Ustream http://www.ustream.tv/NintendoUK
Nintendo UK Online Store http://store.nintendo.co.uk/
Wii U (UK) on Facebook http://facebook.com/WiiU.co.uk
Nintendo 3DS (UK) on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DSUK
Nintendo UK on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/NintendoUK
Nintendo of Europe on Twitter https://twitter.com/nintendoeurope
Nintendo UK on Twitter https://twitter.com/nintendouk
Iwata Asks hub http://www.iwataasks.co.uk
(i)Please note that the Yoshi's New Island software is not included.
(ii)Depending on the Wii U hardware pack you own and your use of it, an additional storage device may be required to download software from Nintendo eShop.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U and Wii home consoles, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo has sold more than 4.2 billion video games and more than 669 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi and Nintendo DSi XL, as well as the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Super NES, Nintendo 64 and Nintendo GameCube systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokemon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Grossostheim, Germany, was established in 1990 and serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in Europe.
For more information, please visit
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. Migration to cloud shifts computing resources from your data center, which can yield significant advantages provided that the cloud vendor an offer enterprise-grade quality for your application.
Oct. 9, 2015 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 306
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi's VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driv...
Oct. 9, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 129
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and Containers together help companies to achieve their business goals faster and more effectively.
Oct. 9, 2015 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 201
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Oct. 9, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 313
The web app is agile. The REST API is agile. The testing and planning are agile. But alas, data infrastructures certainly are not. Once an application matures, changing the shape or indexing scheme of data often forces at best a top down planning exercise and at worst includes schema changes that force downtime. The time has come for a new approach that fundamentally advances the agility of distributed data infrastructures. Come learn about a new solution to the problems faced by software organ...
Oct. 9, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 929
As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ability. Many are unable to effectively engage and inspire, creating forward momentum in the direction of desired change. Renowned for its approach to leadership and emphasis on their people, organizations increasingly look to our military for insight into these challenges.
Oct. 9, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 184
Achim Weiss is Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of ProfitBricks. In 1995, he broke off his studies to co-found the web hosting company "Schlund+Partner." The company "Schlund+Partner" later became the 1&1 web hosting product line. From 1995 to 2008, he was the technical director for several important projects: the largest web hosting platform in the world, the second largest DSL platform, a video on-demand delivery network, the largest eMail backend in Europe, and a universal billing syste...
Oct. 9, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 221
Secure Cloud through Automated Compliance | @CloudExpo @CloudRaxak #Cloud #BigData #DevOps #Microservices
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Oct. 9, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 324
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, will explore the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends an...
Oct. 9, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 113
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 245
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 9, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 510
Saviynt Inc. has announced the availability of the next release of Saviynt for AWS. The comprehensive security and compliance solution provides a Command-and-Control center to gain visibility into risks in AWS, enforce real-time protection of critical workloads as well as data and automate access life-cycle governance. The solution enables AWS customers to meet their compliance mandates such as ITAR, SOX, PCI, etc. by including an extensive risk and controls library to detect known threats and b...
Oct. 9, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 241
SYS-CON Events announced today that Key Information Systems, Inc. (KeyInfo), a leading cloud and infrastructure provider offering integrated solutions to enterprises, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Key Information Systems is a leading regional systems integrator with world-class compute, storage and networking solutions and professional services for the most advanced softwa...
Oct. 9, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 413
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bryan Forrester, Senior Vice President of Sales at eFolder, will present how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He will also demonstrate how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Oct. 9, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 502
The enterprise is being consumerized, and the consumer is being enterprised. Moore's Law does not matter anymore, the future belongs to business virtualization powered by invisible service architecture, powered by hyperscale and hyperconvergence, and facilitated by vertical streaming and horizontal scaling and consolidation. Both buyers and sellers want instant results, and from paperwork to paperless to mindless is the ultimate goal for any seamless transaction. The sweetest sweet spot in innov...
Oct. 9, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 217
The IoT is upon us, but today’s databases, built on 30-year-old math, require multiple platforms to create a single solution. Data demands of the IoT require Big Data systems that can handle ingest, transactions and analytics concurrently adapting to varied situations as they occur, with speed at scale. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, chief strategy officer at Deep Information Sciences, will look differently at IoT data so enterprises can fully leverage their IoT potential. He’ll sha...
Oct. 9, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 565
Overgrown applications have given way to modular applications, driven by the need to break larger problems into smaller problems. Similarly large monolithic development processes have been forced to be broken into smaller agile development cycles. Looking at trends in software development, microservices architectures meet the same demands. Additional benefits of microservices architectures are compartmentalization and a limited impact of service failure versus a complete software malfunction....
Oct. 9, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 258
For almost two decades, businesses have discovered great opportunities to engage with customers and even expand revenue through digital systems, including web and mobile applications. Yet, even now, the conversation between the business and the technologists that deliver these systems is strained, in large part due to misaligned objectives. In his session at DevOps Summit, James Urquhart, Senior Vice President of Performance Analytics at SOASTA, Inc., will discuss how measuring user outcomes –...
Oct. 9, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 480
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 9, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 616
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the...
Oct. 9, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 803