|By Marketwired .||
|February 14, 2014 06:53 AM EST||
WINDSOR, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwired) -- 02/14/14 -- A whole host of launch dates and new game details for upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles were revealed today as part of the first Nintendo Direct broadcast in 2014.
This Nintendo Direct put a spotlight on a selection of upcoming titles for Wii U owners. From 30th May, start your engines when Mario Kart 8 brings the family-favourite franchise to Wii U - this time with Bowser's minions on board as drivers! Today's broadcast also delivered new footage of anticipated Wii U titles such as Bayonetta 2 by PlatinumGames, as well as the new game in development by MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC. Additional surprises on show were the announcement of NES Remix 2, bringing new retro challenges and a Luigi-themed spin on a cherished classic to Nintendo eShop, plus the reveal of Little Mac from the Punch Out!! series as a playable character in both Super Smash Bros for Wii U as well as its handheld sibling.
In addition to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, the Nintendo 3DS family of systems will continue to bolster its broad software line-up into 2014 with titles for all tastes and ages. Both Mario Golf: World Tour and Kirby: Triple Deluxe are set to tee off in May, while Yoshi is getting his own Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition(i) console to accompany the launch of Yoshi's New Island on 14th March. Over on Nintendo eShop, underwater warfare has arrived in the shape of Steel Diver: Sub Wars, now available as a free download, while a different type of battle will take place in Pokemon Link: Battle!, available as a downloadable title from 13th March.
With more details on Game Boy Advance titles launching from April on Wii U Virtual Console, as well as star appearances by Donkey Kong, Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright all part of today's broadcast, the year 2014 is set to offer a host of memorable gameplay experiences for owners of Nintendo systems. Today's Nintendo Direct can be viewed in its entirety at:
Highlights from today's Nintendo Direct broadcast included:
- Mario Kart 8: Put the pedal to the metal in gravity-defying courses on 30th May when Mario Kart 8 launches in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Wii U. This time around, take to the starting grid with Bowser's minions, with all available as playable characters for the first time ever. Will Iggy, Larry, Ludwig, Morton, Roy and Wendy pip Mario & Co to the podium?
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: With Super Smash Bros. launching in stores and on Nintendo eShop for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS in 2014, prepare to don the gloves and go for the KO when Little Mac of Punch-Out!! fame is introduced as a new challenger.
- Bayonetta 2: A new trailer for Bayonetta 2 showcased the Umbran Climax, a single, powerful attack that allows Bayonetta to release all her accumulated magic power. Like in the original Bayonetta, the use of Witch Time will prove all-important in dodging enemy attacks at the last possible moment. Bayonetta 2 is coming to Wii U later this year.
- A new title developed by MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC.: New footage of the title currently in development showed a battle scene with the player entering a human-shaped robot to fight a giant beast out in the wild. More updates on the game will be announced in the future.
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: Swinging into stores and on Nintendo eShop for Wii U on 21st February, today's Nintendo Direct revealed a new extended trailer showcasing what lies in store in this latest KONG adventure.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- NES Remix 2: This second instalment of the mashup of classic Nintendo games features challenges from later NES games like Super Mario Bros. 3, Kirby's Adventure and Metroid. Just like NES Remix, the sequel includes stages from the original games with new challenges, as well as modified stages that introduce new elements. The game is scheduled to launch on Nintendo eShop for Wii U on 25th April. Best of all, it includes a free bonus game:
- Super Luigi Bros.: This is a full game based on a challenge from NES Remix. It contains all the levels from the Super Mario Bros. original game, only now it stars Luigi and requires players to navigate familiar levels in an unheard-of way - by running to the left! The game even incorporates Luigi's signature high jump. It's a fun new spin on a classic game.
- Child of Light: This RPG from Ubisoft takes the perspective of Aurora, a young princess on a quest to retrieve three sources of light from the evil Queen. Expect vile monsters and legendary creatures in a world inspired by fairy tales when the game releases on Nintendo eShop for Wii U on 1st May.
- Game Boy Advance titles coming to Wii U Virtual Console: Including Metroid Fusion, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Game Boy Advance games are set to release on Wii U Virtual Console from April onwards. More titles will be released over time.
- Mario Golf: World Tour: In addition to previously announced multiplayer features, the game will also include the Castle Club, a single-player clubhouse hub that offers a variety of areas to help players hone their skills. The Castle Club includes golf courses, tournaments, training areas, shops, locker rooms and a cafe. A training area lets them focus on specific aspects of their game, such as putting. Players can customise their Mii characters using items sold at the shop, including clubs, golf balls and clothing. Different combinations of gear can affect a player's performance. Mario Golf: World Tour is scheduled to launch on 2nd May for Nintendo 3DS.
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe: In Kirby: Triple Deluxe, expect over 20 different types of copy abilities including the Beetle, Circus and Archer granting Kirby a wide range of moves. Hunt down Sun Stones in order to progress through the adventure, and collect 8-bit key chains hidden within levels or get them from other players. The game takes advantage of StreetPass functionality to deliver better items to players. Kirby: Triple Deluxe will launch on Nintendo 3DS on 16th May.
- Yoshi's New Island: Flutter-jumping its way to stores and Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 14th March, Yoshi's New Island will feature big eggs called Mega Eggdozers, as well as Metal Eggdozers that enable Yoshi to venture underwater. Using the gyro controls of the Nintendo 3DS console, maneuver a Submarine Yoshi or Jackhammer Yoshi, while transforming into a "Super Yoshi" lets you fly like a shooting star or run along walls and ceilings at will! Players who are having trouble completing a level might see the appearance of Flutter Wings, which let Yoshi fly through the air. In a final piece of Yoshi news, a Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition(i) will also release on 14th March, with the design incorporating the familiar green and white of Yoshi.
- Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Akihiro Hino from LEVEL-5 spoke about the game in advance of its launch in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 28th March. Fans looking to get a dose of puzzle-solving can try out a puzzle demo at the game's newly launched website, or go behind the scenes via a new Iwata Asks interview.
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Following on from the recent announcement by Capcom, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be coming to Nintendo 3DS in Europe in early 2015. In addition to online play, the game will also allow players to hunt monsters in dynamic new ways.
- Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl: An upcoming Atlus title coming to Europe, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl will be released in stores and on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 2nd May, with a special demo of the game available on Nintendo eShop from 18th April.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Pokemon Link: Battle!: In this new Pokemon action puzzle instalment, every known Pokemon - over 700 - are set to feature! Match Pokemon to clear them while battling against and collecting others, and create bonds with your Pokemon to make them inflict greater damage to your opponents in battle. Pokemon: Link Battle! will also offer 4-player co-op play, and releases on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 13th March.
- Steel Diver: Sub Wars: Available as of today on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS is the successor to the submarine action game, Steel Diver. A tactical first-person shooter, Steel Diver: Sub Wars challenges you to stay one step ahead of your enemies, including single-player missions, the ability to stage competitive 4-on-4 team battles, plus local and online multiplayer modes. Players can now download the game for free and enjoy two submarine types, the beginning of the single-player mission mode, plus the entire multiplayer mode. Upgrading to the paid Premium Version will open up the full single-player experience and a greater variety of submarines to commandeer.
- Nintendo Pocket Football Club: Exclusive to Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS and releasing on 17th April, Nintendo Pocket Football Club puts players at the helm of their very own football club, with decisions ranging from how to best train a squad to scouting new players. Help players progress and fulfill their potential with the help of training cards, and unlock special card combos to boost their stats even further. In addition, share players with friends to help strengthen each other's line-up, and keep an eye out for the game's website from launch to see how your team's performance fares against friends or other managers. A new Iwata Asks interview on Nintendo Pocket Football Club is now available.
- Weapon Shop de Omasse: The fourth and final title from what is known in Japan as the Guild01 series, Weapon Shop de Omasse tasks players with managing a weapon shop inside a classic RPG, with blacksmith Oyaji and apprentice Yuhan forging and renting out weapons to heroes, instead of going on the quests themselves. The heroes rely upon the quality of your weapons to defeat characters such as the Evil Lord - if the heroes fail, you won't get paid. Weapon Shop de Omasse releases on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on 20th February.
- LEVEL-5 game sale: To celebrate the release of Weapon Shop de Omasse, from today until 23rd February (23:59 local time), the following previously released Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS titles from LEVEL-5 will be on sale, priced at GBP 2.69 - ATTACK OF THE FRIDAY MONSTERS! A TOKYO TALE; CRIMSON SHROUD; LIBERATION MAIDEN; AERO PORTER; THE STARSHIP DAMREY; BUGS vs. TANKS!
For further details:
Nintendo Direct website http://nintendo.co.uk/nintendodirect
Nintendo Direct on Ustream http://www.ustream.tv/NintendoUK
Nintendo UK Online Store http://store.nintendo.co.uk/
Wii U (UK) on Facebook http://facebook.com/WiiU.co.uk
Nintendo 3DS (UK) on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DSUK
Nintendo UK on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/NintendoUK
Nintendo of Europe on Twitter https://twitter.com/nintendoeurope
Nintendo UK on Twitter https://twitter.com/nintendouk
Iwata Asks hub http://www.iwataasks.co.uk
(i)Please note that the Yoshi's New Island software is not included.
(ii)Depending on the Wii U hardware pack you own and your use of it, an additional storage device may be required to download software from Nintendo eShop.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U and Wii home consoles, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo has sold more than 4.2 billion video games and more than 669 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi and Nintendo DSi XL, as well as the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Super NES, Nintendo 64 and Nintendo GameCube systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokemon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Grossostheim, Germany, was established in 1990 and serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in Europe.
For more information, please visit
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 22, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,280
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and microservices. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your conta...
Oct. 22, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,380
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 22, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,607
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 22, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 886
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 22, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 800
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 22, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,143
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,486
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 956
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 937
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,930
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 22, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,815
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,413
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 869
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 985
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,220
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 33,897
Effectively SMBs and government programs must address compounded regulatory compliance requirements. The most recent are Controlled Unclassified Information and the EU’s GDPR have Board Level implications. Managing sensitive data protection will likely result in acquisition criteria, demonstration requests and new requirements. Developers, as part of the pre-planning process and the associated supply chain, could benefit from updating their code libraries and design by incorporating changes.
Oct. 21, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,591
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,200
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,983
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 365