|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2014 01:55 PM EST||
With each week, Nintendo continues to grow the number of fantastic digital titles available on the Nintendo eShop on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Talented independent developers are showcasing their creativity through upcoming releases, representing a variety of styles and genres, and might even be inventing a few new ones along the way. Key upcoming releases include:
Retro City Rampage: DX Screenshot (Photo: Business Wire)
For Nintendo 3DS
Retro City Rampage: DX (VBlank Entertainment Inc.) – release date: Feb. 6
- Jump into the 8-bit open-world. Steal cars and outrun the law while jumping on pedestrians for coins and collecting power-ups. Retro City Rampage: DX fuses modern with retro, in a celebration and send-up of the ’80s and ’90s. It features a full Story Mode of open-world missions, along with Arcade Challenges for quick pick-up-and-play action. If free roaming’s your thing, the interactive city full of shops, mini-games, customizations, collectibles and special guest stars should keep you busy too. This definitive version of the game on Nintendo 3DS includes content not found on other platforms.
Siesta Fiesta (Mojo Bones) – target release: March
- Mojo Bones is proud to present Siesta Fiesta: a colorful blend of block-breaker, pinball and side-scroller. Join the snoozing Siesta – and the fun-loving Fiestas – on this one-of-a-kind adventure across Fiestaville’s eight fun-filled regions, each with its own wacky contraptions and power-ups to interact with. Bounce, boost and rebound your way through frantic time trials, exciting Piñata bosses, a multitude of game mechanics and the madness that is Fiesta mode. Siesta Fiesta lands on the Nintendo 3DS eShop this March.
Moon Chronicles (Renegade Kid LLC.) – target release: March
- Experience Renegade Kid’s award-winning first-person shooter remastered in glorious 3D. Rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of Nintendo 3DS, Moon Chronicles delivers an atmospheric first-person sci-fi adventure with enhanced graphics and intuitive touch-screen controls for a truly immersive experience. Join Major Kane on a mysterious mission to Earth’s moon to investigate a unique hatch of unknown origin. Moon Chronicles is the first Nintendo 3DS title to be launched with episodic content. With each new episode, players are brought one step closer to understanding the secrets that lie beneath the surface of the moon.
Treasurenauts (Renegade Kid LLC.) – target release: May
- The famous Treasurenauts have been marooned on a perilous, uncharted island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean – courtesy of Bad Pirate Pete. His terms for escape are simple: Collect $1 million worth of treasure before he returns to the island, and offer it as payment for passage back to the mainland. Littered with fiendish foes, creepy crawlies and treacherous traps, exploring the many mysterious labyrinths found on the island is a challenge that only the most skilled and fearless Treasurenauts can handle. Even having the choice of equipping a sword, a gun or bombs will only help so much. Enjoy playing Treasurenauts as a single-player adventure or team up with a friend for a cooperative multiplayer expedition via Download Play. Many secrets are to be found on this rambunctious romp, bestowing you with bounties of treasure, extraordinary new abilities and much more.
For Wii U
Wooden Sen’SeY (Publisher: Neko Entertainment; developer: Upper Byte Studio) – target release: February
- Wooden Sen’SeY is an action-platformer set in a unique “Japan Steam Rock” universe with tons of humor, varied game play and attitude to spare. You follow Goro, a village chief, as he seeks revenge through a variety of levels. He will defeat his enemies using his axes to slice, dice, squash and grapple. The game features nine original environments, each with its own original music and unique game mechanics. As one of the first Wii U digital titles to be developed with the Unity engine, this game features off-TV game play and integrated motion controls using the Wii U GamePad and Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers.
For Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games) – release date: March 31
- Shovel Knight is a sweeping classic action adventure game with awesome game play, memorable characters and an 8-bit retro aesthetic. It’s a hot mashup of new and old. You play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest. Shovel Knight has come to this land with two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and quest for his lost beloved. He wields a ShovelBlade: a multipurpose weapon whose techniques have now been lost to the ages. Always honest and helpful, Shovel Knight is a shining example of the code of “Shovelry”: Slash Mercilessly and Dig Tirelessly! The Wii U version of the game features off-TV play and Miiverse integration, while the Nintendo 3DS version uses StreetPass for a unique versus mode sure to be a hit with fans.
1001 Spikes (Nicalis) – target release: Q1
- Discover the lost treasures of Ukampa in South America as Aban Hawkins goes to look for his estranged father, world-famous archaeologist Jim Hawkins, who mysteriously disappeared while exploring the ruins. Aban Hawkins races into the frozen tundra of the Antarctic, undiscovered temple ruins and the vast caverns of South America in search of his father and the legendary treasure rumored to lie behind the Golden Door of Poko-Mum. In this classic 8-bit style platformer, Aban has 1,001 lives to complete the 100+ levels filled with devious traps and dangers that will test the limits of his skills, reflexes and patience. The Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the game will both feature one- to four-player simultaneous game play, cooperative multiplayer and unlockable characters.
Below is just a taste of some additional current and upcoming Nintendo eShop games from independent developers. More games are added every week. Note that game titles and launch timing are subject to change.
|Nintendo eShop for Wii U|
|Ittle Dew||Ludosity AB||February/March|
|Ballpoint Universe||Arachnid Games||March 18|
|Armillo||Fuzzy Wuzzy Games||March 24|
|Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails||Dakko Dakko Ltd.||March|
|Squids Odyssey||The Game Bakers||March|
|Monkey Pirates||Henchmen Studio||Q1|
|QUBE Director’s Cut||Toxic Games||April|
|Assault Android Cactus||Witch Beam Games||Q2|
|Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS|
|Jett Rocket 2||Shinen Multimedia||Now|
|EDGE||Two Tribes Publishing||Now|
|Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse||WayForward Technologies||Q1|
Also remember that select indie games in the Wii U Nintendo eShop are on sale now through Feb. 13 through the Super Indie Connection Sale. Fans who own any of the participating games already – or purchase one at full price during the promotion – will qualify to receive 60 percent off all other participating games.
The indie games that are participating in this exciting two-week Nintendo eShop sale include:
- BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien from Gaijin Games Inc.
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams from Black Forest Games
- Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition from WayForward
- Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party from KnapNok Games
- Toki Tori 2+ from Two Tribes Publishing
For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or [email protected]. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Nov. 25, 2015 06:45 PM EST Reads: 110
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true ...
Nov. 25, 2015 04:15 PM EST Reads: 471
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 25, 2015 03:45 PM EST
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 491
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 25, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 500
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 349
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, San...
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 506
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 25, 2015 01:45 PM EST
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 25, 2015 01:30 PM EST Reads: 462
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 362
There are over 120 breakout sessions in all, with Keynotes, General Sessions, and Power Panels adding to three days of incredibly rich presentations and content. Join @ThingsExpo conference chair Roger Strukhoff (@IoT2040), June 7-9, 2016 in New York City, for three days of intense 'Internet of Things' discussion and focus, including Big Data's indespensable role in IoT, Smart Grids and Industrial Internet of Things, Wearables and Consumer IoT, as well as (new) IoT's use in Vertical Markets.
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 515
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 428
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 25, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 115
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Nov. 25, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 266
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 265
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 25, 2015 08:15 AM EST Reads: 348
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 25, 2015 07:45 AM EST Reads: 344
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 25, 2015 07:30 AM EST Reads: 250
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 25, 2015 07:15 AM EST Reads: 165
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 25, 2015 05:45 AM EST Reads: 377