|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2014 01:55 PM EST||
With each week, Nintendo continues to grow the number of fantastic digital titles available on the Nintendo eShop on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Talented independent developers are showcasing their creativity through upcoming releases, representing a variety of styles and genres, and might even be inventing a few new ones along the way. Key upcoming releases include:
Retro City Rampage: DX Screenshot (Photo: Business Wire)
For Nintendo 3DS
Retro City Rampage: DX (VBlank Entertainment Inc.) – release date: Feb. 6
- Jump into the 8-bit open-world. Steal cars and outrun the law while jumping on pedestrians for coins and collecting power-ups. Retro City Rampage: DX fuses modern with retro, in a celebration and send-up of the ’80s and ’90s. It features a full Story Mode of open-world missions, along with Arcade Challenges for quick pick-up-and-play action. If free roaming’s your thing, the interactive city full of shops, mini-games, customizations, collectibles and special guest stars should keep you busy too. This definitive version of the game on Nintendo 3DS includes content not found on other platforms.
Siesta Fiesta (Mojo Bones) – target release: March
- Mojo Bones is proud to present Siesta Fiesta: a colorful blend of block-breaker, pinball and side-scroller. Join the snoozing Siesta – and the fun-loving Fiestas – on this one-of-a-kind adventure across Fiestaville’s eight fun-filled regions, each with its own wacky contraptions and power-ups to interact with. Bounce, boost and rebound your way through frantic time trials, exciting Piñata bosses, a multitude of game mechanics and the madness that is Fiesta mode. Siesta Fiesta lands on the Nintendo 3DS eShop this March.
Moon Chronicles (Renegade Kid LLC.) – target release: March
- Experience Renegade Kid’s award-winning first-person shooter remastered in glorious 3D. Rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of Nintendo 3DS, Moon Chronicles delivers an atmospheric first-person sci-fi adventure with enhanced graphics and intuitive touch-screen controls for a truly immersive experience. Join Major Kane on a mysterious mission to Earth’s moon to investigate a unique hatch of unknown origin. Moon Chronicles is the first Nintendo 3DS title to be launched with episodic content. With each new episode, players are brought one step closer to understanding the secrets that lie beneath the surface of the moon.
Treasurenauts (Renegade Kid LLC.) – target release: May
- The famous Treasurenauts have been marooned on a perilous, uncharted island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean – courtesy of Bad Pirate Pete. His terms for escape are simple: Collect $1 million worth of treasure before he returns to the island, and offer it as payment for passage back to the mainland. Littered with fiendish foes, creepy crawlies and treacherous traps, exploring the many mysterious labyrinths found on the island is a challenge that only the most skilled and fearless Treasurenauts can handle. Even having the choice of equipping a sword, a gun or bombs will only help so much. Enjoy playing Treasurenauts as a single-player adventure or team up with a friend for a cooperative multiplayer expedition via Download Play. Many secrets are to be found on this rambunctious romp, bestowing you with bounties of treasure, extraordinary new abilities and much more.
For Wii U
Wooden Sen’SeY (Publisher: Neko Entertainment; developer: Upper Byte Studio) – target release: February
- Wooden Sen’SeY is an action-platformer set in a unique “Japan Steam Rock” universe with tons of humor, varied game play and attitude to spare. You follow Goro, a village chief, as he seeks revenge through a variety of levels. He will defeat his enemies using his axes to slice, dice, squash and grapple. The game features nine original environments, each with its own original music and unique game mechanics. As one of the first Wii U digital titles to be developed with the Unity engine, this game features off-TV game play and integrated motion controls using the Wii U GamePad and Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers.
For Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games) – release date: March 31
- Shovel Knight is a sweeping classic action adventure game with awesome game play, memorable characters and an 8-bit retro aesthetic. It’s a hot mashup of new and old. You play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest. Shovel Knight has come to this land with two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and quest for his lost beloved. He wields a ShovelBlade: a multipurpose weapon whose techniques have now been lost to the ages. Always honest and helpful, Shovel Knight is a shining example of the code of “Shovelry”: Slash Mercilessly and Dig Tirelessly! The Wii U version of the game features off-TV play and Miiverse integration, while the Nintendo 3DS version uses StreetPass for a unique versus mode sure to be a hit with fans.
1001 Spikes (Nicalis) – target release: Q1
- Discover the lost treasures of Ukampa in South America as Aban Hawkins goes to look for his estranged father, world-famous archaeologist Jim Hawkins, who mysteriously disappeared while exploring the ruins. Aban Hawkins races into the frozen tundra of the Antarctic, undiscovered temple ruins and the vast caverns of South America in search of his father and the legendary treasure rumored to lie behind the Golden Door of Poko-Mum. In this classic 8-bit style platformer, Aban has 1,001 lives to complete the 100+ levels filled with devious traps and dangers that will test the limits of his skills, reflexes and patience. The Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the game will both feature one- to four-player simultaneous game play, cooperative multiplayer and unlockable characters.
Below is just a taste of some additional current and upcoming Nintendo eShop games from independent developers. More games are added every week. Note that game titles and launch timing are subject to change.
|Nintendo eShop for Wii U|
|Ittle Dew||Ludosity AB||February/March|
|Ballpoint Universe||Arachnid Games||March 18|
|Armillo||Fuzzy Wuzzy Games||March 24|
|Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails||Dakko Dakko Ltd.||March|
|Squids Odyssey||The Game Bakers||March|
|Monkey Pirates||Henchmen Studio||Q1|
|QUBE Director’s Cut||Toxic Games||April|
|Assault Android Cactus||Witch Beam Games||Q2|
|Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS|
|Jett Rocket 2||Shinen Multimedia||Now|
|EDGE||Two Tribes Publishing||Now|
|Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse||WayForward Technologies||Q1|
Also remember that select indie games in the Wii U Nintendo eShop are on sale now through Feb. 13 through the Super Indie Connection Sale. Fans who own any of the participating games already – or purchase one at full price during the promotion – will qualify to receive 60 percent off all other participating games.
The indie games that are participating in this exciting two-week Nintendo eShop sale include:
- BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien from Gaijin Games Inc.
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams from Black Forest Games
- Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition from WayForward
- Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party from KnapNok Games
- Toki Tori 2+ from Two Tribes Publishing
For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or [email protected]. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,659
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,917
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, discussed how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved efficienc...
Jul. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,939
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,494
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,931
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, gave users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion with b...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,914
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,965
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,881
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,794
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-ti...
Jul. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,004
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., and Logan Best, Infrastructure & Network Engineer at Webair, focused on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He gave an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He also outlined what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix ...
Jul. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,746
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yoseph Reuveni, Director of Software Engineering at Jet.com, will discuss Jet.com's journey into containerizing Microsoft-based technologies like C# and F# into Docker. He will talk about lessons learned and challenges faced, the Mono framework tryout and how they deployed everything into Azure cloud. Yoseph Reuveni is a technology leader with unique experience developing and running high throughput (over 1M tps) distributed systems with extre...
Jul. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,087
"Operations is sort of the maturation of cloud utilization and the move to the cloud," explained Steve Anderson, Product Manager for BMC’s Cloud Lifecycle Management, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,880
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 25, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,750
UpGuard has become a member of the Center for Internet Security (CIS), and will continue to help businesses expand visibility into their cyber risk by providing hardening benchmarks to all customers. By incorporating these benchmarks, UpGuard's CSTAR solution builds on its lead in providing the most complete assessment of both internal and external cyber risk. CIS benchmarks are a widely accepted set of hardening guidelines that have been publicly available for years. Numerous solutions exist t...
Jul. 25, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 451
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 25, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,077
"Software-defined storage is a big problem in this industry because so many people have different definitions as they see fit to use it," stated Peter McCallum, VP of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,429
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 25, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,431
Actian Corporation has announced the latest version of the Actian Vector in Hadoop (VectorH) database, generally available at the end of July. VectorH is based on the same query engine that powers Actian Vector, which recently doubled the TPC-H benchmark record for non-clustered systems at the 3000GB scale factor (see tpc.org/3323). The ability to easily ingest information from different data sources and rapidly develop queries to make better business decisions is becoming increasingly importan...
Jul. 25, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 776
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Jul. 25, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,008