|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2014 01:55 PM EST||
With each week, Nintendo continues to grow the number of fantastic digital titles available on the Nintendo eShop on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Talented independent developers are showcasing their creativity through upcoming releases, representing a variety of styles and genres, and might even be inventing a few new ones along the way. Key upcoming releases include:
Retro City Rampage: DX Screenshot (Photo: Business Wire)
For Nintendo 3DS
Retro City Rampage: DX (VBlank Entertainment Inc.) – release date: Feb. 6
- Jump into the 8-bit open-world. Steal cars and outrun the law while jumping on pedestrians for coins and collecting power-ups. Retro City Rampage: DX fuses modern with retro, in a celebration and send-up of the ’80s and ’90s. It features a full Story Mode of open-world missions, along with Arcade Challenges for quick pick-up-and-play action. If free roaming’s your thing, the interactive city full of shops, mini-games, customizations, collectibles and special guest stars should keep you busy too. This definitive version of the game on Nintendo 3DS includes content not found on other platforms.
Siesta Fiesta (Mojo Bones) – target release: March
- Mojo Bones is proud to present Siesta Fiesta: a colorful blend of block-breaker, pinball and side-scroller. Join the snoozing Siesta – and the fun-loving Fiestas – on this one-of-a-kind adventure across Fiestaville’s eight fun-filled regions, each with its own wacky contraptions and power-ups to interact with. Bounce, boost and rebound your way through frantic time trials, exciting Piñata bosses, a multitude of game mechanics and the madness that is Fiesta mode. Siesta Fiesta lands on the Nintendo 3DS eShop this March.
Moon Chronicles (Renegade Kid LLC.) – target release: March
- Experience Renegade Kid’s award-winning first-person shooter remastered in glorious 3D. Rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of Nintendo 3DS, Moon Chronicles delivers an atmospheric first-person sci-fi adventure with enhanced graphics and intuitive touch-screen controls for a truly immersive experience. Join Major Kane on a mysterious mission to Earth’s moon to investigate a unique hatch of unknown origin. Moon Chronicles is the first Nintendo 3DS title to be launched with episodic content. With each new episode, players are brought one step closer to understanding the secrets that lie beneath the surface of the moon.
Treasurenauts (Renegade Kid LLC.) – target release: May
- The famous Treasurenauts have been marooned on a perilous, uncharted island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean – courtesy of Bad Pirate Pete. His terms for escape are simple: Collect $1 million worth of treasure before he returns to the island, and offer it as payment for passage back to the mainland. Littered with fiendish foes, creepy crawlies and treacherous traps, exploring the many mysterious labyrinths found on the island is a challenge that only the most skilled and fearless Treasurenauts can handle. Even having the choice of equipping a sword, a gun or bombs will only help so much. Enjoy playing Treasurenauts as a single-player adventure or team up with a friend for a cooperative multiplayer expedition via Download Play. Many secrets are to be found on this rambunctious romp, bestowing you with bounties of treasure, extraordinary new abilities and much more.
For Wii U
Wooden Sen’SeY (Publisher: Neko Entertainment; developer: Upper Byte Studio) – target release: February
- Wooden Sen’SeY is an action-platformer set in a unique “Japan Steam Rock” universe with tons of humor, varied game play and attitude to spare. You follow Goro, a village chief, as he seeks revenge through a variety of levels. He will defeat his enemies using his axes to slice, dice, squash and grapple. The game features nine original environments, each with its own original music and unique game mechanics. As one of the first Wii U digital titles to be developed with the Unity engine, this game features off-TV game play and integrated motion controls using the Wii U GamePad and Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers.
For Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games) – release date: March 31
- Shovel Knight is a sweeping classic action adventure game with awesome game play, memorable characters and an 8-bit retro aesthetic. It’s a hot mashup of new and old. You play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest. Shovel Knight has come to this land with two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and quest for his lost beloved. He wields a ShovelBlade: a multipurpose weapon whose techniques have now been lost to the ages. Always honest and helpful, Shovel Knight is a shining example of the code of “Shovelry”: Slash Mercilessly and Dig Tirelessly! The Wii U version of the game features off-TV play and Miiverse integration, while the Nintendo 3DS version uses StreetPass for a unique versus mode sure to be a hit with fans.
1001 Spikes (Nicalis) – target release: Q1
- Discover the lost treasures of Ukampa in South America as Aban Hawkins goes to look for his estranged father, world-famous archaeologist Jim Hawkins, who mysteriously disappeared while exploring the ruins. Aban Hawkins races into the frozen tundra of the Antarctic, undiscovered temple ruins and the vast caverns of South America in search of his father and the legendary treasure rumored to lie behind the Golden Door of Poko-Mum. In this classic 8-bit style platformer, Aban has 1,001 lives to complete the 100+ levels filled with devious traps and dangers that will test the limits of his skills, reflexes and patience. The Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the game will both feature one- to four-player simultaneous game play, cooperative multiplayer and unlockable characters.
Below is just a taste of some additional current and upcoming Nintendo eShop games from independent developers. More games are added every week. Note that game titles and launch timing are subject to change.
|Nintendo eShop for Wii U|
|Ittle Dew||Ludosity AB||February/March|
|Ballpoint Universe||Arachnid Games||March 18|
|Armillo||Fuzzy Wuzzy Games||March 24|
|Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails||Dakko Dakko Ltd.||March|
|Squids Odyssey||The Game Bakers||March|
|Monkey Pirates||Henchmen Studio||Q1|
|QUBE Director’s Cut||Toxic Games||April|
|Assault Android Cactus||Witch Beam Games||Q2|
|Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS|
|Jett Rocket 2||Shinen Multimedia||Now|
|EDGE||Two Tribes Publishing||Now|
|Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse||WayForward Technologies||Q1|
Also remember that select indie games in the Wii U Nintendo eShop are on sale now through Feb. 13 through the Super Indie Connection Sale. Fans who own any of the participating games already – or purchase one at full price during the promotion – will qualify to receive 60 percent off all other participating games.
The indie games that are participating in this exciting two-week Nintendo eShop sale include:
- BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien from Gaijin Games Inc.
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams from Black Forest Games
- Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition from WayForward
- Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party from KnapNok Games
- Toki Tori 2+ from Two Tribes Publishing
For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or [email protected]. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,378
SYS-CON Events announced today that Impiger Technologies will exhibit in Booth #109 at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Impiger Technologies is a world-class, enterprise software product engineering company specializing in Mobile Application Development, Cloud Applications, Microsoft Technology Solutions, Web Technology and Telecom Services. Impiger Technologies helps enterprises improve busi...
Oct. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 423
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,249
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cemware will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Use MATLAB functions by just visiting website mathfreeon.com. MATLAB compatible, freely usable, online platform services. As of October 2016, 80,000 users from 180 countries are enjoying our platform service.
Oct. 28, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,016
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 28, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,020
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,950
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,696
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,219
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,716
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 28, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,177
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 749
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 8,655
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 786
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Oct. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,725
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,418
[session] Empowering Enterprise Security with the IoT By @SecureChannels | @ThingsExpo #IoT #IIoT #M2M #API
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:52 PM EDT Reads: 248
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that cl...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 758
Intelligent machines are here. Robots, self-driving cars, drones, bots and many IoT devices are becoming smarter with Machine Learning. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sudha Jamthe, CEO of IoTDisruptions.com, will discuss the next wave of business disruption at the junction of IoT and AI, impacting many industries and set to change our lives, work and world as we know it.
Oct. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 646
[session] Bert Loomis and AI in the Cloud By @IBMCloud | @CloudExpo #AI #Cloud #DigitalTransformation
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, will discuss the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They will also review two "free infrastruct...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 323
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,306