|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2014 01:55 PM EST||
With each week, Nintendo continues to grow the number of fantastic digital titles available on the Nintendo eShop on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Talented independent developers are showcasing their creativity through upcoming releases, representing a variety of styles and genres, and might even be inventing a few new ones along the way. Key upcoming releases include:
Retro City Rampage: DX Screenshot (Photo: Business Wire)
For Nintendo 3DS
Retro City Rampage: DX (VBlank Entertainment Inc.) – release date: Feb. 6
- Jump into the 8-bit open-world. Steal cars and outrun the law while jumping on pedestrians for coins and collecting power-ups. Retro City Rampage: DX fuses modern with retro, in a celebration and send-up of the ’80s and ’90s. It features a full Story Mode of open-world missions, along with Arcade Challenges for quick pick-up-and-play action. If free roaming’s your thing, the interactive city full of shops, mini-games, customizations, collectibles and special guest stars should keep you busy too. This definitive version of the game on Nintendo 3DS includes content not found on other platforms.
Siesta Fiesta (Mojo Bones) – target release: March
- Mojo Bones is proud to present Siesta Fiesta: a colorful blend of block-breaker, pinball and side-scroller. Join the snoozing Siesta – and the fun-loving Fiestas – on this one-of-a-kind adventure across Fiestaville’s eight fun-filled regions, each with its own wacky contraptions and power-ups to interact with. Bounce, boost and rebound your way through frantic time trials, exciting Piñata bosses, a multitude of game mechanics and the madness that is Fiesta mode. Siesta Fiesta lands on the Nintendo 3DS eShop this March.
Moon Chronicles (Renegade Kid LLC.) – target release: March
- Experience Renegade Kid’s award-winning first-person shooter remastered in glorious 3D. Rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of Nintendo 3DS, Moon Chronicles delivers an atmospheric first-person sci-fi adventure with enhanced graphics and intuitive touch-screen controls for a truly immersive experience. Join Major Kane on a mysterious mission to Earth’s moon to investigate a unique hatch of unknown origin. Moon Chronicles is the first Nintendo 3DS title to be launched with episodic content. With each new episode, players are brought one step closer to understanding the secrets that lie beneath the surface of the moon.
Treasurenauts (Renegade Kid LLC.) – target release: May
- The famous Treasurenauts have been marooned on a perilous, uncharted island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean – courtesy of Bad Pirate Pete. His terms for escape are simple: Collect $1 million worth of treasure before he returns to the island, and offer it as payment for passage back to the mainland. Littered with fiendish foes, creepy crawlies and treacherous traps, exploring the many mysterious labyrinths found on the island is a challenge that only the most skilled and fearless Treasurenauts can handle. Even having the choice of equipping a sword, a gun or bombs will only help so much. Enjoy playing Treasurenauts as a single-player adventure or team up with a friend for a cooperative multiplayer expedition via Download Play. Many secrets are to be found on this rambunctious romp, bestowing you with bounties of treasure, extraordinary new abilities and much more.
For Wii U
Wooden Sen’SeY (Publisher: Neko Entertainment; developer: Upper Byte Studio) – target release: February
- Wooden Sen’SeY is an action-platformer set in a unique “Japan Steam Rock” universe with tons of humor, varied game play and attitude to spare. You follow Goro, a village chief, as he seeks revenge through a variety of levels. He will defeat his enemies using his axes to slice, dice, squash and grapple. The game features nine original environments, each with its own original music and unique game mechanics. As one of the first Wii U digital titles to be developed with the Unity engine, this game features off-TV game play and integrated motion controls using the Wii U GamePad and Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers.
For Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games) – release date: March 31
- Shovel Knight is a sweeping classic action adventure game with awesome game play, memorable characters and an 8-bit retro aesthetic. It’s a hot mashup of new and old. You play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest. Shovel Knight has come to this land with two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and quest for his lost beloved. He wields a ShovelBlade: a multipurpose weapon whose techniques have now been lost to the ages. Always honest and helpful, Shovel Knight is a shining example of the code of “Shovelry”: Slash Mercilessly and Dig Tirelessly! The Wii U version of the game features off-TV play and Miiverse integration, while the Nintendo 3DS version uses StreetPass for a unique versus mode sure to be a hit with fans.
1001 Spikes (Nicalis) – target release: Q1
- Discover the lost treasures of Ukampa in South America as Aban Hawkins goes to look for his estranged father, world-famous archaeologist Jim Hawkins, who mysteriously disappeared while exploring the ruins. Aban Hawkins races into the frozen tundra of the Antarctic, undiscovered temple ruins and the vast caverns of South America in search of his father and the legendary treasure rumored to lie behind the Golden Door of Poko-Mum. In this classic 8-bit style platformer, Aban has 1,001 lives to complete the 100+ levels filled with devious traps and dangers that will test the limits of his skills, reflexes and patience. The Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the game will both feature one- to four-player simultaneous game play, cooperative multiplayer and unlockable characters.
Below is just a taste of some additional current and upcoming Nintendo eShop games from independent developers. More games are added every week. Note that game titles and launch timing are subject to change.
|Nintendo eShop for Wii U|
|Ittle Dew||Ludosity AB||February/March|
|Ballpoint Universe||Arachnid Games||March 18|
|Armillo||Fuzzy Wuzzy Games||March 24|
|Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails||Dakko Dakko Ltd.||March|
|Squids Odyssey||The Game Bakers||March|
|Monkey Pirates||Henchmen Studio||Q1|
|QUBE Director’s Cut||Toxic Games||April|
|Assault Android Cactus||Witch Beam Games||Q2|
|Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS|
|Jett Rocket 2||Shinen Multimedia||Now|
|EDGE||Two Tribes Publishing||Now|
|Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse||WayForward Technologies||Q1|
Also remember that select indie games in the Wii U Nintendo eShop are on sale now through Feb. 13 through the Super Indie Connection Sale. Fans who own any of the participating games already – or purchase one at full price during the promotion – will qualify to receive 60 percent off all other participating games.
The indie games that are participating in this exciting two-week Nintendo eShop sale include:
- BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien from Gaijin Games Inc.
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams from Black Forest Games
- Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition from WayForward
- Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party from KnapNok Games
- Toki Tori 2+ from Two Tribes Publishing
For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or [email protected]. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
May. 6, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,404
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He will give an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He will also outline what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix managed service platforms and what specifically c...
May. 6, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,430
As enterprises around the world struggle with their digital transformation efforts, many are finding that innovative digital teams are moving much faster than their hidebound IT organizations. Rather than struggling to convince traditional IT to get with the digital program, executives are taking advice from IT research firm Gartner, and encouraging existing IT to continue in their desultory ways. However, many CIOs are realizing the dangers of following Gartner’s advice. The central challenge ...
May. 6, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 349
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, will show how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningfu...
May. 6, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,260
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 6, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 866
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, will discuss how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He will discuss how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors...
May. 6, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 358
Cloud Object Storage is effectively infinitely scalable and boasts the lowest total costs. But cloud SLAs and T&Cs are traditionally optimized for huge customers like Netflix, so applications demanding better confidentiality or higher availability typically can’t reap the benefits of public cloud storage. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Don Martin, CTO of Security First Corp, will provide an overview of innovative technologies available today – secret sharing and information dispersal algori...
May. 6, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 364
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT's direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
May. 6, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 302
Cloud-based NCLC (No-code/low code) application builder platforms empower everyone in the organization to quickly build applications and executable processes that broaden access, deepen collaboration, and enhance transparency for all team members. Line of business owners (LOBO) and operations managers know best their part of the business and their processes. IT departments are beginning to leverage NCLC platforms to empower and enable LOBOs to lead the innovation, transform the organization, an...
May. 6, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 345
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 6, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,379
In the world of DevOps there are ‘known good practices’ – aka ‘patterns’ – and ‘known bad practices’ – aka ‘anti-patterns.' Many of these patterns and anti-patterns have been developed from real world experience, especially by the early adopters of DevOps theory; but many are more feasible in theory than in practice, especially for more recent entrants to the DevOps scene. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists will dis...
May. 6, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,192
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
May. 6, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,226
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,602
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,538
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,329
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 6, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,455
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 6, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 697
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 6, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,104
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 6, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,546
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, will shares the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
May. 6, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,341