|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2014 06:32 AM EST||
ISELIN, New Jersey, January 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Successfully completes internal re-organization resulting in vertical-based business units
iGATE Corporation (iGATE or the Company) (NASDAQ: IGTE), the first integrated Technology and Operations (iTOPS) company providing "Business Outcomes" based solutions, today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2013.
Fourth Quarter Highlights
- Revenues were $299.3 million
- Increased 10.2% compared with $271.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2012
- Increased 2.0% sequentially compared with $293.4 million in the third quarter of 2013
- Net Income attributable to iGATE Corporation was $33.1 million
- Compared with $30.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2012
- Compared with $31.9 million in the third quarter of 2013
- Gross margin was 39.8%
- Compared with 40.6% in the fourth quarter of 2012
- Compared with 41.4% in the third quarter of 2013
- Diluted earnings per share were $0.30 GAAP and $0.49 non-GAAP
- Compared with $0.30 GAAP and $0.45 non-GAAP in the fourth quarter of 2012
- Compared with $0.30 GAAP and $0.46 non-GAAP in the third quarter of 2013
- Adjusted EBITDA was $74.7 million
- Compared with $71.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2012
- Compared with $78.4 million in the third quarter of 2013
- The Company added nine new customers during the fourth quarter, including five Fortune 1000 companies
- As of December 31, 2013, the Company had 29,733 employees with a net addition of 1,450.
Full Year Highlights for the year ended December 31, 2013
- Revenues for the year were $1,150.9 million
- Compared with $1,073.9 million for the year ended December 31, 2012
- Net Income attributable to iGATE Corporation was $129.8 million
- Compared with $95.8 million for the year ended December 31, 2012
- Gross margin was 39.3%
- Compared with 39.5% for the year ended December 31, 2012
- Diluted earnings per share were $1.21 GAAP and $ 1.88 non-GAAP
- Compared with $0.85 GAAP and $1.56 non-GAAP for the year ended December 31, 2012
- Adjusted EBITDA was $284.8 million
- Compared with $271.4 million for the year ended December 31, 2012
Ashok Vemuri, President and Chief Executive Officer, iGATE, said, "I am happy with the Company’s performance in 2013 and particularly pleased with the nature of large deals signed during the year. We have successfully finished regrouping the organization into vertical-based business units that bring in more industry knowledge and solutions, move us closer to the customer, and increase the depth and accountability to the business. I am confident that we are poised for a faster pace of growth in 2014."
Sujit Sircar, Chief Financial Officer, iGATE, said, “I am pleased with our growth in net income in 2013 while we continue to deliver strong earnings per share. In order to better position us to create more shareholder value, we entered into a credit agreement during the fourth quarter and expect this to lower our debt servicing cost and therefore better our earnings and profitability from 2014.”
Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Operating Results
Results of the fourth quarter and full fiscal year for 2013 and 2012, on GAAP and non-GAAP basis, are provided in the table below.
Q4 FY13 Q4 FY12 Y/Y FY13 FY12 Y/Y Net revenue ($Millions) 299.3 271.6 10.2% 1,150.9 1,073.9 7.2% Operating margin ($Millions) 59.0 56.4 4.6% 227.2 206.3 10.1% GAAP net income ($Millions) 33.1 30.8 7.5% 129.8 95.8 35.5% GAAP diluted EPS ($) 0.30 0.30 - 1.21 0.85 42.4% Adjusted EBITDA ($Millions) 74.7 71.2 4.9% 284.8 271.4 4.9% Non-GAAP net income ($Millions) 39.7 35.0 13.4% 150.3 121.0 24.2% Non-GAAP diluted EPS ($) 0.49 0.45 8.9% 1.88 1.56 20.5%
Key contracts won during the Fourth Quarter
- A large North American corporation in the business of international luxury and hotel management signed up with iGATE to streamline its back office operations and reduce the SG&A. As part of the multi-million, multi-year engagement, iGATE will centralize back office operations of the client’s payroll processing across its properties in North America and deliver services on a transaction pricing model. This is expected to provide enhanced financial transparency and flexibility to the client. The back-office centralization is also expected to create significant business benefits due to standardization and process efficiency improvements.
- One of the world’s largest and North America based independent financial broking company has selected iGATE to increase efficiency and improve the quality of its internal systems and IT applications. As part of the engagement, iGATE will establish and manage the Testing Center of Excellence for the client. Apart from this, iGATE is also expected to assist the CIO’s office on its goals of improving throughput, efficiency & availability through process improvements across all software development lifecycles. The deal was won amidst stiff competition and strong incumbents.
- A leading consumer electronics and audio equipment retailer in North America signed up with iGATE to transform its point of sale experience with customers. As part of this initiative, iGATE will implement and maintain a “Single Window Clearance” support model for the client’s existing point of sale application and provide help-desk support on a Service Level Agreement basis. This engagement is expected to make ticket resolution quicker as well as decrease the cost of running a retail store while improving the customer’s in-store experience.
- A large North America based multinational corporation providing Information Technology and hardware solutions selected iGATE as a strategic partner to develop a product that caters to storage needs across midrange, enterprise, and performance optimized arrays. iGATE, through its expertise in managing user experience, will work on a product that enhances the end customer experience with next generation storage management capabilities.
- A leading United States healthcare company providing a range of insurance products and related services selected iGATE to provide claims administrative services. As part of the multi-million, multi-year engagement, iGATE, through its subsidiary CHCS Services Inc., will provide claims adjudication services to the healthcare company for their HMO Medicare Advantage line of business. These services will be delivered out of iGATE’s Pensacola facility.
Awards and Recognitions during the Fourth Quarter
- iGATE was conferred with the Gold Level Award in the Healthy Workplace 2013 assessment. Arogya World – the global health non-profit organization, conducted the first edition of this assessment in India as part of the Clinton Global Initiative Commitment to Action leveraging workplaces as platforms for wellness advancement and chronic disease prevention.
- iGATE was awarded the ISO 20000 certification for its IT Networks and Information Support functions. This certification measures the effectiveness of the services offered by these business enabling groups and the organization itself comparing them with industry benchmarks.
Conference Call and Webcast
The Company has scheduled its Earnings Conference Call on Thursday, January 16, 2014 to discuss the results of its fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2013. Senior management of the Company will discuss the Company's financial performance for the quarter and answer participants' questions during the call.
Time : 07.30-8.30 am Eastern Time Toll Free (U.S.) : 877-407-8037 Toll (U.S.) : 201-689-8037 Toll Free (India) : 000 800 852 1477
The call will be webcast live on iGATE’s website (http://www.igate.com) in the Investor Relations page under the section Events. Participants are requested to log in 10 minutes prior to the start of the webcast. The on-demand version of the webcast will be available on the iGATE website shortly after the call.
Investors, potential investors, shareholders and bond holders can access the telephonic replay by dialing 877-660-6853 (toll free) or 201-612-7415 (toll) and entering conference number 13574224. The telephonic replay will be available until January 21, 2014.
iGATE Corporation is the first integrated technology and operations (iTOPS) company providing full-spectrum consulting, technology and business process outsourcing, and product and engineering solutions on a Business Outcomes-based model. Armed with over three decades of IT Services experience and powered by the iTOPS platform, iGATE’s multi-location global organization has a talent pool of more than 29,500 employees and consistently delivers effective solutions to over 300 companies including Fortune 1000 clients spanning verticals such as: banking and financial services; insurance; healthcare and life sciences; manufacturing; retail and CPG; media and entertainment; energy and utilities; and independent software vendors. Please visit http://www.igate.com for more information.
iGATE Corporation is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol "IGTE."
Use of non-GAAP Financial Measures
This press release contains non-GAAP financial measures as defined by the Securities and Exchange Commission. These non-GAAP measures are not in accordance with, or an alternative for measures prepared in accordance with, generally accepted accounting principles in the United States (“GAAP”) and may be different from non-GAAP measures used by other companies. In addition, these non-GAAP measures are not based on any comprehensive set of accounting rules or principles. Reconciliations of these non-GAAP measures to their comparable GAAP measures are included in the attached financial tables.
iGATE believes that non-GAAP measures have limitations in that they do not reflect all of the amounts associated with iGATE's results of operations as determined in accordance with GAAP and that these measures should only be used to evaluate iGATE's results of operations in conjunction with the corresponding GAAP measures. These non-GAAP measures should be considered supplemental in nature and should not be considered in isolation or be construed as being more important than comparable GAAP measures.
iGATE believes that providing Adjusted EBITDA and non-GAAP net income and non-GAAP diluted earnings per share in addition to the related GAAP measures provides investors with greater transparency to the information used by iGATE's management in its financial and operational decision-making. These non-GAAP measures are also used by management in connection with iGATE’s performance compensation programs.
More specifically, the non-GAAP financial measures contained herein exclude the following items:
- Amortization of intangible assets: Intangible assets are comprised of the value of customer relationships from the recent acquisition of iGATE Computer Systems Limited (formerly known as Patni Computer Systems Limited and referred to herein as "iGATE Computer") and the previous delisting of iGATE Computer. iGATE incurs charges relating to the amortization of these intangibles. These charges are included in iGATE's GAAP presentation of earnings from operations, operating margin, net income and diluted earnings per share. iGATE excludes these charges for purposes of calculating these non-GAAP measures.
- Stock-based compensation: Although stock-based compensation is an important component of the compensation of iGATE’s employees and executives, determining the fair value of the stock-based instruments involves a high degree of judgment and estimation and the expense recorded may not reflect the actual value realized upon the future exercise or termination of the related stock-based awards. Furthermore, unlike cash compensation, the value of stock-based compensation is determined using a complex formula that incorporates factors, such as market volatility, that are beyond the Company's control. Management believes it is useful to exclude stock-based compensation in order to better understand the long-term performance of iGATE's core business.
- Foreign exchange (gain)/loss: In March 2012, the Company entered into a forward foreign exchange contract to mitigate the risk of changes in foreign exchange rates on payments related to the delisting of iGATE Computer. During the years of 2013 and 2012, the Company recognized foreign currency loss on re-measurement of escrow account balance and foreign exchange gain on re-measurement of redeemable non-controlling interest liability. iGATE believes that eliminating the non-capitalized items for purposes of calculating these non-GAAP measures facilitates a more meaningful evaluation of iGATE’s current performance and comparisons to its past performance.
- Delisting expenses: iGATE voluntarily delisted the equity shares of its majority owned subsidiary, iGATE Computer, from the National Stock Exchange of India Limited and the Bombay Stock Exchange Limited and the American Depository Shares from the New York Stock Exchange. Delisting is an infrequent activity and expenses incurred in connection with the delisting are inconsistent in amount and are significantly impacted by the timing and nature of the delisting. iGATE believes that eliminating these expenses for purposes of calculating these non-GAAP measures facilitates a more meaningful evaluation of iGATE's current operating performance and comparisons to its past operating performance.
- Merger and reorganization expenses: iGATE is merging and reorganizing its overseas subsidiaries and branches with a view to simplifying the corporate structure and has incurred legal and professional expenses in this connection. Merger and reorganization is an infrequent activity and expenses incurred in connection therein are inconsistent in amount and significantly impacted by the timing and nature of the reorganization. iGATE believes that eliminating these expenses for purposes of calculating these non-GAAP measures facilitates a more meaningful evaluation of iGATE's current operating performance and comparisons to its past operating performance.
- Preferred dividend and accretion to preferred stock: The Company has issued 8.00% Series B Preferred Stock. The Company also incurred issuance costs which have been netted against the proceeds received from the issuance of Series B Preferred Stock. The Series B Preferred Stock is being accreted over a period of six years. Although, the effect of inclusion of equivalent units of common stock towards convertible participating preferred stock is anti-dilutive for GAAP purposes, the non-GAAP diluted earnings per share has been calculated assuming the conversion of all outstanding shares of preferred stock into equivalent units of common stock. The Company believes that eliminating these expenses as well as inclusion of equivalent units of common stock towards the preference shares to compute diluted earnings per share for purposes of calculating these non-GAAP measures facilitates a more meaningful evaluation of iGATE's current operating performance and comparisons to its past operating performance.
From time to time in the future, there may be other items that iGATE may exclude in presenting its financial results.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If the risks or uncertainties ever materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, the results of the Company may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements regarding the business outlook, the expected performance of the Company’s products and services for its clients, and all other statements in this release other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Words such as “expect”, “potential”, “believes”, “anticipates”, “plans”, “intends” and other similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements in the press release include, without limitation, statements regarding the business outlook, and the expected performance of the Company’s products and services for its clients, and other matters that involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause results, levels of activity, performance or achievements to differ materially from results expressed or implied by this press release. Such risk factors include, among others: uncertain global economic conditions, concentrated revenues, new organizational and operational strategies, continued pricing pressures and the significant indebtedness which will use a significant portion of its cash flows to service such indebtedness, as a result of which the Company might not have sufficient funds to operate its businesses in the manner it intends or has operated in the past. Additional risks relating to the Company are set forth in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2012, as well as the Company’s other reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission including the Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. As in prior periods, the financial information set forth in this release, including tax-related items, reflects estimates based on information available at this time. While the Company believes these estimates to be meaningful, actual results may differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements in this press release. These amounts could also differ materially from actual reported amounts in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013. The Company assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements as circumstances change. This document does not constitute an offer to purchase or to sell securities in any jurisdiction.
iGATE CORPORATION CONDENSED CONSOLIDATED BALANCE SHEETS (Amounts in thousands, except per share data) December 31, December 31, 2013 2012 (unaudited) (audited) ASSETS Current assets: Cash and cash equivalents $ 204,836 $ 95,155 Restricted cash 360,000 3,072 Short-term investments 181,401 510,816 Accounts receivable, net 159,404 162,335 Unbilled revenues 63,971 72,901 Prepaid expenses and other current assets 44,492 31,710 Prepaid income taxes 838 8,541 Deferred tax assets 10,235 14,655 Foreign exchange derivative contracts 836 782 Total current assets 1,026,013 899,967 Deposits and other assets 24,930 25,372 Prepaid income taxes 32,160 28,351 Property and equipment, net 165,581 167,252 Leasehold land 76,732 86,933 Deferred tax assets 15,153 30,635 Goodwill 438,891 493,141 Intangible assets, net 119,262 144,428 Total assets $1,898,722 $1,876,079 LIABILITIES, REDEEMABLE NON-CONTROLLING INTEREST, PREFERRED STOCK AND SHAREHOLDERS' EQUITY Current liabilities: Accounts payable $ 9,268 $ 7,799 Line of credit 52,000 77,000 Senior Notes 360,000 - Term loans 90,000 35,000 Accrued payroll and related costs 57,093 54,802 Other accrued liabilities 79,785 79,008 Accrued income taxes 5,802 9,134 Foreign exchange derivative contracts 909 7,516 Deferred revenue 17,776 17,890 Total current liabilities 672,633 288,149 Other long-term liabilities 3,532 3,265 Senior notes 410,000 770,000 Term loans 270,000 263,500 Accrued income taxes 13,936 17,272 Deferred tax liabilities 41,717 55,494 Total liabilities 1,411,818 1,397,680 Redeemable non-controlling interest - 32,422 Series B Preferred stock , without par value 410,371 378,474 Shareholders' equity: Common shares, par value $0.01 per share 594 585 Common shares held in treasury, at cost (14,714) (14,714) Additional paid-in capital 204,143 185,340 Retained earnings 268,750 170,875 Accumulated other comprehensive loss (387,115) (274,583) Total iGATE Corporation shareholders' equity 71,658 67,503 Non-controlling interest 4,875 - Total equity 76,533 67,503 Total liabilities, redeemable non-controlling interest, preferred stock and shareholders' equity $1,898,722 $1,876,079
iGATE CORPORATION CONDENSED CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF INCOME (Amounts in thousands) Three Months ended Year ended December 31, December 31, 2013 2012 2013 2012 (unaudited) (unaudited) (unaudited) (audited) Revenues $ 299,333 $ 271,582 $ 1,150,925 $ 1,073,930 Cost of revenues (exclusive of depreciation and amortization) 180,159 161,430 698,232 649,810 Gross margin 119,174 110,152 452,693 424,120 Selling, general and administrative expense 51,257 44,123 190,261 171,471 Depreciation and amortization 8,884 9,625 35,189 46,382 Income from operations 59,033 56,404 227,243 206,267 Other income (loss), net (20,010) (18,987) (47,033) (75,359) Income before income taxes 39,023 37,417 180,210 130,908 Income tax expense 5,768 6,592 50,229 30,599 Net income before non controlling interest 33,255 30,825 129,981 100,309 Non controlling interest 112 - 209 4,476 Net income attributable to iGATE Corporation 33,143 30,825 129,772 95,833 Accretion to preferred Stock 133 109 494 404 Preferred dividend 8,157 7,457 31,403 29,047 Net income attributable to iGATE common shareholders $ 24,853 $ 23,259 $ 97,875 $ 66,382
iGATE CORPORATION Earnings Per Share (Amounts in thousands, except per share data) Three Months Ended Year Ended December 31, December 31, 2013 2012 2013 2012 (unaudited) (unaudited) (unaudited) (audited) Net income attributable to iGATE common shareholders $ 24,853 $ 23,259 $ 97,875 $ 66,382 Add: Dividends on Series B Preferred Stock 8,157 7,457 31,403 29,047 33,010 30,716 129,278 95,429 Less: Dividends on Series B Preferred Stock [A] 8,157 7,457 31,403 29,047 Undistributed Income $ 24,853 $ 23,259 $ 97,875 $ 66,382 Allocation of Undistributed Income Common stock [B] 18,435 17,526 72,597 50,020 Unvested restricted stock [C] 7 14 28 39 Series B Preferred Stock [D] 6,411 5,719 25,250 16,323 $ 24,853 $ 23,259 $ 97,875 $ 66,382 Shares outstanding for allocation of undistributed income: Common stock 58,438 57,543 58,438 57,543 Unvested restricted stock 23 45 23 45 Series B Preferred Stock 20,325 18,778 20,325 18,778 78,786 76,366 78,786 76,366 Weighted average shares outstanding: Common stock [E] 58,372 57,499 58,015 57,183 Unvested restricted stock [F] 23 45 23 45 Series B Preferred Stock [G] 20,325 18,778 20,325 18,778 78,720 76,322 78,363 76,006 Weighted average common stock outstanding 58,372 57,499 58,015 57,183 Dilutive effect of stock options and restricted shares outstanding 2,133 1,614 1,815 1,638 Dilutive weighted average shares outstanding [H] 60,505 59,113 59,830 58,821 Distributed earnings per share: Series B Preferred Stock [I=A/G] $0.40 $0.40 $1.55 $1.55 Undistributed earnings per share: Common stock [J=B/E] $0.32 $0.30 $1.25 $0.87 Unvested restricted stock [K=C/F] $0.32 $0.30 $1.25 $0.87 Series B Preferred stock [L=D/G] $0.32 $0.30 $1.25 $0.87 Basic earnings per share from operations : Common stock [J] $0.32 $0.30 $1.25 $0.87 Unvested restricted stock [K] $0.32 $0.30 $1.25 $0.87 Series B Preferred stock [I+L] $0.72 $0.70 $2.80 $2.42 Diluted earnings per share from operations [[B+C]/H] $0.30 $0.30 $1.21 $0.85
The number of shares of outstanding Series B Preferred Stock for which the earnings per share exceeded the earnings per share of common stock aggregated to 20.3 million and 18.8 million for the years ended December 31, 2013 and 2012 respectively. These shares were excluded from the computation of diluted earnings per share as they were anti-dilutive.
iGATE CORPORATION Reconciliation of Selected GAAP Measures to Non-GAAP Measures (Amounts in thousands, except per share data) (unaudited) Three Months ended Year ended December 31, December 31, 2013 2012 2013 2012 GAAP Net income attributable to iGATE common shareholders $ 24,853 $ 23,259 $ 97,875 $ 66,382 Adjustments Preferred dividend and accretion to preferred stock 8,290 7,566 31,897 29,451 Amortization of intangible assets 2,558 2,749 10,538 11,555 Stock based compensation 4,597 3,004 14,840 12,274 Delisting expenses - 1,497 93 5,029 Merger and reorganization expenses 2,139 708 7,403 1,472 Foreign exchange (gain) / loss on acquisition hedging and remeasurement - (1,504) 489 3,755 Forfeiture of vested stock options - - (3,005) - Income tax adjustments (2,768) (2,313) (9,796) (8,908) Non-GAAP Net income attributable to iGATE common shareholders $ 39,669 $ 34,966 $ 150,334 $ 121,010 Weighted average shares outstanding, Basic 58,395 57,544 58,038 57,228 Add back: assumed preferred stock conversion 20,325 18,778 20,325 18,778 Non-GAAP weighted average shares outstanding , Basic 78,720 76,322 78,363 76,006 Weighted average dilutive common shares outstanding 60,505 59,113 59,830 58,821 Add back: assumed preferred stock conversion 20,325 18,778 20,325 18,778 Weighted average dilutive common equivalent shares outstanding 80,830 77,891 80,155 77,599 Basic EPS (GAAP) to Basic EPS (Non-GAAP): Basic EPS (GAAP) from operations $0.32 $0.30 $1.25 $ 0.87 Preferred dividend and accretion to preferred stock 0.11 0.10 0.41 0.39 Amortization of intangible assets 0.03 0.04 0.13 0.15 Stock based compensation 0.05 0.04 0.19 0.16 Delisting expenses - 0.02 0.01 0.07 Merger and reorganization expenses 0.03 0.01 0.09 0.02 Foreign exchange (gain) / loss on acquisition hedging and remeasurement - (0.02) 0.01 0.05 Forfeiture of vested stock options - - (0.04) - Income tax adjustments (0.04) (0.03) (0.13) (0.12) Basic EPS (Non-GAAP) from operations $ 0.50 $ 0.46 $ 1.92 $ 1.59 Diluted EPS (GAAP) to Diluted EPS (Non-GAAP): Diluted EPS (GAAP) from operations $ 0.30 $ 0.30 $1.21 $ 0.85 Preferred dividend and accretion to preferred stock 0.11 0.10 0.41 0.38 Amortization of intangible assets 0.03 0.03 0.13 0.15 Stock based compensation 0.05 0.04 0.19 0.16 Delisting expenses - 0.02 0.00 0.06 Merger and reorganization expenses 0.03 0.01 0.09 0.02 Foreign exchange (gain) / loss on acquisition hedging and remeasurement - (0.02) 0.01 0.05 Forfeiture of vested stock options - - (0.04) - Income tax adjustments (0.03) (0.03) (0.12) (0.11) Diluted EPS (Non-GAAP) from operations $ 0.49 $ 0.45 $ 1.88 $ 1.56
iGATE CORPORATION Reconciliation of Net Income, Net of Tax, to Adjusted EBITDA (Amounts in thousands) (unaudited) Three Months ended Twelve Months ended December 31, December 31, 2013 2012 2013 2012 Net income $ 33,255 $ 30,825 $ 129,981 $ 100,309 Adjustments Depreciation and amortization 8,884 9,625 35,189 46,382 Interest expense 20,554 21,617 87,579 83,766 Income tax expense 5,768 6,592 50,229 30,599 Other income, net (4,735) (4,516) (44,645) (28,491) Foreign exchange (gain) / loss 4,191 1,886 4,099 20,084 Stock based compensation 4,597 3,004 14,840 12,274 Delisting expenses - 1,497 93 5,029 Merger and reorganization expenses 2,139 708 7,403 1,472 Adjusted EBITDA (a non-GAAP measure) $ 74,653 $ 71,238 $ 284,768 $ 271,424
The Company presents the non-GAAP financial measures EBITDA and adjusted EBITDA because management uses these measures to monitor and evaluate the performance of the business and believes that the presentation of these measures will enhance investors’ ability to analyze trends in the business and evaluate the Company's underlying performance relative to other companies in the industry.
Non-GAAP Disclosure of Adjusted EBITDA
iGATE presents Adjusted EBITDA as a supplemental measure of its performance. iGATE defines Adjusted EBITDA as net income plus (i) depreciation and amortization, (ii) interest expense, (iii) income tax expense, minus (iv) other income, net plus (v) foreign exchange loss, (vi) stock based compensation (vii) acquisition expenses (viii) severance expenses, (ix) delisting expenses and (x) merger and reorganization expenses. iGATE eliminated the impact of the above because it does not consider them as indicative of its ongoing operating performance. These adjustments are itemized below. You are encouraged to evaluate these adjustments and the reasons iGATE considers them appropriate for supplemental analysis. In evaluating Adjusted EBITDA, you should be aware that in the future iGATE may incur expenses that are the same as or similar to some of the adjustments in this presentation. iGATE's presentation of Adjusted EBITDA should not be construed as an inference that its future results will be unaffected by unusual or non-recurring items.
iGATE presents Adjusted EBITDA because iGATE believes it assists investors and analysts in comparing iGATE's performance across reporting periods on a consistent basis by excluding items that it does not believe are indicative of iGATE's core operating performance. In addition, iGATE uses Adjusted EBITDA: (i) as a factor in evaluating management’s performance when determining incentive compensation, (ii) to evaluate the effectiveness of its business strategies and (iii) to measure iGATE's compliance with certain covenants of its credit agreement and indenture.
Adjusted EBITDA has limitations as an analytical tool. Some of these limitations are:
- Adjusted EBITDA does not reflect iGATE's cash expenditures or future requirements of cash for capital expenditures or contractual commitments;
- Adjusted EBITDA does not reflect changes in, or cash requirements for, iGATE's working capital needs; and
- Adjusted EBITDA does not reflect the significant interest expense, or the cash requirements necessary to service interest or principal payments, on iGATE's debts; although depreciation and amortization are non-cash charges, the assets being depreciated and amortized will often need to be replaced in the future, and adjusted EBITDA does not reflect any cash requirements for such replacements; non-cash compensation is and will remain a key element of iGATE's overall long-term incentive compensation package, although iGATE excludes it as an expense when evaluating its ongoing operating performance for a particular period; Adjusted EBITDA does not reflect the impact of certain cash charges resulting from matters iGATE considers not to be indicative of its ongoing operations; and other companies in iGATE's industry may calculate adjusted EBITDA differently than iGATE does, limiting its usefulness as a comparative measure.
Because of these limitations, adjusted EBITDA should not be considered in isolation or as a substitute for performance measures calculated in accordance with GAAP. iGATE compensates for these limitations by relying primarily on its GAAP results and using Adjusted EBITDA only supplementally.
Prabhanjan Deshpande “PD”
Regional Media Contacts
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- More on OnLive: New Cloud Solution Delivers Secure Cross-Platform Deployment for Graphics Intensive Applications
- How to Monitor the Web Performance of Your Competition
- Conquering the Top Five Enterprise Data Protection Challenges
- "Cloud Computing 2.0" -- I'm Serious
- Connected Globe News Weekly – Week of June 29, 2014
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- The Agile PMO
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- How to Strategically Benefit from AANPM
- Web Service Monitoring 101: Identifying Bad Deployments
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
14th International Cloud Expo, held on June 10–12, 2014 at the Javits Center in New York City, featured three content-packed days with a rich array of sessions about the business and technical value of cloud computing, Internet of Things, Big Data, and DevOps led by exceptional speakers from every sector of the IT ecosystem. The Cloud Expo series is the fastest-growing Enterprise IT event in the past 10 years, devoted to every aspect of delivering massively scalable enterprise IT as a service.
Aug. 21, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 741
As more applications and services move "to the cloud" (public or on-premise) cloud environments are increasingly adopting and building out traditional enterprise features. This in turn is enabling and encouraging cloud adoption from enterprise users. In many ways the definition is blurring as features like continuous operation, geo-distribution or on-demand capacity become the norm. NuoDB is involved in both building enterprise software and using enterprise cloud capabilities. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO at NuoDB, Inc., will discuss the experiences from building, deploying and using enterprise services and suggest some ways to approach moving enterprise applications into a cloud model.
Aug. 20, 2014 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,080
Until recently, many organizations required specialized departments to perform mapping and geospatial analysis, and they used Esri on-premise solutions for that work. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dave Peters, author of the Esri Press book Building a GIS, System Architecture Design Strategies for Managers, will discuss how Esri has successfully included the cloud as a fully integrated SaaS expansion of the ArcGIS mapping platform. Organizations that have incorporated Esri cloud-based applications and content within their business models are reaping huge benefits by directly leveraging cloud-based mapping and analysis capabilities within their existing enterprise investments. The ArcGIS mapping platform includes cloud-based content management and information resources to more widely, efficiently, and affordably deliver real-time actionable information and analysis capabilities to your organization.
Aug. 20, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,165
In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Hinkle, Senior Director, Open Source Solutions at Citrix Systems Inc., will provide overview of the open source software that can be used to deploy and manage a cloud computing environment. He will include information on storage, networking(e.g., OpenDaylight) and compute virtualization (Xen, KVM, LXC) and the orchestration(Apache CloudStack, OpenStack) of the three to build their own cloud services. Speaker Bio: Mark Hinkle is the Senior Director, Open Source Solutions, at Citrix Systems Inc. He joined Citrix as a result of their July 2011 acquisition of Cloud.com where he was their Vice President of Community. He is currently responsible for Citrix open source efforts around the open source cloud computing platform, Apache CloudStack and the Xen Hypervisor. Previously he was the VP of Community at Zenoss Inc., a producer of the open source application, server, and network management software, where he grew the Zenoss Core project to over 10...
Aug. 17, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,945
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mac Devine, Distinguished Engineer at IBM, will discuss bringing these three elements together via Systems of Discover.
Aug. 17, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,056
Cloud and Big Data present unique dilemmas: embracing the benefits of these new technologies while maintaining the security of your organization’s assets. When an outside party owns, controls and manages your infrastructure and computational resources, how can you be assured that sensitive data remains private and secure? How do you best protect data in mixed use cloud and big data infrastructure sets? Can you still satisfy the full range of reporting, compliance and regulatory requirements? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Derek Tumulak, Vice President of Product Management at Vormetric, will discuss how to address data security in cloud and Big Data environments so that your organization isn’t next week’s data breach headline.
Aug. 16, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,617
The cloud is everywhere and growing, and with it SaaS has become an accepted means for software delivery. SaaS is more than just a technology, it is a thriving business model estimated to be worth around $53 billion dollars by 2015, according to IDC. The question is – how do you build and scale a profitable SaaS business model? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jason Cumberland, Vice President, SaaS Solutions at Dimension Data, will give the audience an understanding of common mistakes businesses make when transitioning to SaaS; how to avoid them; and how to build a profitable and scalable SaaS business.
Aug. 16, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,263
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in software-defined storage (SDS) purpose-built for Windows Servers and Hyper-V, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Gridstore™ is the leader in software-defined storage purpose built for virtualization that is designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Using its patented Server-Side Virtual Controller™ Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender effect and accelerate applications Gridstore delivers vmOptimized™ Storage that self-optimizes to each application or VM across both virtual and physical environments. Leveraging a grid architecture, Gridstore delivers the first end-to-end storage QoS to ensure the most important App or VM performance is never compromised. The storage grid, that uses Gridstore’s performance optimized nodes or capacity optimized nodes, starts with as few a...
Aug. 15, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,519
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia, the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between personal and professional social, mobile and cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dramatically improve productivity, reduce collaboration costs, and increase the overall enterprise value by bringing collaboration and infrastructure solutions to the cloud.
Aug. 15, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,528
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Aug. 13, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,438
Enterprises require the performance, agility and on-demand access of the public cloud, and the management, security and compatibility of the private cloud. The solution? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Simone Brunozzi, VP and Chief Technologist(global role) for VMware, will explore how to unlock the power of the hybrid cloud and the steps to get there. He'll discuss the challenges that conventional approaches to both public and private cloud computing, and outline the tough decisions that must be made to accelerate the journey to the hybrid cloud. As part of the transition, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service model will enable enterprise IT to build services beyond their data center while owning what gets moved, when to move it, and for how long. IT can then move forward on what matters most to the organization that it supports – availability, agility and efficiency.
Aug. 12, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,659
Every healthy ecosystem is diverse. This is especially true in cloud ecosystems, where portability and interoperability are more important than old enterprise models of proprietary ownership. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Baker, Server Product Manager at Canonical/Ubuntu, will discuss how single vendors used to take the lead in creating and delivering technology, but in a cloud economy, where users want tools of their preference, when and where they need them, it makes no sense.
Aug. 11, 2014 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,540
The 15th International Cloud Expo has just expanded its conference program, to bring together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC at one location. Cloud Expo is the single show where delegates and technology vendors can meet to experience and discuss the entire world of the cloud. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to learn about the latest technology developments and solutions.
Aug. 11, 2014 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,319
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare Corporation, a leading enabler of smart connected systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Bsquare is a global leader of embedded software solutions. We enable smart connected systems at the device level and beyond that millions use every day and provide actionable data solutions for the growing Internet of Things (IoT) market. We empower our world-class customers with our products, services and solutions to achieve innovation and success.
Aug. 11, 2014 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,922
SYS-CON Events announced today that NuoDB, Inc., the leader in webscale distributed database technology, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. NuoDB was launched in 2010 by industry-renowned database architect Jim Starkey and accomplished software CEO Barry Morris to deliver a webscale distributed database management system that is specifically designed for the cloud and the modern datacenter.
Aug. 10, 2014 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,383