|By Marketwired .||
|February 25, 2013 12:01 AM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/25/13 -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the arrival of the AMD FirePro R5000 remote graphics card, a flexible, manageable solution designed and engineered to power remote 3D-graphics workflows and full computing experiences over IP networks. The energy-, space- and cost-efficient AMD FirePro R5000 is the ideal solution for IT managers operating in data center environments where limited space, power budgets and cooling costs pose a constant challenge.
The AMD FirePro R5000 combines AMD's Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture with Teradici's PCoIP® technology, and delivers a 3D experience with low latency transmission -- ideal for mid-range multimonitor endpoints such as those used by CAD, medical imaging and financial services professionals. The AMD FirePro R5000 also complements IT security protocols by safeguarding corporate IP, since critical information never leaves the data center.
"IT professionals are looking for a secure and straight forward cloud-based graphics solution that delivers core functionality capable of adapting to meet each employee's unique graphics needs," said David Cummings, senior director and general manager of AMD Professional Graphics. "The AMD FirePro R5000 meets these needs, delivering the flexibility, functionality, security and industry-leading graphics capabilities companies look for when deciding on a remote graphics solution."
AMD FirePro R5000 Remote Graphics Features and Benefits
- Low Power Solution: Maximum power consumption of 150W helps to minimize power costs and enables the use of small footprint low power client devices that are capable of supporting up to four displays remotely;
- Effective Cooling: Minimizes system heat and fan noise in employee work areas, helps to reduce cooling costs and create cooler, quieter workspaces while a variable speed fan adjusts to accelerate the exchange of air heated by server components for cooler ambient air;
- Scale and Simplicity: Centrally located in the data center, IT can accommodate flexible seating arrangements or provide employees with zero clients, ultimately helping IT get employees up and running more quickly;
- Flexibility of Deployment: Delivers the deployment flexibility IT needs, including the option to deploy in desktop workstations, rack and blade servers, and PCIe® expansion chassis;
- Power Management: AMD PowerTune and AMD ZeroCore Power intelligent power management and monitoring tools enable IT managers to effectively track and contain power usage;
- High Performance Remote Protocol: The next generation Teradici TERA2240 host processor is able to transmit up to 300 megapixels per second and drive up to four displays per end user, with refresh rates up to 60 frames per second giving what Teradici describes as "the best remote user experience possible."
"With the introduction of the AMD FirePro R5000 with Teradici PCoIP processor, IT departments now have powerful centralized computing solutions that are easy to manage, and deliver the graphics performance required to handle high resolution images, video and 3D models with ease," said Trent Punnett, vice president of Product Management, System Engineering and Corporate Development at Teradici. "In addition, the AMD FirePro R5000 can be brokered and managed by VMware View giving a common broker and management window across both workstation and VDI desktops, and works with PCoIP zero clients that are offered by an ecosystem of over 30 OEMs."
The AMD FirePro R5000 is rigorously tested by AMD to ensure readiness for demanding professional use. It is a durable remote graphics solution intended to increase asset utilization density, meet real-world workloads and ultimately help IT minimize operating costs and time spent on servicing individual systems.
"Tasked with finding a thin client solution capable accelerating real-time 2D and basic 3D graphics for game development and computer animation classes, we turned to AMD's first generation remote graphics product, the ATI FirePro RG220," said Mahesh Neelakanta, director of the Technical Services Group, Florida Atlantic University. "Not only were we able to conserve energy and save time on system maintenance, the graphics cards were able to handle video, 2D images and animations, and 3D elements without bogging down the system or noticeable pixelation. Offering a more powerful GPU, four times the memory and nearly eight times the memory bandwidth of the RG220, the R5000 will allow us to deploy remote systems for our more advanced classes and configure multimonitor set ups our students will eventually encounter in the workplace."
Backed by a three-year warranty and planned three-year minimum lifecycle, the AMD FirePro R5000 will be available from select retailers and channel partners.
- Product pages: AMD FirePro R5000
- Learn more about AMD FirePro remote graphics
- Follow AMD FirePro graphics news on Twitter at @AMDFirePro
- Become a fan of AMD technology on Facebook
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, FirePro, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Agile PMO
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- How to Monitor the Web Performance of Your Competition
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- More on OnLive: New Cloud Solution Delivers Secure Cross-Platform Deployment for Graphics Intensive Applications
- Storage Made Easy Brings Private Enterprise File Share and Sync for Amazon S3 to AWS GovCloud
- "Cloud Computing 2.0" -- I'm Serious
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- New Photo Sharing Service izitru Establishes Photoshop-Free Zone
- The Problem with Cloud SLAs
- Emulex and Compuware Team Up to Drastically Improve Data Centre Problem Identification and Resolution
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- The Agile PMO
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- How to Strategically Benefit from AANPM
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
Over the last few years the healthcare ecosystem has revolved around innovations in Electronic Health Record (HER) based systems. This evolution has helped us achieve much desired interoperability. Now the focus is shifting to other equally important aspects – scalability and performance. While applying cloud computing environments to the EHR systems, a special consideration needs to be given to the cloud enablement of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), i.e., the largest single medical system in the United States.
Aug. 1, 2014 02:17 PM EDT Reads: 880
It’s time to face reality: "Americans are from Mars, Europeans are from Venus," and in today’s increasingly connected world, understanding “inter-planetary” alignments and deviations is mission-critical for cloud. In her session at 15th Cloud Expo, Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance Strategy Leader at Cisco Systems, will discuss cultural expectations of privacy based on new research across these elements.
Aug. 1, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,226
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, will discuss the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data and analysis are providing the pull to meet customer expectations of a widely connected, multi-dimensional universe of people, things, and information.
Aug. 1, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,383
SYS-CON Events announced today that Esri has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Esri inspires and enables people to positively impact the future through a deeper, geographic understanding of the changing world around them. For more information, visit http://www.esri.com.
Aug. 1, 2014 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,473
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudian, Inc., the leading provider of hybrid cloud storage solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudian is a Foster City, Calif.-based software company specializing in cloud storage. Cloudian HyperStore® is an S3-compatible cloud object storage platform that enables service providers and enterprises to build reliable, affordable and scalable hybrid cloud storage solutions. Cloudian actively partners with leading cloud computing environments including Amazon Web Services, Citrix Cloud Platform, Apache CloudStack, OpenStack and the vast ecosystem of S3 compatible tools and applications. Cloudian's customers include Vodafone, Nextel, NTT, Nifty, and LunaCloud. The company has additional offices in China and Japan.
Jul. 31, 2014 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,441
There will be 50 billion Internet connected devices by 2020. Today, every manufacturer has a propriety protocol and an app. How do we securely integrate these "things" into our lives and businesses in a way that we can easily control and manage? Even better, how do we integrate these "things" so that they control and manage each other so our lives become more convenient or our businesses become more profitable and/or safe? We have heard that the best interface is no interface. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Co-Founder & CTO at Octoblu, Inc., will discuss how these devices generate enough data to learn our behaviors and simplify/improve our lives. What if we could connect everything to everything? I'm not only talking about connecting things to things but also systems, cloud services, and people. Add in a little machine learning and artificial intelligence and now we have something interesting...
Jul. 30, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,288
After a couple of false starts, cloud-based desktop solutions are picking up steam, driven by trends such as BYOD and pervasive high-speed connectivity. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, cuts through the hype and the acronyms, and discusses the emergence of full-featured cloud workspaces that do for the desktop what cloud infrastructure did for the server. He’ll discuss VDI vs DaaS, implementation strategies and evaluation criteria.
Jul. 29, 2014 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,710
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Jul. 29, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,808
Cloud Computing is evolving into a Big Three of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. Cloud 360: Multi-Cloud Bootcamp, being held Nov 4–5, 2014, in conjunction with 15th Cloud Expo in Santa Clara, CA, delivers a real-world demonstration of how to deploy and configure a scalable and available web application on all three platforms. The Cloud 360 Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, an analyst with Gigaom Research, is the first bootcamp that introduces the core concepts of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) based on the workings of the Big Three platforms – Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, and Azure VMs. Bootcamp attendees will get to see the big picture and also receive the knowledge needed to make the best cloud decisions for their business applications and entire enterprise IT organization.
Jul. 28, 2014 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,233
“Distrix fits into the overall cloud and IoT model around software-defined networking. There’s a broad category around software-defined networking that’s focused on data center, and we focus on the WAN,” explained Jay Friedman, President of Distrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the Internet of @ThingsExpo, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading IoT industry players in the world.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,831
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at 15th Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, Vice President, Product Strategy of LogMeIn's Xively IoT Platform, will show you how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,914
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,340
“The Internet of Things is a wave that has arrived and it’s growing really fast. The concern at Aria Systems is making sure that people understand the ramifications of their attempts to monetize whatever it is they build on the Internet of Things," explained C Brendan O’Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect at Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the Internet of @ThingsExpo, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading IoT industry players in the world.
Jul. 27, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,420
The Internet of Things is a natural complement to the cloud and related technologies such as Big Data, analytics, and mobility. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Joe Weinman will lay out four generic strategies – digital disciplines – to exploit emerging digital technologies for strategic advantage. Joe Weinman has held executive leadership positions at Bell Labs, AT&T, Hewlett-Packard, and Telx, in areas such as corporate strategy, business development, product management, operations, and R&D.
Jul. 21, 2014 11:17 AM EDT Reads: 2,055
SYS-CON Events announced today that DevOps.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's “DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo,” which will take place on June 10–12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. DevOps.com is where the world meets DevOps. It is the largest collection of original content relating to DevOps on the web today Featuring up-to-the-minute news, feature stories, blogs, bylined articles and more, DevOps.com is where the thought leaders of the DevOps movement make their ideas known.
Jul. 20, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,833