|By PR Newswire||
|February 15, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
SEATTLE, Feb. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Technology-powered real estate broker Redfin (www.redfin.com) today released its Real-Time Home Price Tracker for January 2013, showing home prices increasing 10 percent year over year across 19 major U.S. markets. Inventory continued its long decline, falling by more than a third from January 2012—the largest drop since the debut of price tracking in 2010. The report also showed:
Sales volumes on the rise:
- Sales volumes fell by 20% from December but were up 12% from 2012 levels- marking the strongest January in four years.
Home-selling velocity also increasing:
- The percentage of listings that sold within 14 days shot up from 26% in December to 30% in January reaching the highest point since the debut of tracking in 2010.
This report is the earliest monthly analysis of home prices, sales and inventory across 19 U.S. markets, published weeks before any other index, based on the local databases used directly by Realtors to list properties and record sales. Click the following link to read the complete Redfin Real-Time Home Price Tracker. http://blog.redfin.com/?p=11858
Market-Specific Highlights and Lowlights:
- Chicago saw the biggest gains, with home sales up 49.8% from January 2012.
- Sacramento's sales volumes took the hardest hit with a 31.5% drop from a year earlier.
- 17 of the 19 cities measured saw home prices rise year over year; eight saw month-over-month home price increases.
- Phoenix once again led the price gains with a 31% year-over-year increase.
- Inventory fell to fewer than 157,000 total listings across the 19 metro areas studied.
- The top seven markets with the largest year-over-year drop in inventory were all in California: Sacramento (-70%), San Francisco (-63.7%), San Jose (-61.2%), Ventura (-60.3%), Los Angeles (-57.3%), Inland Empire (-54.7%) and San Diego (-52.4%).
- The market with the smallest year-over-year drop in inventory was Phoenix with 2.5% fewer homes for sale than last year.
- The top five fastest-selling markets (% of homes selling in two weeks or less) are all in California: San Jose (62.9%), San Francisco (54.6%), Ventura (47.4%), Los Angeles (45.7%), Inland Empire (43.2%), and San Diego (42.9%).
- The slowest-selling market is Boston, with only 4.2% of homes selling in 14 days or less.
About the Real-Time Home Price Tracker
As a broker with access to dozens of Multiple Listing Services (MLSs) used by real estate agents to list properties and record sales, Redfin gets data within minutes of a sale, pending sale or listing activation, well before any government, media or analytics organization. Using MLS fields, Redfin is able to distinguish houses from condominiums and townhouses, which often sell for less money. To validate the accuracy of the data and to account for sales not handled by a real estate agent, Redfin compares MLS data with county records as they become available, using sophisticated algorithms to identify and resolve disparities about square footage or price for each address. Data at the local and neighborhood level are available in a spreadsheet, and the report methodology is available as an Adobe document.
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is a technology-powered real estate broker that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded and run by technologists, Redfin, has a team of experienced, full-service real estate agents who are advocates, not sales-people, earning customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions. Redfin's online tools feature all the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties that don't pay brokers a commission. The company serves 21 U.S. markets, and has closed more than $8 billion in home sales. In 2012, Redfin was named one of The DIGITAL 100: World's Most Valuable Private Tech Companies by Business Insider. Follow us on our blog (blog.redfin.com), Twitter (@redfin), and Facebook (Facebook.com/redfin).
SOURCE Redfin Corporation
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- The Agile PMO
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- Web Service Monitoring 101: Identifying Bad Deployments
- Unified IT Monitoring Software
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- How to Monitor the Web Performance of Your Competition
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Storage Made Easy Brings Private Enterprise File Share and Sync for Amazon S3 to AWS GovCloud
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- New Photo Sharing Service izitru Establishes Photoshop-Free Zone
- The Problem with Cloud SLAs
- Emulex and Compuware Team Up to Drastically Improve Data Centre Problem Identification and Resolution
- The Agile PMO
- How to Strategically Benefit from AANPM
- Web Service Monitoring 101: Identifying Bad Deployments
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
Cloud Computing is evolving into a Big Three of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. Cloud 360: Multi-Cloud Bootcamp, being held Nov 4–5, 2014, in conjunction with 15th Cloud Expo in Santa Clara, CA, delivers a real-world demonstration of how to deploy and configure a scalable and available web application on all three platforms. The Cloud 360 Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, an analyst with Gigaom Research, is the first bootcamp that introduces the core concepts of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) based on the workings of the Big Three platforms – Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, and Azure VMs. Bootcamp attendees will get to see the big picture and also receive the knowledge needed to make the best cloud decisions for their business applications and entire enterprise IT organization.
Jul. 28, 2014 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,873
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at 15th Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, Vice President, Product Strategy of LogMeIn's Xively IoT Platform, will show you how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,400
“Distrix fits into the overall cloud and IoT model around software-defined networking. There’s a broad category around software-defined networking that’s focused on data center, and we focus on the WAN,” explained Jay Friedman, President of Distrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the Internet of @ThingsExpo, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading IoT industry players in the world.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,534
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,029
“The Internet of Things is a wave that has arrived and it’s growing really fast. The concern at Aria Systems is making sure that people understand the ramifications of their attempts to monetize whatever it is they build on the Internet of Things," explained C Brendan O’Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect at Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the Internet of @ThingsExpo, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading IoT industry players in the world.
Jul. 27, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,248
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Jul. 27, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,388
After a couple of false starts, cloud-based desktop solutions are picking up steam, driven by trends such as BYOD and pervasive high-speed connectivity. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, cuts through the hype and the acronyms, and discusses the emergence of full-featured cloud workspaces that do for the desktop what cloud infrastructure did for the server. He’ll discuss VDI vs DaaS, implementation strategies and evaluation criteria.
Jul. 27, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,317
The Internet of Things is a natural complement to the cloud and related technologies such as Big Data, analytics, and mobility. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Joe Weinman will lay out four generic strategies – digital disciplines – to exploit emerging digital technologies for strategic advantage. Joe Weinman has held executive leadership positions at Bell Labs, AT&T, Hewlett-Packard, and Telx, in areas such as corporate strategy, business development, product management, operations, and R&D.
Jul. 21, 2014 11:17 AM EDT Reads: 1,921
SYS-CON Events announced today that DevOps.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's “DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo,” which will take place on June 10–12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. DevOps.com is where the world meets DevOps. It is the largest collection of original content relating to DevOps on the web today Featuring up-to-the-minute news, feature stories, blogs, bylined articles and more, DevOps.com is where the thought leaders of the DevOps movement make their ideas known.
Jul. 20, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,723
There are 182 billion emails sent every day, generating a lot of data about how recipients and ISPs respond. Many marketers take a more-is-better approach to stats, preferring to have the ability to slice and dice their email lists based numerous arbitrary stats. However, fundamentally what really matters is whether or not sending an email to a particular recipient will generate value. Data Scientists can design high-level insights such as engagement prediction models and content clusters that allow marketers to cut through the noise and design their campaigns around strong, predictive signals, rather than arbitrary statistics. SendGrid sends up to half a billion emails a day for customers such as Pinterest and GitHub. All this email adds up to more text than produced in the entire twitterverse. We track events like clicks, opens and deliveries to help improve deliverability for our customers – adding up to over 50 billion useful events every month. While SendGrid data covers only abo...
Jul. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,402
SYS-CON Events announced today that the Web Host Industry Review has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Since 2000, The Web Host Industry Review has made a name for itself as the foremost authority of the Web hosting industry providing reliable, insightful and comprehensive news, reviews and resources to the hosting community. TheWHIR Blogs provides a community of expert industry perspectives. The Web Host Industry Review Magazine also offers a business-minded, issue-driven perspective of interest to executives and decision-makers. WHIR TV offers on demand web hosting video interviews and web hosting video features of the key persons and events of the web hosting industry. WHIR Events brings together like-minded hosting industry professionals and decision-makers in local communities. TheWHIR is an iNET Interactive property.
Jul. 20, 2014 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,913
SYS-CON Events announced today that O'Reilly Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Jul. 19, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,886
SYS-CON Events announced today that Verizon has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Verizon Enterprise Solutions creates global connections that generate growth, drive business innovation and move society forward. With industry-specific solutions and a full range of global wholesale offerings provided over the company's secure mobility, cloud, strategic networking and advanced communications platforms, Verizon Enterprise Solutions helps open new opportunities around the world for innovation, investment and business transformation. Visit verizonenterprise.com to learn more.
Jul. 18, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,902
SYS-CON Events announced today that TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business to business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the communications and technology industries.
Jul. 15, 2014 04:21 PM EDT Reads: 1,375
"In my session I spoke about enterprise cloud analytics and how we can leverage analytics as a service," explained Ajay Budhraja, CTO at the Department of Justice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 14th International Cloud Expo®, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Cloud Expo® 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
Jul. 15, 2014 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,951