|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help customers achieve greater value from Oracle's PeopleSoft applications, Oracle today announced a new release of Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools.
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.53 continues Oracle's commitment to extend the value of PeopleSoft applications by providing new technology enhancements that deliver a dramatically improved user experience and help reduce ongoing operating costs.
- This latest release of PeopleSoft PeopleTools enables a new level of usability and productivity within the PeopleSoft applications by delivering a process rather than task-centric interaction model. PeopleSoft applications now incorporate high productivity features such as a cockpit style single stop WorkCenter for expert users and methods that improve all users' ability to simply, find and work with enterprise data in more visual ways.
- With this release, PeopleSoft customers will be better able to manage their total cost of ownership for PeopleSoft applications by leveraging options for system virtualization, instance consolidation and Oracle private cloud solutions.
- PeopleTools 8.53 is Oracle's latest effort to extend the value of PeopleSoft applications. This new release is designed to be a technology upgrade for all currently supported PeopleSoft applications and to power Oracle's next planned release of PeopleSoft.
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools is a comprehensive development toolset that is the technology foundation for PeopleSoft applications. PeopleTools enables application developers to build, configure and customize PeopleSoft applications quickly and easily.
PeopleTools 8.53 Improves Usability and Reduces Costs for Existing PeopleSoft Deployments
- The latest release of PeopleTools delivers a process-centric model for user interactions rather than a task-based approach with features such as PeopleSoft Activity Guides. This more intuitive user experience provides a visual layout for multiple step processes, across both PeopleSoft and non-PeopleSoft applications.
- The inclusion of Oracle's Secure Enterprise Search (SES) provides secure, free text search within PeopleSoft applications across multiple objects and multiple instances. With SES, PeopleSoft now enables users to take a more streamlined search-driven approach to navigating the system rather than hunting for actions in complex menus.
- Furthering the change in navigation, the expansion of the Related Actions Framework in PeopleTools 8.53 provides end users the ability to take contextually relevant action on objects in place of using traditional menu paths.
- The PeopleSoft user interface now showcases improved use and support of web-standard Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). Leveraging CSS more than ever, PeopleTools 8.53 enables users to easily configure their PeopleSoft system to reflect corporate design elements such as colors, graphics and web page behavior, delivering new look and feel options.
- In addition, the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub extends the native PeopleSoft application user interface to include Unified Application Navigation, role-based configurable homepages as well as a comprehensive suite of social and collaboration tools.
- Real-time, embedded decision support analysis capabilities are delivered in PeopleTools 8.53 by Pivot Grids. Pivot Grids are self-service, multi-dimensional analytics built into the applications that provide users with improved analytic capabilities and the business intelligence needed to make informed decisions.
- PeopleTools 8.53 also increases the productivity of professional users through the use of WorkCenters. WorkCenters consolidate user tasks, exceptions, alerts, links, reports, and queries into a single, secure, role based, cockpit style "command center" that can be personalized via end user configuration.
- Designed to significantly reduce the total cost of ownership, PeopleTools 8.53 enables Oracle private cloud deployments of PeopleSoft. Multiple PeopleSoft application instances can be consolidated on a single Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud machine, delivering improved application performance and scalability as well as improved system management, patching, and maintenance. Oracle VM Templates for PeopleSoft support rapid application provisioning and scaling, allowing customers to easily adopt the latest PeopleSoft application innovations.
- "Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.53 is designed to help customers derive greater value from their PeopleSoft investment," said Paco Aubrejuan, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle's PeopleSoft. "The functionality delivered in the latest version of PeopleTools should help users configure and customize their PeopleSoft applications in ways that provide a more intuitive user experience while also driving business value."
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools
- PeopleSoft Technology Blog
- PeopleSoft Apps Strategy Blog
- Oracle Human Capital Management Blog
- PeopleSoft Info on Twitter
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Oct. 20, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,850
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Oct. 20, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,733
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 20, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 829
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 20, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,553
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, will discuss the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docke...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,120
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 10,910
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 7,828
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,045
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 674
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,378
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 20, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,737
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 20, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,425
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, will contrast how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He will show the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He will also have live demos of building immutable pipe...
Oct. 20, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,425
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 20, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 837
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 20, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 818
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Oct. 20, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,311
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect...
Oct. 20, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,565
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 20, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 704
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-tim...
Oct. 20, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,843
Governments around the world are adopting Safe Harbor privacy provisions to protect customer data from leaving sovereign territories. Increasingly, global companies are required to create new instances of their server clusters in multiple countries to keep abreast of these new Safe Harbor laws. Is it worth it? In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director of Anexia, Inc., will discuss how to keep your data legal and still stay in business.
Oct. 20, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,315