|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help customers achieve greater value from Oracle's PeopleSoft applications, Oracle today announced a new release of Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools.
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.53 continues Oracle's commitment to extend the value of PeopleSoft applications by providing new technology enhancements that deliver a dramatically improved user experience and help reduce ongoing operating costs.
- This latest release of PeopleSoft PeopleTools enables a new level of usability and productivity within the PeopleSoft applications by delivering a process rather than task-centric interaction model. PeopleSoft applications now incorporate high productivity features such as a cockpit style single stop WorkCenter for expert users and methods that improve all users' ability to simply, find and work with enterprise data in more visual ways.
- With this release, PeopleSoft customers will be better able to manage their total cost of ownership for PeopleSoft applications by leveraging options for system virtualization, instance consolidation and Oracle private cloud solutions.
- PeopleTools 8.53 is Oracle's latest effort to extend the value of PeopleSoft applications. This new release is designed to be a technology upgrade for all currently supported PeopleSoft applications and to power Oracle's next planned release of PeopleSoft.
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools is a comprehensive development toolset that is the technology foundation for PeopleSoft applications. PeopleTools enables application developers to build, configure and customize PeopleSoft applications quickly and easily.
PeopleTools 8.53 Improves Usability and Reduces Costs for Existing PeopleSoft Deployments
- The latest release of PeopleTools delivers a process-centric model for user interactions rather than a task-based approach with features such as PeopleSoft Activity Guides. This more intuitive user experience provides a visual layout for multiple step processes, across both PeopleSoft and non-PeopleSoft applications.
- The inclusion of Oracle's Secure Enterprise Search (SES) provides secure, free text search within PeopleSoft applications across multiple objects and multiple instances. With SES, PeopleSoft now enables users to take a more streamlined search-driven approach to navigating the system rather than hunting for actions in complex menus.
- Furthering the change in navigation, the expansion of the Related Actions Framework in PeopleTools 8.53 provides end users the ability to take contextually relevant action on objects in place of using traditional menu paths.
- The PeopleSoft user interface now showcases improved use and support of web-standard Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). Leveraging CSS more than ever, PeopleTools 8.53 enables users to easily configure their PeopleSoft system to reflect corporate design elements such as colors, graphics and web page behavior, delivering new look and feel options.
- In addition, the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub extends the native PeopleSoft application user interface to include Unified Application Navigation, role-based configurable homepages as well as a comprehensive suite of social and collaboration tools.
- Real-time, embedded decision support analysis capabilities are delivered in PeopleTools 8.53 by Pivot Grids. Pivot Grids are self-service, multi-dimensional analytics built into the applications that provide users with improved analytic capabilities and the business intelligence needed to make informed decisions.
- PeopleTools 8.53 also increases the productivity of professional users through the use of WorkCenters. WorkCenters consolidate user tasks, exceptions, alerts, links, reports, and queries into a single, secure, role based, cockpit style "command center" that can be personalized via end user configuration.
- Designed to significantly reduce the total cost of ownership, PeopleTools 8.53 enables Oracle private cloud deployments of PeopleSoft. Multiple PeopleSoft application instances can be consolidated on a single Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud machine, delivering improved application performance and scalability as well as improved system management, patching, and maintenance. Oracle VM Templates for PeopleSoft support rapid application provisioning and scaling, allowing customers to easily adopt the latest PeopleSoft application innovations.
- "Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.53 is designed to help customers derive greater value from their PeopleSoft investment," said Paco Aubrejuan, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle's PeopleSoft. "The functionality delivered in the latest version of PeopleTools should help users configure and customize their PeopleSoft applications in ways that provide a more intuitive user experience while also driving business value."
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools
- PeopleSoft Technology Blog
- PeopleSoft Apps Strategy Blog
- Oracle Human Capital Management Blog
- PeopleSoft Info on Twitter
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,498
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He will give an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He will also outline what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix managed service platforms and what specifically c...
May. 5, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,375
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 5, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,470
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 5, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,038
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
May. 5, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,367
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
May. 5, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,271
Peak 10, Inc., has announced the implementation of IT service management, a business process alignment initiative based on the widely adopted Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework. The implementation of IT service management enhances Peak 10’s current service-minded approach to IT delivery by propelling the company to deliver higher levels of personalized and prompt service. The majority of Peak 10’s operations employees have been trained and certified in the ITIL frame...
May. 5, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,188
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 5, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 727
CollabNet, Leader in ALM, Agile and DevOps, Set to Speak and Exhibit at @CloudExpo NY | @CollabNet #Cloud
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet (www.collabnet.com) a global leader in enterprise software development and delivery solutions that help customers create high-quality applications at speed, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The CEO of CollabNet Flint Brenton will also present about DevOps challenges in today’s global, open, and heterogeneous world of software development.
May. 5, 2016 02:39 PM EDT Reads: 318
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, will show how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningfu...
May. 5, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,209
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 5, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,487
In the world of DevOps there are ‘known good practices’ – aka ‘patterns’ – and ‘known bad practices’ – aka ‘anti-patterns.' Many of these patterns and anti-patterns have been developed from real world experience, especially by the early adopters of DevOps theory; but many are more feasible in theory than in practice, especially for more recent entrants to the DevOps scene. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists will dis...
May. 5, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,144
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 5, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 589
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,323
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
May. 5, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,167
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 5, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,569
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 5, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,286
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 5, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,398
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, will shares the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
May. 5, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,265
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 5, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,242