|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- Oracle Value Chain Summit 2013 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help organizations of all sizes and types innovate profitably, Oracle today announced new releases of Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) for Process.
- Extending the industry's most comprehensive enterprise PLM solution, Agile PLM 9.3.2 enhances usability and streamlines processes, while also introducing a range of new features within Agile PLM modules including Oracle's Agile Product Governance and Compliance, Oracle's Agile Product Cost Management and Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management.
- Delivering additional PLM capabilities designed specifically for companies in process industries, Oracle Agile PLM for Process release 6.1.1 offers significant improvements in the areas of formula modeling and compliance and also introduces a new module, Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management (PQM) for Process. This new module makes quality information and issues visible to all stakeholders within an organization and across the Value Chain by providing a collaborative environment to aggregate and track information related to product quality within the product record.
Align Product Value Chains and Achieve Innovation Goals
- Agile PLM enables organizations to accelerate innovation, design for supply and rapidly commercialize by optimizing all aspects of designing, developing, launching, servicing and disposing of products.
- Enhancements and innovations in the latest release of Agile PLM include:
- New compliance engine that enhances our Design for REACH capability and provides support for the new Conflict Mineral regulation within the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- Improved approval matrix capability - New workflow related features eliminate the need for process extensions by improving the management of the typical approval matrix needs of customers.
- User experience improvements - Further enhance user productivity by introducing an improved audit screen, enhanced navigator and two column title block.
- Product Portfolio Management (PPM) features - Help with program management in PPM by introducing stationary gates, GANTT locking options, expanded PLM references attributes, GANTT enhanced snap to times and new capabilities that enable users to replicate inter-project dependencies.
- Product Cost Management (PCM) and Product Quality Management (PQM) Improvements - Assist with integrating supply chain users by adding an option for RFQ responses and better enabling automation when interacting with PCM. In addition, to enhance PQM the latest release adds the QCR table to Supplier and Customer objects.
- Integration with Oracle Enterprise Data Quality - Enables use cases around data validation and enrichment that ensure the cleanliness of the enterprise product record.
- Agile PLM for Process is an integrated solution that manages all aspects of innovation, such as product and portfolio management, specification management, supplier management, formulation and BOM management, packaging and labeling management, compliance and quality management, and data syndication.
- Enhancements in the latest release of Agile PLM for Process include a number of improvements to formula modeling and compliance such as extensions to allow real time visibility of key metrics in a formula model and functional tagging to aid in regulatory and quality analysis of a design.
- With the new addition of Agile PQM for Process, customers can:
- Create a corporate culture of quality by making quality information and issues visible to all of the stakeholders in the product lifecycle from product development through end of life.
- Seamlessly identify and analyze reported product deficiencies, take corrective action, and improve next-generation products.
- Improve regulatory compliance, improve customer satisfaction and save money by effectively managing audits and recalls.
- This news was announced at the Oracle Value Chain Summit 2013. The event takes place February 4 - 6, 2013 in San Francisco, CA.
- "One of the most complex challenges that organizations of all sizes and types face is how to innovate profitably," said John Kelley, vice president of product value chain strategy, Oracle. "With the enhancements to Oracle's Agile PLM and Oracle's Agile PLM for Process as well as the introduction of innovative new modules like Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management (PQM) for Process, Oracle is able to help organizations further shorten cycle times, increase sales, lower costs and reduce risks associated with innovation. This combination helps organizations cost-effectively reach their innovation goals."
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management Solutions
- Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management for Process
- Agile Product Governance and Compliance
- Agile Product Cost Management
- Agile Product Quality Management
- Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management (PQM) for Process
- Oracle Enterprise Data Quality
- Oracle's Agile PLM blog
- Oracle's Agile PLM Twitter Feed
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Jul. 1, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,504
"We have a tagline - "Power in the API Economy." What that means is everything that is built in applications and connected applications is done through APIs," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at Akana, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 1, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 820
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and Containers together help companies to achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of...
Jul. 1, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,216
"AgilData is the next generation of dbShards. It just adds a whole bunch more functionality to improve the developer experience," noted Dan Lynn, CEO of AgilData, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 1, 2015 04:09 PM EDT Reads: 546
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of pro...
Jul. 1, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,061
"We provide a web application framework for building really sophisticated web applications that run on a browser without any installation need so we get used for biotech, defense, and banking applications," noted Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit (http://DevOpsSummit.SYS-CON.com), held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York
Jul. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,067
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jul. 1, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,185
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 1, 2015 02:21 PM EDT Reads: 596
In the midst of the widespread popularity and adoption of cloud computing, it seems like everything is being offered “as a Service” these days: Infrastructure? Check. Platform? You bet. Software? Absolutely. Toaster? It’s only a matter of time. With service providers positioning vastly differing offerings under a generic “cloud” umbrella, it’s all too easy to get confused about what’s actually being offered. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hazard, Director of Digital Content for SoftL...
Jul. 1, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,161
"A lot of the enterprises that have been using our systems for many years are reaching out to the cloud - the public cloud, the private cloud and hybrid," stated Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 1, 2015 12:54 PM EDT Reads: 598
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 1, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,052
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jul. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,007
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,024
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jul. 1, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,246
SYS-CON Events announced today that JFrog, maker of Artifactory, the popular Binary Repository Manager, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based in California, Israel and France, founded by longtime field-experts, JFrog, creator of Artifactory and Bintray, has provided the market with the first Binary Repository solution and a software distribution social platform.
Jul. 1, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 979
In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Simone Brunozzi, VP and Chief Technologist of Cloud Services at VMware, reviewed the changes that the cloud computing industry has gone through over the last five years and shared insights into what the next five will bring. He also chronicled the challenges enterprise companies are facing as they move to the public cloud. He delved into the "Hybrid Cloud" space and explained why every CIO should consider ‘hybrid cloud' as part of their future strategy to achi...
Jul. 1, 2015 11:10 AM EDT Reads: 673
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 957
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,138
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at th...
Jul. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,948
The most often asked question post-DevOps introduction is: “How do I get started?” There’s plenty of information on why DevOps is valid and important, but many managers still struggle with simple basics for how to initiate a DevOps program in their business. They struggle with issues related to current organizational inertia, the lack of experience on Continuous Integration/Delivery, understanding where DevOps will affect revenue and budget, etc. In their session at DevOps Summit, JP Morgenthal...
Jul. 1, 2015 09:32 AM EDT Reads: 636