|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- Oracle Value Chain Summit 2013 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help organizations of all sizes and types innovate profitably, Oracle today announced new releases of Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) for Process.
- Extending the industry's most comprehensive enterprise PLM solution, Agile PLM 9.3.2 enhances usability and streamlines processes, while also introducing a range of new features within Agile PLM modules including Oracle's Agile Product Governance and Compliance, Oracle's Agile Product Cost Management and Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management.
- Delivering additional PLM capabilities designed specifically for companies in process industries, Oracle Agile PLM for Process release 6.1.1 offers significant improvements in the areas of formula modeling and compliance and also introduces a new module, Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management (PQM) for Process. This new module makes quality information and issues visible to all stakeholders within an organization and across the Value Chain by providing a collaborative environment to aggregate and track information related to product quality within the product record.
Align Product Value Chains and Achieve Innovation Goals
- Agile PLM enables organizations to accelerate innovation, design for supply and rapidly commercialize by optimizing all aspects of designing, developing, launching, servicing and disposing of products.
- Enhancements and innovations in the latest release of Agile PLM include:
- New compliance engine that enhances our Design for REACH capability and provides support for the new Conflict Mineral regulation within the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- Improved approval matrix capability - New workflow related features eliminate the need for process extensions by improving the management of the typical approval matrix needs of customers.
- User experience improvements - Further enhance user productivity by introducing an improved audit screen, enhanced navigator and two column title block.
- Product Portfolio Management (PPM) features - Help with program management in PPM by introducing stationary gates, GANTT locking options, expanded PLM references attributes, GANTT enhanced snap to times and new capabilities that enable users to replicate inter-project dependencies.
- Product Cost Management (PCM) and Product Quality Management (PQM) Improvements - Assist with integrating supply chain users by adding an option for RFQ responses and better enabling automation when interacting with PCM. In addition, to enhance PQM the latest release adds the QCR table to Supplier and Customer objects.
- Integration with Oracle Enterprise Data Quality - Enables use cases around data validation and enrichment that ensure the cleanliness of the enterprise product record.
- Agile PLM for Process is an integrated solution that manages all aspects of innovation, such as product and portfolio management, specification management, supplier management, formulation and BOM management, packaging and labeling management, compliance and quality management, and data syndication.
- Enhancements in the latest release of Agile PLM for Process include a number of improvements to formula modeling and compliance such as extensions to allow real time visibility of key metrics in a formula model and functional tagging to aid in regulatory and quality analysis of a design.
- With the new addition of Agile PQM for Process, customers can:
- Create a corporate culture of quality by making quality information and issues visible to all of the stakeholders in the product lifecycle from product development through end of life.
- Seamlessly identify and analyze reported product deficiencies, take corrective action, and improve next-generation products.
- Improve regulatory compliance, improve customer satisfaction and save money by effectively managing audits and recalls.
- This news was announced at the Oracle Value Chain Summit 2013. The event takes place February 4 - 6, 2013 in San Francisco, CA.
- "One of the most complex challenges that organizations of all sizes and types face is how to innovate profitably," said John Kelley, vice president of product value chain strategy, Oracle. "With the enhancements to Oracle's Agile PLM and Oracle's Agile PLM for Process as well as the introduction of innovative new modules like Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management (PQM) for Process, Oracle is able to help organizations further shorten cycle times, increase sales, lower costs and reduce risks associated with innovation. This combination helps organizations cost-effectively reach their innovation goals."
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management Solutions
- Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management for Process
- Agile Product Governance and Compliance
- Agile Product Cost Management
- Agile Product Quality Management
- Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management (PQM) for Process
- Oracle Enterprise Data Quality
- Oracle's Agile PLM blog
- Oracle's Agile PLM Twitter Feed
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,322
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 868
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 602
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 710
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,724
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,672
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,197
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 605
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 834
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,769
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sheng Liang to Keynote at SYS-CON's 19th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1-3, 2016 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
Oct. 1, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 202
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Oct. 1, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,677
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,513
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,512
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,424
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,314
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,290
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,177
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,416
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Oct. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,867