|By Marketwired .||
|February 5, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- Oracle Value Chain Summit 2013 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help organizations of all sizes and types innovate profitably, Oracle today announced new releases of Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) for Process.
- Extending the industry's most comprehensive enterprise PLM solution, Agile PLM 9.3.2 enhances usability and streamlines processes, while also introducing a range of new features within Agile PLM modules including Oracle's Agile Product Governance and Compliance, Oracle's Agile Product Cost Management and Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management.
- Delivering additional PLM capabilities designed specifically for companies in process industries, Oracle Agile PLM for Process release 6.1.1 offers significant improvements in the areas of formula modeling and compliance and also introduces a new module, Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management (PQM) for Process. This new module makes quality information and issues visible to all stakeholders within an organization and across the Value Chain by providing a collaborative environment to aggregate and track information related to product quality within the product record.
Align Product Value Chains and Achieve Innovation Goals
- Agile PLM enables organizations to accelerate innovation, design for supply and rapidly commercialize by optimizing all aspects of designing, developing, launching, servicing and disposing of products.
- Enhancements and innovations in the latest release of Agile PLM include:
- New compliance engine that enhances our Design for REACH capability and provides support for the new Conflict Mineral regulation within the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- Improved approval matrix capability - New workflow related features eliminate the need for process extensions by improving the management of the typical approval matrix needs of customers.
- User experience improvements - Further enhance user productivity by introducing an improved audit screen, enhanced navigator and two column title block.
- Product Portfolio Management (PPM) features - Help with program management in PPM by introducing stationary gates, GANTT locking options, expanded PLM references attributes, GANTT enhanced snap to times and new capabilities that enable users to replicate inter-project dependencies.
- Product Cost Management (PCM) and Product Quality Management (PQM) Improvements - Assist with integrating supply chain users by adding an option for RFQ responses and better enabling automation when interacting with PCM. In addition, to enhance PQM the latest release adds the QCR table to Supplier and Customer objects.
- Integration with Oracle Enterprise Data Quality - Enables use cases around data validation and enrichment that ensure the cleanliness of the enterprise product record.
- Agile PLM for Process is an integrated solution that manages all aspects of innovation, such as product and portfolio management, specification management, supplier management, formulation and BOM management, packaging and labeling management, compliance and quality management, and data syndication.
- Enhancements in the latest release of Agile PLM for Process include a number of improvements to formula modeling and compliance such as extensions to allow real time visibility of key metrics in a formula model and functional tagging to aid in regulatory and quality analysis of a design.
- With the new addition of Agile PQM for Process, customers can:
- Create a corporate culture of quality by making quality information and issues visible to all of the stakeholders in the product lifecycle from product development through end of life.
- Seamlessly identify and analyze reported product deficiencies, take corrective action, and improve next-generation products.
- Improve regulatory compliance, improve customer satisfaction and save money by effectively managing audits and recalls.
- This news was announced at the Oracle Value Chain Summit 2013. The event takes place February 4 - 6, 2013 in San Francisco, CA.
- "One of the most complex challenges that organizations of all sizes and types face is how to innovate profitably," said John Kelley, vice president of product value chain strategy, Oracle. "With the enhancements to Oracle's Agile PLM and Oracle's Agile PLM for Process as well as the introduction of innovative new modules like Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management (PQM) for Process, Oracle is able to help organizations further shorten cycle times, increase sales, lower costs and reduce risks associated with innovation. This combination helps organizations cost-effectively reach their innovation goals."
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management Solutions
- Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management for Process
- Agile Product Governance and Compliance
- Agile Product Cost Management
- Agile Product Quality Management
- Oracle's Agile Product Quality Management (PQM) for Process
- Oracle Enterprise Data Quality
- Oracle's Agile PLM blog
- Oracle's Agile PLM Twitter Feed
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Nov. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 287
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true ...
Nov. 30, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 562
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem"...
Nov. 30, 2015 07:00 AM EST Reads: 466
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Nov. 30, 2015 07:00 AM EST Reads: 381
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound...
Nov. 30, 2015 05:30 AM EST Reads: 493
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 30, 2015 05:15 AM EST Reads: 250
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, San...
Nov. 30, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 607
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Ben Perlmutter, a Sales Engineer with IBM Cloudant, demonstrated techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user e...
Nov. 30, 2015 03:45 AM EST Reads: 438
In today's enterprise, digital transformation represents organizational change even more so than technology change, as customer preferences and behavior drive end-to-end transformation across lines of business as well as IT. To capitalize on the ubiquitous disruption driving this transformation, companies must be able to innovate at an increasingly rapid pace. Traditional approaches for driving innovation are now woefully inadequate for keeping up with the breadth of disruption and change facin...
Nov. 30, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 513
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 30, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 448
I recently attended and was a speaker at the 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center. I also had the opportunity to attend this event last year and I wrote a blog from that show talking about how the “Enterprise Impact of IoT” was a key theme of last year’s show. I was curious to see if the same theme would still resonate 365 days later and what, if any, changes I would see in the content presented.
Nov. 30, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 450
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Nov. 30, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 450
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Nov. 30, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 419
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Nov. 29, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 257
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 488
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 359
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 29, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 423
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 29, 2015 12:30 PM EST Reads: 429
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 532
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 29, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 337