|By Marketwired .||
|January 29, 2013 07:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- Spruce Media (www.sprucemedia.com), the leading provider of enterprise-class marketing solutions for Facebook Ads, today announced the public release of the Spruce Media State of Facebook Advertising Report.
In this latest report, Spruce Media provides statistics and trends analysis on key campaign performance metrics including cost per thousand impressions (CPM), click-through rates (CTR), and cost per click (CPC), and also offers its take on the social network's advertising products, including mobile application install ads, view tags, and its newly introduced graph search.
Highlights in the report include the following:
- In Q4 Spruce Media saw Brand Advertisers shift budgets from low CPM placements (right-hand-side) into high CPM placements (Newsfeed), coupled with widespread adoption of Facebook Exchange to backfill lower CPM placements, this makes us very positive on Facebook's Q4 revenue.
- Newsfeed CPM's increased further in Q4 showing increased competition in the Facebook Ad Market.
- Newsfeed mobile CPM is down 10% from Q3 to Q4, this could be due to increased inventory with iPhone 5, iOS 6 and Facebook's ramp of eligible device impressions.
- Desktop Newsfeed CPM is up 34% to Q4 showing sustained inventory volume with increased competition for the ever-valuable newsfeed impressions during the holiday season.
- Newsfeed CTRs in Q4 continued to rise showing a clear improvement in Facebook's ad formatting and ad serving algorithm.
- The 34% increase in CTR on this placement shows that Facebook has been able to improve the formatting and relevancy of ads delivered in their mobile applications confirming Facebook's ability to focus on both user experience as well as revenue building product development.
- The 33% drop in Mobile Newsfeed CPC from Q3 to Q4 further opens Facebook up to the $1.6+ Billion industry of mobile ad network advertisers who currently pay very low CPC rates.
- In Q4, Spruce Media found that Ads served on Desktop Newsfeed cost an average of $0.24 per engagement. Ads served on Mobile Newsfeed cost as average of $0.76 per engagement within 28 days. While Spruce Media found that Mobile Newsfeed is extremely effective at driving immediate engagement of liking a page, liking a post and viewing that specific piece of content; further browsing or other page content after the initial engagement is more likely to occur on desktop.
- Facebook's first deposit against serving direct response advertisers on Mobile is their Mobile App Install Ad. Spruce Media's data on this ad unit so far shows an average cost per click of $0.39 and an average cost per install of $0.97, numbers which fall right into the strike zone of your average mobile application advertiser.
The report also covers Facebook Predictions for 2013, including insights for Facebook Graph Search:
- Facebook had an extremely productive 2012 and has shown the market that they have a commitment to developing innovative advertising products that provide a better user experience. Ending 2012 and going into 2013, Spruce Media sees Brands continuing their Facebook investment from being a "let's try this out" to a "must-buy" to now, being a "how do we strategically develop a media plan that accomplishes our goals." Seeing the incredible engagement metrics from getting content into the Desktop Newsfeed makes developing strategies to 1.) Get into the Newsfeed and 2.) Stay in the Newsfeed, critical now more than ever.
- Facebook's recent announcement of Graph Search (a revolutionary new way to discover people, places and things) could make a great addition to Newsfeed for Brand Marketers. Similarly to "getting into the Newsfeed" the only way to "get into search results" is to have relevant and engaging content, therefore Graph Search is just another reason that brands should employ smart paid media strategies and continue investing on Facebook. In addition to brand marketers investing in Graph Search inventory, this new "demand fulfillment" inventory will attract advertisers to Facebook who haven't yet spent any dollars.
- Facebook has made significant progress on product adoption and doesn't show signs of slowing down in 2013. This brings about a huge opportunity for advertisers that are embracing the social media giant and big challenges in navigating Facebook marketing strategy. Humanizing advertising is a very exciting world that Spruce Media looks forward to Facebook continuing to develop.
About Spruce Media:
Spruce Media is the leading provider of enterprise-class marketing technology that delivers real results at scale, and drives consumers from likes to influence for the most successful advertisers, agencies, and trading desks on Facebook. Recently named one of 12 Facebook Strategic Preferred Marketing Developers, the highest distinction of excellence offered, Spruce has pushed over 300-billion impressions through its software and is the technology of choice for the largest advertisers on Facebook. Founded in 2010, Spruce has developed a robust solution integrating ad creation, bid management, analytics, and reporting into one easy to use, yet powerful interface, which can be licensed or coupled with managed services. Spruce Media is based in San Francisco and has sales offices in Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, Minneapolis, Washington D.C., and New York.
Amazon, Google and Facebook are household names in part because of their mastery of Big Data. But what about organizations without billions of dollars to spend on Big Data tools - how can they extract value from their data? In his session at 6th Big Data Expo®, Ali Ghodsi, Co-Founder and Head of Engineering at Databricks, discussed how the zero management cost and scalability of the cloud is addressing the challenges and pain points that data engineers face when working with Big Data. He also s...
May. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,621
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,605
Software development, like manufacturing, is a craft that requires the application of creative approaches to solve problems given a wide range of constraints. However, while engineering design may be craftwork, the production of most designed objects relies on a standardized and automated manufacturing process. By contrast, much of moving an application from prototype to production and, indeed, maintaining the application through its lifecycle has often remained craftwork. In his session at Dev...
May. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,057
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and asse...
May. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,133
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session a...
May. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,425
SYS-CON Events announced today that EnterpriseDB (EDB), the leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class Postgres products and database compatibility solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. EDB is the largest provider of Postgres software and services that provides enterprise-class performance and scalability and the open source freedom to divert budget from more costly traditiona...
May. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,234
The multi-trillion economic opportunity around the "Internet of Things" (IoT) is emerging as the hottest topic for investors in 2015. As we connect the physical world with information technology, data from actions, processes and the environment can increase sales, improve efficiencies, automate daily activities and minimize risk. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ed Maguire, Senior Analyst at CLSA Americas, will describe what is new and different about IoT, explore financial, technological and re...
May. 29, 2015 10:50 AM EDT Reads: 430
Andi Mann has been serving as Conference Chair of the DevOps Summit since its inception. He is one of the world's recognized leaders in DevOps, and continues to be one of its most articulate advocates. Here are some recent thoughts of his in an interview we conducted in the run-up to the DevOps Summit to be held June 9-11 at the Javits Center in New York City. When did you first start thinking about DevOps and its potential impact on enterprise IT? Andi: I first started thinking about DevOps b...
May. 29, 2015 10:33 AM EDT Reads: 508
We are all here because we are sold on the transformative promise of The Cloud. But what good is all of this ephemeral, on-demand infrastructure if your usage doesn't actually improve the agility and speed of your business? How must Operations adapt in order to avoid stifling your Cloud initiative? In his session at DevOps Summit, Damon Edwards, co-founder and managing partner of the DTO Solutions, will highlight the successful organizational, process, and tooling patterns of high-performing c...
May. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,638
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
May. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,839
The web app is Agile. The REST API is Agile. The testing and planning are Agile. But alas, Data infrastructures certainly are not. Once an application matures, changing the shape or indexing scheme of data often forces at best a top down planning exercise and at worst includes schema changes which force downtime. The time has come for a new approach that fundamentally advances the agility of distributed data infrastructures. Come learn about a new solution to the problems faced by software orga...
May. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,067
The OpenStack cloud operating system includes Trove, a database abstraction layer. Rather than applications connecting directly to a specific type of database, they connect to Trove, which in turn connects to one or more specific databases. One target database is Postgres Plus Cloud Database, which includes its own RESTful API. Trove was originally developed around MySQL, whose interfaces are significantly less complicated than those of the Postgres cloud database. In his session at 16th Cloud...
May. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,102
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile ...
May. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,817
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not ...
May. 29, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,037
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, will review next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discuss how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Speaker Bios Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has b...
May. 29, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,151
There is no question that the cloud is where businesses want to host data. Until recently hypervisor virtualization was the most widely used method in cloud computing. Recently virtual containers have been gaining in popularity, and for good reason. In the debate between virtual machines and containers, the latter have been seen as the new kid on the block – and like other emerging technology have had some initial shortcomings. However, the container space has evolved drastically since coming on...
May. 29, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,365
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
May. 29, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,054
The most often asked question post-DevOps introduction is: “How do I get started?” There’s plenty of information on why DevOps is valid and important, but many managers still struggle with simple basics for how to initiate a DevOps program in their business. They struggle with issues related to current organizational inertia, the lack of experience on Continuous Integration/Delivery, understanding where DevOps will affect revenue and budget, etc. In their session at DevOps Summit, JP Morgentha...
May. 29, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 983
SYS-CON Media named Andi Mann editor of DevOps Journal. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Andi Mann, Vice President, Strategic Solutions, at CA Technologies, is an accomplished digital business executive with extensive global expertise as a strategist, technologist, innovator, marketer, communicator, and thought lea...
May. 29, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,438
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
May. 29, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,248