|By Marketwired .||
|January 23, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/13 -- Proofpoint, Inc. (NASDAQ: PFPT), a leading security-as-a-service provider, today announced its Winter 2013 release which delivers significant enhancements to the Proofpoint Enterprise suite of cloud-based threat management, regulatory compliance, information governance and secure communication solutions. Among the features and enhancements in the Proofpoint Winter 2013 release is a new cloud-based solution for secure, compliant file transfer, Proofpoint Secure Share.
"Rapid innovation enabled by the cloud is one of the primary drivers of strong adoption of the Proofpoint information security and governance suite," said David Knight, executive vice president of products for Proofpoint. "Our Winter 2013 release continues this innovation with the introduction of Proofpoint Secure Share, the third significant new module introduced to the Proofpoint Enterprise suite in the past three quarters."
Introducing Proofpoint Secure Share
Proofpoint Secure Share is a cloud-based, managed file transfer solution that makes it easy for end users to exchange large files securely -- and in compliance with enterprise policies such as data loss prevention rules -- without impacting the organization's email systems or other IT infrastructure. Proofpoint Secure Share is designed to simplify the process of exchanging large or sensitive files while also meeting the strict security and compliance requirements of today's enterprise. Benefits include:
- Highly-secure file sharing experience: Proofpoint Secure Share incorporates enterprise-grade security controls including sender/recipient authentication, encryption, malware detection and data management capabilities.
- Simple enforcement of file sharing policies, including data loss prevention: Proofpoint Secure Share allows administrators to easily customize and enforce a wide variety of file transfer policies for data retention and file management. Integrated data loss prevention (DLP) capabilities enable Proofpoint Secure Share to detect private, sensitive or confidential information in transferred files and help minimize data exposure risks.
- End-user ease of use: Proofpoint Secure Share allows users to exchange files using a convenient web-based interface or right from their Microsoft Outlook inboxes. Proofpoint Secure Share's seamless user experience increases end-user adoption, simplifies file transfer workflows and reduces the risks associated with employees using unsanctioned file sharing alternatives.
Proofpoint Secure Share provides enhanced security and administrative control over traditional file transfer methods, existing on-premises solutions, and public cloud file sharing services. Proofpoint Secure Share leverages the enterprise-class data loss prevention features of Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy suite to automatically enforce DLP rules such as blocking or encrypting sensitive content. Recipient authentication features protect confidential information and help ensure that only valid, verified recipients can receive sensitive files.
Each Proofpoint Secure Share file link is assigned a limited lifespan with an administrator-configurable expiration time. Flexible DLP options enable blocking and/or quarantining of files that violate enterprise policies, end-user notification and reporting features. Return receipts let end users confirm that their files were delivered, while an audit trail is maintained to provide file access tracking and reporting features. File recipients can easily respond and share large files with original senders via Secure Share's web-based user interface which also maintains an audit history of file sharing actions.
For an overview of the capabilities of Proofpoint Secure Share, see this brief video demonstration: http://www.proofpoint.com/secure-share-demo. In February, Proofpoint will host a webinar featuring Proofpoint Secure Share: http://www.proofpoint.com/id/webinar-q113-privacy/index.php?id=7.
Proofpoint Enterprise Protection, Targeted Attack Protection and Privacy Enhancements
The Proofpoint Winter 2013 release includes updates to Proofpoint's threat management and regulatory compliance capabilities. The Proofpoint Enterprise Protection email security solution incorporates enhancements including:
- Enhanced custom threat and spam definitions and classification rules: The latest version of Proofpoint Enterprise Protection gives administrators more control over threat classifications including phish, bulk mail, and adult content messages, enabling more granular handling of particular message types and improving overall effectiveness.
- The administrative interface for Proofpoint Enterprise Protection and Privacy is now available in English, Japanese, German and French versions, configurable on a per-administrator basis.
- Access to various components of the Proofpoint Enterprise administrative interface is now more granular, giving Proofpoint's, large multi-national customers precise control over the rights and permissions granted to individual administrators.
In addition, the Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection solution -- which uses big data analytics and other advanced technologies to provide reliable protection against spear phishing and other malicious, targeted attacks -- continues to be enhanced with new threat detection techniques and advanced malware sandboxing features.
The latest version of Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy, which provides data loss prevention and policy-based email encryption capabilities, allows even more flexibility in creating customized DLP policies. The solution now includes more than 20 pre-defined lexicons and 35 "smart identifiers" (including a wide variety of international identifiers) to detect personal information, financial information and protected health information and address customer needs to comply with complex, global data protection regulations. Other updates include enhanced control over end-user enrollment for Proofpoint Encryption and new customization options for the Proofpoint Secure Reader web-based encryption interface.
Archiving and Information Governance Enhancements
The Proofpoint Enterprise Archive cloud archiving solution has been enhanced with a variety of administrative and end-user features including:
- New user interface localizations: The interface for Proofpoint Enterprise Archive now allows end users to select their preferred language from more than a dozen options including Chinese (Simplified or Traditional), Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Thai and Turkish.
- Delegated administration and discovery segmentation enhancements: Large organizations that use Proofpoint Enterprise Archive across a number of different business units, agencies or divisions can now limit administrator access to only those mailboxes within an administrator's scope of responsibility. This allows multi-division organizations to delegate mailbox administration to local IT staff while constraining those staff members to manage only those mailboxes within their division. Proofpoint Enterprise Archive's discovery segmentation features (which enable per-division searches and legal holds) are now available to Microsoft Office 365 customers.
- Enhanced legal discovery export capabilities: The latest version introduces a variety of enhancements to the workflow and capabilities around export of messages to PST or EDRM file formats.
- Availability of Content Collection option: The latest version includes support for the recently introduced Proofpoint Enterprise Archive Content Collection option, which extends Proofpoint's powerful eDiscovery and legal hold capabilities beyond email to a wide variety of documents. With the addition of the Content Collection option, Proofpoint Enterprise Archive provides a unified, secure and searchable legal hold repository of both files and messages.
Gartner positions Proofpoint in the Leaders Quadrant of its recently published 2012 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving. Read the full report, compliments of Proofpoint, at http://www.proofpoint.com/email-archiving-magic-quadrant.
About Proofpoint, Inc.
Proofpoint Inc. (NASDAQ: PFPT) is a leading security-as-a-service provider that focuses on cloud-based solutions for threat protection, compliance, archiving & governance and secure communications. Organizations around the world depend on Proofpoint's expertise, patented technologies and on-demand delivery system to protect against phishing, malware and spam, safeguard privacy, encrypt sensitive information, and archive and govern messages and critical enterprise information. More information is available at www.proofpoint.com.
Proofpoint, Proofpoint Enterprise Protection, Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy, Proofpoint Encryption, Proofpoint Secure Share, Proofpoint Enterprise Archive, Proofpoint Enterprise Governance and Digital Thread are trademarks or registered trademarks of Proofpoint, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Agile PMO
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- How to Strategically Benefit from AANPM
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- Web Service Monitoring 101: Identifying Bad Deployments
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- How to Monitor the Web Performance of Your Competition
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- "Cloud Computing 2.0" -- I'm Serious
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Adobe Releases Update to Patch Zero Day Vulnerability
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- As Registration Deadline Nears, dmexco 2014 Is More Popular Than Ever
- Software Quality Metrics for Your Continuous Delivery Pipeline | Part 2
- Atmel Extends Industry Leading maXTouch T Series with the Market's Highest Performance Touchscreen Controller
- The Problem with Cloud SLAs
- New Photo Sharing Service izitru Establishes Photoshop-Free Zone
- Emulex and Compuware Team Up to Drastically Improve Data Centre Problem Identification and Resolution
- The Agile PMO
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Jul. 21, 2014 11:40 AM EDT Reads: 831
The Internet of Things is a natural complement to the cloud and related technologies such as Big Data, analytics, and mobility. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Joe Weinman will lay out four generic strategies – digital disciplines – to exploit emerging digital technologies for strategic advantage. Joe Weinman has held executive leadership positions at Bell Labs, AT&T, Hewlett-Packard, and Telx, in areas such as corporate strategy, business development, product management, operations, and R&D.
Jul. 21, 2014 11:17 AM EDT Reads: 1,634
SYS-CON Events announced today that DevOps.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's “DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo,” which will take place on June 10–12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. DevOps.com is where the world meets DevOps. It is the largest collection of original content relating to DevOps on the web today Featuring up-to-the-minute news, feature stories, blogs, bylined articles and more, DevOps.com is where the thought leaders of the DevOps movement make their ideas known.
Jul. 20, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,465
There are 182 billion emails sent every day, generating a lot of data about how recipients and ISPs respond. Many marketers take a more-is-better approach to stats, preferring to have the ability to slice and dice their email lists based numerous arbitrary stats. However, fundamentally what really matters is whether or not sending an email to a particular recipient will generate value. Data Scientists can design high-level insights such as engagement prediction models and content clusters that allow marketers to cut through the noise and design their campaigns around strong, predictive signals, rather than arbitrary statistics. SendGrid sends up to half a billion emails a day for customers such as Pinterest and GitHub. All this email adds up to more text than produced in the entire twitterverse. We track events like clicks, opens and deliveries to help improve deliverability for our customers – adding up to over 50 billion useful events every month. While SendGrid data covers only abo...
Jul. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,032
SYS-CON Events announced today that the Web Host Industry Review has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Since 2000, The Web Host Industry Review has made a name for itself as the foremost authority of the Web hosting industry providing reliable, insightful and comprehensive news, reviews and resources to the hosting community. TheWHIR Blogs provides a community of expert industry perspectives. The Web Host Industry Review Magazine also offers a business-minded, issue-driven perspective of interest to executives and decision-makers. WHIR TV offers on demand web hosting video interviews and web hosting video features of the key persons and events of the web hosting industry. WHIR Events brings together like-minded hosting industry professionals and decision-makers in local communities. TheWHIR is an iNET Interactive property.
Jul. 20, 2014 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,555
SYS-CON Events announced today that O'Reilly Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Jul. 19, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,665
SYS-CON Events announced today that Verizon has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Verizon Enterprise Solutions creates global connections that generate growth, drive business innovation and move society forward. With industry-specific solutions and a full range of global wholesale offerings provided over the company's secure mobility, cloud, strategic networking and advanced communications platforms, Verizon Enterprise Solutions helps open new opportunities around the world for innovation, investment and business transformation. Visit verizonenterprise.com to learn more.
Jul. 18, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,656
SYS-CON Events announced today that TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business to business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the communications and technology industries.
Jul. 15, 2014 04:21 PM EDT Reads: 1,136
Cloud Computing is evolving into a Big Three of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. Cloud 360: Multi-Cloud Bootcamp, being held Nov 4–5, 2014, in conjunction with 15th Cloud Expo in Santa Clara, CA, delivers a real-world demonstration of how to deploy and configure a scalable and available web application on all three platforms. The Cloud 360 Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, an analyst with Gigaom Research, is the first bootcamp that introduces the core concepts of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) based on the workings of the Big Three platforms – Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, and Azure VMs. Bootcamp attendees will get to see the big picture and also receive the knowledge needed to make the best cloud decisions for their business applications and entire enterprise IT organization.
Jul. 15, 2014 02:13 PM EDT Reads: 561
"In my session I spoke about enterprise cloud analytics and how we can leverage analytics as a service," explained Ajay Budhraja, CTO at the Department of Justice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 14th International Cloud Expo®, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Cloud Expo® 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
Jul. 15, 2014 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,744
“We are starting to see people move beyond the commodity cloud and enterprises need to start focusing on additional value added services in order to really drive their adoption," explained Jason Mondanaro, Director of Product Management at MetraTech, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 14th International Cloud Expo®, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Cloud Expo® 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
Jul. 15, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,715
"We are automated capacity control software, which basically looks at all the supply and demand and running a virtual cloud environment and does a deep analysis of that and says where should things go," explained Andrew Hillier, Co-founder & CTO of CiRBA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 14th International Cloud Expo®, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Cloud Expo® 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
Jul. 15, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,918
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mac Devine, Distinguished Engineer at IBM, will discuss bringing these three elements together via Systems of Discover.
Jul. 15, 2014 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,051
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at 15th Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, Vice President, Product Strategy of LogMeIn's Xively IoT Platform, will show you how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Jul. 14, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,091
All too many discussions about DevOps conclude that the solution is an all-purpose player: developer and operations guru, complete with pager for round-the-clock duty. For most organizations that is not the way forward. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Golden, Vice President of Strategy at ActiveState, will discuss how to achieve the agility and speed of end-to-end automation without requiring an organization stocked with Supermen and Superwomen.
Jul. 14, 2014 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,789