|By Marketwired .||
|January 23, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/13 -- Proofpoint, Inc. (NASDAQ: PFPT), a leading security-as-a-service provider, today announced its Winter 2013 release which delivers significant enhancements to the Proofpoint Enterprise suite of cloud-based threat management, regulatory compliance, information governance and secure communication solutions. Among the features and enhancements in the Proofpoint Winter 2013 release is a new cloud-based solution for secure, compliant file transfer, Proofpoint Secure Share.
"Rapid innovation enabled by the cloud is one of the primary drivers of strong adoption of the Proofpoint information security and governance suite," said David Knight, executive vice president of products for Proofpoint. "Our Winter 2013 release continues this innovation with the introduction of Proofpoint Secure Share, the third significant new module introduced to the Proofpoint Enterprise suite in the past three quarters."
Introducing Proofpoint Secure Share
Proofpoint Secure Share is a cloud-based, managed file transfer solution that makes it easy for end users to exchange large files securely -- and in compliance with enterprise policies such as data loss prevention rules -- without impacting the organization's email systems or other IT infrastructure. Proofpoint Secure Share is designed to simplify the process of exchanging large or sensitive files while also meeting the strict security and compliance requirements of today's enterprise. Benefits include:
- Highly-secure file sharing experience: Proofpoint Secure Share incorporates enterprise-grade security controls including sender/recipient authentication, encryption, malware detection and data management capabilities.
- Simple enforcement of file sharing policies, including data loss prevention: Proofpoint Secure Share allows administrators to easily customize and enforce a wide variety of file transfer policies for data retention and file management. Integrated data loss prevention (DLP) capabilities enable Proofpoint Secure Share to detect private, sensitive or confidential information in transferred files and help minimize data exposure risks.
- End-user ease of use: Proofpoint Secure Share allows users to exchange files using a convenient web-based interface or right from their Microsoft Outlook inboxes. Proofpoint Secure Share's seamless user experience increases end-user adoption, simplifies file transfer workflows and reduces the risks associated with employees using unsanctioned file sharing alternatives.
Proofpoint Secure Share provides enhanced security and administrative control over traditional file transfer methods, existing on-premises solutions, and public cloud file sharing services. Proofpoint Secure Share leverages the enterprise-class data loss prevention features of Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy suite to automatically enforce DLP rules such as blocking or encrypting sensitive content. Recipient authentication features protect confidential information and help ensure that only valid, verified recipients can receive sensitive files.
Each Proofpoint Secure Share file link is assigned a limited lifespan with an administrator-configurable expiration time. Flexible DLP options enable blocking and/or quarantining of files that violate enterprise policies, end-user notification and reporting features. Return receipts let end users confirm that their files were delivered, while an audit trail is maintained to provide file access tracking and reporting features. File recipients can easily respond and share large files with original senders via Secure Share's web-based user interface which also maintains an audit history of file sharing actions.
For an overview of the capabilities of Proofpoint Secure Share, see this brief video demonstration: http://www.proofpoint.com/secure-share-demo. In February, Proofpoint will host a webinar featuring Proofpoint Secure Share: http://www.proofpoint.com/id/webinar-q113-privacy/index.php?id=7.
Proofpoint Enterprise Protection, Targeted Attack Protection and Privacy Enhancements
The Proofpoint Winter 2013 release includes updates to Proofpoint's threat management and regulatory compliance capabilities. The Proofpoint Enterprise Protection email security solution incorporates enhancements including:
- Enhanced custom threat and spam definitions and classification rules: The latest version of Proofpoint Enterprise Protection gives administrators more control over threat classifications including phish, bulk mail, and adult content messages, enabling more granular handling of particular message types and improving overall effectiveness.
- The administrative interface for Proofpoint Enterprise Protection and Privacy is now available in English, Japanese, German and French versions, configurable on a per-administrator basis.
- Access to various components of the Proofpoint Enterprise administrative interface is now more granular, giving Proofpoint's, large multi-national customers precise control over the rights and permissions granted to individual administrators.
In addition, the Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection solution -- which uses big data analytics and other advanced technologies to provide reliable protection against spear phishing and other malicious, targeted attacks -- continues to be enhanced with new threat detection techniques and advanced malware sandboxing features.
The latest version of Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy, which provides data loss prevention and policy-based email encryption capabilities, allows even more flexibility in creating customized DLP policies. The solution now includes more than 20 pre-defined lexicons and 35 "smart identifiers" (including a wide variety of international identifiers) to detect personal information, financial information and protected health information and address customer needs to comply with complex, global data protection regulations. Other updates include enhanced control over end-user enrollment for Proofpoint Encryption and new customization options for the Proofpoint Secure Reader web-based encryption interface.
Archiving and Information Governance Enhancements
The Proofpoint Enterprise Archive cloud archiving solution has been enhanced with a variety of administrative and end-user features including:
- New user interface localizations: The interface for Proofpoint Enterprise Archive now allows end users to select their preferred language from more than a dozen options including Chinese (Simplified or Traditional), Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Thai and Turkish.
- Delegated administration and discovery segmentation enhancements: Large organizations that use Proofpoint Enterprise Archive across a number of different business units, agencies or divisions can now limit administrator access to only those mailboxes within an administrator's scope of responsibility. This allows multi-division organizations to delegate mailbox administration to local IT staff while constraining those staff members to manage only those mailboxes within their division. Proofpoint Enterprise Archive's discovery segmentation features (which enable per-division searches and legal holds) are now available to Microsoft Office 365 customers.
- Enhanced legal discovery export capabilities: The latest version introduces a variety of enhancements to the workflow and capabilities around export of messages to PST or EDRM file formats.
- Availability of Content Collection option: The latest version includes support for the recently introduced Proofpoint Enterprise Archive Content Collection option, which extends Proofpoint's powerful eDiscovery and legal hold capabilities beyond email to a wide variety of documents. With the addition of the Content Collection option, Proofpoint Enterprise Archive provides a unified, secure and searchable legal hold repository of both files and messages.
Gartner positions Proofpoint in the Leaders Quadrant of its recently published 2012 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving. Read the full report, compliments of Proofpoint, at http://www.proofpoint.com/email-archiving-magic-quadrant.
About Proofpoint, Inc.
Proofpoint Inc. (NASDAQ: PFPT) is a leading security-as-a-service provider that focuses on cloud-based solutions for threat protection, compliance, archiving & governance and secure communications. Organizations around the world depend on Proofpoint's expertise, patented technologies and on-demand delivery system to protect against phishing, malware and spam, safeguard privacy, encrypt sensitive information, and archive and govern messages and critical enterprise information. More information is available at www.proofpoint.com.
Proofpoint, Proofpoint Enterprise Protection, Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy, Proofpoint Encryption, Proofpoint Secure Share, Proofpoint Enterprise Archive, Proofpoint Enterprise Governance and Digital Thread are trademarks or registered trademarks of Proofpoint, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Apple iOS and the Enterprise - Latest Developments
- Power Panel: IoT Poineers Discuss Internet Of Things
- "Cloud Computing 2.0" -- I'm Serious
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Review
- Understanding Application Performance on the Network | Part 1
- Understanding Application Performance on the Network | Part 3
- @ThingsExpo Debuts Internet Of Things Newsletter
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- The Agile PMO
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- More on OnLive: New Cloud Solution Delivers Secure Cross-Platform Deployment for Graphics Intensive Applications
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
The 16th International Cloud Expo announces that its Call for Papers is now open. 16th International Cloud Expo, to be held June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Sep. 1, 2014 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,382
14th International Cloud Expo, held on June 10–12, 2014 at the Javits Center in New York City, featured three content-packed days with a rich array of sessions about the business and technical value of cloud computing, Internet of Things, Big Data, and DevOps led by exceptional speakers from every sector of the IT ecosystem. The Cloud Expo series is the fastest-growing Enterprise IT event in the past 10 years, devoted to every aspect of delivering massively scalable enterprise IT as a service.
Aug. 29, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,209
Hardware will never be more valuable than on the day it hits your loading dock. Each day new servers are not deployed to production the business is losing money. While Moore’s Law is typically cited to explain the exponential density growth of chips, a critical consequence of this is rapid depreciation of servers. The hardware for clustered systems (e.g., Hadoop, OpenStack) tends to be significant capital expenses. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mason Katz, CTO and co-founder of StackIQ, to discuss how infrastructure teams should be aware of the capitalization and depreciation model of these expenses to fully understand when and where automation is critical.
Aug. 27, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,937
Over the last few years the healthcare ecosystem has revolved around innovations in Electronic Health Record (HER) based systems. This evolution has helped us achieve much desired interoperability. Now the focus is shifting to other equally important aspects – scalability and performance. While applying cloud computing environments to the EHR systems, a special consideration needs to be given to the cloud enablement of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), i.e., the largest single medical system in the United States.
Aug. 26, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,452
In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Hinkle, Senior Director, Open Source Solutions at Citrix Systems Inc., will provide overview of the open source software that can be used to deploy and manage a cloud computing environment. He will include information on storage, networking(e.g., OpenDaylight) and compute virtualization (Xen, KVM, LXC) and the orchestration(Apache CloudStack, OpenStack) of the three to build their own cloud services. Speaker Bio: Mark Hinkle is the Senior Director, Open Source Solutions, at Citrix Systems Inc. He joined Citrix as a result of their July 2011 acquisition of Cloud.com where he was their Vice President of Community. He is currently responsible for Citrix open source efforts around the open source cloud computing platform, Apache CloudStack and the Xen Hypervisor. Previously he was the VP of Community at Zenoss Inc., a producer of the open source application, server, and network management software, where he grew the Zenoss Core project to over 10...
Aug. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,444
Most of today’s hardware manufacturers are building servers with at least one SATA Port, but not every systems engineer utilizes them. This is considered a loss in the game of maximizing potential storage space in a fixed unit. The SATADOM Series was created by Innodisk as a high-performance, small form factor boot drive with low power consumption to be plugged into the unused SATA port on your server board as an alternative to hard drive or USB boot-up. Built for 1U systems, this powerful device is smaller than a one dollar coin, and frees up otherwise dead space on your motherboard. To meet the requirements of tomorrow’s cloud hardware, Innodisk invested internal R&D resources to develop our SATA III series of products. The SATA III SATADOM boasts 500/180MBs R/W Speeds respectively, or double R/W Speed of SATA II products.
Aug. 25, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 7,383
As more applications and services move "to the cloud" (public or on-premise) cloud environments are increasingly adopting and building out traditional enterprise features. This in turn is enabling and encouraging cloud adoption from enterprise users. In many ways the definition is blurring as features like continuous operation, geo-distribution or on-demand capacity become the norm. NuoDB is involved in both building enterprise software and using enterprise cloud capabilities. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO at NuoDB, Inc., will discuss the experiences from building, deploying and using enterprise services and suggest some ways to approach moving enterprise applications into a cloud model.
Aug. 20, 2014 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,457
Until recently, many organizations required specialized departments to perform mapping and geospatial analysis, and they used Esri on-premise solutions for that work. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dave Peters, author of the Esri Press book Building a GIS, System Architecture Design Strategies for Managers, will discuss how Esri has successfully included the cloud as a fully integrated SaaS expansion of the ArcGIS mapping platform. Organizations that have incorporated Esri cloud-based applications and content within their business models are reaping huge benefits by directly leveraging cloud-based mapping and analysis capabilities within their existing enterprise investments. The ArcGIS mapping platform includes cloud-based content management and information resources to more widely, efficiently, and affordably deliver real-time actionable information and analysis capabilities to your organization.
Aug. 20, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,747
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mac Devine, Distinguished Engineer at IBM, will discuss bringing these three elements together via Systems of Discover.
Aug. 17, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,324
Cloud and Big Data present unique dilemmas: embracing the benefits of these new technologies while maintaining the security of your organization’s assets. When an outside party owns, controls and manages your infrastructure and computational resources, how can you be assured that sensitive data remains private and secure? How do you best protect data in mixed use cloud and big data infrastructure sets? Can you still satisfy the full range of reporting, compliance and regulatory requirements? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Derek Tumulak, Vice President of Product Management at Vormetric, will discuss how to address data security in cloud and Big Data environments so that your organization isn’t next week’s data breach headline.
Aug. 16, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,907
The cloud is everywhere and growing, and with it SaaS has become an accepted means for software delivery. SaaS is more than just a technology, it is a thriving business model estimated to be worth around $53 billion dollars by 2015, according to IDC. The question is – how do you build and scale a profitable SaaS business model? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jason Cumberland, Vice President, SaaS Solutions at Dimension Data, will give the audience an understanding of common mistakes businesses make when transitioning to SaaS; how to avoid them; and how to build a profitable and scalable SaaS business.
Aug. 16, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,465
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in software-defined storage (SDS) purpose-built for Windows Servers and Hyper-V, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Gridstore™ is the leader in software-defined storage purpose built for virtualization that is designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Using its patented Server-Side Virtual Controller™ Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender effect and accelerate applications Gridstore delivers vmOptimized™ Storage that self-optimizes to each application or VM across both virtual and physical environments. Leveraging a grid architecture, Gridstore delivers the first end-to-end storage QoS to ensure the most important App or VM performance is never compromised. The storage grid, that uses Gridstore’s performance optimized nodes or capacity optimized nodes, starts with as few a...
Aug. 15, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,723
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia, the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between personal and professional social, mobile and cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dramatically improve productivity, reduce collaboration costs, and increase the overall enterprise value by bringing collaboration and infrastructure solutions to the cloud.
Aug. 15, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,724
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Aug. 13, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,598
Enterprises require the performance, agility and on-demand access of the public cloud, and the management, security and compatibility of the private cloud. The solution? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Simone Brunozzi, VP and Chief Technologist(global role) for VMware, will explore how to unlock the power of the hybrid cloud and the steps to get there. He'll discuss the challenges that conventional approaches to both public and private cloud computing, and outline the tough decisions that must be made to accelerate the journey to the hybrid cloud. As part of the transition, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service model will enable enterprise IT to build services beyond their data center while owning what gets moved, when to move it, and for how long. IT can then move forward on what matters most to the organization that it supports – availability, agility and efficiency.
Aug. 12, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,882