|By PR Newswire||
|January 18, 2013 10:37 AM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mandalay Digital Group, Inc. (OTC Markets: MNDL) today announced that the Company completed $16 million in financing during approximately the last twelve months, including a $1 million equity round completed on December 23, 2012, new capital commitments from current Mandalay Digital Board Members, and recent conversion of debt and accounts payable into the Company's Common Stock. Substantially all new equity in this latest round was priced at $0.70 per share with 25% warrant coverage. Additionally, the Company is exploring various strategic alternatives with respect to its Twistbox Entertainment subsidiary.
"We are well positioned to enter 2013. This latest financing reflects both outside confidence and continuing Board commitment to the execution of Mandalay Digital's growth strategy," commented Peter Adderton, Chief Executive Officer of Mandalay Digital Group. "We have strengthened our balance sheet which, together with new capital we intend to raise, will enable us to execute on our organic growth strategy and our aggressive roll-up of the mobile content distribution and mobile communications services marketplace. We are excited regarding the completed Logia acquisition which is already accretive to earnings. The acquisition has a positive revenue momentum with its Digital Turbine Ignite product, global contract signed with Telefonica Digital and product launch with Cellcom in Israel. Furthermore, we have applied for, and are diligently pursuing, a listing on a national securities exchange."
During approximately the last 12 months, Mandalay Digital accomplished the following:
- The Company secured new long-term institutional shareholders who currently hold equity positions in Mandalay Digital Common Stock of 5% or greater. Mandalay Digital management, Board members, 5% (or greater) stockholders and other insiders continue to invest in the company. These investors have invested more than $25 million in the Company during approximately the past 5 years.
- The Company completed the acquisition of Digital Turbine Group, LLC, the developer of Mandalay Digital's core technology platform that allows media companies, mobile carriers, and their OEM handset partners to take advantage of multiple mobile operating systems across multiple networks, while maintaining their own branding and personalized, one-to-one relationships with each end-user.
- In September 2012, Mandalay Digital completed its acquisition of the global mobile assets of Logia Group, a leading mobile content development and management solutions provider. Logia's solutions are deployed in top-tier mobile operators and content providers worldwide and include white label app & media stores, in-app payment solutions, app-based value added services, device application management solutions, and mobile social music and TV offerings. Logia has close relationships with over 500 app developers and content vendors as well as pre-existing agreements with unique mobile platforms and service providers. Logia operates in more than 20 countries, providing services including in-app billing to more than 50 leading mobile carriers including Vodafone, Verizon, Telefonica, Turkcell, Deutsche Telekom among others reaching over 1.5 billion mobile subscribers. In addition, Logia has existing partnerships with industry leaders including Amdocs, Ericsson, and Alcatel-Lucent, among others.
- The Company entered into an exclusivity agreement to explore the acquisition of mia, a leading mobile solutions provider based in Australia. mia is focused on delivering content and has extensive content licenses with major brands, a proprietary content management system, and billing integration with leading global operators such as Vodafone, SingTel, and Telstra among others.
- The Company announced partnerships with major carriers around the globe. Mandalay Digital partnered with Telefonica Digital and Cellcom Israel to deploy its Digital Turbine Ignite mobile application management solution. The Company also partnered with Indonesia-based AXIS for its Digital Turbine IQ user experience and multimedia management interface.
- The Company announced it will work with Intel Capital, Intel Corporation's global investment organization, on strategic opportunities. As part of the collaboration, Mandalay Digital signed a definitive agreement to acquire the music label assets of mobile entertainment studio skyrockit, an Intel Capital portfolio company. Intel Capital became a shareholder of Mandalay Digital as part of the agreement.
- Throughout 2012, Mandalay Digital expanded its management team in several areas and its Board of Directors. In January 2012, upon completion of the acquisition of Digital Turbine LLC, Peter Adderton was named Chief Executive Officer and elected to the Board of Directors. In May 2012, Chris Rogers, Co-Founder of Nextel Communications, Inc. (now Sprint Nextel Corporation) and several of its predecessor companies, joined the Mandalay Digital Board of Directors, and John Bendheim, President of Bendheim Enterprises, a real estate investment holding company, joined the Mandalay Digital Group Advisory Board. In September 2012, the Company added mobile industry veteran Bill Stone as CEO of Digital Turbine, LLC.
"We are very excited about our prospects for 2013," stated Robert Ellin, Executive Chairman of Mandalay Digital Group. "We now have a solid base of carrier relationships established that position us to deploy our major product suites in development, and we expect to announce additional new carrier partners in the US and overseas this year. Our plan is to continue this aggressive roll-up strategy in 2013, primarily focusing on well-invested companies with strong carrier-centric mobile IP."
"The Mandalay Digital Board remains fully committed to the Mandalay Digital growth strategy as we start the new year," commented Peter Guber, Chairman of Mandalay Digital Group. "The maturing mobile market is demanding seamless delivery of rich media. The Company is positioned to meet that demand and seize the significant opportunities created by our mobile platform and superior user experience."
About Mandalay Digital Group
Mandalay Digital Group is at the convergence of internet media content and mobile communications. The company delivers a mobile services platform that works with mobile operators and third-party publishers to provide portal management, user interface, content development and billing technology. This proprietary platform enables the responsible distribution of mobile entertainment by the mobile operators. Mandalay Digital is headquartered in Los Angeles and has offices in Europe and Israel to support global sales and marketing. For additional information, visit www.mandalaydigital.com.
Forward Looking Statement
Statements in this news release concerning future results from operations, financial position, economic conditions, product releases and any other statement that may be construed as a prediction of future performance or events are forward-looking statements which involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. These factors include uncertainties as to ability to raise new capital on acceptable terms or at all, ability to manage international operations, ability to identify and consummate roll-up acquisitions targets, levels of orders, ability to record revenues, release schedules, finalization and market acceptance of new products, changes in economic conditions and market demand, pricing and other activities by competitors, and other risks including those described from time to time in Mandalay Digital Group's filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), press releases and other communications.
Brett Maas, Managing Partner
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Mandalay Digital Group, Inc.
[video] Infrastructure as a Toolbox By @SoftLayer at @CloudExpo New York | #IoT #API #Containers #Microservices
Countless business models have spawned from the IaaS industry. Resell Web hosting, blogs, public cloud, and on and on. With the overwhelming amount of tools available to us, it's sometimes easy to overlook that many of them are just new skins of resources we've had for a long time. In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, broke down what we've got to work with and discuss the benefits and pitfalls to discover how we can best use them to d...
Jul. 28, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,935
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, demonstrated the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He discussed from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT to tran...
Jul. 28, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 305
[session] The Container New World By @KeGilpin | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps #Docker #Containers #Microservices
Containers are changing the security landscape for software development and deployment. As with any security solutions, security approaches that work for developers, operations personnel and security professionals is a requirement. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kevin Gilpin, CTO and Co-Founder of Conjur, will discuss various security considerations for container-based infrastructure and related DevOps workflows.
Jul. 28, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,032
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 382
SYS-CON Events announced today that Agema Systems will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Agema Systems is the leading provider of critical white-box rack solutions to data centers through the major integrators and value added distribution channels.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:25 AM EDT
"Our biggest growth area has been the security services, the managed services - the things that differentiate us in the market that there is no client that's too small and there's no client that's too big," explained Paul Mazzucco, Chief Security Officer at TierPoint, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 315
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share w...
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,022
"Alert Logic is a managed security service provider that basically deploys technologies, but we support those technologies with the people and process behind it," stated Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 266
"We specialize in testing. DevOps is all about continuous delivery and accelerating the delivery pipeline and there is no continuous delivery without testing," noted Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect at Spirent Communications, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 336
[video] An Interview with @ProfitBricksUSA CEO @AchimWeiss | @CloudExpo #DevOps #Docker #Containers #Microservices
"ProfitBricks was founded in 2010 and we are the painless cloud - and we are also the Infrastructure as a Service 2.0 company," noted Achim Weiss, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of ProfitBricks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,080
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 192
"We do data integration for B2B also application to application, and we do data management and enable Big Data," explained Pat Adamiak, Vice President, Product Marketing at Liaison Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 305
The Cloud industry has moved from being more than just being able to provide infrastructure and management services on the Cloud. Enter a new era of Cloud computing where monetization’s services through the Cloud are an essential piece of strategy to feed your organizations bottom-line, your revenue and Profitability. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed how to easily o...
Jul. 28, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 342
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 28, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,655
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,321
[video] Logging and Monitoring with @Sematext Founder @OtisG | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps #Logging #Monitoring
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 975
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, S...
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,028
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 522
[slides] A New Architecture for the Internet of Things By @JKirklan | @ThingsExpo @RedHatNews #IoT #M2M #InternetOfThings
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 27, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,335
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 27, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 435