|By PR Newswire||
|January 18, 2013 10:37 AM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mandalay Digital Group, Inc. (OTC Markets: MNDL) today announced that the Company completed $16 million in financing during approximately the last twelve months, including a $1 million equity round completed on December 23, 2012, new capital commitments from current Mandalay Digital Board Members, and recent conversion of debt and accounts payable into the Company's Common Stock. Substantially all new equity in this latest round was priced at $0.70 per share with 25% warrant coverage. Additionally, the Company is exploring various strategic alternatives with respect to its Twistbox Entertainment subsidiary.
"We are well positioned to enter 2013. This latest financing reflects both outside confidence and continuing Board commitment to the execution of Mandalay Digital's growth strategy," commented Peter Adderton, Chief Executive Officer of Mandalay Digital Group. "We have strengthened our balance sheet which, together with new capital we intend to raise, will enable us to execute on our organic growth strategy and our aggressive roll-up of the mobile content distribution and mobile communications services marketplace. We are excited regarding the completed Logia acquisition which is already accretive to earnings. The acquisition has a positive revenue momentum with its Digital Turbine Ignite product, global contract signed with Telefonica Digital and product launch with Cellcom in Israel. Furthermore, we have applied for, and are diligently pursuing, a listing on a national securities exchange."
During approximately the last 12 months, Mandalay Digital accomplished the following:
- The Company secured new long-term institutional shareholders who currently hold equity positions in Mandalay Digital Common Stock of 5% or greater. Mandalay Digital management, Board members, 5% (or greater) stockholders and other insiders continue to invest in the company. These investors have invested more than $25 million in the Company during approximately the past 5 years.
- The Company completed the acquisition of Digital Turbine Group, LLC, the developer of Mandalay Digital's core technology platform that allows media companies, mobile carriers, and their OEM handset partners to take advantage of multiple mobile operating systems across multiple networks, while maintaining their own branding and personalized, one-to-one relationships with each end-user.
- In September 2012, Mandalay Digital completed its acquisition of the global mobile assets of Logia Group, a leading mobile content development and management solutions provider. Logia's solutions are deployed in top-tier mobile operators and content providers worldwide and include white label app & media stores, in-app payment solutions, app-based value added services, device application management solutions, and mobile social music and TV offerings. Logia has close relationships with over 500 app developers and content vendors as well as pre-existing agreements with unique mobile platforms and service providers. Logia operates in more than 20 countries, providing services including in-app billing to more than 50 leading mobile carriers including Vodafone, Verizon, Telefonica, Turkcell, Deutsche Telekom among others reaching over 1.5 billion mobile subscribers. In addition, Logia has existing partnerships with industry leaders including Amdocs, Ericsson, and Alcatel-Lucent, among others.
- The Company entered into an exclusivity agreement to explore the acquisition of mia, a leading mobile solutions provider based in Australia. mia is focused on delivering content and has extensive content licenses with major brands, a proprietary content management system, and billing integration with leading global operators such as Vodafone, SingTel, and Telstra among others.
- The Company announced partnerships with major carriers around the globe. Mandalay Digital partnered with Telefonica Digital and Cellcom Israel to deploy its Digital Turbine Ignite mobile application management solution. The Company also partnered with Indonesia-based AXIS for its Digital Turbine IQ user experience and multimedia management interface.
- The Company announced it will work with Intel Capital, Intel Corporation's global investment organization, on strategic opportunities. As part of the collaboration, Mandalay Digital signed a definitive agreement to acquire the music label assets of mobile entertainment studio skyrockit, an Intel Capital portfolio company. Intel Capital became a shareholder of Mandalay Digital as part of the agreement.
- Throughout 2012, Mandalay Digital expanded its management team in several areas and its Board of Directors. In January 2012, upon completion of the acquisition of Digital Turbine LLC, Peter Adderton was named Chief Executive Officer and elected to the Board of Directors. In May 2012, Chris Rogers, Co-Founder of Nextel Communications, Inc. (now Sprint Nextel Corporation) and several of its predecessor companies, joined the Mandalay Digital Board of Directors, and John Bendheim, President of Bendheim Enterprises, a real estate investment holding company, joined the Mandalay Digital Group Advisory Board. In September 2012, the Company added mobile industry veteran Bill Stone as CEO of Digital Turbine, LLC.
"We are very excited about our prospects for 2013," stated Robert Ellin, Executive Chairman of Mandalay Digital Group. "We now have a solid base of carrier relationships established that position us to deploy our major product suites in development, and we expect to announce additional new carrier partners in the US and overseas this year. Our plan is to continue this aggressive roll-up strategy in 2013, primarily focusing on well-invested companies with strong carrier-centric mobile IP."
"The Mandalay Digital Board remains fully committed to the Mandalay Digital growth strategy as we start the new year," commented Peter Guber, Chairman of Mandalay Digital Group. "The maturing mobile market is demanding seamless delivery of rich media. The Company is positioned to meet that demand and seize the significant opportunities created by our mobile platform and superior user experience."
About Mandalay Digital Group
Mandalay Digital Group is at the convergence of internet media content and mobile communications. The company delivers a mobile services platform that works with mobile operators and third-party publishers to provide portal management, user interface, content development and billing technology. This proprietary platform enables the responsible distribution of mobile entertainment by the mobile operators. Mandalay Digital is headquartered in Los Angeles and has offices in Europe and Israel to support global sales and marketing. For additional information, visit www.mandalaydigital.com.
Forward Looking Statement
Statements in this news release concerning future results from operations, financial position, economic conditions, product releases and any other statement that may be construed as a prediction of future performance or events are forward-looking statements which involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. These factors include uncertainties as to ability to raise new capital on acceptable terms or at all, ability to manage international operations, ability to identify and consummate roll-up acquisitions targets, levels of orders, ability to record revenues, release schedules, finalization and market acceptance of new products, changes in economic conditions and market demand, pricing and other activities by competitors, and other risks including those described from time to time in Mandalay Digital Group's filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), press releases and other communications.
Brett Maas, Managing Partner
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Mandalay Digital Group, Inc.
Want to enable self-service provisioning of application environments in minutes that mirror production? Can you automatically provide rich data with code-level detail back to the developers when issues occur in production? In his session at DevOps Summit, David Tesar, Microsoft Technical Evangelist on Microsoft Azure and DevOps, will discuss how to accomplish this and more utilizing technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Visual Studio online, and Application Insights in this demo-heavy session.
Jan. 31, 2015 05:15 PM EST Reads: 4,196
Entuity®, a provider of enterprise-class network management solutions, today announced that it solidifies its position as a market leader through global enterprise customer acquisitions and a refined channel strategy. In 2014, Entuity increased new license revenues in EMEA by over 75 percent, and LATAM by over 125 percent as customers embraced Entuity for its highly automated solution and unified architecture. Entuity’s refined channel strategy focuses on even deeper strategic alignment with ke...
Jan. 31, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,237
We are all here because we are sold on the transformative promise of The Cloud. But what good is all of this ephemeral, on-demand infrastructure if your usage doesn't actually improve the agility and speed of your business? How must Operations adapt in order to avoid stifling your Cloud initiative? In his session at DevOps Summit, Damon Edwards, co-founder and managing partner of the DTO Solutions, will highlight the successful organizational, process, and tooling patterns of high-performing c...
Jan. 31, 2015 04:15 PM EST Reads: 4,293
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Jan. 31, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 5,473
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world.
Jan. 31, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 5,241
“We help people build clusters, in the classical sense of the cluster. We help people put a full stack on top of every single one of those machines. We do the full bare metal install," explained Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 31, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 4,295
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 4,597
In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, John Meza, Product Engineer at Esri, showed how Esri products hook into Hadoop cluster to allow you to do spatial analysis on the spatial data within your cluster, and he demonstrated rendering from a data center with ArcGIS Pro, a new product that has a brand new rendering engine.
Jan. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,978
"Blue Box has been around for 10-11 years, and last year we launched Blue Box Cloud. We like the term 'Private Cloud as a Service' because we think that embodies what we are launching as a product - it's a managed hosted private cloud," explained Giles Frith, Vice President of Customer Operations at Blue Box, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 4,273
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jan. 31, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,724
CloudBees, Inc., has announced a $23.5 million financing round, led by longtime CloudBees investor Lightspeed Venture Partners. Existing investors Matrix Partners, Verizon Ventures and Blue Cloud Ventures also participated in the round. The latest funding announcement follows earlier rounds of $4 million, $10.5 million and $10.8 million, bringing the total investment in CloudBees to just under $50 million since the company’s inception in 2010. Previous venture investment rounds were led by Ma...
Jan. 31, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,576
“We are strong believers in the DevOps movement and our staff has been doing DevOps for large enterprise environments for a number of years. The solution that we build is intended to allow DevOps teams to do security at the speed of DevOps," explained Justin Lundy, Founder & CTO of Evident.io, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 31, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 3,663
SYS-CON Media announced that Splunk, a provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, has launched an ad campaign on Big Data Journal. Splunk software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices. The ads focus on delivering ROI - how improved uptime delivered $6M in annual ROI, improving customer operations by minin...
Jan. 31, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,961
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Jan. 31, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 4,532
Puppet Labs on Wednesday released the DevOps Salary Report, based on salary data gathered from Puppet Labs' industry-recognized State of DevOps Report. The data confirms that market demand for DevOps skills is growing, and that DevOps engineers are among the highest paid IT practitioners today. That's because IT organizations today are grappling with how to be more agile and responsive to the business, while maintaining the stability of their infrastructure. DevOps practices, such as continuous ...
Jan. 31, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,500
The cloud is becoming the de-facto way for enterprises to leverage common infrastructure while innovating and one of the biggest obstacles facing public cloud computing is security. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jeff Aliber, a global marketing executive at Verizon, discussed how the best place for web security is in the cloud. Benefits include: Functions as the first layer of defense Easy operation –CNAME change Implement an integrated solution Best architecture for addressing network-l...
Jan. 31, 2015 01:30 PM EST Reads: 3,728
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Jan. 31, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 4,503
Appcore deploys cloud for service providers based on the Apache Cloud set. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Nate Gordon, Director of Technology at Appcore, shows their new product that's coming out in January - Appcore Atlas, which is focused on deploying private clouds based on CloudStack in 15 minutes or less. Our upcoming June 9-11, 2015, event in New York City will present a total of 10 simultaneous tracks (the largest conference content in the world) by an all-star faculty, over three days...
Jan. 31, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,653
In this scenarios approach Joe Thykattil, Technology Architect & Sales at TimeWarner / Navisite, presented examples that will allow business-savvy professionals to make informed decisions based on a sound business model. This model covered the technology options in detail as well as a financial analysis. The TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and ROI (Return on Investment) demonstrated how to start, develop and formulate a business case that will allow both small and large scale projects to achieve...
Jan. 31, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 3,657
IBM has announced a new strategic technology services agreement with Anthem, Inc., a health benefits company in the U.S. IBM has been selected to provide operational services for Anthem's mainframe and data center server and storage infrastructure for the next five years. Among the benefits of the relationship, Anthem has the ability to leverage IBM Cloud solutions that will help increase the ease, availability and speed of adding infrastructure to support new business requirements.
Jan. 31, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,625