|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
TYSONS CORNER, Va., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) and mobile software, today announced that it will host its 16th annual conference, MicroStrategy World 2013, on January 28-31 at the Wynn Las Vegas.
MicroStrategy World 2013 will bring together some of the foremost software technology visionaries, experts, and practitioners in one forum, presenting valuable opportunities for learning and networking. Michael Saylor, CEO of MicroStrategy and New York Times best-selling author of The Mobile Wave: How Mobile Software Will Change Everything, will discuss the future of mobile technology and how its impact will transform our lives. Featured speakers will also include Ivan Brockman, Senior Managing Partner at Blackstone Advisory Partners, the world's premier asset management and advisory firm, speaking on "The Emerging Software Landscape: An Investor's Perspective," as well as executives from a number of MicroStrategy's customers.
This four-day event will showcase MicroStrategy's leading platform for BI, mobile reporting and commerce, and Big Data analytics delivered either on premises or in the cloud. At the conference the Company will also be highlighting its disruptive new products that provide: real-time insight into consumer preferences; mobile retail commerce; robust data discovery; and effective identity management and cyber security. Conference attendees will learn about MicroStrategy's seven core product areas, including:
- MicroStrategy's leading BI Platform and why companies continue to choose it to deliver mission-critical reports and dashboards to business users via the web and Microsoft desktop tools. A large number of MicroStrategy customers will be discussing how MicroStrategy's BI products have dramatically improved their operating results or corporate performance.
- MicroStrategy's acclaimed mobile platform and how it has helped hundreds of enterprises rapidly build mobile apps for Apple and Android™-based smart phones, tablets, and other devices. The event will highlight mobile solutions for field sales reps with pre-meeting analysis, product videos, sales presentations and access to sales force automation (SFA) systems, making them more effective and productive.
- MicroStrategy Cloud™, a BI platform-as-a-service offering, and how it allows companies to deploy BI apps and mobile apps using MicroStrategy's BI Platform and MicroStrategy's Mobile App Platform more quickly and with lower financial risk than with traditional on-premises solutions.
- MicroStrategy Express™, the fastest way for companies, departments, and small businesses to build and deploy MicroStrategy-caliber BI and mobile apps without the assistance of IT. Learn how MicroStrategy Express guides business people through a streamlined flow -- from data-to-discovery-to-dashboard-to-distribution -- and is available as a cloud-based service to allow instant start up.
- MicroStrategy Wisdom™, an analytic application that provides an instant focus group of 18 million people and enables companies to derive insights that can make marketing activities ten times more effective when targeting consumer segments by using the full power of the Big Data residing in social, mobile, and cloud-based networks.
- MicroStrategy Alert, a mobile commerce application designed to help retail companies compete and win in the new mobile world by providing a mobile channel for marketing, commerce, and loyalty. Attendees will learn how this world-class mobile commerce and loyalty app can be up and running in a few weeks.
- MicroStrategy Usher™, an application that offers an effective new model for identity management and cyber security. Learn how Usher provides businesses with a mobile app that can replace plastic employee IDs and customer cards with a mobile ID which, in turn, offers a more effective way to manage workforces, provides more secure customer service, and reduces the threat of cyber attacks.
More than 25 world-class companies will present their best practices on how they use MicroStrategy to improve operational efficiencies, increase revenues, and enhance business performance. Among the companies scheduled to present are: Adobe Systems, Alarm.com, American University, Angel.com, AutoTrader.com, BMC Software, Boston Children's Hospital, Catalina Marketing, Con-way Freight, Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, Dell, Domino's Pizza, Eagle Investment Systems, eBay, Enova Financial, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, HMS, Huntington National Bank, Ingram Micro, Kinross Gold Corporation, Netflix, Novation, PPL, SWIFT, Tapjoy, The Container Store, Time Warner Cable, and Yahoo!.
At MicroStrategy World 2013, participants will be able to attend any of the 100+ informative sessions and interact with MicroStrategy's ecosystem of technology partners in the exhibit hall. Conference attendees will learn about complementary solutions and services from MicroStrategy technology partners, including: Accenture, Actian, Adastra, AirWatch, Analytics8, AT&T, Business Elements, Cisco, Cloudera, DataMeaning, DataFactZ, Datastrong, Deloitte, Denovo Services, emids Technologies, ESRI, EZ Data Systems, FMS, Fuzzy Logix, Good Technology, HCL, High Impact Technologies, HP Vertica, IBM, Indigo, InfoCepts, Informatica, Invexer Technology, iOLAP, Keystrata, Kognitio, Lancet Software, Longview Solutions, Pandera, ParAccel, Project X, Qstride, Scalable Systems, Smartbridge, Software by Design, Southport Services Group, Syncsort, Systech Solutions, Talend, TDWI, Technosoft, Teradata, Third I, Visual Crossing, and VMware.
"MicroStrategy World provides a great opportunity to hear about MicroStrategy technology breakthroughs in cutting-edge business analytics, market-leading mobile solutions, and innovative cloud services that can enhance the performance and efficiency of your business," said Michael Saylor, Chairman and CEO of MicroStrategy. "Attendees will hear real-life enterprise-scale customer case studies from leaders in each industry and take home valuable business strategies that will help them to seize growth opportunities."
Registration information and a preliminary agenda for MicroStrategy World 2013 are available at http://www.microstrategy.com/microstrategyworld/. Members of the media can attend the conference free of charge and should RSVP to [email protected].
About MicroStrategy Incorporated
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy is a leading provider of enterprise software platforms for business intelligence, mobile intelligence, and social intelligence applications. MicroStrategy's BI platform enables leading organizations worldwide to analyze the vast amounts of data stored across their enterprises to make better business decisions. Companies choose MicroStrategy BI for its ease-of-use, sophisticated analytics, and superior data and user scalability. MicroStrategy's mobile intelligence platform helps companies and organizations build, deploy, and maintain mobile apps across a range of solutions by embedding intelligence, transactions, and multimedia into apps. MicroStrategy's social intelligence platform includes a number of applications that help enterprises harness the power of social networks for marketing and e-commerce, as well as a suite of free consumer friendly apps that use MicroStrategy's enterprise technologies. The MicroStrategy Cloud offering combines MicroStrategy and third-party software, hardware, and services to enable rapid, cost-effective development of hosted BI, mobile, and social applications. To learn more about MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR), visit www.microstrategy.com and follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/microstrategy) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/microstrategy).
MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy Cloud, MicroStrategy Express, MicroStrategy Wisdom, and MicroStrategy Usher are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE MicroStrategy Incorporated
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Apple iOS and the Enterprise - Latest Developments
- Power Panel: IoT Poineers Discuss Internet Of Things
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- "Cloud Computing 2.0" -- I'm Serious
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Review
- Understanding Application Performance on the Network | Part 1
- Understanding Application Performance on the Network | Part 3
- @ThingsExpo Debuts Internet Of Things Newsletter
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- The Agile PMO
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- More on OnLive: New Cloud Solution Delivers Secure Cross-Platform Deployment for Graphics Intensive Applications
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
The consumption economy is here and so are cloud applications and solutions that offer more than subscription and flat fee models and at the same time are available on a pure consumption model, which not only reduces IT spend but also lowers infrastructure costs, and offers ease of use and availability. In their session at 15th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, will discuss this shifting dynamic with an example of a top European Telco provider. Find out how they are leveraging the power of acloud-based consumption model services to offer more value to the mass market and enable a new revenue model that embraces the true meaning of the Third Industrial Revolution.
Sep. 2, 2014 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 811
Every healthy ecosystem is diverse. This is especially true in cloud ecosystems, where portability and interoperability are more important than old enterprise models of proprietary ownership. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Baker, Server Product Manager at Canonical/Ubuntu, will discuss how single vendors used to take the lead in creating and delivering technology, but in a cloud economy, where users want tools of their preference, when and where they need them, it makes no sense.
Sep. 2, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,870
The emergence of cloud computing and Big Data warrants a greater role for the PMO to successfully manage enterprise transformation driven by these powerful trends. As the adoption of cloud-based services continues to grow, a governance model is needed to orchestrate enterprise cloud implementations and harness the power of Big Data analytics. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mahesh Singh, President of BigData, Inc., to discuss how the Enterprise PMO takes center stage not only in developing the appropriate governance model but also in collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure a successful transformation.
Sep. 2, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 876
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudian, Inc., the leading provider of hybrid cloud storage solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudian is a Foster City, Calif.-based software company specializing in cloud storage. Cloudian HyperStore® is an S3-compatible cloud object storage platform that enables service providers and enterprises to build reliable, affordable and scalable hybrid cloud storage solutions. Cloudian actively partners with leading cloud computing environments including Amazon Web Services, Citrix Cloud Platform, Apache CloudStack, OpenStack and the vast ecosystem of S3 compatible tools and applications. Cloudian's customers include Vodafone, Nextel, NTT, Nifty, and LunaCloud. The company has additional offices in China and Japan.
Sep. 2, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,406
SYS-CON Events announced today that TechXtend (formerly Programmer’s Paradise), a leading value-added provider of server and storage virtualization, and r-evolution will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TechXtend (formerly Programmer’s Paradise) is a leading value-added provider of software, systems and solutions for corporations, government organizations, and academic institutions across the United States and Canada. TechXtend is the Exclusive Reseller in the United States for r-evolution
Sep. 2, 2014 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,982
In today's application economy, enterprise organizations realize that it's their applications that are the heart and soul of their business. If their application users have a bad experience, their revenue and reputation are at stake. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior Director of Product Marketing for Application Performance Management at CA Technologies, will discuss how a user-centric Application Performance Management solution can help inspire your users with every application transaction.
Sep. 2, 2014 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 885
Come learn about what you need to consider when moving your data to the cloud. In her session at 15th Cloud Expo, Skyla Loomis, a Program Director of Cloudant Development at Cloudant, will discuss the security, performance, and operational implications of keeping your data on premise, moving it to the cloud, or taking a hybrid approach. She will use real customer examples to illustrate the tradeoffs, key decision points, and how to be successful with a cloud or hybrid cloud solution.
Sep. 2, 2014 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 779
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Sep. 2, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,800
The 16th International Cloud Expo announces that its Call for Papers is now open. 16th International Cloud Expo, to be held June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Sep. 1, 2014 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,520
14th International Cloud Expo, held on June 10–12, 2014 at the Javits Center in New York City, featured three content-packed days with a rich array of sessions about the business and technical value of cloud computing, Internet of Things, Big Data, and DevOps led by exceptional speakers from every sector of the IT ecosystem. The Cloud Expo series is the fastest-growing Enterprise IT event in the past 10 years, devoted to every aspect of delivering massively scalable enterprise IT as a service.
Aug. 29, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,251
Hardware will never be more valuable than on the day it hits your loading dock. Each day new servers are not deployed to production the business is losing money. While Moore’s Law is typically cited to explain the exponential density growth of chips, a critical consequence of this is rapid depreciation of servers. The hardware for clustered systems (e.g., Hadoop, OpenStack) tends to be significant capital expenses. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mason Katz, CTO and co-founder of StackIQ, to discuss how infrastructure teams should be aware of the capitalization and depreciation model of these expenses to fully understand when and where automation is critical.
Aug. 27, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,012
Over the last few years the healthcare ecosystem has revolved around innovations in Electronic Health Record (HER) based systems. This evolution has helped us achieve much desired interoperability. Now the focus is shifting to other equally important aspects – scalability and performance. While applying cloud computing environments to the EHR systems, a special consideration needs to be given to the cloud enablement of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), i.e., the largest single medical system in the United States.
Aug. 26, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,467
In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Hinkle, Senior Director, Open Source Solutions at Citrix Systems Inc., will provide overview of the open source software that can be used to deploy and manage a cloud computing environment. He will include information on storage, networking(e.g., OpenDaylight) and compute virtualization (Xen, KVM, LXC) and the orchestration(Apache CloudStack, OpenStack) of the three to build their own cloud services. Speaker Bio: Mark Hinkle is the Senior Director, Open Source Solutions, at Citrix Systems Inc. He joined Citrix as a result of their July 2011 acquisition of Cloud.com where he was their Vice President of Community. He is currently responsible for Citrix open source efforts around the open source cloud computing platform, Apache CloudStack and the Xen Hypervisor. Previously he was the VP of Community at Zenoss Inc., a producer of the open source application, server, and network management software, where he grew the Zenoss Core project to over 10...
Aug. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,469
Most of today’s hardware manufacturers are building servers with at least one SATA Port, but not every systems engineer utilizes them. This is considered a loss in the game of maximizing potential storage space in a fixed unit. The SATADOM Series was created by Innodisk as a high-performance, small form factor boot drive with low power consumption to be plugged into the unused SATA port on your server board as an alternative to hard drive or USB boot-up. Built for 1U systems, this powerful device is smaller than a one dollar coin, and frees up otherwise dead space on your motherboard. To meet the requirements of tomorrow’s cloud hardware, Innodisk invested internal R&D resources to develop our SATA III series of products. The SATA III SATADOM boasts 500/180MBs R/W Speeds respectively, or double R/W Speed of SATA II products.
Aug. 25, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 7,444
As more applications and services move "to the cloud" (public or on-premise) cloud environments are increasingly adopting and building out traditional enterprise features. This in turn is enabling and encouraging cloud adoption from enterprise users. In many ways the definition is blurring as features like continuous operation, geo-distribution or on-demand capacity become the norm. NuoDB is involved in both building enterprise software and using enterprise cloud capabilities. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO at NuoDB, Inc., will discuss the experiences from building, deploying and using enterprise services and suggest some ways to approach moving enterprise applications into a cloud model.
Aug. 20, 2014 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,465