|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2013 03:40 PM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event, kicks off in just three weeks and IDG World Expo today announced additional new content and highlights that complement an already full agenda of education, innovation and experiential elements. These include: the Apple Distinguished Educator Showcase, additional Tech Talks, Digital Art Gallery, iPad Sketch Station, China Innovation Forum, finalists for the Indie Innovation contest and Macworld LIVE. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. Register now!
New content and highlights include:
Distinguished Educator Showcase
The extraordinary community of Apple Distinguished Educators will come together to give attendees the opportunity to hear from inspiring teachers and administrators about how they are transforming the classroom through the use of Apple technologies. The event, produced by Computer-Using-Educators (CUE), will take place Saturday, February 2, and include sessions such as: The Future of Learning: Tech That! Extending Student's Digital Environment into the Classroom, Accessing Abilities, and Closing the Loop, Transformation Solutions with EdTech Vision, Professional Development and the Apple Ecosystem. Check out the full schedule here.
Additional Tech Talks
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 agenda boasts more than 60 new educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations and "tips and tricks" learning opportunities open to all iFan Pass attendees. Several new Talks covering a wide range of issues and questions were recently added, including:
- "iPhoneography - Meet the Mobile Masters," taking place on the Main Stage, is a rapid fire session during which attendees will hear the condensed essence of what makes iPhoneography unique and why it's bending photography in a dramatic new direction. The viewpoints will be from a diverse, experienced group of leading iPhoneographers—including Jack Hollingsworth, Russell Brown, Richard Gray, Karen Divine, Dan Marcolina, Glyn Evans, Knox Bronson and Jessica Zollman—and will frame the movement where it is today and where it is headed in 2013 and beyond.
- "Tech vs. Wild: Surviving Your Next Campout (and Other Natural Disasters) with High Tech Gear," with Chuck La Tournous of RandomMaccess who will take attendees through a fun, fast-paced look at the gadgets that can turn you into a cross between Bear Grylls and MacGyver.
- "iCloud, App Stores and other Things to Fear: Has Apple Forgotten Power Users?" Lex Friedman of Macworld headlines a panel of experts who will explore whether Apple is phasing out its support for power users. The panelists will discuss these serious issues facing Mac users today, and attempt to decide whether we should worry about our future as power users on the Mac.
- "Art Goes Digital," a special session with Alan Oppenheimer of Art Authority who will review some of the major developments in the digital art revolution and seek to answer questions such as: are we moving towards an iTunes of art? And what issues will we encounter along the way?
- "Software, Hardware and Flying to Mars. How We Built, Programmed and Operate NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover," with Ben Cichy, James Kurien and David Oh of the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, who will share their first-hand stories about how they built and operate the Mars Curiosity Rover.
- "Getting Cozy with Siri" with Joe Kissell of TidBITS will demonstrate many of Siri's clever and less-than obvious effort-saving capabilities, and show attendees how to make the most of this impressive technology. Joe will also talk to some of Siri's competitors and demonstrate a few ways in which they go beyond Siri's current capabilities.
- "Future Tech: Amazing Student Tech Projects," with Bill Wiecking of Hawaii Prep Academy who will talk about how a select group of international students is creating the future of tech with OSX and iOS.
- "iPad Integration for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)," a special session with Mark Mautone of the Hoboken School District who will provide a comprehensive insight into how the iPad is used to educate individuals with ASD's.
- "Troubleshooting iCloud" with Tom Negrino of Backup Brain, who will demonstrate how to tame iCloud on your Mac and iOS devices. Learn tips and tricks about Documents in the Cloud, synchronizing data across all devices, working with iTunes Match and troubleshooting sharing media.
Come be dazzled in 5 minutes – over and over again! Macworld/iWorld's RapidFire is all about getting "to-the-point" and teaching our audience one cool thing, really quickly and really effectively. Join Dan Moren of Macworld as he introduces each presenter to tackle one little known or little understood feature, one confusing concept, or one new approach and see if they can beat the clock to get you the data that matters. Open to all iFan Pass holders.
Digital Art Gallery
Part of this year's LIVE Zone, the Digital Art Gallery will feature digitally-created artwork from artists hand selected during a competitive online submission process, as well as from the winners of an iPhoneography social media contest. The 2013 Gallery will highlight the work of Craig Abaya, a San Francisco artist and concert photographer who also films musical artists in performance and conversation. While his roots are in the analog realm, today he photographs, films and records digitally every step of the way and uses tools of the trade ranging from MacBook Pro and Mac Mini to Aperture, Adobe Photoshop, Logic Pro and Garageband. Open to all Macworld/iWorld attendees.
iPad Sketch Station
Part of this year's LIVE Zone, the iPad Sketch Station gives attendees the chance to watch talented and experienced artists draw and design art on their iPads in front of a live audience. Sponsored by KiwiPixel and Procreate, the iPad Sketch Station will feature the work of amazing iPad artists including: Thierry Schiel,a professional digital artist, animator and international award-winning film maker from Luxembourg; Luis Peso,a professional digital artist, musician and goldsmith from Spain; and Jonathan Gesinski, a professional storyboard artist working primarily in the film industry, advertising, video games and illustration. Open to all Macworld/iWorld attendees.
China Innovation Forum
Debuting at Macworld/iWorld 2013, the China Innovation Forum, co-hosted by IDG World Expo China and TechNode will bring together more than 100 entrepreneurs, executives, developers, investors, thought leaders and industry experts from China and Silicon Valley to explore and define opportunities and challenges within the tech industry. Open to all iFan Pass attendees.
iNDIE iNNOVATION: The Search for Tomorrow's Music Stars
Macworld/iWorld teamed up with Sonicbids to find the hottest up-and-coming bands in the country innovating with Apple technologies. After several rounds of fan voting, the two iNDIE iNNOVATION finalists have just been announced—Mister Loveless and Exist Elsewhere—who best embody the use of Apple products in the creative process. The finalists will square off live on the Main Stage at Macworld/iWorld on Thursday, January 31 from 4:00pm – 5:00pm, with the winner performing as the opening act for one of the best live rock n' roll bands ever, Little Feat, at the Macworld/iWorld BLAST party on Thursday, January 31 at Mezzanine SF. Tickets for BLAST are now available. Macworld/iWorld attendees will have the first option to purchase tickets for just $40. Space is limited.
Hosted by the editors of Macworld and Macworld.com, the Macworld LIVE stage, located in the LIVE Zone, will feature exclusive coverage, interviews, demos and commentary from the world's largest Apple-related extravaganza. Attendees can stop by and participate as the live audience for segments that will be viewed by Mac fans the world over on Macworld.com. Topics covered will include everything from gaming and art to publishing and the state of Apple. Check out the full lineup and schedule here. Open to all Macworld/iWorld attendees.
Attendee registration, along with information about event passes and pricing, can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://www.macworldiworld.com/media-qualification-guidelines/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld/iWorld.
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31 – February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- The Agile PMO
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- Web Service Monitoring 101: Identifying Bad Deployments
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- How to Monitor the Web Performance of Your Competition
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- Storage Made Easy Brings Private Enterprise File Share and Sync for Amazon S3 to AWS GovCloud
- "Cloud Computing 2.0" -- I'm Serious
- More on OnLive: New Cloud Solution Delivers Secure Cross-Platform Deployment for Graphics Intensive Applications
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Adobe Releases Update to Patch Zero Day Vulnerability
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- As Registration Deadline Nears, dmexco 2014 Is More Popular Than Ever
- Software Quality Metrics for Your Continuous Delivery Pipeline | Part 2
- Atmel Extends Industry Leading maXTouch T Series with the Market's Highest Performance Touchscreen Controller
- The Problem with Cloud SLAs
- New Photo Sharing Service izitru Establishes Photoshop-Free Zone
- Emulex and Compuware Team Up to Drastically Improve Data Centre Problem Identification and Resolution
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
Cloud Computing is evolving into a Big Three of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. Cloud 360: Multi-Cloud Bootcamp, being held Nov 4–5, 2014, in conjunction with 15th Cloud Expo in Santa Clara, CA, delivers a real-world demonstration of how to deploy and configure a scalable and available web application on all three platforms. The Cloud 360 Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, an analyst with Gigaom Research, is the first bootcamp that introduces the core concepts of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) based on the workings of the Big Three platforms – Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, and Azure VMs. Bootcamp attendees will get to see the big picture and also receive the knowledge needed to make the best cloud decisions for their business applications and entire enterprise IT organization.
Jul. 25, 2014 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,416
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Jul. 25, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,456
The Internet of Things is a natural complement to the cloud and related technologies such as Big Data, analytics, and mobility. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Joe Weinman will lay out four generic strategies – digital disciplines – to exploit emerging digital technologies for strategic advantage. Joe Weinman has held executive leadership positions at Bell Labs, AT&T, Hewlett-Packard, and Telx, in areas such as corporate strategy, business development, product management, operations, and R&D.
Jul. 21, 2014 11:17 AM EDT Reads: 1,816
SYS-CON Events announced today that DevOps.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's “DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo,” which will take place on June 10–12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. DevOps.com is where the world meets DevOps. It is the largest collection of original content relating to DevOps on the web today Featuring up-to-the-minute news, feature stories, blogs, bylined articles and more, DevOps.com is where the thought leaders of the DevOps movement make their ideas known.
Jul. 20, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,608
There are 182 billion emails sent every day, generating a lot of data about how recipients and ISPs respond. Many marketers take a more-is-better approach to stats, preferring to have the ability to slice and dice their email lists based numerous arbitrary stats. However, fundamentally what really matters is whether or not sending an email to a particular recipient will generate value. Data Scientists can design high-level insights such as engagement prediction models and content clusters that allow marketers to cut through the noise and design their campaigns around strong, predictive signals, rather than arbitrary statistics. SendGrid sends up to half a billion emails a day for customers such as Pinterest and GitHub. All this email adds up to more text than produced in the entire twitterverse. We track events like clicks, opens and deliveries to help improve deliverability for our customers – adding up to over 50 billion useful events every month. While SendGrid data covers only abo...
Jul. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,257
SYS-CON Events announced today that the Web Host Industry Review has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Since 2000, The Web Host Industry Review has made a name for itself as the foremost authority of the Web hosting industry providing reliable, insightful and comprehensive news, reviews and resources to the hosting community. TheWHIR Blogs provides a community of expert industry perspectives. The Web Host Industry Review Magazine also offers a business-minded, issue-driven perspective of interest to executives and decision-makers. WHIR TV offers on demand web hosting video interviews and web hosting video features of the key persons and events of the web hosting industry. WHIR Events brings together like-minded hosting industry professionals and decision-makers in local communities. TheWHIR is an iNET Interactive property.
Jul. 20, 2014 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,791
SYS-CON Events announced today that O'Reilly Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Jul. 19, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,785
SYS-CON Events announced today that Verizon has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Verizon Enterprise Solutions creates global connections that generate growth, drive business innovation and move society forward. With industry-specific solutions and a full range of global wholesale offerings provided over the company's secure mobility, cloud, strategic networking and advanced communications platforms, Verizon Enterprise Solutions helps open new opportunities around the world for innovation, investment and business transformation. Visit verizonenterprise.com to learn more.
Jul. 18, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,775
SYS-CON Events announced today that TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business to business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the communications and technology industries.
Jul. 15, 2014 04:21 PM EDT Reads: 1,252
"In my session I spoke about enterprise cloud analytics and how we can leverage analytics as a service," explained Ajay Budhraja, CTO at the Department of Justice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 14th International Cloud Expo®, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Cloud Expo® 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
Jul. 15, 2014 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,841
“We are starting to see people move beyond the commodity cloud and enterprises need to start focusing on additional value added services in order to really drive their adoption," explained Jason Mondanaro, Director of Product Management at MetraTech, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 14th International Cloud Expo®, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Cloud Expo® 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
Jul. 15, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,828
"We are automated capacity control software, which basically looks at all the supply and demand and running a virtual cloud environment and does a deep analysis of that and says where should things go," explained Andrew Hillier, Co-founder & CTO of CiRBA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 14th International Cloud Expo®, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Cloud Expo® 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
Jul. 15, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,014
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mac Devine, Distinguished Engineer at IBM, will discuss bringing these three elements together via Systems of Discover.
Jul. 15, 2014 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,116
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at 15th Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, Vice President, Product Strategy of LogMeIn's Xively IoT Platform, will show you how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Jul. 14, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,163
All too many discussions about DevOps conclude that the solution is an all-purpose player: developer and operations guru, complete with pager for round-the-clock duty. For most organizations that is not the way forward. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Golden, Vice President of Strategy at ActiveState, will discuss how to achieve the agility and speed of end-to-end automation without requiring an organization stocked with Supermen and Superwomen.
Jul. 14, 2014 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,866