|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2013 10:01 AM EST||
In 2013, analysts are forecasting 1.2 billion smartphones and tablets will be sold worldwide, up from 821 million in 2012. The repercussions will have a widespread impact well beyond the mobile industry, changing everything from retail to medicine to manufacturing. Mutual Mobile today shared 10 predictions for how the mobile landscape will change in the coming year.
“Mobile has evolved from being a test project in the marketing department to become a driving force in a new system of engagement with customers, partners and employees,” said John Arrow, CEO of Mutual Mobile. “In 2013, mobile will continue its meteoric rise, moving beyond the confines of a handheld device to impact everything in its path.”
In 2013, the rise of mobile will mean:
- Responsive Web will become the de-facto standard – Companies will acknowledge that the process of creating and maintaining separate mobile and Web experiences is costly and inconsistent. By the end of the year, 100 percent of the top 25 most visited websites will be fully responsive, offering a scalable approach that creates an optimal experience on every front.
- Apple embraces a universal OS – Apple’s announcement that iOS and OS X will be unified under a single leader is yet another sign the company intends to create a single, universal operating system across all of its devices -- an important step towards ensuring a consistent user experience across platforms, while increasing revenue opportunities.
- Consumer electronics industry will experience significant decline – As tablets continue to add functionality, they will render consumer electronics increasingly obsolete. Point and shoot cameras, GPS systems and video recorders are just the start. New battle lines have been drawn and hardware manufacturers will have to start thinking in terms of software, or become irrelevant. Escort is a leading innovator in this space.
- IVR will fade into obscurity – Companies will completely rethink customer support, leading to the demise of Interactive Voice Response (IVR). Instead, consumers will turn to mobile apps to inquire about products and services, ultimately making call centers irrelevant. Insurance companies already allow you to submit claims directly from your smartphone. Others will quickly follow suit.
- Windows 8 will take a 10 percent share of the tablet market – Companies that have been reluctant to invest in mobile will shift their thinking now that they can integrate Windows 8 tablets directly into their technology stack. While Microsoft may have its doubters, the company has always been able to catch up quickly.
- Mobile will kill direct mail – The U.S. Postal Service is older than the United States, but by 2020 it is likely to be a thing of the past. Email is not only cheaper, but also more efficient, and now that it can be accessed from mobile devices – anywhere, anytime – the end is near for direct mail and the infrastructure that supports it.
- Voice search will make its move – Apple will enter the search engine business, using Siri to provide a voice-centric, highly UI-based search experience. Companies will then leverage this functionality to extend powerful new features to their end-users.
- Only the strong survive – Massive consolidation in the app development space will mean fewer, but more impactful players delivering strategic business solutions. Clients will transition from one-off transactional relationships to long-term partnerships focused on building the lifetime value of their business.
- Android’s days as the lesser OS are over – Thanks to Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean, Android is capturing users at a rate of 1.3 million activations every day with a newly improved UI that is more user-centric, tactile and cognitive, and tears down the walls between applications. Keep an eye on these adoption figures as Android sets its sights on iOS.
- Chief Mobile Officer takes a seat at the table – As companies increasingly embrace mobile as a strategic initiative for the company, the role of Chief Mobile Officer (and new Center of Mobile Excellence) will become the key to organizational success, bridging the gap between sales, marketing, customer support and IT.
For years, mobile innovation has focused primarily on the consumer. However, moving into 2013 there are tremendous opportunities for companies to design an enterprise mobile strategy that aligns user needs, business goals and evolving technologies. Mutual Mobile’s deep industry expertise helps organizations increase adoption and engagement, and generate real ROI from mobile investments. For more information, visit the Mutual Mobile Strategy Hub.
About Mutual Mobile
Mutual Mobile creates rich user experiences that reinvent how businesses engage the world through mobile. Combining deep design, development and domain expertise, Mutual Mobile’s custom software solutions allow clients to connect people, processes and data, from the back office to the point of sale, and everywhere in between. Mutual Mobile works with the world’s leading brands – including Audi, Cisco, Google and Philips – to uncover new revenue opportunities and increase the lifetime value of mobile through continuous innovation and measurement. Named one of America’s Most Promising companies by Forbes, Mutual Mobile is based in Austin, Texas. For more information, visit: http://www.mutualmobile.com.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 26, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,205
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,904
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,021
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 26, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,947
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 26, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,664
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Aug. 26, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,014
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 26, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,954
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 26, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,262
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 26, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,902
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Aug. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,875
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,717
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 25, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,207
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 25, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,703
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 25, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,944
Is the ongoing quest for agility in the data center forcing you to evaluate how to be a part of infrastructure automation efforts? As organizations evolve toward bimodal IT operations, they are embracing new service delivery models and leveraging virtualization to increase infrastructure agility. Therefore, the network must evolve in parallel to become equally agile. Read this essential piece of Gartner research for recommendations on achieving greater agility.
Aug. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 704
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 25, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 494
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,559
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,602
[session] Architecting for the Cloud By @RagsS | @CloudExpo @IBMBluemix #Cloud #Docker #Microservices
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 614
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,398