|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 02:11 PM EST||
BOSTON, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- axle Video, a startup focused on making media management simple and cost effective for small-to-midsize production teams, today introduced axle™ 2012, the next generation of its award winning media management solution. axle lets video producers, small postproduction teams and owners of media libraries organize, search and comment on their media through a simple web interface, without complexity or headaches.
"We were impressed with how quickly and simply axle could be set up and implemented into the video workflow for our online school, Berkleemusic.com." said Craig Reed, video producer at Boston's Berklee School of Music media department. "We began using it almost immediately to track content, support review and approval processes, and mark up raw content for rough cut decisions. The browser-based interface makes it easy for different teams to quickly find the content they need, and for our remote clients to easily review media and provide feedback"
Like the earlier versions of the software, axle 2012 is radically simple, with a browser-based interface that's equally easy to understand and use on an iPad, Windows PC or Mac. axle 2012 adds a number of key benefits to creative production teams, many of whom have not been able to adopt media asset management technology until now.
- Scalable transcoding - accelerates management, review, and approval of large amounts of media: file-based cameras help producers generate many terabytes of material, often faster than production teams can manage and review it. In response, many production / post-production workflows involve remote editorial assistants, editors, producers, directors, or clients. axle 2012 integrates Telestream's industry-leading Episode Pro so that up to 10 transcode software licenses can be harnessed for the fastest possible processing pipeline of incoming media – up to 20x realtime throughput. The whole production team can then review and select from this media, whether connected locally, or remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Finished output delivery – axle 2012 enables the creation and selection of Telestream Episode Pro processing presets from within axle 2012's browser-based interface. Local and remote axle 2012 users can initiate transcoding workflows and the delivery of finished output. Any video asset stored in axle 2012 can be sent for transcoding. Episode Pro supports a very wide range of output formats, including Apple's ProRes and Avid's DNxHD.
- Tiered storage – axle 2012 supports up to three tiers of storage: Tier 1 (Editing) for high-speed devices such as SANs and optimized NASs for direct video editing from connected workstations; Tier 2 (Parking) for nearline media file systems for migration to and from editing storage at short notice; and Tier 3 (Library) for tape and cloud-based storage options with longer retrieval times. axle 2012 lets users easily migrate their high-res media among these 3 tiers of storage, without worrying about details of the migration. Most network storage systems are compatible; axle 2012 has been successfully qualified with Active Storage, Facilis and Small Tree Tier 1 storage; Active Storage mVault, Object Matrix, and QNAP Tier 2 storage; and Cache-A and XenData Tier 3 storage.
- Support for audio, photo and print assets – axle 2012 adds support for a wide range of media formats besides video. Types supported include most mainstream audio files (MP3 and AAC); TIFF, EPS and JPEG image files; Camera RAW files from most DSLR manufacturers including Canon and Nikon; and PDFs, both single-page and multi-page. axle's simple web browser interface gives users a way to browse, review and annotate these file types.
The axle 2012 server software runs on a Mac mini, can monitor standard network file systems and is compatible with files from major content creation tool vendors such as Apple and Adobe. axle lets users view, log, comment, upload, download and review and approve material from wherever they are located and on whatever device they choose, including Macs, PCs, and IPads. Axle has also concluded an OEM agreement with Telestream under which it is distributing Episode Pro software coupled with axle. Each Episode Pro license can run on a separate Mac mini, Mac Pro or Windows system networked to the axle server, and is priced at $995.
"We are thrilled to expand our partnership with axle Video and to offer its users the encoding flexibility and scalability they need in today's multiformat production environments," said Barbara DeHart, vice president of marketing at Telestream. "Direct integration of our products provides axle users with easy access to Episode's vast range of file formats and enables centralization of powerful encoding functions,"
The network equipment vendor Cisco will be holding a webinar with axle on Wednesday Dec. 12th ( www.tinyurl.com/ciscoaxlewebinar ) describing the axle 2012 solution, and axle will be holding further, technical webinars on Wednesday Dec. 19th ( www.tinyurl.com/axle9amEST and www.tinyurl.com/axle3pmEST ). Participation in these webinars is free and open to the public.
axle 2012 is priced at $1295 per 5 users for the software, and $295/year for code updates and support; combined solutions start at $2290 including one Telestream Episode Pro license. Shipments begin December 19th. Axle has begun recruiting a worldwide network of certified resellers who are able to configure systems with the axle and Telestream components, as well as accompanying Apple hardware. Creative professionals and resellers can learn more at http://www.axlevideo.com.
Trademarked company and product names are the property of their respective companies.
axle video, LLC is a Boston-based company aiming to bring radical simplicity to media management for small and midsize workgroups. Its founders, Sam Bogoch, Steven Ryan and Patrice Gouttebel, all have extensive experience in the fields of media asset management, digital asset management and workflows for creative applications. The company's products take an "appliance" approach, to solve what has previously been the domain of highly complex software configurations and deployments. axle's first product release, version 1.0, received a prestigious Best of IBC award from TVB Europe magazine.
To view this video on YouTube, please visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7OKsNOaMQr8#t=22s
Media Contact: Stephen Beals axle Video, LLC, 315-569-9150, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE axle Video, LLC
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- Apple iOS and the Enterprise - Latest Developments
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Power Panel: IoT Poineers Discuss Internet Of Things
- "Cloud Computing 2.0" -- I'm Serious
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Review
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Understanding Application Performance on the Network | Part 1
- Understanding Application Performance on the Network | Part 3
- @ThingsExpo Debuts Internet Of Things Newsletter
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- The Agile PMO
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- More on OnLive: New Cloud Solution Delivers Secure Cross-Platform Deployment for Graphics Intensive Applications
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
14th International Cloud Expo, held on June 10–12, 2014 at the Javits Center in New York City, featured three content-packed days with a rich array of sessions about the business and technical value of cloud computing, Internet of Things, Big Data, and DevOps led by exceptional speakers from every sector of the IT ecosystem. The Cloud Expo series is the fastest-growing Enterprise IT event in the past 10 years, devoted to every aspect of delivering massively scalable enterprise IT as a service.
Aug. 29, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,133
Hardware will never be more valuable than on the day it hits your loading dock. Each day new servers are not deployed to production the business is losing money. While Moore’s Law is typically cited to explain the exponential density growth of chips, a critical consequence of this is rapid depreciation of servers. The hardware for clustered systems (e.g., Hadoop, OpenStack) tends to be significant capital expenses. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mason Katz, CTO and co-founder of StackIQ, to discuss how infrastructure teams should be aware of the capitalization and depreciation model of these expenses to fully understand when and where automation is critical.
Aug. 27, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,786
Over the last few years the healthcare ecosystem has revolved around innovations in Electronic Health Record (HER) based systems. This evolution has helped us achieve much desired interoperability. Now the focus is shifting to other equally important aspects – scalability and performance. While applying cloud computing environments to the EHR systems, a special consideration needs to be given to the cloud enablement of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), i.e., the largest single medical system in the United States.
Aug. 26, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,425
In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Hinkle, Senior Director, Open Source Solutions at Citrix Systems Inc., will provide overview of the open source software that can be used to deploy and manage a cloud computing environment. He will include information on storage, networking(e.g., OpenDaylight) and compute virtualization (Xen, KVM, LXC) and the orchestration(Apache CloudStack, OpenStack) of the three to build their own cloud services. Speaker Bio: Mark Hinkle is the Senior Director, Open Source Solutions, at Citrix Systems Inc. He joined Citrix as a result of their July 2011 acquisition of Cloud.com where he was their Vice President of Community. He is currently responsible for Citrix open source efforts around the open source cloud computing platform, Apache CloudStack and the Xen Hypervisor. Previously he was the VP of Community at Zenoss Inc., a producer of the open source application, server, and network management software, where he grew the Zenoss Core project to over 10...
Aug. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,405
Most of today’s hardware manufacturers are building servers with at least one SATA Port, but not every systems engineer utilizes them. This is considered a loss in the game of maximizing potential storage space in a fixed unit. The SATADOM Series was created by Innodisk as a high-performance, small form factor boot drive with low power consumption to be plugged into the unused SATA port on your server board as an alternative to hard drive or USB boot-up. Built for 1U systems, this powerful device is smaller than a one dollar coin, and frees up otherwise dead space on your motherboard. To meet the requirements of tomorrow’s cloud hardware, Innodisk invested internal R&D resources to develop our SATA III series of products. The SATA III SATADOM boasts 500/180MBs R/W Speeds respectively, or double R/W Speed of SATA II products.
Aug. 25, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 7,267
As more applications and services move "to the cloud" (public or on-premise) cloud environments are increasingly adopting and building out traditional enterprise features. This in turn is enabling and encouraging cloud adoption from enterprise users. In many ways the definition is blurring as features like continuous operation, geo-distribution or on-demand capacity become the norm. NuoDB is involved in both building enterprise software and using enterprise cloud capabilities. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO at NuoDB, Inc., will discuss the experiences from building, deploying and using enterprise services and suggest some ways to approach moving enterprise applications into a cloud model.
Aug. 20, 2014 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,428
Until recently, many organizations required specialized departments to perform mapping and geospatial analysis, and they used Esri on-premise solutions for that work. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dave Peters, author of the Esri Press book Building a GIS, System Architecture Design Strategies for Managers, will discuss how Esri has successfully included the cloud as a fully integrated SaaS expansion of the ArcGIS mapping platform. Organizations that have incorporated Esri cloud-based applications and content within their business models are reaping huge benefits by directly leveraging cloud-based mapping and analysis capabilities within their existing enterprise investments. The ArcGIS mapping platform includes cloud-based content management and information resources to more widely, efficiently, and affordably deliver real-time actionable information and analysis capabilities to your organization.
Aug. 20, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,715
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mac Devine, Distinguished Engineer at IBM, will discuss bringing these three elements together via Systems of Discover.
Aug. 17, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,304
Cloud and Big Data present unique dilemmas: embracing the benefits of these new technologies while maintaining the security of your organization’s assets. When an outside party owns, controls and manages your infrastructure and computational resources, how can you be assured that sensitive data remains private and secure? How do you best protect data in mixed use cloud and big data infrastructure sets? Can you still satisfy the full range of reporting, compliance and regulatory requirements? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Derek Tumulak, Vice President of Product Management at Vormetric, will discuss how to address data security in cloud and Big Data environments so that your organization isn’t next week’s data breach headline.
Aug. 16, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,889
The cloud is everywhere and growing, and with it SaaS has become an accepted means for software delivery. SaaS is more than just a technology, it is a thriving business model estimated to be worth around $53 billion dollars by 2015, according to IDC. The question is – how do you build and scale a profitable SaaS business model? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jason Cumberland, Vice President, SaaS Solutions at Dimension Data, will give the audience an understanding of common mistakes businesses make when transitioning to SaaS; how to avoid them; and how to build a profitable and scalable SaaS business.
Aug. 16, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,451
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in software-defined storage (SDS) purpose-built for Windows Servers and Hyper-V, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Gridstore™ is the leader in software-defined storage purpose built for virtualization that is designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Using its patented Server-Side Virtual Controller™ Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender effect and accelerate applications Gridstore delivers vmOptimized™ Storage that self-optimizes to each application or VM across both virtual and physical environments. Leveraging a grid architecture, Gridstore delivers the first end-to-end storage QoS to ensure the most important App or VM performance is never compromised. The storage grid, that uses Gridstore’s performance optimized nodes or capacity optimized nodes, starts with as few a...
Aug. 15, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,713
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia, the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between personal and professional social, mobile and cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dramatically improve productivity, reduce collaboration costs, and increase the overall enterprise value by bringing collaboration and infrastructure solutions to the cloud.
Aug. 15, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,713
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Aug. 13, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,577
Enterprises require the performance, agility and on-demand access of the public cloud, and the management, security and compatibility of the private cloud. The solution? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Simone Brunozzi, VP and Chief Technologist(global role) for VMware, will explore how to unlock the power of the hybrid cloud and the steps to get there. He'll discuss the challenges that conventional approaches to both public and private cloud computing, and outline the tough decisions that must be made to accelerate the journey to the hybrid cloud. As part of the transition, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service model will enable enterprise IT to build services beyond their data center while owning what gets moved, when to move it, and for how long. IT can then move forward on what matters most to the organization that it supports – availability, agility and efficiency.
Aug. 12, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,867
Every healthy ecosystem is diverse. This is especially true in cloud ecosystems, where portability and interoperability are more important than old enterprise models of proprietary ownership. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Baker, Server Product Manager at Canonical/Ubuntu, will discuss how single vendors used to take the lead in creating and delivering technology, but in a cloud economy, where users want tools of their preference, when and where they need them, it makes no sense.
Aug. 11, 2014 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,700