|By Marketwired .||
|December 10, 2012 08:01 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/10/12 --
- C++ remains the leading language across all operating systems
- New Embarcadero C++ tool-chain architecture and FM2 framework support multi-device development from a single codebase
- Supports the new C++11 standards and 64-bit targeting for VCL and FireMonkey
Embarcadero Technologies, a leading provider of software solutions for application and database development, today launched Embarcadero C++Builder® XE3, a new C++ development platform for multi-device development. C++Builder® XE3 implements a completely new multi-targeting native compiler architecture that extends Embarcadero's long C++ lineage for developers, ISVs and enterprises who need to build high-performance applications for multiple devices. The new release supports natively targeting Windows 8 and Mac OS X PCs, laptops and Intel-based mobile devices from a single C++ codebase and development effort. Plans for iOS and Android ARM mobile device support have been announced for 2013.
The new C++Builder XE3 also includes a full 64-bit compiler and VCL update for existing C++Builder customers, enabling rapid 64-bit updates for millions of existing Windows applications. The new 64-bit compiler architecture also provides some of the best C++11 language standards and library compliance in the industry.
Developers benefit from the ability to:
- Natively target multiple devices with a single effort: With C++Builder's multi-device architecture, development teams can now natively deliver applications on more devices, operating systems and form factors without significant time and cost increases by leveraging a common codebase.
- Speed development with Agile C++: Developers can use Embarcadero standard C++ extensions to speed and streamline C++ development, up to 5x faster than traditional development, with agile techniques such as rapid prototyping, PME (properties/methods/events) component-based programming and visual development.
- Achieve a new level of C/C++ standards support and compatibility: Developers can use the Clang 3.1 compatible compiler with the latest C++ language features and libraries as well as integrate legacy source code to adhere to existing and newly released standards, including C++11.
- Gain 64-bit speed, power and capacity: C++Builder's 64-bit compiler architecture generates applications that can utilize more memory and data, and directly access 64-bit APIs, device drivers and system services, enabling developers to create higher performance, more capable and more powerful applications.
- Produce visually stunning applications: Build applications with Microsoft® Windows 8 style UI for desktop across a variety of Windows® operating systems (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8). Mac OS X and Retina Display support enables developers to create the best-looking Mac apps with native user experience and automatic HiDPI display support.
C++ Still Rocking After Three Decades
For more than 30 years C++ has been the common standard across operating systems -- and it remains the language standard of choice for developers today. The majority of the leading commercial client and server software today is written in C++, including Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, Google Chrome, Firefox, Mac OS X, iOS, Oracle database, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and others. Top web companies, such as Facebook, PayPal and Amazon, also use C++. The renewed focus placed on client user experience and the use of C++ by every major OS and software vendor makes it clear C++ is more relevant today than ever.
Embarcadero's C++Builder lineage stretches back more than 15 years to when a group of developers at Borland produced the original C++ Builder platform which combined the renowned Borland C++ compiler with a Rapid Application Development experience. The new C++Builder is produced by Embarcadero, and continues to lead the market by consistently delivering a trusted solution that vastly improves quality, time to market and total cost of ownership for C++ development. Unlike other C++ tools, the C++Builder platform offers the perfect balance of agile development, standards, compliance and the ability to target multiple devices -- all from a single codebase.
"The diversification of client devices in the last several years has been a seismic event with tremendous implications for software developers," said Michael Swindell, Embarcadero senior vice president of marketing and product management. "The question for developers today is how to deliver applications across multiple devices including Windows, Mac, iOS and Android without compromising performance and user experience or radically increasing development time and cost. This is the problem and opportunity driving our reinvention of the C++ platform. With C++Builder XE3, developers can build once and deploy natively across multiple platforms. As we add additional platforms to the solution, the benefit to the developer will continue to increase."
"C++Builder is for me the best C++ compiler for Windows in the market," said Humberto Bejarano Bravo, CEO, Neural Engine. "It is the only true Rapid Application Development for C++ that lets us easily develop our own components, and has an extensive network of partners that develop many more. We can build working prototypes in minutes. Now with 64-bit support, our applications are ready for all kinds of computers and operating systems."
Immediate availability, online, direct from Embarcadero and/or through partners. Please visit http://www.embarcadero.com/products/cbuilder for more information.
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. www.embarcadero.com
Kulesa Faul for Embarcadero Technologies
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Agile PMO
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- How to Monitor the Web Performance of Your Competition
- More on OnLive: New Cloud Solution Delivers Secure Cross-Platform Deployment for Graphics Intensive Applications
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Storage Made Easy Brings Private Enterprise File Share and Sync for Amazon S3 to AWS GovCloud
- "Cloud Computing 2.0" -- I'm Serious
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- New Photo Sharing Service izitru Establishes Photoshop-Free Zone
- The Problem with Cloud SLAs
- Emulex and Compuware Team Up to Drastically Improve Data Centre Problem Identification and Resolution
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- The Agile PMO
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- How to Strategically Benefit from AANPM
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
Over the last few years the healthcare ecosystem has revolved around innovations in Electronic Health Record (HER) based systems. This evolution has helped us achieve much desired interoperability. Now the focus is shifting to other equally important aspects – scalability and performance. While applying cloud computing environments to the EHR systems, a special consideration needs to be given to the cloud enablement of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), i.e., the largest single medical system in the United States.
Aug. 1, 2014 02:17 PM EDT Reads: 593
It’s time to face reality: "Americans are from Mars, Europeans are from Venus," and in today’s increasingly connected world, understanding “inter-planetary” alignments and deviations is mission-critical for cloud. In her session at 15th Cloud Expo, Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance Strategy Leader at Cisco Systems, will discuss cultural expectations of privacy based on new research across these elements.
Aug. 1, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,171
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, will discuss the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data and analysis are providing the pull to meet customer expectations of a widely connected, multi-dimensional universe of people, things, and information.
Aug. 1, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,337
SYS-CON Events announced today that Esri has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Esri inspires and enables people to positively impact the future through a deeper, geographic understanding of the changing world around them. For more information, visit http://www.esri.com.
Aug. 1, 2014 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,433
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudian, Inc., the leading provider of hybrid cloud storage solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudian is a Foster City, Calif.-based software company specializing in cloud storage. Cloudian HyperStore® is an S3-compatible cloud object storage platform that enables service providers and enterprises to build reliable, affordable and scalable hybrid cloud storage solutions. Cloudian actively partners with leading cloud computing environments including Amazon Web Services, Citrix Cloud Platform, Apache CloudStack, OpenStack and the vast ecosystem of S3 compatible tools and applications. Cloudian's customers include Vodafone, Nextel, NTT, Nifty, and LunaCloud. The company has additional offices in China and Japan.
Jul. 31, 2014 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,396
There will be 50 billion Internet connected devices by 2020. Today, every manufacturer has a propriety protocol and an app. How do we securely integrate these "things" into our lives and businesses in a way that we can easily control and manage? Even better, how do we integrate these "things" so that they control and manage each other so our lives become more convenient or our businesses become more profitable and/or safe? We have heard that the best interface is no interface. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Co-Founder & CTO at Octoblu, Inc., will discuss how these devices generate enough data to learn our behaviors and simplify/improve our lives. What if we could connect everything to everything? I'm not only talking about connecting things to things but also systems, cloud services, and people. Add in a little machine learning and artificial intelligence and now we have something interesting...
Jul. 30, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,241
After a couple of false starts, cloud-based desktop solutions are picking up steam, driven by trends such as BYOD and pervasive high-speed connectivity. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, cuts through the hype and the acronyms, and discusses the emergence of full-featured cloud workspaces that do for the desktop what cloud infrastructure did for the server. He’ll discuss VDI vs DaaS, implementation strategies and evaluation criteria.
Jul. 29, 2014 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,686
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Jul. 29, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,786
Cloud Computing is evolving into a Big Three of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. Cloud 360: Multi-Cloud Bootcamp, being held Nov 4–5, 2014, in conjunction with 15th Cloud Expo in Santa Clara, CA, delivers a real-world demonstration of how to deploy and configure a scalable and available web application on all three platforms. The Cloud 360 Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, an analyst with Gigaom Research, is the first bootcamp that introduces the core concepts of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) based on the workings of the Big Three platforms – Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, and Azure VMs. Bootcamp attendees will get to see the big picture and also receive the knowledge needed to make the best cloud decisions for their business applications and entire enterprise IT organization.
Jul. 28, 2014 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,209
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at 15th Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, Vice President, Product Strategy of LogMeIn's Xively IoT Platform, will show you how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,851
“Distrix fits into the overall cloud and IoT model around software-defined networking. There’s a broad category around software-defined networking that’s focused on data center, and we focus on the WAN,” explained Jay Friedman, President of Distrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the Internet of @ThingsExpo, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading IoT industry players in the world.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,801
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,323
“The Internet of Things is a wave that has arrived and it’s growing really fast. The concern at Aria Systems is making sure that people understand the ramifications of their attempts to monetize whatever it is they build on the Internet of Things," explained C Brendan O’Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect at Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the Internet of @ThingsExpo, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading IoT industry players in the world.
Jul. 27, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,410
The Internet of Things is a natural complement to the cloud and related technologies such as Big Data, analytics, and mobility. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Joe Weinman will lay out four generic strategies – digital disciplines – to exploit emerging digital technologies for strategic advantage. Joe Weinman has held executive leadership positions at Bell Labs, AT&T, Hewlett-Packard, and Telx, in areas such as corporate strategy, business development, product management, operations, and R&D.
Jul. 21, 2014 11:17 AM EDT Reads: 2,048
SYS-CON Events announced today that DevOps.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's “DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo,” which will take place on June 10–12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. DevOps.com is where the world meets DevOps. It is the largest collection of original content relating to DevOps on the web today Featuring up-to-the-minute news, feature stories, blogs, bylined articles and more, DevOps.com is where the thought leaders of the DevOps movement make their ideas known.
Jul. 20, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,820