|By Marketwired .||
|December 10, 2012 08:01 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/10/12 --
- C++ remains the leading language across all operating systems
- New Embarcadero C++ tool-chain architecture and FM2 framework support multi-device development from a single codebase
- Supports the new C++11 standards and 64-bit targeting for VCL and FireMonkey
Embarcadero Technologies, a leading provider of software solutions for application and database development, today launched Embarcadero C++Builder® XE3, a new C++ development platform for multi-device development. C++Builder® XE3 implements a completely new multi-targeting native compiler architecture that extends Embarcadero's long C++ lineage for developers, ISVs and enterprises who need to build high-performance applications for multiple devices. The new release supports natively targeting Windows 8 and Mac OS X PCs, laptops and Intel-based mobile devices from a single C++ codebase and development effort. Plans for iOS and Android ARM mobile device support have been announced for 2013.
The new C++Builder XE3 also includes a full 64-bit compiler and VCL update for existing C++Builder customers, enabling rapid 64-bit updates for millions of existing Windows applications. The new 64-bit compiler architecture also provides some of the best C++11 language standards and library compliance in the industry.
Developers benefit from the ability to:
- Natively target multiple devices with a single effort: With C++Builder's multi-device architecture, development teams can now natively deliver applications on more devices, operating systems and form factors without significant time and cost increases by leveraging a common codebase.
- Speed development with Agile C++: Developers can use Embarcadero standard C++ extensions to speed and streamline C++ development, up to 5x faster than traditional development, with agile techniques such as rapid prototyping, PME (properties/methods/events) component-based programming and visual development.
- Achieve a new level of C/C++ standards support and compatibility: Developers can use the Clang 3.1 compatible compiler with the latest C++ language features and libraries as well as integrate legacy source code to adhere to existing and newly released standards, including C++11.
- Gain 64-bit speed, power and capacity: C++Builder's 64-bit compiler architecture generates applications that can utilize more memory and data, and directly access 64-bit APIs, device drivers and system services, enabling developers to create higher performance, more capable and more powerful applications.
- Produce visually stunning applications: Build applications with Microsoft® Windows 8 style UI for desktop across a variety of Windows® operating systems (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8). Mac OS X and Retina Display support enables developers to create the best-looking Mac apps with native user experience and automatic HiDPI display support.
C++ Still Rocking After Three Decades
For more than 30 years C++ has been the common standard across operating systems -- and it remains the language standard of choice for developers today. The majority of the leading commercial client and server software today is written in C++, including Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, Google Chrome, Firefox, Mac OS X, iOS, Oracle database, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and others. Top web companies, such as Facebook, PayPal and Amazon, also use C++. The renewed focus placed on client user experience and the use of C++ by every major OS and software vendor makes it clear C++ is more relevant today than ever.
Embarcadero's C++Builder lineage stretches back more than 15 years to when a group of developers at Borland produced the original C++ Builder platform which combined the renowned Borland C++ compiler with a Rapid Application Development experience. The new C++Builder is produced by Embarcadero, and continues to lead the market by consistently delivering a trusted solution that vastly improves quality, time to market and total cost of ownership for C++ development. Unlike other C++ tools, the C++Builder platform offers the perfect balance of agile development, standards, compliance and the ability to target multiple devices -- all from a single codebase.
"The diversification of client devices in the last several years has been a seismic event with tremendous implications for software developers," said Michael Swindell, Embarcadero senior vice president of marketing and product management. "The question for developers today is how to deliver applications across multiple devices including Windows, Mac, iOS and Android without compromising performance and user experience or radically increasing development time and cost. This is the problem and opportunity driving our reinvention of the C++ platform. With C++Builder XE3, developers can build once and deploy natively across multiple platforms. As we add additional platforms to the solution, the benefit to the developer will continue to increase."
"C++Builder is for me the best C++ compiler for Windows in the market," said Humberto Bejarano Bravo, CEO, Neural Engine. "It is the only true Rapid Application Development for C++ that lets us easily develop our own components, and has an extensive network of partners that develop many more. We can build working prototypes in minutes. Now with 64-bit support, our applications are ready for all kinds of computers and operating systems."
Immediate availability, online, direct from Embarcadero and/or through partners. Please visit http://www.embarcadero.com/products/cbuilder for more information.
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. www.embarcadero.com
Kulesa Faul for Embarcadero Technologies
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Apple iOS and the Enterprise - Latest Developments
- Power Panel: IoT Poineers Discuss Internet Of Things
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- "Cloud Computing 2.0" -- I'm Serious
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Review
- Understanding Application Performance on the Network | Part 1
- Understanding Application Performance on the Network | Part 3
- @ThingsExpo Debuts Internet Of Things Newsletter
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- The Agile PMO
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- More on OnLive: New Cloud Solution Delivers Secure Cross-Platform Deployment for Graphics Intensive Applications
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudian, Inc., the leading provider of hybrid cloud storage solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudian is a Foster City, Calif.-based software company specializing in cloud storage. Cloudian HyperStore® is an S3-compatible cloud object storage platform that enables service providers and enterprises to build reliable, affordable and scalable hybrid cloud storage solutions. Cloudian actively partners with leading cloud computing environments including Amazon Web Services, Citrix Cloud Platform, Apache CloudStack, OpenStack and the vast ecosystem of S3 compatible tools and applications. Cloudian's customers include Vodafone, Nextel, NTT, Nifty, and LunaCloud. The company has additional offices in China and Japan.
Sep. 2, 2014 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,351
The consumption economy is here and so are cloud applications and solutions that offer more than subscription and flat fee models and at the same time are available on a pure consumption model, which not only reduces IT spend but also lowers infrastructure costs, and offers ease of use and availability. In their session at 15th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, will discuss this shifting dynamic with an example of a top European Telco provider. Find out how they are leveraging the power of acloud-based consumption model services to offer more value to the mass market and enable a new revenue model that embraces the true meaning of the Third Industrial Revolution.
Sep. 2, 2014 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 679
The emergence of cloud computing and Big Data warrants a greater role for the PMO to successfully manage enterprise transformation driven by these powerful trends. As the adoption of cloud-based services continues to grow, a governance model is needed to orchestrate enterprise cloud implementations and harness the power of Big Data analytics. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mahesh Singh, President of BigData, Inc., to discuss how the Enterprise PMO takes center stage not only in developing the appropriate governance model but also in collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure a successful transformation.
Sep. 2, 2014 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 754
SYS-CON Events announced today that TechXtend (formerly Programmer’s Paradise), a leading value-added provider of server and storage virtualization, and r-evolution will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TechXtend (formerly Programmer’s Paradise) is a leading value-added provider of software, systems and solutions for corporations, government organizations, and academic institutions across the United States and Canada. TechXtend is the Exclusive Reseller in the United States for r-evolution
Sep. 2, 2014 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,936
Every healthy ecosystem is diverse. This is especially true in cloud ecosystems, where portability and interoperability are more important than old enterprise models of proprietary ownership. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Baker, Server Product Manager at Canonical/Ubuntu, will discuss how single vendors used to take the lead in creating and delivering technology, but in a cloud economy, where users want tools of their preference, when and where they need them, it makes no sense.
Sep. 2, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,816
In today's application economy, enterprise organizations realize that it's their applications that are the heart and soul of their business. If their application users have a bad experience, their revenue and reputation are at stake. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior Director of Product Marketing for Application Performance Management at CA Technologies, will discuss how a user-centric Application Performance Management solution can help inspire your users with every application transaction.
Sep. 2, 2014 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 828
Come learn about what you need to consider when moving your data to the cloud. In her session at 15th Cloud Expo, Skyla Loomis, a Program Director of Cloudant Development at Cloudant, will discuss the security, performance, and operational implications of keeping your data on premise, moving it to the cloud, or taking a hybrid approach. She will use real customer examples to illustrate the tradeoffs, key decision points, and how to be successful with a cloud or hybrid cloud solution.
Sep. 2, 2014 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 721
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Sep. 2, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,788
The 16th International Cloud Expo announces that its Call for Papers is now open. 16th International Cloud Expo, to be held June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Sep. 1, 2014 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,509
14th International Cloud Expo, held on June 10–12, 2014 at the Javits Center in New York City, featured three content-packed days with a rich array of sessions about the business and technical value of cloud computing, Internet of Things, Big Data, and DevOps led by exceptional speakers from every sector of the IT ecosystem. The Cloud Expo series is the fastest-growing Enterprise IT event in the past 10 years, devoted to every aspect of delivering massively scalable enterprise IT as a service.
Aug. 29, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,239
Hardware will never be more valuable than on the day it hits your loading dock. Each day new servers are not deployed to production the business is losing money. While Moore’s Law is typically cited to explain the exponential density growth of chips, a critical consequence of this is rapid depreciation of servers. The hardware for clustered systems (e.g., Hadoop, OpenStack) tends to be significant capital expenses. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mason Katz, CTO and co-founder of StackIQ, to discuss how infrastructure teams should be aware of the capitalization and depreciation model of these expenses to fully understand when and where automation is critical.
Aug. 27, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,995
Over the last few years the healthcare ecosystem has revolved around innovations in Electronic Health Record (HER) based systems. This evolution has helped us achieve much desired interoperability. Now the focus is shifting to other equally important aspects – scalability and performance. While applying cloud computing environments to the EHR systems, a special consideration needs to be given to the cloud enablement of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), i.e., the largest single medical system in the United States.
Aug. 26, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,465
In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Hinkle, Senior Director, Open Source Solutions at Citrix Systems Inc., will provide overview of the open source software that can be used to deploy and manage a cloud computing environment. He will include information on storage, networking(e.g., OpenDaylight) and compute virtualization (Xen, KVM, LXC) and the orchestration(Apache CloudStack, OpenStack) of the three to build their own cloud services. Speaker Bio: Mark Hinkle is the Senior Director, Open Source Solutions, at Citrix Systems Inc. He joined Citrix as a result of their July 2011 acquisition of Cloud.com where he was their Vice President of Community. He is currently responsible for Citrix open source efforts around the open source cloud computing platform, Apache CloudStack and the Xen Hypervisor. Previously he was the VP of Community at Zenoss Inc., a producer of the open source application, server, and network management software, where he grew the Zenoss Core project to over 10...
Aug. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,461
Most of today’s hardware manufacturers are building servers with at least one SATA Port, but not every systems engineer utilizes them. This is considered a loss in the game of maximizing potential storage space in a fixed unit. The SATADOM Series was created by Innodisk as a high-performance, small form factor boot drive with low power consumption to be plugged into the unused SATA port on your server board as an alternative to hard drive or USB boot-up. Built for 1U systems, this powerful device is smaller than a one dollar coin, and frees up otherwise dead space on your motherboard. To meet the requirements of tomorrow’s cloud hardware, Innodisk invested internal R&D resources to develop our SATA III series of products. The SATA III SATADOM boasts 500/180MBs R/W Speeds respectively, or double R/W Speed of SATA II products.
Aug. 25, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 7,430
As more applications and services move "to the cloud" (public or on-premise) cloud environments are increasingly adopting and building out traditional enterprise features. This in turn is enabling and encouraging cloud adoption from enterprise users. In many ways the definition is blurring as features like continuous operation, geo-distribution or on-demand capacity become the norm. NuoDB is involved in both building enterprise software and using enterprise cloud capabilities. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO at NuoDB, Inc., will discuss the experiences from building, deploying and using enterprise services and suggest some ways to approach moving enterprise applications into a cloud model.
Aug. 20, 2014 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,462