|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 03:00 PM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IDG World Expo today announced a full agenda of digital photography education, presentations and exhibits aimed at informing, empowering and inspiring professionals and hobbyists alike at Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event. The lineup includes: a first-of-its kind, full-day iPhoneography special event where innovators in the art of iPhone-based photography will present a variety of professional techniques; Tech Talks diving in to the latest photography apps, advanced photo editing and touch up processes, and much more; an iPhoneography Lounge where attendees can meet the luminaries who will present and showcase photographs taken and refined using Apple and Apple-related technologies; and a show floor boasting new apps, software tools and accessories that are helping drive a revolution in mobile photography. Macworld/iWorld takes place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. Early Bird registration with special pricing is now open.
"The iPhone—coupled with an explosion of related apps, tools and accessories—has redefined how photos are taken, created and shared. Not since the advent of photography has there been as much excitement about image-making," said Dan Marcolina, iPhoneography event organizer. "The iPhoneography event at Macworld/iWorld shines a light on the incredible innovation taking place by bringing together the technologies and key creatives that are pushing this rapidly growing art form to new heights. This will be the largest assemblage of iPhoneography talent and inspiration to date and a celebration of this new chapter in photographic history, the Mobile Movement."
Highlights of the photography events at Macworld/iWorld 2013 include:
iPhoneography: The Mobile Masters Sessions
This day-long special event—featuring more than 13 hours of content—will unveil and celebrate all aspects of the rapidly growing mobile photography art form and feature the largest assemblage of iPhoneography talent and inspiration to date. Attendees will learn shooting and app processing techniques from today's best iPhone artists, examine why iPhoneography is different from traditional photography, explore relevant emerging gadgets and services, and hear from top bloggers, authors and educators to get a complete perspective on what is happening now and what the possibilities are for the future. Check out the full agenda and speaker line up. Sessions include:
- "iPhoneography: Evolution or Revolution? Why the iPhone is the New Zeitgeist of Mobile Photography" with Jack Hollingsworth,an award-winning, 30-year career veteran in commercial photography currently working on a long list of iPhoneography projects
- "Street Photography - iPhoneography: from Shooting to Storytelling" with Richard Koci Hernandez, Emmy award-winning multimedia storyteller
- "The Fine Art of iPhoneography" with Karen Divine and Cindy Patrick
- "iPhone In Education - The Mobile Movement in Photography" with Richard Gray, who runs the world's first face-to-face course in iPhone photography at one of London's leading art colleges
- "Leading iPhoneography Authors: Personal Publishing Experiences and Favorite App Techniques" with Dan Marcolina and Stephanie Calabrese Roberts, two of the most recognized authors on iPhoneography
- "PS touch, Photoshop and Creative Cloud Integration with Monsters" with Julieanne Kost and Russell Brown of Adobe Systems
- "iPhone Blogs and Social Photo Networks Shaping the iPhoneography Story" with Glyn Evans and Marty Yawnick
- "iPhone Art Sharing Sites and the Trajectory of the New Mobile Movement" with Knox Bronson, founder of the only curated site for the global iphonic art movement, and Nate Park, co-founder of a leading online community for mobile artists
- "iPhoneography: Gear. Gadgets. Geekdom. - Accessorizing Your iPhone Camera for Captivating Capture" with Jack Hollingsworth
- "AppAlchemy" with Dan Marcolina
- A special "Meet and Greet Party" with Los Angeles and Bay Area-based mobile photography movement influencers, including Doc Pop, Jennifer Bracewell, Christian J. Sweet and many more.
Photography Tech Talks
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 agenda boasts more than 60 new educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations and "tips and tricks" learning opportunities with several focused on iPhone photography, including:
- "The Studio in Your Pocket," a workshop with Michael Koerbel and Anna Elizabeth James, iPhone filmmakers at Majek Pictures, will explore the latest video, photography and audio apps for both iPhone and iPad.
- "iPhoneography – Meet the Mobile Masters," a rapid-fire session with Koci Hernandez, Jack Hollingsworth, Russell Brown, Richard Gray and Karen Divine, will take place on the Main Stage and highlight what makes iPhoneography unique and why it is bending photography in a dramatic new direction. This diverse, experienced group of leading iPhoneographers will frame where the mobile photo movement is today and where it is headed in 2013 and beyond.
- "Mobile Portraits, Changing Lives: How to Use Your iPhone to Help Others" with celebrity photographer Jeremy Cowart will include iPhone Help-Portrait photography from Jeremy's portfolio on location in Haiti and Africa and examine easy ways to store photos on your iPhone for minimal equipment use, the best iPhone applications to elevate images and more.
- "The iPad for Photographers: Rate, Tag, Edit and Publish Photos from the Field" session with Jeff Carlson, senior editor at TidBITS and author of The iPad for Photographers, will teach attendees how to import photos from their camera and work with them on the iPad.
- "iPhone Photos - Don't Just Take Them, MAKE Them!" with fine art photographer Jonathan Marks, a fast-moving presentation with tips, tricks and tools that will reveal how the iPhone is not just an image taker, but a true image maker.
- "Creative iPhone Editing," a special talk with Michael Clawson of Big Fish Creations, will educate attendees on the latest and creates tools and apps for photo editing.
And Much More...iPhoneography Lounge, Instagram Challenge and Special eBook
The new iPhoneography Lounge, located in the Live Zone, offers attendees a special opportunity to explore iPhone photography in fun and interactive ways. Speakers from the Mobile Masters and Tech Talk sessions, along with talent and influencers from around the world, will be on hand to meet, answer questions, share their work and even provide attendees with feedback and advice on their own photos and ideas. The Lounge also will feature demonstration booths showcasing new iPhone photography apps and gadgets and a dynamic wall of iPads that will bring mobile photography to life with image portfolios from speakers, influencers and up-and-coming iPhoneographers.
Attendees also have the opportunity to be part of the action by submitting their own images to Instagram using the hastag #mobilemasters for a chance to have them streamed on the iPad wall. The best images from the Instagram challenge will be included in an exclusive Macworld/iWorld Mobile Masters iPad eBook, slated for release on iTunes during the event. The eBook will immerse readers in the artistic process with interactive, step-by-step examples and personal videos and portfolios from more than 50 influential Mobile Masters. This is a special way to bring the experience and knowledge from Macworld/iWorld home.
Expo Hall: A Showcase of Photography Products
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 expo hall will feature hundreds of exhibitors and developers—more than 40 percent of which are first-time exhibitors—showcasing the latest hardware, software, apps and accessories for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad. Dozens of companies have products designed to enable, expand and empower mobile photography, including:
- iPro Lens—the company's iPro Lens System enhances the iPhone camera, allowing users to take professional-grade photos wherever they go.
- Kdan Mobile Software Ltd.—a mobile software development company, its product, Pocket Snapper, is a virtual studio for taking stunning pictures on the go.
- LensPen—a manufacturer of award-winning non-liquid screen and lens cleaning accessories.
- olloclip—a quick-connect lens solution for the iPhone 5 & 4/4S that includes a fisheye, wide-angle and macro lenses.
- Topaz Labs—a company that makes video and image enhancement software for photographers and videographers.
Many more events, performances, featured speakers, shopping opportunities and educational programming are still to be announced.
Attendee registration, along with information about event passes and pricing, can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://macworldiworld.com/media-qualification-guidelines/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld/iWorld.
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31 – February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 387
The U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) has awarded BAE Systems a five-year contract worth as much as $75 million to provide enhanced geospatial intelligence technical and analytical support. The award was issued under the INSCOM Global Intelligence indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract.
Jun. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 376
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jun. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 317
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jun. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 324
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 900
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Jun. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 447
Dialogic has announced that ZVRS chose Dialogic® PowerMedia™ XMS software media server as part of its latest video relay and translation service offering. ZVRS uses Dialogic’s PowerMedia XMS technology to provide a robust solution that supports a broad range of legacy devices and any-to-any video capabilities with its flagship Z70 videophone. ZVRS selected Dialogic’s solution to facilitate a release of Z70 that met its stringent requirements for legacy device support (H.263 and H.264) with high...
Jun. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 381
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Jun. 28, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 881
"SpeedyCloud's specialty lies in providing cloud services - we provide IaaS for Internet and enterprises companies," explained Hao Yu, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 28, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 924
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Jun. 28, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,076
"Avere Systems is a hybrid cloud solution provider. We have customers that want to use cloud storage and we have customers that want to take advantage of cloud compute," explained Rebecca Thompson, VP of Marketing at Avere Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 472
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,140
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 826
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 961
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,034
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,163
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, discussed how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He also discussed how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors ...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,039
University of Colorado Athletics has selected FORTRUST, Colorado’s only Tier III Gold certified data center, as their official data center and colocation services provider, FORTRUST announced today. A nationally recognized and prominent collegiate athletics program, CU provides a high quality and comprehensive student-athlete experience. The program sponsors 17 varsity teams and in their history, the Colorado Buffaloes have collected an impressive 28 national championships. Maintaining uptime...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 606
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, a Developer Advocate with IBM Cloud Data Services, discussed...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 929
The initial debate is over: Any enterprise with a serious commitment to IT is migrating to the cloud. But things are not so simple. There is a complex mix of on-premises, colocated, and public-cloud deployments. In this power panel at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Commvault; Dave Landa, Chief Operating Officer at kintone; William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interou...
Jun. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 978