|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 03:00 PM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IDG World Expo today announced a full agenda of digital photography education, presentations and exhibits aimed at informing, empowering and inspiring professionals and hobbyists alike at Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event. The lineup includes: a first-of-its kind, full-day iPhoneography special event where innovators in the art of iPhone-based photography will present a variety of professional techniques; Tech Talks diving in to the latest photography apps, advanced photo editing and touch up processes, and much more; an iPhoneography Lounge where attendees can meet the luminaries who will present and showcase photographs taken and refined using Apple and Apple-related technologies; and a show floor boasting new apps, software tools and accessories that are helping drive a revolution in mobile photography. Macworld/iWorld takes place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. Early Bird registration with special pricing is now open.
"The iPhone—coupled with an explosion of related apps, tools and accessories—has redefined how photos are taken, created and shared. Not since the advent of photography has there been as much excitement about image-making," said Dan Marcolina, iPhoneography event organizer. "The iPhoneography event at Macworld/iWorld shines a light on the incredible innovation taking place by bringing together the technologies and key creatives that are pushing this rapidly growing art form to new heights. This will be the largest assemblage of iPhoneography talent and inspiration to date and a celebration of this new chapter in photographic history, the Mobile Movement."
Highlights of the photography events at Macworld/iWorld 2013 include:
iPhoneography: The Mobile Masters Sessions
This day-long special event—featuring more than 13 hours of content—will unveil and celebrate all aspects of the rapidly growing mobile photography art form and feature the largest assemblage of iPhoneography talent and inspiration to date. Attendees will learn shooting and app processing techniques from today's best iPhone artists, examine why iPhoneography is different from traditional photography, explore relevant emerging gadgets and services, and hear from top bloggers, authors and educators to get a complete perspective on what is happening now and what the possibilities are for the future. Check out the full agenda and speaker line up. Sessions include:
- "iPhoneography: Evolution or Revolution? Why the iPhone is the New Zeitgeist of Mobile Photography" with Jack Hollingsworth,an award-winning, 30-year career veteran in commercial photography currently working on a long list of iPhoneography projects
- "Street Photography - iPhoneography: from Shooting to Storytelling" with Richard Koci Hernandez, Emmy award-winning multimedia storyteller
- "The Fine Art of iPhoneography" with Karen Divine and Cindy Patrick
- "iPhone In Education - The Mobile Movement in Photography" with Richard Gray, who runs the world's first face-to-face course in iPhone photography at one of London's leading art colleges
- "Leading iPhoneography Authors: Personal Publishing Experiences and Favorite App Techniques" with Dan Marcolina and Stephanie Calabrese Roberts, two of the most recognized authors on iPhoneography
- "PS touch, Photoshop and Creative Cloud Integration with Monsters" with Julieanne Kost and Russell Brown of Adobe Systems
- "iPhone Blogs and Social Photo Networks Shaping the iPhoneography Story" with Glyn Evans and Marty Yawnick
- "iPhone Art Sharing Sites and the Trajectory of the New Mobile Movement" with Knox Bronson, founder of the only curated site for the global iphonic art movement, and Nate Park, co-founder of a leading online community for mobile artists
- "iPhoneography: Gear. Gadgets. Geekdom. - Accessorizing Your iPhone Camera for Captivating Capture" with Jack Hollingsworth
- "AppAlchemy" with Dan Marcolina
- A special "Meet and Greet Party" with Los Angeles and Bay Area-based mobile photography movement influencers, including Doc Pop, Jennifer Bracewell, Christian J. Sweet and many more.
Photography Tech Talks
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 agenda boasts more than 60 new educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations and "tips and tricks" learning opportunities with several focused on iPhone photography, including:
- "The Studio in Your Pocket," a workshop with Michael Koerbel and Anna Elizabeth James, iPhone filmmakers at Majek Pictures, will explore the latest video, photography and audio apps for both iPhone and iPad.
- "iPhoneography – Meet the Mobile Masters," a rapid-fire session with Koci Hernandez, Jack Hollingsworth, Russell Brown, Richard Gray and Karen Divine, will take place on the Main Stage and highlight what makes iPhoneography unique and why it is bending photography in a dramatic new direction. This diverse, experienced group of leading iPhoneographers will frame where the mobile photo movement is today and where it is headed in 2013 and beyond.
- "Mobile Portraits, Changing Lives: How to Use Your iPhone to Help Others" with celebrity photographer Jeremy Cowart will include iPhone Help-Portrait photography from Jeremy's portfolio on location in Haiti and Africa and examine easy ways to store photos on your iPhone for minimal equipment use, the best iPhone applications to elevate images and more.
- "The iPad for Photographers: Rate, Tag, Edit and Publish Photos from the Field" session with Jeff Carlson, senior editor at TidBITS and author of The iPad for Photographers, will teach attendees how to import photos from their camera and work with them on the iPad.
- "iPhone Photos - Don't Just Take Them, MAKE Them!" with fine art photographer Jonathan Marks, a fast-moving presentation with tips, tricks and tools that will reveal how the iPhone is not just an image taker, but a true image maker.
- "Creative iPhone Editing," a special talk with Michael Clawson of Big Fish Creations, will educate attendees on the latest and creates tools and apps for photo editing.
And Much More...iPhoneography Lounge, Instagram Challenge and Special eBook
The new iPhoneography Lounge, located in the Live Zone, offers attendees a special opportunity to explore iPhone photography in fun and interactive ways. Speakers from the Mobile Masters and Tech Talk sessions, along with talent and influencers from around the world, will be on hand to meet, answer questions, share their work and even provide attendees with feedback and advice on their own photos and ideas. The Lounge also will feature demonstration booths showcasing new iPhone photography apps and gadgets and a dynamic wall of iPads that will bring mobile photography to life with image portfolios from speakers, influencers and up-and-coming iPhoneographers.
Attendees also have the opportunity to be part of the action by submitting their own images to Instagram using the hastag #mobilemasters for a chance to have them streamed on the iPad wall. The best images from the Instagram challenge will be included in an exclusive Macworld/iWorld Mobile Masters iPad eBook, slated for release on iTunes during the event. The eBook will immerse readers in the artistic process with interactive, step-by-step examples and personal videos and portfolios from more than 50 influential Mobile Masters. This is a special way to bring the experience and knowledge from Macworld/iWorld home.
Expo Hall: A Showcase of Photography Products
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 expo hall will feature hundreds of exhibitors and developers—more than 40 percent of which are first-time exhibitors—showcasing the latest hardware, software, apps and accessories for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad. Dozens of companies have products designed to enable, expand and empower mobile photography, including:
- iPro Lens—the company's iPro Lens System enhances the iPhone camera, allowing users to take professional-grade photos wherever they go.
- Kdan Mobile Software Ltd.—a mobile software development company, its product, Pocket Snapper, is a virtual studio for taking stunning pictures on the go.
- LensPen—a manufacturer of award-winning non-liquid screen and lens cleaning accessories.
- olloclip—a quick-connect lens solution for the iPhone 5 & 4/4S that includes a fisheye, wide-angle and macro lenses.
- Topaz Labs—a company that makes video and image enhancement software for photographers and videographers.
Many more events, performances, featured speakers, shopping opportunities and educational programming are still to be announced.
Attendee registration, along with information about event passes and pricing, can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://macworldiworld.com/media-qualification-guidelines/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld/iWorld.
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31 – February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Apple iOS and the Enterprise - Latest Developments
- Power Panel: IoT Poineers Discuss Internet Of Things
- "Cloud Computing 2.0" -- I'm Serious
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Review
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Understanding Application Performance on the Network | Part 1
- Understanding Application Performance on the Network | Part 3
- @ThingsExpo Debuts Internet Of Things Newsletter
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- The Agile PMO
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- More on OnLive: New Cloud Solution Delivers Secure Cross-Platform Deployment for Graphics Intensive Applications
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
14th International Cloud Expo, held on June 10–12, 2014 at the Javits Center in New York City, featured three content-packed days with a rich array of sessions about the business and technical value of cloud computing, Internet of Things, Big Data, and DevOps led by exceptional speakers from every sector of the IT ecosystem. The Cloud Expo series is the fastest-growing Enterprise IT event in the past 10 years, devoted to every aspect of delivering massively scalable enterprise IT as a service.
Aug. 29, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,151
Hardware will never be more valuable than on the day it hits your loading dock. Each day new servers are not deployed to production the business is losing money. While Moore’s Law is typically cited to explain the exponential density growth of chips, a critical consequence of this is rapid depreciation of servers. The hardware for clustered systems (e.g., Hadoop, OpenStack) tends to be significant capital expenses. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mason Katz, CTO and co-founder of StackIQ, to discuss how infrastructure teams should be aware of the capitalization and depreciation model of these expenses to fully understand when and where automation is critical.
Aug. 27, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,800
Over the last few years the healthcare ecosystem has revolved around innovations in Electronic Health Record (HER) based systems. This evolution has helped us achieve much desired interoperability. Now the focus is shifting to other equally important aspects – scalability and performance. While applying cloud computing environments to the EHR systems, a special consideration needs to be given to the cloud enablement of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), i.e., the largest single medical system in the United States.
Aug. 26, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,431
In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Hinkle, Senior Director, Open Source Solutions at Citrix Systems Inc., will provide overview of the open source software that can be used to deploy and manage a cloud computing environment. He will include information on storage, networking(e.g., OpenDaylight) and compute virtualization (Xen, KVM, LXC) and the orchestration(Apache CloudStack, OpenStack) of the three to build their own cloud services. Speaker Bio: Mark Hinkle is the Senior Director, Open Source Solutions, at Citrix Systems Inc. He joined Citrix as a result of their July 2011 acquisition of Cloud.com where he was their Vice President of Community. He is currently responsible for Citrix open source efforts around the open source cloud computing platform, Apache CloudStack and the Xen Hypervisor. Previously he was the VP of Community at Zenoss Inc., a producer of the open source application, server, and network management software, where he grew the Zenoss Core project to over 10...
Aug. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,410
Most of today’s hardware manufacturers are building servers with at least one SATA Port, but not every systems engineer utilizes them. This is considered a loss in the game of maximizing potential storage space in a fixed unit. The SATADOM Series was created by Innodisk as a high-performance, small form factor boot drive with low power consumption to be plugged into the unused SATA port on your server board as an alternative to hard drive or USB boot-up. Built for 1U systems, this powerful device is smaller than a one dollar coin, and frees up otherwise dead space on your motherboard. To meet the requirements of tomorrow’s cloud hardware, Innodisk invested internal R&D resources to develop our SATA III series of products. The SATA III SATADOM boasts 500/180MBs R/W Speeds respectively, or double R/W Speed of SATA II products.
Aug. 25, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 7,283
As more applications and services move "to the cloud" (public or on-premise) cloud environments are increasingly adopting and building out traditional enterprise features. This in turn is enabling and encouraging cloud adoption from enterprise users. In many ways the definition is blurring as features like continuous operation, geo-distribution or on-demand capacity become the norm. NuoDB is involved in both building enterprise software and using enterprise cloud capabilities. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO at NuoDB, Inc., will discuss the experiences from building, deploying and using enterprise services and suggest some ways to approach moving enterprise applications into a cloud model.
Aug. 20, 2014 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,432
Until recently, many organizations required specialized departments to perform mapping and geospatial analysis, and they used Esri on-premise solutions for that work. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dave Peters, author of the Esri Press book Building a GIS, System Architecture Design Strategies for Managers, will discuss how Esri has successfully included the cloud as a fully integrated SaaS expansion of the ArcGIS mapping platform. Organizations that have incorporated Esri cloud-based applications and content within their business models are reaping huge benefits by directly leveraging cloud-based mapping and analysis capabilities within their existing enterprise investments. The ArcGIS mapping platform includes cloud-based content management and information resources to more widely, efficiently, and affordably deliver real-time actionable information and analysis capabilities to your organization.
Aug. 20, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,721
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mac Devine, Distinguished Engineer at IBM, will discuss bringing these three elements together via Systems of Discover.
Aug. 17, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,306
Cloud and Big Data present unique dilemmas: embracing the benefits of these new technologies while maintaining the security of your organization’s assets. When an outside party owns, controls and manages your infrastructure and computational resources, how can you be assured that sensitive data remains private and secure? How do you best protect data in mixed use cloud and big data infrastructure sets? Can you still satisfy the full range of reporting, compliance and regulatory requirements? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Derek Tumulak, Vice President of Product Management at Vormetric, will discuss how to address data security in cloud and Big Data environments so that your organization isn’t next week’s data breach headline.
Aug. 16, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,894
The cloud is everywhere and growing, and with it SaaS has become an accepted means for software delivery. SaaS is more than just a technology, it is a thriving business model estimated to be worth around $53 billion dollars by 2015, according to IDC. The question is – how do you build and scale a profitable SaaS business model? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jason Cumberland, Vice President, SaaS Solutions at Dimension Data, will give the audience an understanding of common mistakes businesses make when transitioning to SaaS; how to avoid them; and how to build a profitable and scalable SaaS business.
Aug. 16, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,454
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in software-defined storage (SDS) purpose-built for Windows Servers and Hyper-V, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Gridstore™ is the leader in software-defined storage purpose built for virtualization that is designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Using its patented Server-Side Virtual Controller™ Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender effect and accelerate applications Gridstore delivers vmOptimized™ Storage that self-optimizes to each application or VM across both virtual and physical environments. Leveraging a grid architecture, Gridstore delivers the first end-to-end storage QoS to ensure the most important App or VM performance is never compromised. The storage grid, that uses Gridstore’s performance optimized nodes or capacity optimized nodes, starts with as few a...
Aug. 15, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,716
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia, the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between personal and professional social, mobile and cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dramatically improve productivity, reduce collaboration costs, and increase the overall enterprise value by bringing collaboration and infrastructure solutions to the cloud.
Aug. 15, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,716
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Aug. 13, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,581
Enterprises require the performance, agility and on-demand access of the public cloud, and the management, security and compatibility of the private cloud. The solution? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Simone Brunozzi, VP and Chief Technologist(global role) for VMware, will explore how to unlock the power of the hybrid cloud and the steps to get there. He'll discuss the challenges that conventional approaches to both public and private cloud computing, and outline the tough decisions that must be made to accelerate the journey to the hybrid cloud. As part of the transition, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service model will enable enterprise IT to build services beyond their data center while owning what gets moved, when to move it, and for how long. IT can then move forward on what matters most to the organization that it supports – availability, agility and efficiency.
Aug. 12, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,869
Every healthy ecosystem is diverse. This is especially true in cloud ecosystems, where portability and interoperability are more important than old enterprise models of proprietary ownership. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Baker, Server Product Manager at Canonical/Ubuntu, will discuss how single vendors used to take the lead in creating and delivering technology, but in a cloud economy, where users want tools of their preference, when and where they need them, it makes no sense.
Aug. 11, 2014 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,701