|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 03:00 PM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IDG World Expo today announced a full agenda of digital photography education, presentations and exhibits aimed at informing, empowering and inspiring professionals and hobbyists alike at Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event. The lineup includes: a first-of-its kind, full-day iPhoneography special event where innovators in the art of iPhone-based photography will present a variety of professional techniques; Tech Talks diving in to the latest photography apps, advanced photo editing and touch up processes, and much more; an iPhoneography Lounge where attendees can meet the luminaries who will present and showcase photographs taken and refined using Apple and Apple-related technologies; and a show floor boasting new apps, software tools and accessories that are helping drive a revolution in mobile photography. Macworld/iWorld takes place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. Early Bird registration with special pricing is now open.
"The iPhone—coupled with an explosion of related apps, tools and accessories—has redefined how photos are taken, created and shared. Not since the advent of photography has there been as much excitement about image-making," said Dan Marcolina, iPhoneography event organizer. "The iPhoneography event at Macworld/iWorld shines a light on the incredible innovation taking place by bringing together the technologies and key creatives that are pushing this rapidly growing art form to new heights. This will be the largest assemblage of iPhoneography talent and inspiration to date and a celebration of this new chapter in photographic history, the Mobile Movement."
Highlights of the photography events at Macworld/iWorld 2013 include:
iPhoneography: The Mobile Masters Sessions
This day-long special event—featuring more than 13 hours of content—will unveil and celebrate all aspects of the rapidly growing mobile photography art form and feature the largest assemblage of iPhoneography talent and inspiration to date. Attendees will learn shooting and app processing techniques from today's best iPhone artists, examine why iPhoneography is different from traditional photography, explore relevant emerging gadgets and services, and hear from top bloggers, authors and educators to get a complete perspective on what is happening now and what the possibilities are for the future. Check out the full agenda and speaker line up. Sessions include:
- "iPhoneography: Evolution or Revolution? Why the iPhone is the New Zeitgeist of Mobile Photography" with Jack Hollingsworth,an award-winning, 30-year career veteran in commercial photography currently working on a long list of iPhoneography projects
- "Street Photography - iPhoneography: from Shooting to Storytelling" with Richard Koci Hernandez, Emmy award-winning multimedia storyteller
- "The Fine Art of iPhoneography" with Karen Divine and Cindy Patrick
- "iPhone In Education - The Mobile Movement in Photography" with Richard Gray, who runs the world's first face-to-face course in iPhone photography at one of London's leading art colleges
- "Leading iPhoneography Authors: Personal Publishing Experiences and Favorite App Techniques" with Dan Marcolina and Stephanie Calabrese Roberts, two of the most recognized authors on iPhoneography
- "PS touch, Photoshop and Creative Cloud Integration with Monsters" with Julieanne Kost and Russell Brown of Adobe Systems
- "iPhone Blogs and Social Photo Networks Shaping the iPhoneography Story" with Glyn Evans and Marty Yawnick
- "iPhone Art Sharing Sites and the Trajectory of the New Mobile Movement" with Knox Bronson, founder of the only curated site for the global iphonic art movement, and Nate Park, co-founder of a leading online community for mobile artists
- "iPhoneography: Gear. Gadgets. Geekdom. - Accessorizing Your iPhone Camera for Captivating Capture" with Jack Hollingsworth
- "AppAlchemy" with Dan Marcolina
- A special "Meet and Greet Party" with Los Angeles and Bay Area-based mobile photography movement influencers, including Doc Pop, Jennifer Bracewell, Christian J. Sweet and many more.
Photography Tech Talks
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 agenda boasts more than 60 new educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations and "tips and tricks" learning opportunities with several focused on iPhone photography, including:
- "The Studio in Your Pocket," a workshop with Michael Koerbel and Anna Elizabeth James, iPhone filmmakers at Majek Pictures, will explore the latest video, photography and audio apps for both iPhone and iPad.
- "iPhoneography – Meet the Mobile Masters," a rapid-fire session with Koci Hernandez, Jack Hollingsworth, Russell Brown, Richard Gray and Karen Divine, will take place on the Main Stage and highlight what makes iPhoneography unique and why it is bending photography in a dramatic new direction. This diverse, experienced group of leading iPhoneographers will frame where the mobile photo movement is today and where it is headed in 2013 and beyond.
- "Mobile Portraits, Changing Lives: How to Use Your iPhone to Help Others" with celebrity photographer Jeremy Cowart will include iPhone Help-Portrait photography from Jeremy's portfolio on location in Haiti and Africa and examine easy ways to store photos on your iPhone for minimal equipment use, the best iPhone applications to elevate images and more.
- "The iPad for Photographers: Rate, Tag, Edit and Publish Photos from the Field" session with Jeff Carlson, senior editor at TidBITS and author of The iPad for Photographers, will teach attendees how to import photos from their camera and work with them on the iPad.
- "iPhone Photos - Don't Just Take Them, MAKE Them!" with fine art photographer Jonathan Marks, a fast-moving presentation with tips, tricks and tools that will reveal how the iPhone is not just an image taker, but a true image maker.
- "Creative iPhone Editing," a special talk with Michael Clawson of Big Fish Creations, will educate attendees on the latest and creates tools and apps for photo editing.
And Much More...iPhoneography Lounge, Instagram Challenge and Special eBook
The new iPhoneography Lounge, located in the Live Zone, offers attendees a special opportunity to explore iPhone photography in fun and interactive ways. Speakers from the Mobile Masters and Tech Talk sessions, along with talent and influencers from around the world, will be on hand to meet, answer questions, share their work and even provide attendees with feedback and advice on their own photos and ideas. The Lounge also will feature demonstration booths showcasing new iPhone photography apps and gadgets and a dynamic wall of iPads that will bring mobile photography to life with image portfolios from speakers, influencers and up-and-coming iPhoneographers.
Attendees also have the opportunity to be part of the action by submitting their own images to Instagram using the hastag #mobilemasters for a chance to have them streamed on the iPad wall. The best images from the Instagram challenge will be included in an exclusive Macworld/iWorld Mobile Masters iPad eBook, slated for release on iTunes during the event. The eBook will immerse readers in the artistic process with interactive, step-by-step examples and personal videos and portfolios from more than 50 influential Mobile Masters. This is a special way to bring the experience and knowledge from Macworld/iWorld home.
Expo Hall: A Showcase of Photography Products
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 expo hall will feature hundreds of exhibitors and developers—more than 40 percent of which are first-time exhibitors—showcasing the latest hardware, software, apps and accessories for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad. Dozens of companies have products designed to enable, expand and empower mobile photography, including:
- iPro Lens—the company's iPro Lens System enhances the iPhone camera, allowing users to take professional-grade photos wherever they go.
- Kdan Mobile Software Ltd.—a mobile software development company, its product, Pocket Snapper, is a virtual studio for taking stunning pictures on the go.
- LensPen—a manufacturer of award-winning non-liquid screen and lens cleaning accessories.
- olloclip—a quick-connect lens solution for the iPhone 5 & 4/4S that includes a fisheye, wide-angle and macro lenses.
- Topaz Labs—a company that makes video and image enhancement software for photographers and videographers.
Many more events, performances, featured speakers, shopping opportunities and educational programming are still to be announced.
Attendee registration, along with information about event passes and pricing, can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://macworldiworld.com/media-qualification-guidelines/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld/iWorld.
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31 – February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
Thanks to Docker, it becomes very easy to leverage containers to build, ship, and run any Linux application on any kind of infrastructure. Docker is particularly helpful for microservice architectures because their successful implementation relies on a fast, efficient deployment mechanism – which is precisely one of the features of Docker. Microservice architectures are therefore becoming more popular, and are increasingly seen as an interesting option even for smaller projects, instead of bein...
May. 24, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,192
Move from reactive to proactive cloud management in a heterogeneous cloud infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Manoj Khabe, Innovative Solution-Focused Transformation Leader at Vicom Computer Services, Inc., will show how to replace a help desk-centric approach with an ITIL-based service model and service-centric CMDB that’s tightly integrated with an event and incident management platform. Learn how to expand the scope of operations management to service management. He will al...
May. 24, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,224
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises a...
May. 24, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,105
The Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) market will grow to $6.4B by 2018. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, will begin by walking the audience through the evolution of Workspace as-a-Service, where it is now vs. where it going. To look beyond the desktop we must understand exactly what WaaS is, who the users are, and where it is going in the future. IT departments, ISVs and service providers must look to workflow and automation capabilities to adapt to growing ...
May. 24, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,037
In this scenarios approach Joe Thykattil, Technology Architect & Sales at TimeWarner / Navisite, presented examples that will allow business-savvy professionals to make informed decisions based on a sound business model. This model covered the technology options in detail as well as a financial analysis. The TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and ROI (Return on Investment) demonstrated how to start, develop and formulate a business case that will allow both small and large scale projects to achieve...
May. 24, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,970
The truth is, today’s databases are anything but agile – they are effectively static repositories that are cumbersome to work with, difficult to change, and cannot keep pace with application demands. Performance suffers as a result, and it takes far longer than it should to deliver new features and capabilities needed to make your organization competitive. As your application and business needs change, data repositories and structures get outmoded rapidly, resulting in increased work for applica...
May. 24, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,632
The speed of product development has increased massively in the past 10 years. At the same time our formal secure development and SDL methodologies have fallen behind. This forces product developers to choose between rapid release times and security. In his session at DevOps Summit, Michael Murray, Director of Cyber Security Consulting and Assessment at GE Healthcare, examined the problems and presented some solutions for moving security into the DevOps lifecycle to ensure that we get fast AND ...
May. 24, 2015 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,812
After a couple of false starts, cloud-based desktop solutions are picking up steam, driven by trends such as BYOD and pervasive high-speed connectivity. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, cut through the hype and the acronyms, and discussed the emergence of full-featured cloud workspaces that do for the desktop what cloud infrastructure did for the server. He also discussed VDI vs DaaS, implementation strategies and evaluation criteria.
May. 24, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,377
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use c...
May. 24, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,729
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
May. 24, 2015 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 6,745
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, will discuss why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices ra...
May. 24, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,071
With the arrival of the Big Data revolution, a data professional is expected to master a broad spectrum of complex domains including data processing, mathematics, programming languages, machine learning techniques, and business knowledge. While this mastery is undoubtedly important, this narrow focus on tool usage has divorced many from the imagination required to solve real-world problems. As the demand for analysis increases, the data science community must transform from tool experts to "data...
May. 24, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,511
Building low-cost wearable devices can enhance the quality of our lives. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Sai Yamanoor, Embedded Software Engineer at Altschool, provided an example of putting together a small keychain within a $50 budget that educates the user about the air quality in their surroundings. He also provided examples such as building a wearable device that provides transit or recreational information. He then reviewed the resources available to build wearable devices at ...
May. 24, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,770
May. 24, 2015 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,147
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
May. 24, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,799
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happe...
May. 24, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,600
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
May. 24, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,328
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo – to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – is now accepting Hackathon proposals. Hackathon sponsorship benefits include general brand exposure and increasing engagement with the developer ecosystem. At Cloud Expo 2014 Silicon Valley, IBM held the Bluemix Developer Playground on November 5 and ElasticBox held the DevOps Hackathon on November 6. Both events took place on the expo fl...
May. 24, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,178
The emergence of cloud computing and Big Data warrants a greater role for the PMO to successfully manage enterprise transformation driven by these powerful trends. As the adoption of cloud-based services continues to grow, a governance model is needed to orchestrate enterprise cloud implementations and harness the power of Big Data analytics. In his session at Cloud Expo, Mahesh Singh, President of BigData, Inc., discussed how the Enterprise PMO takes center stage not only in developing the app...
May. 24, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,405
May. 24, 2015 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,210