|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 03:00 PM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IDG World Expo today announced a full agenda of digital photography education, presentations and exhibits aimed at informing, empowering and inspiring professionals and hobbyists alike at Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event. The lineup includes: a first-of-its kind, full-day iPhoneography special event where innovators in the art of iPhone-based photography will present a variety of professional techniques; Tech Talks diving in to the latest photography apps, advanced photo editing and touch up processes, and much more; an iPhoneography Lounge where attendees can meet the luminaries who will present and showcase photographs taken and refined using Apple and Apple-related technologies; and a show floor boasting new apps, software tools and accessories that are helping drive a revolution in mobile photography. Macworld/iWorld takes place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. Early Bird registration with special pricing is now open.
"The iPhone—coupled with an explosion of related apps, tools and accessories—has redefined how photos are taken, created and shared. Not since the advent of photography has there been as much excitement about image-making," said Dan Marcolina, iPhoneography event organizer. "The iPhoneography event at Macworld/iWorld shines a light on the incredible innovation taking place by bringing together the technologies and key creatives that are pushing this rapidly growing art form to new heights. This will be the largest assemblage of iPhoneography talent and inspiration to date and a celebration of this new chapter in photographic history, the Mobile Movement."
Highlights of the photography events at Macworld/iWorld 2013 include:
iPhoneography: The Mobile Masters Sessions
This day-long special event—featuring more than 13 hours of content—will unveil and celebrate all aspects of the rapidly growing mobile photography art form and feature the largest assemblage of iPhoneography talent and inspiration to date. Attendees will learn shooting and app processing techniques from today's best iPhone artists, examine why iPhoneography is different from traditional photography, explore relevant emerging gadgets and services, and hear from top bloggers, authors and educators to get a complete perspective on what is happening now and what the possibilities are for the future. Check out the full agenda and speaker line up. Sessions include:
- "iPhoneography: Evolution or Revolution? Why the iPhone is the New Zeitgeist of Mobile Photography" with Jack Hollingsworth,an award-winning, 30-year career veteran in commercial photography currently working on a long list of iPhoneography projects
- "Street Photography - iPhoneography: from Shooting to Storytelling" with Richard Koci Hernandez, Emmy award-winning multimedia storyteller
- "The Fine Art of iPhoneography" with Karen Divine and Cindy Patrick
- "iPhone In Education - The Mobile Movement in Photography" with Richard Gray, who runs the world's first face-to-face course in iPhone photography at one of London's leading art colleges
- "Leading iPhoneography Authors: Personal Publishing Experiences and Favorite App Techniques" with Dan Marcolina and Stephanie Calabrese Roberts, two of the most recognized authors on iPhoneography
- "PS touch, Photoshop and Creative Cloud Integration with Monsters" with Julieanne Kost and Russell Brown of Adobe Systems
- "iPhone Blogs and Social Photo Networks Shaping the iPhoneography Story" with Glyn Evans and Marty Yawnick
- "iPhone Art Sharing Sites and the Trajectory of the New Mobile Movement" with Knox Bronson, founder of the only curated site for the global iphonic art movement, and Nate Park, co-founder of a leading online community for mobile artists
- "iPhoneography: Gear. Gadgets. Geekdom. - Accessorizing Your iPhone Camera for Captivating Capture" with Jack Hollingsworth
- "AppAlchemy" with Dan Marcolina
- A special "Meet and Greet Party" with Los Angeles and Bay Area-based mobile photography movement influencers, including Doc Pop, Jennifer Bracewell, Christian J. Sweet and many more.
Photography Tech Talks
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 agenda boasts more than 60 new educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations and "tips and tricks" learning opportunities with several focused on iPhone photography, including:
- "The Studio in Your Pocket," a workshop with Michael Koerbel and Anna Elizabeth James, iPhone filmmakers at Majek Pictures, will explore the latest video, photography and audio apps for both iPhone and iPad.
- "iPhoneography – Meet the Mobile Masters," a rapid-fire session with Koci Hernandez, Jack Hollingsworth, Russell Brown, Richard Gray and Karen Divine, will take place on the Main Stage and highlight what makes iPhoneography unique and why it is bending photography in a dramatic new direction. This diverse, experienced group of leading iPhoneographers will frame where the mobile photo movement is today and where it is headed in 2013 and beyond.
- "Mobile Portraits, Changing Lives: How to Use Your iPhone to Help Others" with celebrity photographer Jeremy Cowart will include iPhone Help-Portrait photography from Jeremy's portfolio on location in Haiti and Africa and examine easy ways to store photos on your iPhone for minimal equipment use, the best iPhone applications to elevate images and more.
- "The iPad for Photographers: Rate, Tag, Edit and Publish Photos from the Field" session with Jeff Carlson, senior editor at TidBITS and author of The iPad for Photographers, will teach attendees how to import photos from their camera and work with them on the iPad.
- "iPhone Photos - Don't Just Take Them, MAKE Them!" with fine art photographer Jonathan Marks, a fast-moving presentation with tips, tricks and tools that will reveal how the iPhone is not just an image taker, but a true image maker.
- "Creative iPhone Editing," a special talk with Michael Clawson of Big Fish Creations, will educate attendees on the latest and creates tools and apps for photo editing.
And Much More...iPhoneography Lounge, Instagram Challenge and Special eBook
The new iPhoneography Lounge, located in the Live Zone, offers attendees a special opportunity to explore iPhone photography in fun and interactive ways. Speakers from the Mobile Masters and Tech Talk sessions, along with talent and influencers from around the world, will be on hand to meet, answer questions, share their work and even provide attendees with feedback and advice on their own photos and ideas. The Lounge also will feature demonstration booths showcasing new iPhone photography apps and gadgets and a dynamic wall of iPads that will bring mobile photography to life with image portfolios from speakers, influencers and up-and-coming iPhoneographers.
Attendees also have the opportunity to be part of the action by submitting their own images to Instagram using the hastag #mobilemasters for a chance to have them streamed on the iPad wall. The best images from the Instagram challenge will be included in an exclusive Macworld/iWorld Mobile Masters iPad eBook, slated for release on iTunes during the event. The eBook will immerse readers in the artistic process with interactive, step-by-step examples and personal videos and portfolios from more than 50 influential Mobile Masters. This is a special way to bring the experience and knowledge from Macworld/iWorld home.
Expo Hall: A Showcase of Photography Products
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 expo hall will feature hundreds of exhibitors and developers—more than 40 percent of which are first-time exhibitors—showcasing the latest hardware, software, apps and accessories for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad. Dozens of companies have products designed to enable, expand and empower mobile photography, including:
- iPro Lens—the company's iPro Lens System enhances the iPhone camera, allowing users to take professional-grade photos wherever they go.
- Kdan Mobile Software Ltd.—a mobile software development company, its product, Pocket Snapper, is a virtual studio for taking stunning pictures on the go.
- LensPen—a manufacturer of award-winning non-liquid screen and lens cleaning accessories.
- olloclip—a quick-connect lens solution for the iPhone 5 & 4/4S that includes a fisheye, wide-angle and macro lenses.
- Topaz Labs—a company that makes video and image enhancement software for photographers and videographers.
Many more events, performances, featured speakers, shopping opportunities and educational programming are still to be announced.
Attendee registration, along with information about event passes and pricing, can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://macworldiworld.com/media-qualification-guidelines/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld/iWorld.
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31 – February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
As Marc Andreessen says software is eating the world. Everything is rapidly moving toward being software-defined – from our phones and cars through our washing machines to the datacenter. However, there are larger challenges when implementing software defined on a larger scale - when building software defined infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Boyan Ivanov, CEO of StorPool, provided some practical insights on what, how and why when implementing "software-defined" in the datacent...
Aug. 4, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 109
Between the compelling mockups and specs produced by your analysts and designers, and the resulting application built by your developers, there is a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral out of control, and applications fall short of requirements. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, presented a new approach where business and development users collaborate – each using tools appropriate to their goals and expertise – to build mocku...
Aug. 4, 2015 11:29 AM EDT
Learn how you can use the CoSN SEND II Decision Tree for Education Technology to make sure that your K–12 technology initiatives create a more engaging learning experience that empowers students, teachers, and administrators alike.
Aug. 4, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 111
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 4, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 258
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 3, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 698
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 3, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 541
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 287
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Com...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:30 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that VividCortex, the monitoring solution for the modern data system, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The database is the heart of most applications, but it’s also the part that’s hardest to scale, monitor, and optimize even as it’s growing 50% year over year. VividCortex is the first unified suite of database monitoring tools specifically desi...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 103
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 566
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 217
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 3, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 377
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 202
Take the Long View with Digital Transformation By @IoT2040 | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #API #Microservices #InternetOfThings
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,144
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 447
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 494
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,714
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 349
[slides] A New Architecture for the Internet of Things By @JKirklan | @ThingsExpo @RedHatNews #IoT #M2M #InternetOfThings
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,432
Malicious agents are moving faster than the speed of business. Even more worrisome, most companies are relying on legacy approaches to security that are no longer capable of meeting current threats. In the modern cloud, threat diversity is rapidly expanding, necessitating more sophisticated security protocols than those used in the past or in desktop environments. Yet companies are falling for cloud security myths that were truths at one time but have evolved out of existence.
Jul. 30, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,835