|By Marketwired .||
|November 22, 2012 10:30 AM EST||
RICHMOND, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/22/12 -- To simplify your gifting choices London Drugs presents the top 2012 holiday tech gift ideas for home, life and play.
- Bring families closer together with a gift that everyone can use with the enhanced line of LED backlit LCD televisions available this season. A Panasonic Viera 47-inch 1080p 120Hz LED Backlit LCD TV provides full HD viewing with vivid colour creation and Energy Star 5.3 efficiency rating. For families looking for Plasma quality, the Panasonic 50-inch 1080p Plasma TV provides a rapid refresh rate equivalent to 600 Hz and crystal-clear image detail with full HD 1080p picture quality. It's the highest in-home resolution available. With a USB input anyone can view media instantly. Families wanting more connectivity with their televisions can focus their attention on the Samsung 55-inch 120Hz Smart LED Backlit LCD TV. Samsung's ES6100 Series has a slender design and features advanced SMART TV capabilities bringing the internet to your favourite seat in the house.
- Bring the gift of sound and transform your television and receiver sound to the next level with the Harman / Kardon Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer. This theatre audio solution offers the flexibility of a wireless subwoofer, so you can easily place it virtually anywhere in your home entertainment room.
- Wrap up a router to get the best performance out of your wireless devices and home entertainment systems. The Cisco Linksys EA3500 Wireless N750 Dual Band Router features Dual-Band N technology and a USB port for shared storage. the Guest Access feature makes sharing Internet access to other wireless devices extremely easy while maintaining maximum security to your home network.
- Another gift for the whole family is the Touchsquid 7-inch Tablet Remote allowing everyone to keep their devices to themselves. This 7-inch LCD touch screen uses Android OS 2.3. This is the perfect multi-purpose device to control home entertainment devices.
- For audiophiles in your life, the top gift to consider is the Samsung Vacuum Tube Audio Dock. The unique hybrid technology combines digital and vacuum tube amplifiers for modern performance with classic sound. Available in cherry wood, the Samsung DA-E750 is an investment piece towards your personal revitalization of music.
- For those on the go, tablets make the best gift. The Asus Google Nexus 32GB 7-inch Tablet is the World's first 7-inch quad-core tablet with an advanced multimedia experience with up to 9.5 hours of battery life. The Nexus brand represents a premium Android-based device that delivers the best Google experience available on tablet. Blackberry's 32Gb Playbook is a multitasking tablet that attracts a variety of users and features an appealing price. The Playbook provides a best-in-class multimedia experience with a crystal clear 7-inch LCD display with 3 and 5 megapixel cameras and full 1080p video. The Asus 10.1-inch Transformer Prime Tablet features a 10.1inch Super IPS+ WXGA multi-touch LED backlit display made from durable and scratch-resistant Corning®Gorilla® glass for brilliant HD entertainment and intuitive navigation. This tablet features a 2MP front camera and 8MP auto-focus rear camera with flash. Also includes a Tegra 3 quad core processor and even has built in photo editing using the latest Android operating system.
- Computers are still top gifts for everyone on your list. Laptop users can look towards the Toshiba Satellite Z930-010 1.7GHz Ultrabook. This Ultrabook has the key features you need in each laptop. For the stay at home kind of person consider the HP TouchSmart Envy 20-inch All-in-one PC. This computer features an innovative touch screen, a suite of built-for-touch apps, and an iconic new look and feel. The HD display provides an almost cinematic experience and favourite online destinations can be found with touch interfaces. This computer is optimized for the Windows 8 touch experience. For power users and gamers on gift lists consider the Certified Date 17 - 3770 Desktop Computer. This beauty is powered b y windows 8 and the latest Intel i7 Ivy Bridge processor for blazing fast performance. This is just the beginning! How about 16 GB of DDR3 memory, the latest ATI (HD 7770 1GB) DirectX 11 Graphics for the best visual and gaming experience, and a massive 2TB hard drive. With these features, this system will do it all. Proudly assembled in Canada, and supported by all London Drugs locations.
- For the Console Gamer consider the Xbox 360 250GB Holiday bundle. It comes with a spacious 250Gb hard drive that gives the space needed to store arcade games, movies, demos and even full Xbox 360 games. Includes Forza Motorsport 4 game, Elder Scrolls V Skyrim download token, Xbox live one month subscription and Xbox 360 headset.
- The PANASONIC TOUGHBOOK is definitely in the category of gifts for play. With its tough magnesium alloy case (20 times stronger than ABS plastic) and shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive this Toughbook is able to withstand a 30inch drop yet amazingly weighs only just about 3 and a half pounds.. The spill-resistant keyboard can survive the bangs, bumps and spills of a hectic day. Add to that the flexibility of supporting both USB 3.0 and 2.0, analog (VGA) and digital (HDMI) video, the latest SD card standard (SDXC), a DVD drive, a 14.1-inch LED widescreen display, you get a laptop that can get more out of a day. Perfect for the rugged worker on your list.
- If you have a traveler you need to buy for, then a must have is the D-Link All-in-One Mobile Companion. This tiny device can turn any existing Internet connection into your own personal secure Wi-Fi Hot Spot. Perfect for hotels with poor wireless signal. With the built-in USB port, you can easily add wireless storage to your iPhone, iPad and Android devices, giving you more capacity for your favourite media. Just plug in a USB drive to the Mobile Companion and instantly access and share your favorite movies, music and photos.
- For the adventurer on your list let the gift be one they can enjoy over and over again to capture breathtaking moments. The GoPro Hero 3: Silver Edition Camera is smaller and lighter than its predecessor. It's also Wi-Fi enabled. The Hero3 is designed for recording action sports and it comes with a rugged, waterproof housing that can go down to a depth of 197; (60m). The camera captures up to full HD 1920 X 1080p video at 30 fps, but it also captures 960p, 720p and 480p video as well. Plus, it supports NTSC and PAL, and it can record up to 120 fps. For still images, the Hero3 supports 5, 8 and 11-megapixel photos.
- For the connected adventurer the Sony Action Cam AS15B is a rugged, wearable full HD video camcorder with built-in Wi-Fi. Weighting 3.2 ounces with the battery, this camera lets you capture adventures on the mountain, in the water, and anywhere else with quick-connect mounts and a ruggedized waterproof housing good down to 197 ft. (60 m). Footage and photos can be shared with the PlayMemories Mobile(TM) application with Wi-Fi enabled phones and tablets. Once clips are selected they are transferred and compressed into web-optimized videos and photos without a single cable.
- Designers and photographers on your list will love the selection of Wacom tablets. The Intuous 5 touch tablet combines Wacom's most advanced pen technology with multi-touch functionality. Natural and intuitive to use, the tablet lets you alternate between using multi-touch gestures to position and navigate your artwork and the pressure-sensitive pen to sketch, paint, retouch, and edit. Works with both PC and Mac. A mush have for anyone using Adobe Lightroom. Turn your pictures into works of art, with the touch of a pen.
For a full list of al gift ideas from London Drugs visit the Christmas Gift Guide.
About London Drugs
Founded in 1945, B.C.-based London Drugs has 76 stores in more than 35 major markets throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba including its online store www.londondrugs.com London Drugs offers consumers a range of products from digital cameras and cosmetics to computers and televisions. Renowned for its creative approach to retailing, the company employs more than 7,500 people with pharmacy and health care services being the heart of its business. Committed to innovation and superior customer service, London Drugs has established itself as a reputable and caring company and continues to position itself for future growth and development.
For London Drugs' physical locations visit the Store Locator.
London Drugs Social Media:
London Drugs Blogs:
For more information, to arrange an in-store photo, filming or interview please contact Cynnamon Schreinert or Angela Joyce.
So you’ve heard how click-to-call widgets can really enhance a website’s potential for customer interaction and you want to try it out for yourself. Or you’re considering offloading pieces of your VoIP infrastructure, but want to see how that would unfold first. Where can you find this technology, that’s free and available to try out? Spotting the potential in a space where customers can experiment with these types of features, Voxbone is launching The Workshop.
Jun. 29, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 313
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Jun. 29, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 410
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Jun. 29, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 386
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 29, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,029
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 29, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 337
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, discussed how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He also discussed how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors ...
Jun. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,132
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jun. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 409
"We work in the area of Big Data analytics and Big Data analytics is a very crowded space - you have Hadoop, ETL, warehousing, visualization and there's a lot of effort trying to get these tools to talk to each other," explained Mukund Deshpande, head of the Analytics practice at Accelerite, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 393
The idea of comparing data in motion (at the sensor level) to data at rest (in a Big Data server warehouse) with predictive analytics in the cloud is very appealing to the industrial IoT sector. The problem Big Data vendors have, however, is access to that data in motion at the sensor location. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Scott Allen, CMO of FreeWave, discussed how as IoT is increasingly adopted by industrial markets, there is going to be an increased demand for sensor data from the outermos...
Jun. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 347
The initial debate is over: Any enterprise with a serious commitment to IT is migrating to the cloud. But things are not so simple. There is a complex mix of on-premises, colocated, and public-cloud deployments. In this power panel at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Commvault; Dave Landa, Chief Operating Officer at kintone; William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interou...
Jun. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,033
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 347
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
Jun. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 597
Dialogic has announced that ZVRS chose Dialogic® PowerMedia™ XMS software media server as part of its latest video relay and translation service offering. ZVRS uses Dialogic’s PowerMedia XMS technology to provide a robust solution that supports a broad range of legacy devices and any-to-any video capabilities with its flagship Z70 videophone. ZVRS selected Dialogic’s solution to facilitate a release of Z70 that met its stringent requirements for legacy device support (H.263 and H.264) with high...
Jun. 29, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 469
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jun. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 376
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 643
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jun. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 338
You are moving to the Cloud. The question is not if, it’s when. Now that your competitors are in the cloud and lapping you, your “when” better hurry up and get here. But saying and doing are two different things. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Robert Reeves, CTO of Datical, explained how DevOps can be your onramp to the cloud. By adopting simple, platform independent DevOps strategies, you can accelerate your move to the cloud. Spoiler Alert: He also makes sure you don’t...
Jun. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,162
Edge Hosting has announced a partnership with and the availability of CloudFlare, a web application firewall, CDN and DDoS mitigation service. “This partnership enhances Edge Hosting’s world class, perimeter layer, application (layer 7) defensive mechanism,” said Mark Houpt, Edge Hosting CISO. “The goal was to enable a new layer of customer controlled defense and compliance through the application of DDoS filters and mitigations, the web application firewall (WAF) feature and the added benefit ...
Jun. 29, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 643
Digital Initiatives create new ways of conducting business, which drive the need for increasingly advanced security and regulatory compliance challenges with exponentially more damaging consequences. In the BMC and Forbes Insights Survey in 2016, 97% of executives said they expect a rise in data breach attempts in the next 12 months. Sixty percent said operations and security teams have only a general understanding of each other’s requirements, resulting in a “SecOps gap” leaving organizations u...
Jun. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,200
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,216