|By Marketwired .||
|November 22, 2012 10:30 AM EST||
RICHMOND, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/22/12 -- To simplify your gifting choices London Drugs presents the top 2012 holiday tech gift ideas for home, life and play.
- Bring families closer together with a gift that everyone can use with the enhanced line of LED backlit LCD televisions available this season. A Panasonic Viera 47-inch 1080p 120Hz LED Backlit LCD TV provides full HD viewing with vivid colour creation and Energy Star 5.3 efficiency rating. For families looking for Plasma quality, the Panasonic 50-inch 1080p Plasma TV provides a rapid refresh rate equivalent to 600 Hz and crystal-clear image detail with full HD 1080p picture quality. It's the highest in-home resolution available. With a USB input anyone can view media instantly. Families wanting more connectivity with their televisions can focus their attention on the Samsung 55-inch 120Hz Smart LED Backlit LCD TV. Samsung's ES6100 Series has a slender design and features advanced SMART TV capabilities bringing the internet to your favourite seat in the house.
- Bring the gift of sound and transform your television and receiver sound to the next level with the Harman / Kardon Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer. This theatre audio solution offers the flexibility of a wireless subwoofer, so you can easily place it virtually anywhere in your home entertainment room.
- Wrap up a router to get the best performance out of your wireless devices and home entertainment systems. The Cisco Linksys EA3500 Wireless N750 Dual Band Router features Dual-Band N technology and a USB port for shared storage. the Guest Access feature makes sharing Internet access to other wireless devices extremely easy while maintaining maximum security to your home network.
- Another gift for the whole family is the Touchsquid 7-inch Tablet Remote allowing everyone to keep their devices to themselves. This 7-inch LCD touch screen uses Android OS 2.3. This is the perfect multi-purpose device to control home entertainment devices.
- For audiophiles in your life, the top gift to consider is the Samsung Vacuum Tube Audio Dock. The unique hybrid technology combines digital and vacuum tube amplifiers for modern performance with classic sound. Available in cherry wood, the Samsung DA-E750 is an investment piece towards your personal revitalization of music.
- For those on the go, tablets make the best gift. The Asus Google Nexus 32GB 7-inch Tablet is the World's first 7-inch quad-core tablet with an advanced multimedia experience with up to 9.5 hours of battery life. The Nexus brand represents a premium Android-based device that delivers the best Google experience available on tablet. Blackberry's 32Gb Playbook is a multitasking tablet that attracts a variety of users and features an appealing price. The Playbook provides a best-in-class multimedia experience with a crystal clear 7-inch LCD display with 3 and 5 megapixel cameras and full 1080p video. The Asus 10.1-inch Transformer Prime Tablet features a 10.1inch Super IPS+ WXGA multi-touch LED backlit display made from durable and scratch-resistant Corning®Gorilla® glass for brilliant HD entertainment and intuitive navigation. This tablet features a 2MP front camera and 8MP auto-focus rear camera with flash. Also includes a Tegra 3 quad core processor and even has built in photo editing using the latest Android operating system.
- Computers are still top gifts for everyone on your list. Laptop users can look towards the Toshiba Satellite Z930-010 1.7GHz Ultrabook. This Ultrabook has the key features you need in each laptop. For the stay at home kind of person consider the HP TouchSmart Envy 20-inch All-in-one PC. This computer features an innovative touch screen, a suite of built-for-touch apps, and an iconic new look and feel. The HD display provides an almost cinematic experience and favourite online destinations can be found with touch interfaces. This computer is optimized for the Windows 8 touch experience. For power users and gamers on gift lists consider the Certified Date 17 - 3770 Desktop Computer. This beauty is powered b y windows 8 and the latest Intel i7 Ivy Bridge processor for blazing fast performance. This is just the beginning! How about 16 GB of DDR3 memory, the latest ATI (HD 7770 1GB) DirectX 11 Graphics for the best visual and gaming experience, and a massive 2TB hard drive. With these features, this system will do it all. Proudly assembled in Canada, and supported by all London Drugs locations.
- For the Console Gamer consider the Xbox 360 250GB Holiday bundle. It comes with a spacious 250Gb hard drive that gives the space needed to store arcade games, movies, demos and even full Xbox 360 games. Includes Forza Motorsport 4 game, Elder Scrolls V Skyrim download token, Xbox live one month subscription and Xbox 360 headset.
- The PANASONIC TOUGHBOOK is definitely in the category of gifts for play. With its tough magnesium alloy case (20 times stronger than ABS plastic) and shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive this Toughbook is able to withstand a 30inch drop yet amazingly weighs only just about 3 and a half pounds.. The spill-resistant keyboard can survive the bangs, bumps and spills of a hectic day. Add to that the flexibility of supporting both USB 3.0 and 2.0, analog (VGA) and digital (HDMI) video, the latest SD card standard (SDXC), a DVD drive, a 14.1-inch LED widescreen display, you get a laptop that can get more out of a day. Perfect for the rugged worker on your list.
- If you have a traveler you need to buy for, then a must have is the D-Link All-in-One Mobile Companion. This tiny device can turn any existing Internet connection into your own personal secure Wi-Fi Hot Spot. Perfect for hotels with poor wireless signal. With the built-in USB port, you can easily add wireless storage to your iPhone, iPad and Android devices, giving you more capacity for your favourite media. Just plug in a USB drive to the Mobile Companion and instantly access and share your favorite movies, music and photos.
- For the adventurer on your list let the gift be one they can enjoy over and over again to capture breathtaking moments. The GoPro Hero 3: Silver Edition Camera is smaller and lighter than its predecessor. It's also Wi-Fi enabled. The Hero3 is designed for recording action sports and it comes with a rugged, waterproof housing that can go down to a depth of 197; (60m). The camera captures up to full HD 1920 X 1080p video at 30 fps, but it also captures 960p, 720p and 480p video as well. Plus, it supports NTSC and PAL, and it can record up to 120 fps. For still images, the Hero3 supports 5, 8 and 11-megapixel photos.
- For the connected adventurer the Sony Action Cam AS15B is a rugged, wearable full HD video camcorder with built-in Wi-Fi. Weighting 3.2 ounces with the battery, this camera lets you capture adventures on the mountain, in the water, and anywhere else with quick-connect mounts and a ruggedized waterproof housing good down to 197 ft. (60 m). Footage and photos can be shared with the PlayMemories Mobile(TM) application with Wi-Fi enabled phones and tablets. Once clips are selected they are transferred and compressed into web-optimized videos and photos without a single cable.
- Designers and photographers on your list will love the selection of Wacom tablets. The Intuous 5 touch tablet combines Wacom's most advanced pen technology with multi-touch functionality. Natural and intuitive to use, the tablet lets you alternate between using multi-touch gestures to position and navigate your artwork and the pressure-sensitive pen to sketch, paint, retouch, and edit. Works with both PC and Mac. A mush have for anyone using Adobe Lightroom. Turn your pictures into works of art, with the touch of a pen.
For a full list of al gift ideas from London Drugs visit the Christmas Gift Guide.
About London Drugs
Founded in 1945, B.C.-based London Drugs has 76 stores in more than 35 major markets throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba including its online store www.londondrugs.com London Drugs offers consumers a range of products from digital cameras and cosmetics to computers and televisions. Renowned for its creative approach to retailing, the company employs more than 7,500 people with pharmacy and health care services being the heart of its business. Committed to innovation and superior customer service, London Drugs has established itself as a reputable and caring company and continues to position itself for future growth and development.
For London Drugs' physical locations visit the Store Locator.
London Drugs Social Media:
London Drugs Blogs:
For more information, to arrange an in-store photo, filming or interview please contact Cynnamon Schreinert or Angela Joyce.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Agile PMO
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- How to Strategically Benefit from AANPM
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- Web Service Monitoring 101: Identifying Bad Deployments
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- How to Monitor the Web Performance of Your Competition
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- "Cloud Computing 2.0" -- I'm Serious
- Storage Made Easy Brings Private Enterprise File Share and Sync for Amazon S3 to AWS GovCloud
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Adobe Releases Update to Patch Zero Day Vulnerability
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- As Registration Deadline Nears, dmexco 2014 Is More Popular Than Ever
- Software Quality Metrics for Your Continuous Delivery Pipeline | Part 2
- Atmel Extends Industry Leading maXTouch T Series with the Market's Highest Performance Touchscreen Controller
- The Problem with Cloud SLAs
- New Photo Sharing Service izitru Establishes Photoshop-Free Zone
- Emulex and Compuware Team Up to Drastically Improve Data Centre Problem Identification and Resolution
- The Agile PMO
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
Cloud Computing is evolving into a Big Three of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. Cloud 360: Multi-Cloud Bootcamp, being held Nov 4–5, 2014, in conjunction with 15th Cloud Expo in Santa Clara, CA, delivers a real-world demonstration of how to deploy and configure a scalable and available web application on all three platforms. The Cloud 360 Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, an analyst with Gigaom Research, is the first bootcamp that introduces the core concepts of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) based on the workings of the Big Three platforms – Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, and Azure VMs. Bootcamp attendees will get to see the big picture and also receive the knowledge needed to make the best cloud decisions for their business applications and entire enterprise IT organization.
Jul. 22, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 838
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Jul. 22, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,022
The Internet of Things is a natural complement to the cloud and related technologies such as Big Data, analytics, and mobility. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Joe Weinman will lay out four generic strategies – digital disciplines – to exploit emerging digital technologies for strategic advantage. Joe Weinman has held executive leadership positions at Bell Labs, AT&T, Hewlett-Packard, and Telx, in areas such as corporate strategy, business development, product management, operations, and R&D.
Jul. 21, 2014 11:17 AM EDT Reads: 1,682
SYS-CON Events announced today that DevOps.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's “DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo,” which will take place on June 10–12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. DevOps.com is where the world meets DevOps. It is the largest collection of original content relating to DevOps on the web today Featuring up-to-the-minute news, feature stories, blogs, bylined articles and more, DevOps.com is where the thought leaders of the DevOps movement make their ideas known.
Jul. 20, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,500
There are 182 billion emails sent every day, generating a lot of data about how recipients and ISPs respond. Many marketers take a more-is-better approach to stats, preferring to have the ability to slice and dice their email lists based numerous arbitrary stats. However, fundamentally what really matters is whether or not sending an email to a particular recipient will generate value. Data Scientists can design high-level insights such as engagement prediction models and content clusters that allow marketers to cut through the noise and design their campaigns around strong, predictive signals, rather than arbitrary statistics. SendGrid sends up to half a billion emails a day for customers such as Pinterest and GitHub. All this email adds up to more text than produced in the entire twitterverse. We track events like clicks, opens and deliveries to help improve deliverability for our customers – adding up to over 50 billion useful events every month. While SendGrid data covers only abo...
Jul. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,133
SYS-CON Events announced today that the Web Host Industry Review has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Since 2000, The Web Host Industry Review has made a name for itself as the foremost authority of the Web hosting industry providing reliable, insightful and comprehensive news, reviews and resources to the hosting community. TheWHIR Blogs provides a community of expert industry perspectives. The Web Host Industry Review Magazine also offers a business-minded, issue-driven perspective of interest to executives and decision-makers. WHIR TV offers on demand web hosting video interviews and web hosting video features of the key persons and events of the web hosting industry. WHIR Events brings together like-minded hosting industry professionals and decision-makers in local communities. TheWHIR is an iNET Interactive property.
Jul. 20, 2014 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,592
SYS-CON Events announced today that O'Reilly Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Jul. 19, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,689
SYS-CON Events announced today that Verizon has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Verizon Enterprise Solutions creates global connections that generate growth, drive business innovation and move society forward. With industry-specific solutions and a full range of global wholesale offerings provided over the company's secure mobility, cloud, strategic networking and advanced communications platforms, Verizon Enterprise Solutions helps open new opportunities around the world for innovation, investment and business transformation. Visit verizonenterprise.com to learn more.
Jul. 18, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,677
SYS-CON Events announced today that TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business to business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the communications and technology industries.
Jul. 15, 2014 04:21 PM EDT Reads: 1,146
"In my session I spoke about enterprise cloud analytics and how we can leverage analytics as a service," explained Ajay Budhraja, CTO at the Department of Justice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 14th International Cloud Expo®, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Cloud Expo® 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
Jul. 15, 2014 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,756
“We are starting to see people move beyond the commodity cloud and enterprises need to start focusing on additional value added services in order to really drive their adoption," explained Jason Mondanaro, Director of Product Management at MetraTech, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 14th International Cloud Expo®, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Cloud Expo® 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
Jul. 15, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,728
"We are automated capacity control software, which basically looks at all the supply and demand and running a virtual cloud environment and does a deep analysis of that and says where should things go," explained Andrew Hillier, Co-founder & CTO of CiRBA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 14th International Cloud Expo®, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Cloud Expo® 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
Jul. 15, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,929
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mac Devine, Distinguished Engineer at IBM, will discuss bringing these three elements together via Systems of Discover.
Jul. 15, 2014 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,060
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at 15th Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, Vice President, Product Strategy of LogMeIn's Xively IoT Platform, will show you how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Jul. 14, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,100
All too many discussions about DevOps conclude that the solution is an all-purpose player: developer and operations guru, complete with pager for round-the-clock duty. For most organizations that is not the way forward. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Golden, Vice President of Strategy at ActiveState, will discuss how to achieve the agility and speed of end-to-end automation without requiring an organization stocked with Supermen and Superwomen.
Jul. 14, 2014 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,795