|By Marketwired .||
|November 22, 2012 10:30 AM EST||
RICHMOND, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/22/12 -- To simplify your gifting choices London Drugs presents the top 2012 holiday tech gift ideas for home, life and play.
- Bring families closer together with a gift that everyone can use with the enhanced line of LED backlit LCD televisions available this season. A Panasonic Viera 47-inch 1080p 120Hz LED Backlit LCD TV provides full HD viewing with vivid colour creation and Energy Star 5.3 efficiency rating. For families looking for Plasma quality, the Panasonic 50-inch 1080p Plasma TV provides a rapid refresh rate equivalent to 600 Hz and crystal-clear image detail with full HD 1080p picture quality. It's the highest in-home resolution available. With a USB input anyone can view media instantly. Families wanting more connectivity with their televisions can focus their attention on the Samsung 55-inch 120Hz Smart LED Backlit LCD TV. Samsung's ES6100 Series has a slender design and features advanced SMART TV capabilities bringing the internet to your favourite seat in the house.
- Bring the gift of sound and transform your television and receiver sound to the next level with the Harman / Kardon Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer. This theatre audio solution offers the flexibility of a wireless subwoofer, so you can easily place it virtually anywhere in your home entertainment room.
- Wrap up a router to get the best performance out of your wireless devices and home entertainment systems. The Cisco Linksys EA3500 Wireless N750 Dual Band Router features Dual-Band N technology and a USB port for shared storage. the Guest Access feature makes sharing Internet access to other wireless devices extremely easy while maintaining maximum security to your home network.
- Another gift for the whole family is the Touchsquid 7-inch Tablet Remote allowing everyone to keep their devices to themselves. This 7-inch LCD touch screen uses Android OS 2.3. This is the perfect multi-purpose device to control home entertainment devices.
- For audiophiles in your life, the top gift to consider is the Samsung Vacuum Tube Audio Dock. The unique hybrid technology combines digital and vacuum tube amplifiers for modern performance with classic sound. Available in cherry wood, the Samsung DA-E750 is an investment piece towards your personal revitalization of music.
- For those on the go, tablets make the best gift. The Asus Google Nexus 32GB 7-inch Tablet is the World's first 7-inch quad-core tablet with an advanced multimedia experience with up to 9.5 hours of battery life. The Nexus brand represents a premium Android-based device that delivers the best Google experience available on tablet. Blackberry's 32Gb Playbook is a multitasking tablet that attracts a variety of users and features an appealing price. The Playbook provides a best-in-class multimedia experience with a crystal clear 7-inch LCD display with 3 and 5 megapixel cameras and full 1080p video. The Asus 10.1-inch Transformer Prime Tablet features a 10.1inch Super IPS+ WXGA multi-touch LED backlit display made from durable and scratch-resistant Corning®Gorilla® glass for brilliant HD entertainment and intuitive navigation. This tablet features a 2MP front camera and 8MP auto-focus rear camera with flash. Also includes a Tegra 3 quad core processor and even has built in photo editing using the latest Android operating system.
- Computers are still top gifts for everyone on your list. Laptop users can look towards the Toshiba Satellite Z930-010 1.7GHz Ultrabook. This Ultrabook has the key features you need in each laptop. For the stay at home kind of person consider the HP TouchSmart Envy 20-inch All-in-one PC. This computer features an innovative touch screen, a suite of built-for-touch apps, and an iconic new look and feel. The HD display provides an almost cinematic experience and favourite online destinations can be found with touch interfaces. This computer is optimized for the Windows 8 touch experience. For power users and gamers on gift lists consider the Certified Date 17 - 3770 Desktop Computer. This beauty is powered b y windows 8 and the latest Intel i7 Ivy Bridge processor for blazing fast performance. This is just the beginning! How about 16 GB of DDR3 memory, the latest ATI (HD 7770 1GB) DirectX 11 Graphics for the best visual and gaming experience, and a massive 2TB hard drive. With these features, this system will do it all. Proudly assembled in Canada, and supported by all London Drugs locations.
- For the Console Gamer consider the Xbox 360 250GB Holiday bundle. It comes with a spacious 250Gb hard drive that gives the space needed to store arcade games, movies, demos and even full Xbox 360 games. Includes Forza Motorsport 4 game, Elder Scrolls V Skyrim download token, Xbox live one month subscription and Xbox 360 headset.
- The PANASONIC TOUGHBOOK is definitely in the category of gifts for play. With its tough magnesium alloy case (20 times stronger than ABS plastic) and shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive this Toughbook is able to withstand a 30inch drop yet amazingly weighs only just about 3 and a half pounds.. The spill-resistant keyboard can survive the bangs, bumps and spills of a hectic day. Add to that the flexibility of supporting both USB 3.0 and 2.0, analog (VGA) and digital (HDMI) video, the latest SD card standard (SDXC), a DVD drive, a 14.1-inch LED widescreen display, you get a laptop that can get more out of a day. Perfect for the rugged worker on your list.
- If you have a traveler you need to buy for, then a must have is the D-Link All-in-One Mobile Companion. This tiny device can turn any existing Internet connection into your own personal secure Wi-Fi Hot Spot. Perfect for hotels with poor wireless signal. With the built-in USB port, you can easily add wireless storage to your iPhone, iPad and Android devices, giving you more capacity for your favourite media. Just plug in a USB drive to the Mobile Companion and instantly access and share your favorite movies, music and photos.
- For the adventurer on your list let the gift be one they can enjoy over and over again to capture breathtaking moments. The GoPro Hero 3: Silver Edition Camera is smaller and lighter than its predecessor. It's also Wi-Fi enabled. The Hero3 is designed for recording action sports and it comes with a rugged, waterproof housing that can go down to a depth of 197; (60m). The camera captures up to full HD 1920 X 1080p video at 30 fps, but it also captures 960p, 720p and 480p video as well. Plus, it supports NTSC and PAL, and it can record up to 120 fps. For still images, the Hero3 supports 5, 8 and 11-megapixel photos.
- For the connected adventurer the Sony Action Cam AS15B is a rugged, wearable full HD video camcorder with built-in Wi-Fi. Weighting 3.2 ounces with the battery, this camera lets you capture adventures on the mountain, in the water, and anywhere else with quick-connect mounts and a ruggedized waterproof housing good down to 197 ft. (60 m). Footage and photos can be shared with the PlayMemories Mobile(TM) application with Wi-Fi enabled phones and tablets. Once clips are selected they are transferred and compressed into web-optimized videos and photos without a single cable.
- Designers and photographers on your list will love the selection of Wacom tablets. The Intuous 5 touch tablet combines Wacom's most advanced pen technology with multi-touch functionality. Natural and intuitive to use, the tablet lets you alternate between using multi-touch gestures to position and navigate your artwork and the pressure-sensitive pen to sketch, paint, retouch, and edit. Works with both PC and Mac. A mush have for anyone using Adobe Lightroom. Turn your pictures into works of art, with the touch of a pen.
For a full list of al gift ideas from London Drugs visit the Christmas Gift Guide.
About London Drugs
Founded in 1945, B.C.-based London Drugs has 76 stores in more than 35 major markets throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba including its online store www.londondrugs.com London Drugs offers consumers a range of products from digital cameras and cosmetics to computers and televisions. Renowned for its creative approach to retailing, the company employs more than 7,500 people with pharmacy and health care services being the heart of its business. Committed to innovation and superior customer service, London Drugs has established itself as a reputable and caring company and continues to position itself for future growth and development.
For London Drugs' physical locations visit the Store Locator.
London Drugs Social Media:
London Drugs Blogs:
For more information, to arrange an in-store photo, filming or interview please contact Cynnamon Schreinert or Angela Joyce.
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 3, 2015 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 250
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 3, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 694
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 3, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 536
Learn how you can use the CoSN SEND II Decision Tree for Education Technology to make sure that your K–12 technology initiatives create a more engaging learning experience that empowers students, teachers, and administrators alike.
Aug. 3, 2015 05:45 PM EDT
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 277
As Marc Andreessen says software is eating the world. Everything is rapidly moving toward being software-defined – from our phones and cars through our washing machines to the datacenter. However, there are larger challenges when implementing software defined on a larger scale - when building software defined infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Boyan Ivanov, CEO of StorPool, provided some practical insights on what, how and why when implementing "software-defined" in the datacent...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:45 PM EDT
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Com...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:30 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that VividCortex, the monitoring solution for the modern data system, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The database is the heart of most applications, but it’s also the part that’s hardest to scale, monitor, and optimize even as it’s growing 50% year over year. VividCortex is the first unified suite of database monitoring tools specifically desi...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 560
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 209
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 3, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 369
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 194
Take the Long View with Digital Transformation By @IoT2040 | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #API #Microservices #InternetOfThings
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,140
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 439
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 489
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,704
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 343
[slides] A New Architecture for the Internet of Things By @JKirklan | @ThingsExpo @RedHatNews #IoT #M2M #InternetOfThings
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,428
Malicious agents are moving faster than the speed of business. Even more worrisome, most companies are relying on legacy approaches to security that are no longer capable of meeting current threats. In the modern cloud, threat diversity is rapidly expanding, necessitating more sophisticated security protocols than those used in the past or in desktop environments. Yet companies are falling for cloud security myths that were truths at one time but have evolved out of existence.
Jul. 30, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,832
[slides] Workloads and Public Cloud at @CloudExpo By @utollwi | @ProfitBricksUSA #DevOps #Containers #Microservices
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jul. 30, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,248