|By Business Wire||
|November 8, 2012 12:23 PM EST||
harmon.ie® today announced its Second Annual Top 25 Online SharePoint Influencers list, created to recognize those individuals most influential in helping enterprises navigate the constantly innovating Microsoft® SharePoint® business environment. The list, commissioned by harmon.ie, was compiled by an analysis of the online impact of more than 700 prominent SharePoint thought leaders whose blogs and tweets provide a road map for using SharePoint to build stronger collaborative and social enterprises.
Today’s business environment requires companies to be as nimble as possible to address the changing needs of the organization. And with the unprecedented recent crop of innovative new technologies, like Windows® 8, Office™ 2013, SharePoint® 2013 and Office™ 365, businesses need these top 25 influencers to guide them on navigating the complex multi-platform technology environment.
“Two things are coming into play here - SharePoint has become a more strategic platform for businesses, while users are looking for better social solutions, adoption strategies and innovative approaches to business problems,” said Mark Fidelman, CEO of Evolve!, a social business consultancy, and leading social strategist of the Top 25 Influencer Award. “These 25 individuals are passionate advocates, who are re-defining the value of social community and collaboration.”
To attain the top 25 list, analysts used a formula designed to determine retweet frequency, blog reach, citations by other influential bloggers and related factors measuring the impact of individual SharePoint community members. They then assigned weights to each factor and ranked the results.
“Being recognized as a top SharePoint influencer is an honor and very meaningful to me,” said Joel Oleson, SharePoint global evangelist. “There is something very special about community and social networking that makes what we do break down barriers. I really do love my followers, and try to get to know them wherever they are around the world with insight and knowledge to help them carry on.”
The top 10 SharePoint influencers on harmon.ie's list, their Twitter usernames and blog URLs are:
- Joel Oleson (@joeloleson, http://www.sharepointjoel.com/default.aspx), the first dedicated SharePoint administrator who has been working with SharePoint for nearly 12 years; a SharePoint content and collaboration solutions manager at LDS Church; former Microsoft senior technical product manager who designed both intranet and extranet SharePoint deployments for IT professionals; was a member of the team who architected the first rollout of Microsoft's own global search, intranet, team sites. Oleson moved up from the #2 spot in 2011.
- Mark Miller (@eusp, http://www.nothingbutsharepoint.com/sites/eusp/Pages/default.aspx), founder and editor of the EndUserSharePoint.com community dedicated to providing support for SharePoint end users; helps organizations gain global visibility through use of social media, online community building and relationship development; international traveler; frequent speaker at SharePoint events, conferences and webcasts worldwide on building digital communities and future of productivity.
- Andrew Connell (@andrewconnell, http://www.andrewconnell.com/blog), a SharePoint developer and instructor who is co-founder, instructor and speaker at SharePoint education and training company Critical Path Training. He is also a Microsoft MVP for Office SharePoint Server.
- Laura Rogers (@WonderLaura, http://www.wonderlaura.com), a Microsoft MVP and senior SharePoint specialist at Rackspace Hosting, she has eight years of experience in making the most of SharePoint’s out-of-the-box capabilities and works with SharePoint Designer workflows, InfoPath and Data View Web Parts. Latest books: Using Microsoft InfoPath 2010 with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Step by Step and Beginning SharePoint 2010: Building Business Solutions with SharePoint.
- John Mancini (@jmancini77, http://www.digitallandfill.org/), president of AIIM (Association for Information and Image Management) International, a non-profit association focused on the document and content management technologies that are key enablers of process change at leading companies.
- Todd Klindt (@toddklindt, http://www.toddklindt.com/blog/default.aspx), a professional computer consultant for more than 15 years, specializing in SharePoint for the last eight years, he currently works at Rackspace, authored Professional SharePoint 2010 Administration and is an MVP for Windows SharePoint Services.
- Dux Raymond Sy (@meetdux, http://sp.meetdux.com/default.aspx), SharePoint MVP at Microsoft, event chair at SharePoint Saturday and managing partner at Innovative-e, Inc., a Microsoft Gold-certified business technology consulting and services company specializing in SharePoint implementations. Author of SharePoint for Project Management and a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Jeremy Thake (@jthake, http://wss.made4the.net/default.aspx), a SharePoint evangelist since 2006 and SharePoint MVP who currently serves as enterprise architect at AvePoint, which provides SharePoint governance solutions for SharePoint. His previous SharePoint engagements have included supporting Microsoft sales teams with SharePoint questions as a virtual technical specialist.
- Mike Herrity (@mikeherrity, http://sharepointineducation.com), assistant headteacher at Twynham School in Christchurch, Dorset. Has been working with SharePoint to support learning since 2000.
- Michael Gannoti (@gannoti, http://michaelgannotti.com/general/new-blogging-chapter-begins/), as a technical architect for Microsoft, he helps large organizations architect and implement solutions in the Business Productivity space. Frequently these sessions focus around social media.
“SharePoint is a powerful platform that helps businesses work more productively, and the members of the SharePoint ecosystem serve an invaluable layer by creating an environment for innovation, community and response to changing business conditions,” said David Lavenda, vice president of marketing and product strategy at harmon.ie. “This list represents those SharePoint community leaders who can offer innovative ideas and approaches to help users in business and education adopt SharePoint and manage their collaborative processes better and more strategically.”
The entire Top 25 Online SharePoint Influencers' list and an Infographic can be found at http://harmon.ie/blog/11-08-2012.
harmon.ie provides software solutions to advance the social user experience by aggregating document collaboration, enterprise social networking and other social tools into the email client and mobile devices. Thousands of businesses including Continental Corporation, BearingPoint and Amway use harmon.ie to vastly increase user adoption of applications such as Microsoft SharePoint, IBM® Connections, and Google Docs™ for social and collaboration functions. harmon.ie is a Microsoft Gold Competency ISV Partner. For more information, visit http://harmon.ie/.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 845
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,124
“We help people build clusters, in the classical sense of the cluster. We help people put a full stack on top of every single one of those machines. We do the full bare metal install," explained Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 02:30 PM EST Reads: 825
The cloud is becoming the de-facto way for enterprises to leverage common infrastructure while innovating and one of the biggest obstacles facing public cloud computing is security. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jeff Aliber, a global marketing executive at Verizon, discussed how the best place for web security is in the cloud. Benefits include: Functions as the first layer of defense Easy operation –CNAME change Implement an integrated solution Best architecture for addressing network-l...
Dec. 18, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 871
Mobile commerce traffic is surpassing desktop, yet less than 20% of sales in the U.S. are mobile commerce sales. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dan Franklin, Segment Manager, Commerce, at Verizon Digital Media Services, defined mobile devices and discussed how next generation means simplification. It means taking your digital content and turning it into instantly gratifying experiences.
Dec. 18, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,016
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 889
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, p...
Dec. 18, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,112
Leysin American School is an exclusive, private boarding school located in Leysin, Switzerland. Leysin selected an OpenStack-powered, private cloud as a service to manage multiple applications and provide development environments for students across the institution. Seeking to meet rigid data sovereignty and data integrity requirements while offering flexible, on-demand cloud resources to users, Leysin identified OpenStack as the clear choice to round out the school's cloud strategy. Additional...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,840
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,240
Verizon Enterprise Solutions is simplifying the cloud-purchasing experience for its clients, with the launch of Verizon Cloud Marketplace, a key foundational component of the company's robust ecosystem of enterprise-class technologies. The online storefront will initially feature pre-built cloud-based services from AppDynamics, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, PfSense and Tervela. Available globally to enterprises using Verizon Cloud, Verizon Cloud Marketplace provides a one-stop shop fo...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,794
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover ...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,068
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,884
"Our premise is Docker is not enough. That's not a bad thing - we actually love Docker. At ActiveState all our products are based on open source technology and Docker is an up-and-coming piece of open source technology," explained Bart Copeland, President & CEO of ActiveState Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,830
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,768
SYS-CON Events announced today that AIC, a leading provider of OEM/ODM server and storage solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AIC is a leading provider of both standard OTS, off-the-shelf, and OEM/ODM server and storage solutions. With expert in-house design capabilities, validation, manufacturing and production, AIC's broad selection of products are highly flexible and are conf...
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 AM EST Reads: 1,720
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada...
Dec. 18, 2014 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,878
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,208
“We are a managed services company. We have taken the key aspects of the cloud and the purposed data center and merged the two together and launched the Purposed Cloud about 18–24 months ago," explained Chetan Patwardhan, CEO of Stratogent, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,174
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session a...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,265