|By Business Wire||
|November 8, 2012 12:23 PM EST||
harmon.ie® today announced its Second Annual Top 25 Online SharePoint Influencers list, created to recognize those individuals most influential in helping enterprises navigate the constantly innovating Microsoft® SharePoint® business environment. The list, commissioned by harmon.ie, was compiled by an analysis of the online impact of more than 700 prominent SharePoint thought leaders whose blogs and tweets provide a road map for using SharePoint to build stronger collaborative and social enterprises.
Today’s business environment requires companies to be as nimble as possible to address the changing needs of the organization. And with the unprecedented recent crop of innovative new technologies, like Windows® 8, Office™ 2013, SharePoint® 2013 and Office™ 365, businesses need these top 25 influencers to guide them on navigating the complex multi-platform technology environment.
“Two things are coming into play here - SharePoint has become a more strategic platform for businesses, while users are looking for better social solutions, adoption strategies and innovative approaches to business problems,” said Mark Fidelman, CEO of Evolve!, a social business consultancy, and leading social strategist of the Top 25 Influencer Award. “These 25 individuals are passionate advocates, who are re-defining the value of social community and collaboration.”
To attain the top 25 list, analysts used a formula designed to determine retweet frequency, blog reach, citations by other influential bloggers and related factors measuring the impact of individual SharePoint community members. They then assigned weights to each factor and ranked the results.
“Being recognized as a top SharePoint influencer is an honor and very meaningful to me,” said Joel Oleson, SharePoint global evangelist. “There is something very special about community and social networking that makes what we do break down barriers. I really do love my followers, and try to get to know them wherever they are around the world with insight and knowledge to help them carry on.”
The top 10 SharePoint influencers on harmon.ie's list, their Twitter usernames and blog URLs are:
- Joel Oleson (@joeloleson, http://www.sharepointjoel.com/default.aspx), the first dedicated SharePoint administrator who has been working with SharePoint for nearly 12 years; a SharePoint content and collaboration solutions manager at LDS Church; former Microsoft senior technical product manager who designed both intranet and extranet SharePoint deployments for IT professionals; was a member of the team who architected the first rollout of Microsoft's own global search, intranet, team sites. Oleson moved up from the #2 spot in 2011.
- Mark Miller (@eusp, http://www.nothingbutsharepoint.com/sites/eusp/Pages/default.aspx), founder and editor of the EndUserSharePoint.com community dedicated to providing support for SharePoint end users; helps organizations gain global visibility through use of social media, online community building and relationship development; international traveler; frequent speaker at SharePoint events, conferences and webcasts worldwide on building digital communities and future of productivity.
- Andrew Connell (@andrewconnell, http://www.andrewconnell.com/blog), a SharePoint developer and instructor who is co-founder, instructor and speaker at SharePoint education and training company Critical Path Training. He is also a Microsoft MVP for Office SharePoint Server.
- Laura Rogers (@WonderLaura, http://www.wonderlaura.com), a Microsoft MVP and senior SharePoint specialist at Rackspace Hosting, she has eight years of experience in making the most of SharePoint’s out-of-the-box capabilities and works with SharePoint Designer workflows, InfoPath and Data View Web Parts. Latest books: Using Microsoft InfoPath 2010 with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Step by Step and Beginning SharePoint 2010: Building Business Solutions with SharePoint.
- John Mancini (@jmancini77, http://www.digitallandfill.org/), president of AIIM (Association for Information and Image Management) International, a non-profit association focused on the document and content management technologies that are key enablers of process change at leading companies.
- Todd Klindt (@toddklindt, http://www.toddklindt.com/blog/default.aspx), a professional computer consultant for more than 15 years, specializing in SharePoint for the last eight years, he currently works at Rackspace, authored Professional SharePoint 2010 Administration and is an MVP for Windows SharePoint Services.
- Dux Raymond Sy (@meetdux, http://sp.meetdux.com/default.aspx), SharePoint MVP at Microsoft, event chair at SharePoint Saturday and managing partner at Innovative-e, Inc., a Microsoft Gold-certified business technology consulting and services company specializing in SharePoint implementations. Author of SharePoint for Project Management and a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Jeremy Thake (@jthake, http://wss.made4the.net/default.aspx), a SharePoint evangelist since 2006 and SharePoint MVP who currently serves as enterprise architect at AvePoint, which provides SharePoint governance solutions for SharePoint. His previous SharePoint engagements have included supporting Microsoft sales teams with SharePoint questions as a virtual technical specialist.
- Mike Herrity (@mikeherrity, http://sharepointineducation.com), assistant headteacher at Twynham School in Christchurch, Dorset. Has been working with SharePoint to support learning since 2000.
- Michael Gannoti (@gannoti, http://michaelgannotti.com/general/new-blogging-chapter-begins/), as a technical architect for Microsoft, he helps large organizations architect and implement solutions in the Business Productivity space. Frequently these sessions focus around social media.
“SharePoint is a powerful platform that helps businesses work more productively, and the members of the SharePoint ecosystem serve an invaluable layer by creating an environment for innovation, community and response to changing business conditions,” said David Lavenda, vice president of marketing and product strategy at harmon.ie. “This list represents those SharePoint community leaders who can offer innovative ideas and approaches to help users in business and education adopt SharePoint and manage their collaborative processes better and more strategically.”
The entire Top 25 Online SharePoint Influencers' list and an Infographic can be found at http://harmon.ie/blog/11-08-2012.
harmon.ie provides software solutions to advance the social user experience by aggregating document collaboration, enterprise social networking and other social tools into the email client and mobile devices. Thousands of businesses including Continental Corporation, BearingPoint and Amway use harmon.ie to vastly increase user adoption of applications such as Microsoft SharePoint, IBM® Connections, and Google Docs™ for social and collaboration functions. harmon.ie is a Microsoft Gold Competency ISV Partner. For more information, visit http://harmon.ie/.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 21, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,620
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 5,774
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 5,267
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,607
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 4,378
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 3,737
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Jan. 21, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,768
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 21, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,847
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 21, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 11,600
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smart...
Jan. 21, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,806
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed ...
Jan. 21, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 6,435
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 21, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 6,119
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager - Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, reviewed next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discussed how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has been engaged in t...
Jan. 21, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,156
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Jan. 21, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 2,457
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 21, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 1,314
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 21, 2017 07:15 AM EST Reads: 944
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 21, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,956
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 21, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,660
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 21, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,102
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Jan. 21, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 3,564