|By Business Wire||
|November 8, 2012 12:23 PM EST||
harmon.ie® today announced its Second Annual Top 25 Online SharePoint Influencers list, created to recognize those individuals most influential in helping enterprises navigate the constantly innovating Microsoft® SharePoint® business environment. The list, commissioned by harmon.ie, was compiled by an analysis of the online impact of more than 700 prominent SharePoint thought leaders whose blogs and tweets provide a road map for using SharePoint to build stronger collaborative and social enterprises.
Today’s business environment requires companies to be as nimble as possible to address the changing needs of the organization. And with the unprecedented recent crop of innovative new technologies, like Windows® 8, Office™ 2013, SharePoint® 2013 and Office™ 365, businesses need these top 25 influencers to guide them on navigating the complex multi-platform technology environment.
“Two things are coming into play here - SharePoint has become a more strategic platform for businesses, while users are looking for better social solutions, adoption strategies and innovative approaches to business problems,” said Mark Fidelman, CEO of Evolve!, a social business consultancy, and leading social strategist of the Top 25 Influencer Award. “These 25 individuals are passionate advocates, who are re-defining the value of social community and collaboration.”
To attain the top 25 list, analysts used a formula designed to determine retweet frequency, blog reach, citations by other influential bloggers and related factors measuring the impact of individual SharePoint community members. They then assigned weights to each factor and ranked the results.
“Being recognized as a top SharePoint influencer is an honor and very meaningful to me,” said Joel Oleson, SharePoint global evangelist. “There is something very special about community and social networking that makes what we do break down barriers. I really do love my followers, and try to get to know them wherever they are around the world with insight and knowledge to help them carry on.”
The top 10 SharePoint influencers on harmon.ie's list, their Twitter usernames and blog URLs are:
- Joel Oleson (@joeloleson, http://www.sharepointjoel.com/default.aspx), the first dedicated SharePoint administrator who has been working with SharePoint for nearly 12 years; a SharePoint content and collaboration solutions manager at LDS Church; former Microsoft senior technical product manager who designed both intranet and extranet SharePoint deployments for IT professionals; was a member of the team who architected the first rollout of Microsoft's own global search, intranet, team sites. Oleson moved up from the #2 spot in 2011.
- Mark Miller (@eusp, http://www.nothingbutsharepoint.com/sites/eusp/Pages/default.aspx), founder and editor of the EndUserSharePoint.com community dedicated to providing support for SharePoint end users; helps organizations gain global visibility through use of social media, online community building and relationship development; international traveler; frequent speaker at SharePoint events, conferences and webcasts worldwide on building digital communities and future of productivity.
- Andrew Connell (@andrewconnell, http://www.andrewconnell.com/blog), a SharePoint developer and instructor who is co-founder, instructor and speaker at SharePoint education and training company Critical Path Training. He is also a Microsoft MVP for Office SharePoint Server.
- Laura Rogers (@WonderLaura, http://www.wonderlaura.com), a Microsoft MVP and senior SharePoint specialist at Rackspace Hosting, she has eight years of experience in making the most of SharePoint’s out-of-the-box capabilities and works with SharePoint Designer workflows, InfoPath and Data View Web Parts. Latest books: Using Microsoft InfoPath 2010 with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Step by Step and Beginning SharePoint 2010: Building Business Solutions with SharePoint.
- John Mancini (@jmancini77, http://www.digitallandfill.org/), president of AIIM (Association for Information and Image Management) International, a non-profit association focused on the document and content management technologies that are key enablers of process change at leading companies.
- Todd Klindt (@toddklindt, http://www.toddklindt.com/blog/default.aspx), a professional computer consultant for more than 15 years, specializing in SharePoint for the last eight years, he currently works at Rackspace, authored Professional SharePoint 2010 Administration and is an MVP for Windows SharePoint Services.
- Dux Raymond Sy (@meetdux, http://sp.meetdux.com/default.aspx), SharePoint MVP at Microsoft, event chair at SharePoint Saturday and managing partner at Innovative-e, Inc., a Microsoft Gold-certified business technology consulting and services company specializing in SharePoint implementations. Author of SharePoint for Project Management and a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Jeremy Thake (@jthake, http://wss.made4the.net/default.aspx), a SharePoint evangelist since 2006 and SharePoint MVP who currently serves as enterprise architect at AvePoint, which provides SharePoint governance solutions for SharePoint. His previous SharePoint engagements have included supporting Microsoft sales teams with SharePoint questions as a virtual technical specialist.
- Mike Herrity (@mikeherrity, http://sharepointineducation.com), assistant headteacher at Twynham School in Christchurch, Dorset. Has been working with SharePoint to support learning since 2000.
- Michael Gannoti (@gannoti, http://michaelgannotti.com/general/new-blogging-chapter-begins/), as a technical architect for Microsoft, he helps large organizations architect and implement solutions in the Business Productivity space. Frequently these sessions focus around social media.
“SharePoint is a powerful platform that helps businesses work more productively, and the members of the SharePoint ecosystem serve an invaluable layer by creating an environment for innovation, community and response to changing business conditions,” said David Lavenda, vice president of marketing and product strategy at harmon.ie. “This list represents those SharePoint community leaders who can offer innovative ideas and approaches to help users in business and education adopt SharePoint and manage their collaborative processes better and more strategically.”
The entire Top 25 Online SharePoint Influencers' list and an Infographic can be found at http://harmon.ie/blog/11-08-2012.
harmon.ie provides software solutions to advance the social user experience by aggregating document collaboration, enterprise social networking and other social tools into the email client and mobile devices. Thousands of businesses including Continental Corporation, BearingPoint and Amway use harmon.ie to vastly increase user adoption of applications such as Microsoft SharePoint, IBM® Connections, and Google Docs™ for social and collaboration functions. harmon.ie is a Microsoft Gold Competency ISV Partner. For more information, visit http://harmon.ie/.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 13, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 465
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 13, 2016 03:45 AM EST Reads: 241
Father business cycles and digital consumers are forcing enterprises to respond faster to customer needs and competitive demands. Successful integration of DevOps and Agile development will be key for business success in today’s digital economy. In his session at DevOps Summit, Pradeep Prabhu, Co-Founder & CEO of Cloudmunch, covered the critical practices that enterprises should consider to seamlessly integrate Agile and DevOps processes, barriers to implementing this in the enterprise, and pr...
Feb. 13, 2016 03:00 AM EST Reads: 463
Sensors and effectors of IoT are solving problems in new ways, but small businesses have been slow to join the quantified world. They’ll need information from IoT using applications as varied as the businesses themselves. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Meike, Distinguished Engineer, Director of Technology Innovation at Intuit, showed how IoT manufacturers can use open standards, public APIs and custom apps to enable the Quantified Small Business. He used a Raspberry Pi to connect sensors...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 371
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, will discuss how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved effi...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 276
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 12, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 245
Data-as-a-Service is the complete package for the transformation of raw data into meaningful data assets and the delivery of those data assets. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lakshmi Randall, an industry expert, analyst and strategist, will address: What is DaaS (Data-as-a-Service)? Challenges addressed by DaaS Vendors that are enabling DaaS Architecture options for DaaS
Feb. 12, 2016 09:45 PM EST Reads: 386
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 404
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST
When building large, cloud-based applications that operate at a high scale, it’s important to maintain a high availability and resilience to failures. In order to do that, you must be tolerant of failures, even in light of failures in other areas of your application. “Fly two mistakes high” is an old adage in the radio control airplane hobby. It means, fly high enough so that if you make a mistake, you can continue flying with room to still make mistakes. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:45 PM EST
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 193
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 432
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 12, 2016 03:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 457
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST
How Best to Integrate Cloud Foundry into Your Existing Ecosystem By @Gidrontxt | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps
As someone who has been dedicated to automation and Application Release Automation (ARA) technology for almost six years now, one of the most common questions I get asked regards Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Specifically, people want to know whether release automation is still needed when a PaaS is in place, and why. Isn't that what a PaaS provides? A solution to the deployment and runtime challenges of an application? Why would anyone using a PaaS then need an automation engine with workflow ...
Feb. 12, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 237
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 12, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 237
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 12, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 269
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 12, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 121
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 12, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 458