|By Business Wire||
|November 8, 2012 12:23 PM EST||
harmon.ie® today announced its Second Annual Top 25 Online SharePoint Influencers list, created to recognize those individuals most influential in helping enterprises navigate the constantly innovating Microsoft® SharePoint® business environment. The list, commissioned by harmon.ie, was compiled by an analysis of the online impact of more than 700 prominent SharePoint thought leaders whose blogs and tweets provide a road map for using SharePoint to build stronger collaborative and social enterprises.
Today’s business environment requires companies to be as nimble as possible to address the changing needs of the organization. And with the unprecedented recent crop of innovative new technologies, like Windows® 8, Office™ 2013, SharePoint® 2013 and Office™ 365, businesses need these top 25 influencers to guide them on navigating the complex multi-platform technology environment.
“Two things are coming into play here - SharePoint has become a more strategic platform for businesses, while users are looking for better social solutions, adoption strategies and innovative approaches to business problems,” said Mark Fidelman, CEO of Evolve!, a social business consultancy, and leading social strategist of the Top 25 Influencer Award. “These 25 individuals are passionate advocates, who are re-defining the value of social community and collaboration.”
To attain the top 25 list, analysts used a formula designed to determine retweet frequency, blog reach, citations by other influential bloggers and related factors measuring the impact of individual SharePoint community members. They then assigned weights to each factor and ranked the results.
“Being recognized as a top SharePoint influencer is an honor and very meaningful to me,” said Joel Oleson, SharePoint global evangelist. “There is something very special about community and social networking that makes what we do break down barriers. I really do love my followers, and try to get to know them wherever they are around the world with insight and knowledge to help them carry on.”
The top 10 SharePoint influencers on harmon.ie's list, their Twitter usernames and blog URLs are:
- Joel Oleson (@joeloleson, http://www.sharepointjoel.com/default.aspx), the first dedicated SharePoint administrator who has been working with SharePoint for nearly 12 years; a SharePoint content and collaboration solutions manager at LDS Church; former Microsoft senior technical product manager who designed both intranet and extranet SharePoint deployments for IT professionals; was a member of the team who architected the first rollout of Microsoft's own global search, intranet, team sites. Oleson moved up from the #2 spot in 2011.
- Mark Miller (@eusp, http://www.nothingbutsharepoint.com/sites/eusp/Pages/default.aspx), founder and editor of the EndUserSharePoint.com community dedicated to providing support for SharePoint end users; helps organizations gain global visibility through use of social media, online community building and relationship development; international traveler; frequent speaker at SharePoint events, conferences and webcasts worldwide on building digital communities and future of productivity.
- Andrew Connell (@andrewconnell, http://www.andrewconnell.com/blog), a SharePoint developer and instructor who is co-founder, instructor and speaker at SharePoint education and training company Critical Path Training. He is also a Microsoft MVP for Office SharePoint Server.
- Laura Rogers (@WonderLaura, http://www.wonderlaura.com), a Microsoft MVP and senior SharePoint specialist at Rackspace Hosting, she has eight years of experience in making the most of SharePoint’s out-of-the-box capabilities and works with SharePoint Designer workflows, InfoPath and Data View Web Parts. Latest books: Using Microsoft InfoPath 2010 with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Step by Step and Beginning SharePoint 2010: Building Business Solutions with SharePoint.
- John Mancini (@jmancini77, http://www.digitallandfill.org/), president of AIIM (Association for Information and Image Management) International, a non-profit association focused on the document and content management technologies that are key enablers of process change at leading companies.
- Todd Klindt (@toddklindt, http://www.toddklindt.com/blog/default.aspx), a professional computer consultant for more than 15 years, specializing in SharePoint for the last eight years, he currently works at Rackspace, authored Professional SharePoint 2010 Administration and is an MVP for Windows SharePoint Services.
- Dux Raymond Sy (@meetdux, http://sp.meetdux.com/default.aspx), SharePoint MVP at Microsoft, event chair at SharePoint Saturday and managing partner at Innovative-e, Inc., a Microsoft Gold-certified business technology consulting and services company specializing in SharePoint implementations. Author of SharePoint for Project Management and a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Jeremy Thake (@jthake, http://wss.made4the.net/default.aspx), a SharePoint evangelist since 2006 and SharePoint MVP who currently serves as enterprise architect at AvePoint, which provides SharePoint governance solutions for SharePoint. His previous SharePoint engagements have included supporting Microsoft sales teams with SharePoint questions as a virtual technical specialist.
- Mike Herrity (@mikeherrity, http://sharepointineducation.com), assistant headteacher at Twynham School in Christchurch, Dorset. Has been working with SharePoint to support learning since 2000.
- Michael Gannoti (@gannoti, http://michaelgannotti.com/general/new-blogging-chapter-begins/), as a technical architect for Microsoft, he helps large organizations architect and implement solutions in the Business Productivity space. Frequently these sessions focus around social media.
“SharePoint is a powerful platform that helps businesses work more productively, and the members of the SharePoint ecosystem serve an invaluable layer by creating an environment for innovation, community and response to changing business conditions,” said David Lavenda, vice president of marketing and product strategy at harmon.ie. “This list represents those SharePoint community leaders who can offer innovative ideas and approaches to help users in business and education adopt SharePoint and manage their collaborative processes better and more strategically.”
The entire Top 25 Online SharePoint Influencers' list and an Infographic can be found at http://harmon.ie/blog/11-08-2012.
harmon.ie provides software solutions to advance the social user experience by aggregating document collaboration, enterprise social networking and other social tools into the email client and mobile devices. Thousands of businesses including Continental Corporation, BearingPoint and Amway use harmon.ie to vastly increase user adoption of applications such as Microsoft SharePoint, IBM® Connections, and Google Docs™ for social and collaboration functions. harmon.ie is a Microsoft Gold Competency ISV Partner. For more information, visit http://harmon.ie/.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Sep. 28, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 250
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,762
[session] How Disruptive IoT Will Be for the Enterprise By @Citrix | @ThingsExpo #IoT #BusinessIntelligence
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 219
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,715
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 28, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 359
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,804
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Sep. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,428
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Sep. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,863
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Sep. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,485
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Sep. 28, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,481
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Sep. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 354
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,308
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,144
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,868
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 28, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,741
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Sep. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,325
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,925
We’ve been doing it for years, decades for some. How many websites have you created accounts on? Your bank, your credit card companies, social media sites, hotels and travel sites, online shopping sites, and that’s just the start. We do it often without even thinking about it, quickly entering our personal information, our data, in a plethora of systems. Sometimes we’re not even aware of the information we are providing. It could be very personal information (think of the security questions you ...
Sep. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,784
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,422
[session] Cloud Adoption and Digital Transformation By @TIBCO | @CloudExpo #Cloud #DigitalTransformation
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 28, 2016 01:57 PM EDT Reads: 281