|By Business Wire||
|November 8, 2012 09:18 AM EST||
Blue Rooster (www.bluerooster.com), an interactive agency and technology company specializing in driving adoption of Global 500 intranets in today’s consumer-driven world, today announced the availability of “Madison” (www.sharewithmadison.com), a pioneering document sharing and collaboration tool based on Microsoft SharePoint. Blue Rooster developed Madison to make sharing business documents easier than ever before by enabling users to collaborate on documents and manage project folders both inside and outside their respective firewalls.
As part of today’s launch, Blue Rooster announced that Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc., the market leader in document imaging scanners, is Madison’s first enterprise customer.
Adding to its ease of adoption, Blue Rooster engineered Madison to leverage the core IT infrastructure already in place for the vast majority of Global 500 companies: Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Microsoft Azure. Being powered by SharePoint and Azure enables seamless integration for Madison. In addition to security benefits, this also allows Madison to be cost-effective, as corporations can keep their IT infrastructure within the Microsoft ecosystem.
“As a key North American business unit within a multinational corporation such as Fujitsu, we know that the ability to securely share files and improve collaboration that Madison empowers is of tremendous value for our employees that are constantly interacting with stakeholders across multiple countries,” said Scott Francis, vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “We look forward to working with Blue Rooster to establish and deepen the implementation to assist in the SharePoint-based document collaboration with our workforce around the globe.”
“We developed Madison to provide a simple and clean user experience, requiring little to no employee training and offering seamless document sharing, all supported by the security of internal networks and Microsoft’s proven enterprise software and cloud infrastructure,” said Kevin Conroy, Blue Rooster founder and president. “In doing so, Madison breaks new ground, as while existing third-party document sharing services are popular, they can be cumbersome to use and sometimes fail to adequately address many companies’ security policies by placing documents and other files outside of the firewall. We are thrilled to be launching this solution for enterprise workforces who stand to benefit from the improved employee collaboration and productivity that Madison can facilitate.”
Conroy added that Madison was especially designed to accommodate and share files that are too big to email or that require extra levels of security. On the back-end, the combination of Microsoft SharePoint and Azure helps to provide a proven and secure platform for Madison to work effectively for corporate users.
In addition, Madison offers a document sharing capability that simultaneously addresses simplicity, flexibility, and security:
- User experience: Blue Rooster developed Madison to be easier than other document sharing options. From a SharePoint document library, users can right-click on a document or folder and select “Share with Madison” from the context menu. They can then enter the recipient or recipients, compose a short message, adjust security settings and send it along. From that point, the recipient receives an email with a link. The recipient just has to click, log in or create an account, and they have access to the document or folder. New users can sign up for a free 5GB Madison account and start collaborating immediately.
- Activity feeds: Madison incorporates employee activity feeds to support improved internal communication and true collaboration. Madison’s activity feeds are also tied to SharePoint’s social feeds;
- Flexibility: If users want or need to send the link over IM and not via email, they can simply take the link from Madison and paste it in their IM. And if they’re navigating in a folder full of documents, “Gallery view” and “Preview” capabilities enable users to sort through the documents quickly. They can also open documents in the browser, where a Madison sharing menu is available on the right side of the screen.
- Security: Madison allows users to password-protect the files they share. If a user only shares a single file, the recipient won’t be able to access any of the other files in the folder. And the “Share with Madison” capability can be added to any document library within a SharePoint installation, but does not need to be installed on all libraries, so IT can manage the libraries on an individual basis.
Madison also provides specific functionality around document preview and commenting in which users can comment on shared documents in the document preview mode. Madison’s preview capability supports a wide variety of document types, including Microsoft Office file formats as well as PDFs, images and movies.
Madison users can also monitor activity feeds and manage access to shared documents and folders accordingly. They can also manage versions of designated documents, as previous versions are archived and can be recovered at any time for updating or reference.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
About Blue Rooster
Building the Globally Connected Enterprise™, Blue Rooster (www.bluerooster.com) is an interactive agency and technology company specializing in driving adoption of Global 500 intranets in today’s consumer-focused world. Blue Rooster works with the world’s leading companies, helping them to Create, Build, and Experience powerful and intuitive Microsoft SharePoint solutions that are easy to adopt in the enterprise. A US-based team of UX designers, strategists and software engineers, Blue Rooster delivers the connected User Experience that is required in today's marketplace; on premise, in the cloud and on any device. Blue Rooster works with Fortune 500 companies in Pharma, Healthcare, Consumer Products, Financial Services, Logistics, Energy and Technology. Working with such clients as FedEx, Abbott Labs, Chevron, Eli Lilly and Microsoft, the company develops collaborative solutions that work across multiple platforms, teams and devices.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Agile PMO
- The Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative Announces New Backers, First Projects to Receive Support and Advisory Board Members
- How to Strategically Benefit from AANPM
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- Web Service Monitoring 101: Identifying Bad Deployments
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- How to Monitor the Web Performance of Your Competition
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- "Cloud Computing 2.0" -- I'm Serious
- Storage Made Easy Brings Private Enterprise File Share and Sync for Amazon S3 to AWS GovCloud
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Adobe Releases Update to Patch Zero Day Vulnerability
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- As Registration Deadline Nears, dmexco 2014 Is More Popular Than Ever
- Software Quality Metrics for Your Continuous Delivery Pipeline | Part 2
- Atmel Extends Industry Leading maXTouch T Series with the Market's Highest Performance Touchscreen Controller
- The Problem with Cloud SLAs
- New Photo Sharing Service izitru Establishes Photoshop-Free Zone
- Emulex and Compuware Team Up to Drastically Improve Data Centre Problem Identification and Resolution
- The Agile PMO
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Jul. 23, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,230
Cloud Computing is evolving into a Big Three of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. Cloud 360: Multi-Cloud Bootcamp, being held Nov 4–5, 2014, in conjunction with 15th Cloud Expo in Santa Clara, CA, delivers a real-world demonstration of how to deploy and configure a scalable and available web application on all three platforms. The Cloud 360 Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, an analyst with Gigaom Research, is the first bootcamp that introduces the core concepts of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) based on the workings of the Big Three platforms – Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, and Azure VMs. Bootcamp attendees will get to see the big picture and also receive the knowledge needed to make the best cloud decisions for their business applications and entire enterprise IT organization.
Jul. 23, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,106
The Internet of Things is a natural complement to the cloud and related technologies such as Big Data, analytics, and mobility. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Joe Weinman will lay out four generic strategies – digital disciplines – to exploit emerging digital technologies for strategic advantage. Joe Weinman has held executive leadership positions at Bell Labs, AT&T, Hewlett-Packard, and Telx, in areas such as corporate strategy, business development, product management, operations, and R&D.
Jul. 21, 2014 11:17 AM EDT Reads: 1,736
SYS-CON Events announced today that DevOps.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's “DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo,” which will take place on June 10–12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. DevOps.com is where the world meets DevOps. It is the largest collection of original content relating to DevOps on the web today Featuring up-to-the-minute news, feature stories, blogs, bylined articles and more, DevOps.com is where the thought leaders of the DevOps movement make their ideas known.
Jul. 20, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,544
There are 182 billion emails sent every day, generating a lot of data about how recipients and ISPs respond. Many marketers take a more-is-better approach to stats, preferring to have the ability to slice and dice their email lists based numerous arbitrary stats. However, fundamentally what really matters is whether or not sending an email to a particular recipient will generate value. Data Scientists can design high-level insights such as engagement prediction models and content clusters that allow marketers to cut through the noise and design their campaigns around strong, predictive signals, rather than arbitrary statistics. SendGrid sends up to half a billion emails a day for customers such as Pinterest and GitHub. All this email adds up to more text than produced in the entire twitterverse. We track events like clicks, opens and deliveries to help improve deliverability for our customers – adding up to over 50 billion useful events every month. While SendGrid data covers only abo...
Jul. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,200
SYS-CON Events announced today that the Web Host Industry Review has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Since 2000, The Web Host Industry Review has made a name for itself as the foremost authority of the Web hosting industry providing reliable, insightful and comprehensive news, reviews and resources to the hosting community. TheWHIR Blogs provides a community of expert industry perspectives. The Web Host Industry Review Magazine also offers a business-minded, issue-driven perspective of interest to executives and decision-makers. WHIR TV offers on demand web hosting video interviews and web hosting video features of the key persons and events of the web hosting industry. WHIR Events brings together like-minded hosting industry professionals and decision-makers in local communities. TheWHIR is an iNET Interactive property.
Jul. 20, 2014 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,702
SYS-CON Events announced today that O'Reilly Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
Jul. 19, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,735
SYS-CON Events announced today that Verizon has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Verizon Enterprise Solutions creates global connections that generate growth, drive business innovation and move society forward. With industry-specific solutions and a full range of global wholesale offerings provided over the company's secure mobility, cloud, strategic networking and advanced communications platforms, Verizon Enterprise Solutions helps open new opportunities around the world for innovation, investment and business transformation. Visit verizonenterprise.com to learn more.
Jul. 18, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,718
SYS-CON Events announced today that TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business to business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the communications and technology industries.
Jul. 15, 2014 04:21 PM EDT Reads: 1,195
"In my session I spoke about enterprise cloud analytics and how we can leverage analytics as a service," explained Ajay Budhraja, CTO at the Department of Justice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 14th International Cloud Expo®, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Cloud Expo® 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
Jul. 15, 2014 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,790
“We are starting to see people move beyond the commodity cloud and enterprises need to start focusing on additional value added services in order to really drive their adoption," explained Jason Mondanaro, Director of Product Management at MetraTech, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 14th International Cloud Expo®, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Cloud Expo® 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
Jul. 15, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,757
"We are automated capacity control software, which basically looks at all the supply and demand and running a virtual cloud environment and does a deep analysis of that and says where should things go," explained Andrew Hillier, Co-founder & CTO of CiRBA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 14th International Cloud Expo®, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Cloud Expo® 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
Jul. 15, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,965
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mac Devine, Distinguished Engineer at IBM, will discuss bringing these three elements together via Systems of Discover.
Jul. 15, 2014 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,086
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at 15th Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, Vice President, Product Strategy of LogMeIn's Xively IoT Platform, will show you how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Jul. 14, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,122
All too many discussions about DevOps conclude that the solution is an all-purpose player: developer and operations guru, complete with pager for round-the-clock duty. For most organizations that is not the way forward. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Golden, Vice President of Strategy at ActiveState, will discuss how to achieve the agility and speed of end-to-end automation without requiring an organization stocked with Supermen and Superwomen.
Jul. 14, 2014 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,836