|By Business Wire||
|November 8, 2012 09:18 AM EST||
Blue Rooster (www.bluerooster.com), an interactive agency and technology company specializing in driving adoption of Global 500 intranets in today’s consumer-driven world, today announced the availability of “Madison” (www.sharewithmadison.com), a pioneering document sharing and collaboration tool based on Microsoft SharePoint. Blue Rooster developed Madison to make sharing business documents easier than ever before by enabling users to collaborate on documents and manage project folders both inside and outside their respective firewalls.
As part of today’s launch, Blue Rooster announced that Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc., the market leader in document imaging scanners, is Madison’s first enterprise customer.
Adding to its ease of adoption, Blue Rooster engineered Madison to leverage the core IT infrastructure already in place for the vast majority of Global 500 companies: Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Microsoft Azure. Being powered by SharePoint and Azure enables seamless integration for Madison. In addition to security benefits, this also allows Madison to be cost-effective, as corporations can keep their IT infrastructure within the Microsoft ecosystem.
“As a key North American business unit within a multinational corporation such as Fujitsu, we know that the ability to securely share files and improve collaboration that Madison empowers is of tremendous value for our employees that are constantly interacting with stakeholders across multiple countries,” said Scott Francis, vice president of marketing, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “We look forward to working with Blue Rooster to establish and deepen the implementation to assist in the SharePoint-based document collaboration with our workforce around the globe.”
“We developed Madison to provide a simple and clean user experience, requiring little to no employee training and offering seamless document sharing, all supported by the security of internal networks and Microsoft’s proven enterprise software and cloud infrastructure,” said Kevin Conroy, Blue Rooster founder and president. “In doing so, Madison breaks new ground, as while existing third-party document sharing services are popular, they can be cumbersome to use and sometimes fail to adequately address many companies’ security policies by placing documents and other files outside of the firewall. We are thrilled to be launching this solution for enterprise workforces who stand to benefit from the improved employee collaboration and productivity that Madison can facilitate.”
Conroy added that Madison was especially designed to accommodate and share files that are too big to email or that require extra levels of security. On the back-end, the combination of Microsoft SharePoint and Azure helps to provide a proven and secure platform for Madison to work effectively for corporate users.
In addition, Madison offers a document sharing capability that simultaneously addresses simplicity, flexibility, and security:
- User experience: Blue Rooster developed Madison to be easier than other document sharing options. From a SharePoint document library, users can right-click on a document or folder and select “Share with Madison” from the context menu. They can then enter the recipient or recipients, compose a short message, adjust security settings and send it along. From that point, the recipient receives an email with a link. The recipient just has to click, log in or create an account, and they have access to the document or folder. New users can sign up for a free 5GB Madison account and start collaborating immediately.
- Activity feeds: Madison incorporates employee activity feeds to support improved internal communication and true collaboration. Madison’s activity feeds are also tied to SharePoint’s social feeds;
- Flexibility: If users want or need to send the link over IM and not via email, they can simply take the link from Madison and paste it in their IM. And if they’re navigating in a folder full of documents, “Gallery view” and “Preview” capabilities enable users to sort through the documents quickly. They can also open documents in the browser, where a Madison sharing menu is available on the right side of the screen.
- Security: Madison allows users to password-protect the files they share. If a user only shares a single file, the recipient won’t be able to access any of the other files in the folder. And the “Share with Madison” capability can be added to any document library within a SharePoint installation, but does not need to be installed on all libraries, so IT can manage the libraries on an individual basis.
Madison also provides specific functionality around document preview and commenting in which users can comment on shared documents in the document preview mode. Madison’s preview capability supports a wide variety of document types, including Microsoft Office file formats as well as PDFs, images and movies.
Madison users can also monitor activity feeds and manage access to shared documents and folders accordingly. They can also manage versions of designated documents, as previous versions are archived and can be recovered at any time for updating or reference.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
About Blue Rooster
Building the Globally Connected Enterprise™, Blue Rooster (www.bluerooster.com) is an interactive agency and technology company specializing in driving adoption of Global 500 intranets in today’s consumer-focused world. Blue Rooster works with the world’s leading companies, helping them to Create, Build, and Experience powerful and intuitive Microsoft SharePoint solutions that are easy to adopt in the enterprise. A US-based team of UX designers, strategists and software engineers, Blue Rooster delivers the connected User Experience that is required in today's marketplace; on premise, in the cloud and on any device. Blue Rooster works with Fortune 500 companies in Pharma, Healthcare, Consumer Products, Financial Services, Logistics, Energy and Technology. Working with such clients as FedEx, Abbott Labs, Chevron, Eli Lilly and Microsoft, the company develops collaborative solutions that work across multiple platforms, teams and devices.
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Apple iOS and the Enterprise - Latest Developments
- Power Panel: IoT Poineers Discuss Internet Of Things
- "Cloud Computing 2.0" -- I'm Serious
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Review
- Understanding Application Performance on the Network | Part 1
- Understanding Application Performance on the Network | Part 3
- @ThingsExpo Debuts Internet Of Things Newsletter
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- The Agile PMO
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- More on OnLive: New Cloud Solution Delivers Secure Cross-Platform Deployment for Graphics Intensive Applications
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
The 16th International Cloud Expo announces that its Call for Papers is now open. 16th International Cloud Expo, to be held June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Sep. 1, 2014 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,349
14th International Cloud Expo, held on June 10–12, 2014 at the Javits Center in New York City, featured three content-packed days with a rich array of sessions about the business and technical value of cloud computing, Internet of Things, Big Data, and DevOps led by exceptional speakers from every sector of the IT ecosystem. The Cloud Expo series is the fastest-growing Enterprise IT event in the past 10 years, devoted to every aspect of delivering massively scalable enterprise IT as a service.
Aug. 29, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,205
Hardware will never be more valuable than on the day it hits your loading dock. Each day new servers are not deployed to production the business is losing money. While Moore’s Law is typically cited to explain the exponential density growth of chips, a critical consequence of this is rapid depreciation of servers. The hardware for clustered systems (e.g., Hadoop, OpenStack) tends to be significant capital expenses. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mason Katz, CTO and co-founder of StackIQ, to discuss how infrastructure teams should be aware of the capitalization and depreciation model of these expenses to fully understand when and where automation is critical.
Aug. 27, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,923
Over the last few years the healthcare ecosystem has revolved around innovations in Electronic Health Record (HER) based systems. This evolution has helped us achieve much desired interoperability. Now the focus is shifting to other equally important aspects – scalability and performance. While applying cloud computing environments to the EHR systems, a special consideration needs to be given to the cloud enablement of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), i.e., the largest single medical system in the United States.
Aug. 26, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,451
In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Hinkle, Senior Director, Open Source Solutions at Citrix Systems Inc., will provide overview of the open source software that can be used to deploy and manage a cloud computing environment. He will include information on storage, networking(e.g., OpenDaylight) and compute virtualization (Xen, KVM, LXC) and the orchestration(Apache CloudStack, OpenStack) of the three to build their own cloud services. Speaker Bio: Mark Hinkle is the Senior Director, Open Source Solutions, at Citrix Systems Inc. He joined Citrix as a result of their July 2011 acquisition of Cloud.com where he was their Vice President of Community. He is currently responsible for Citrix open source efforts around the open source cloud computing platform, Apache CloudStack and the Xen Hypervisor. Previously he was the VP of Community at Zenoss Inc., a producer of the open source application, server, and network management software, where he grew the Zenoss Core project to over 10...
Aug. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,442
Most of today’s hardware manufacturers are building servers with at least one SATA Port, but not every systems engineer utilizes them. This is considered a loss in the game of maximizing potential storage space in a fixed unit. The SATADOM Series was created by Innodisk as a high-performance, small form factor boot drive with low power consumption to be plugged into the unused SATA port on your server board as an alternative to hard drive or USB boot-up. Built for 1U systems, this powerful device is smaller than a one dollar coin, and frees up otherwise dead space on your motherboard. To meet the requirements of tomorrow’s cloud hardware, Innodisk invested internal R&D resources to develop our SATA III series of products. The SATA III SATADOM boasts 500/180MBs R/W Speeds respectively, or double R/W Speed of SATA II products.
Aug. 25, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 7,373
As more applications and services move "to the cloud" (public or on-premise) cloud environments are increasingly adopting and building out traditional enterprise features. This in turn is enabling and encouraging cloud adoption from enterprise users. In many ways the definition is blurring as features like continuous operation, geo-distribution or on-demand capacity become the norm. NuoDB is involved in both building enterprise software and using enterprise cloud capabilities. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO at NuoDB, Inc., will discuss the experiences from building, deploying and using enterprise services and suggest some ways to approach moving enterprise applications into a cloud model.
Aug. 20, 2014 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,456
Until recently, many organizations required specialized departments to perform mapping and geospatial analysis, and they used Esri on-premise solutions for that work. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dave Peters, author of the Esri Press book Building a GIS, System Architecture Design Strategies for Managers, will discuss how Esri has successfully included the cloud as a fully integrated SaaS expansion of the ArcGIS mapping platform. Organizations that have incorporated Esri cloud-based applications and content within their business models are reaping huge benefits by directly leveraging cloud-based mapping and analysis capabilities within their existing enterprise investments. The ArcGIS mapping platform includes cloud-based content management and information resources to more widely, efficiently, and affordably deliver real-time actionable information and analysis capabilities to your organization.
Aug. 20, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,746
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mac Devine, Distinguished Engineer at IBM, will discuss bringing these three elements together via Systems of Discover.
Aug. 17, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,323
Cloud and Big Data present unique dilemmas: embracing the benefits of these new technologies while maintaining the security of your organization’s assets. When an outside party owns, controls and manages your infrastructure and computational resources, how can you be assured that sensitive data remains private and secure? How do you best protect data in mixed use cloud and big data infrastructure sets? Can you still satisfy the full range of reporting, compliance and regulatory requirements? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Derek Tumulak, Vice President of Product Management at Vormetric, will discuss how to address data security in cloud and Big Data environments so that your organization isn’t next week’s data breach headline.
Aug. 16, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,905
The cloud is everywhere and growing, and with it SaaS has become an accepted means for software delivery. SaaS is more than just a technology, it is a thriving business model estimated to be worth around $53 billion dollars by 2015, according to IDC. The question is – how do you build and scale a profitable SaaS business model? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jason Cumberland, Vice President, SaaS Solutions at Dimension Data, will give the audience an understanding of common mistakes businesses make when transitioning to SaaS; how to avoid them; and how to build a profitable and scalable SaaS business.
Aug. 16, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,465
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in software-defined storage (SDS) purpose-built for Windows Servers and Hyper-V, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Gridstore™ is the leader in software-defined storage purpose built for virtualization that is designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Using its patented Server-Side Virtual Controller™ Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender effect and accelerate applications Gridstore delivers vmOptimized™ Storage that self-optimizes to each application or VM across both virtual and physical environments. Leveraging a grid architecture, Gridstore delivers the first end-to-end storage QoS to ensure the most important App or VM performance is never compromised. The storage grid, that uses Gridstore’s performance optimized nodes or capacity optimized nodes, starts with as few a...
Aug. 15, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,722
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia, the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between personal and professional social, mobile and cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dramatically improve productivity, reduce collaboration costs, and increase the overall enterprise value by bringing collaboration and infrastructure solutions to the cloud.
Aug. 15, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,724
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Aug. 13, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,595
Enterprises require the performance, agility and on-demand access of the public cloud, and the management, security and compatibility of the private cloud. The solution? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Simone Brunozzi, VP and Chief Technologist(global role) for VMware, will explore how to unlock the power of the hybrid cloud and the steps to get there. He'll discuss the challenges that conventional approaches to both public and private cloud computing, and outline the tough decisions that must be made to accelerate the journey to the hybrid cloud. As part of the transition, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service model will enable enterprise IT to build services beyond their data center while owning what gets moved, when to move it, and for how long. IT can then move forward on what matters most to the organization that it supports – availability, agility and efficiency.
Aug. 12, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,882