|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
VANCOUVER, Wash., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Wacom®, the world's leading manufacturer of pen tablets, interactive pen displays and digital interface solutions, is showcasing their wide variety of products at Educause 2012 for teaching professionals seeking to create and deliver dynamic and engaging digital content in the classroom. At booth #207/209 visitors will receive a hands-on experience to see the latest features and benefits Wacom's interactive products are bringing to the education industry.
Wacom will show how its industry-leading pen displays and tablets are providing those who teach in an interactive classroom, a flipped classroom, or a distance learning scenario, an intuitive and interactive way to communicate and collaborate through handwritten notes, sketches, and drawings. In addition, Wacom's professional line of products used by top art, design, animation and photography schools around the world will also be on display.
"With the ongoing evolution of teaching methods and environments, many in the education industry are focusing on finding the right technology for their specific needs," says Michael Marcum, Vice President of Vertical Markets for Wacom. "Whether looking for an alternative to costly interactive whiteboards or to update the classroom and break away from traditional instruction methods, Wacom has a digital solution to fit the growing technology requirements for educators."
Many education-focused companies find such value in the implementation of Wacom products into their programs, that they've become partners to better their education systems. For example, the We Teach Science Foundation, founded in 2008 to inspire K-12 students to excel in their math and science education, works with Wacom to assist in their highly successful remote tutoring program.
"Our Remote Tutoring and Mentoring program is a simple way for our volunteers to help students without physically coming to the classroom," explains Aragon Burlingham, We Teach Science Founder and President. "The e-mentoring program uses a web-based interactive whiteboard and audio connection, allowing students and mentors the flexibility of connecting from two separate locations. Using Wacom tablets, the pairs can draw graphs, solve equations and explore the applications of math and science – all while miles apart. Participants in the program have shown an increase in test scores across the board."
The following input devices will be available for demonstration at the Wacom booth:
- Designed to optimize presentation proficiency and interactivity, the high-definition DTU-2231 and compact DTU-1631 offer "pen-point" control to annotate directly on-screen, and integrate seamlessly with Microsoft® PowerPoint®, the predominant software application for training sessions and lectures. Boasting a 21.5" HD (1920x1080) display, the DTU-2231 is ideal for several environments – including distance learning and collaborative workgroups. With a pen display linked to an LCD projector, those in-person are able to see exactly what the online audience is viewing on their remote computer screens. The DTU-1631 provides teaching professionals with a natural pen-on-screen workflow, which is perfect for engaging audiences as the presenter does not need to turn their back to add content. Delivering a compact form factor with a 15.6" LCD display, the DTU-1631 pen input is helpful and intuitive for writing notes and drawing diagrams, creating an interactive environment and enhancing the audiences learning environment.
- The Cintiq® family of interactive pen displays combines the advantages of an LCD monitor with the natural feel and superior performance of Wacom's patented, professional pen technology. Intuos®5 delivers a revolutionary new pen tablet experience, combining Wacom's finest pen capabilities with an intuitive multi-touch surface and new productivity features. Educators and students in a variety of artistic fields, including photography, design, animation and illustration can use Wacom's Cintiq and professional grade Intuos5 pen tablets in virtually every stage of their digital workflow.
- The Bamboo Splash and Bamboo Capture offer a variety of options for activities like photography, art and sketching, digital inking, and general computer navigation using multi-touch gestures. The Bamboo Splash, which includes an exclusive suite of software from ArtRage® and Autodesk®, allows users to replicate pencils, chalks, oils and watercolors as they move the Bamboo pen naturally across the tablet. With Bamboo Splash, users can create their own effects, experiment, and share their work with others digitally.
Bamboo Capture is ideal for students interested in learning about photo editing, illustration, or animation. Bamboo Capture works with Adobe® Photoshop® Elements, which are included, as well as several other photo software applications for editing and perfecting digital images. Users are able to make portraits come alive, remove unwanted details, improve skin tones, and create unique compositions. Bamboo Capture also features multi-touch input, so users can use the tablet to zoom in on photos, scroll through albums, and navigate around their computer, using the familiar gestures of a mobile device.
At $79 and $99 respectively, the Bamboo products are also a good economical choice for distance learners.
Founded in 1983, Wacom's vision to bring people and technology closer together through natural interface technologies has made it the world's leading manufacturer of pen tablets, interactive pen displays and digital interface solutions. The advanced technology of Wacom's intuitive input devices provide business and home users with the ability to explore digital content creation in a comfortable, natural way.
For more information, please contact:
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Apple iOS and the Enterprise - Latest Developments
- Power Panel: IoT Poineers Discuss Internet Of Things
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- "Cloud Computing 2.0" -- I'm Serious
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Review
- Understanding Application Performance on the Network | Part 1
- Understanding Application Performance on the Network | Part 3
- @ThingsExpo Debuts Internet Of Things Newsletter
- Mainstream Business Applications and In-Memory Databases
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- The Agile PMO
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- Complete Surface Pro 3 Review - 3 days later
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- How to Monitor Swift/iOS8 Applications for Crashes and Performance Issues
- More on OnLive: New Cloud Solution Delivers Secure Cross-Platform Deployment for Graphics Intensive Applications
- Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX
- What Is AJAX?
- Google Maps! AJAX-Style Web Development Using ASP.NET
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- How and Why AJAX, Not Java, Became the Favored Technology for Rich Internet Applications
- Flashback to January 2006: Exclusive SYS-CON.TV Interviews on "OpenAjax Alliance" Announcement
- "Real-World AJAX" One-Day Seminar Arrives in Silicon Valley
- AJAXWorld Conference & Expo to Take Place October 2-4, 2006, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, California
- AJAX Sponsor Webcasts Are Now Available at AJAXWorld Website
- AJAXWorld University Announces AJAX Developer Bootcamp
- i-Technology 2008 Predictions: Where's RIAs, AJAX, SOA and Virtualization Headed in 2008?
The consumption economy is here and so are cloud applications and solutions that offer more than subscription and flat fee models and at the same time are available on a pure consumption model, which not only reduces IT spend but also lowers infrastructure costs, and offers ease of use and availability. In their session at 15th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, will discuss this shifting dynamic with an example of a top European Telco provider. Find out how they are leveraging the power of acloud-based consumption model services to offer more value to the mass market and enable a new revenue model that embraces the true meaning of the Third Industrial Revolution.
Sep. 2, 2014 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 811
Every healthy ecosystem is diverse. This is especially true in cloud ecosystems, where portability and interoperability are more important than old enterprise models of proprietary ownership. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Baker, Server Product Manager at Canonical/Ubuntu, will discuss how single vendors used to take the lead in creating and delivering technology, but in a cloud economy, where users want tools of their preference, when and where they need them, it makes no sense.
Sep. 2, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,870
The emergence of cloud computing and Big Data warrants a greater role for the PMO to successfully manage enterprise transformation driven by these powerful trends. As the adoption of cloud-based services continues to grow, a governance model is needed to orchestrate enterprise cloud implementations and harness the power of Big Data analytics. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mahesh Singh, President of BigData, Inc., to discuss how the Enterprise PMO takes center stage not only in developing the appropriate governance model but also in collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure a successful transformation.
Sep. 2, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 876
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudian, Inc., the leading provider of hybrid cloud storage solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudian is a Foster City, Calif.-based software company specializing in cloud storage. Cloudian HyperStore® is an S3-compatible cloud object storage platform that enables service providers and enterprises to build reliable, affordable and scalable hybrid cloud storage solutions. Cloudian actively partners with leading cloud computing environments including Amazon Web Services, Citrix Cloud Platform, Apache CloudStack, OpenStack and the vast ecosystem of S3 compatible tools and applications. Cloudian's customers include Vodafone, Nextel, NTT, Nifty, and LunaCloud. The company has additional offices in China and Japan.
Sep. 2, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,406
SYS-CON Events announced today that TechXtend (formerly Programmer’s Paradise), a leading value-added provider of server and storage virtualization, and r-evolution will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TechXtend (formerly Programmer’s Paradise) is a leading value-added provider of software, systems and solutions for corporations, government organizations, and academic institutions across the United States and Canada. TechXtend is the Exclusive Reseller in the United States for r-evolution
Sep. 2, 2014 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,982
In today's application economy, enterprise organizations realize that it's their applications that are the heart and soul of their business. If their application users have a bad experience, their revenue and reputation are at stake. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior Director of Product Marketing for Application Performance Management at CA Technologies, will discuss how a user-centric Application Performance Management solution can help inspire your users with every application transaction.
Sep. 2, 2014 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 885
Come learn about what you need to consider when moving your data to the cloud. In her session at 15th Cloud Expo, Skyla Loomis, a Program Director of Cloudant Development at Cloudant, will discuss the security, performance, and operational implications of keeping your data on premise, moving it to the cloud, or taking a hybrid approach. She will use real customer examples to illustrate the tradeoffs, key decision points, and how to be successful with a cloud or hybrid cloud solution.
Sep. 2, 2014 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 779
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Sep. 2, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,800
The 16th International Cloud Expo announces that its Call for Papers is now open. 16th International Cloud Expo, to be held June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Sep. 1, 2014 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,520
14th International Cloud Expo, held on June 10–12, 2014 at the Javits Center in New York City, featured three content-packed days with a rich array of sessions about the business and technical value of cloud computing, Internet of Things, Big Data, and DevOps led by exceptional speakers from every sector of the IT ecosystem. The Cloud Expo series is the fastest-growing Enterprise IT event in the past 10 years, devoted to every aspect of delivering massively scalable enterprise IT as a service.
Aug. 29, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,251
Hardware will never be more valuable than on the day it hits your loading dock. Each day new servers are not deployed to production the business is losing money. While Moore’s Law is typically cited to explain the exponential density growth of chips, a critical consequence of this is rapid depreciation of servers. The hardware for clustered systems (e.g., Hadoop, OpenStack) tends to be significant capital expenses. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mason Katz, CTO and co-founder of StackIQ, to discuss how infrastructure teams should be aware of the capitalization and depreciation model of these expenses to fully understand when and where automation is critical.
Aug. 27, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,012
Over the last few years the healthcare ecosystem has revolved around innovations in Electronic Health Record (HER) based systems. This evolution has helped us achieve much desired interoperability. Now the focus is shifting to other equally important aspects – scalability and performance. While applying cloud computing environments to the EHR systems, a special consideration needs to be given to the cloud enablement of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), i.e., the largest single medical system in the United States.
Aug. 26, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,467
In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Hinkle, Senior Director, Open Source Solutions at Citrix Systems Inc., will provide overview of the open source software that can be used to deploy and manage a cloud computing environment. He will include information on storage, networking(e.g., OpenDaylight) and compute virtualization (Xen, KVM, LXC) and the orchestration(Apache CloudStack, OpenStack) of the three to build their own cloud services. Speaker Bio: Mark Hinkle is the Senior Director, Open Source Solutions, at Citrix Systems Inc. He joined Citrix as a result of their July 2011 acquisition of Cloud.com where he was their Vice President of Community. He is currently responsible for Citrix open source efforts around the open source cloud computing platform, Apache CloudStack and the Xen Hypervisor. Previously he was the VP of Community at Zenoss Inc., a producer of the open source application, server, and network management software, where he grew the Zenoss Core project to over 10...
Aug. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,469
Most of today’s hardware manufacturers are building servers with at least one SATA Port, but not every systems engineer utilizes them. This is considered a loss in the game of maximizing potential storage space in a fixed unit. The SATADOM Series was created by Innodisk as a high-performance, small form factor boot drive with low power consumption to be plugged into the unused SATA port on your server board as an alternative to hard drive or USB boot-up. Built for 1U systems, this powerful device is smaller than a one dollar coin, and frees up otherwise dead space on your motherboard. To meet the requirements of tomorrow’s cloud hardware, Innodisk invested internal R&D resources to develop our SATA III series of products. The SATA III SATADOM boasts 500/180MBs R/W Speeds respectively, or double R/W Speed of SATA II products.
Aug. 25, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 7,444
As more applications and services move "to the cloud" (public or on-premise) cloud environments are increasingly adopting and building out traditional enterprise features. This in turn is enabling and encouraging cloud adoption from enterprise users. In many ways the definition is blurring as features like continuous operation, geo-distribution or on-demand capacity become the norm. NuoDB is involved in both building enterprise software and using enterprise cloud capabilities. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO at NuoDB, Inc., will discuss the experiences from building, deploying and using enterprise services and suggest some ways to approach moving enterprise applications into a cloud model.
Aug. 20, 2014 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,465