|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 05:30 AM EST||
VIENNA, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MOMENTUM 2012 –News Summary:
- Products bring unprecedented performance, ease-of-deployment, user productivity and cost reduction
- Major releases include EMC Documentum Platform 7.0, EMC Documentum xCP 2.0 and EMC Captiva 7.0
- Products accelerate journey to the cloud for IIG and customers
- EMC's Information Intelligence Group portfolio can be fully managed with EMC OnDemand private cloud deployment model
At Momentum, the EMC Information Intelligence Group's EMEA user conference, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced a series of new products and solutions across the Information Intelligence Group (IIG) portfolio. IIG is committed to helping its customers transform their business with cloud solutions that connect information to work.
Key Announcements: Agility, Intelligence, Productivity
- EMC® Documentum® Platform 7.0, the next-generation release of EMC's industry-leading enterprise content management (ECM) platform. This new platform delivers breakthrough performance and scalability, while dramatically lowering total cost of ownership. Built with the new EMC xCelerated Management System (xMS) technology, the latest release offers advanced capabilities to simplify and accelerate the deployment of Documentum into VMware-based private-cloud environments. It also includes powerful new capabilities for security such as FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standard) compliance as well as improved search for end user productivity.
- EMC® Documentum xCP 2.0 is a next-generation platform for developing and deploying advanced business and case management solutions, optimized for cloud-based deployments including EMC® OnDemand. The new release dramatically improves productivity with a modern user experience, content and process analytics, and provides the industry's first unified solution design tool for increased agility and faster solution development. xCP 2.0 is uniquely positioned to delight business users, enabling them to make effective decisions that drive better business outcomes.
- EMC® Captiva® 7.0 transforms paper documents, faxes and other content into digital data used by enterprise applications. This new, significant release provides advanced capabilities for intelligent enterprise capture, business productivity and improved organizational agility. New features simplify the development and deployment of enterprise capture projects. Captiva 7.0 increases operator productivity with a new configurable, flexible desktop client for a variety of use cases.
- EMC® Document Sciences® xPression 4.5 enables organizations to quickly and cost-effectively create timely, accurate and personally relevant customer communications. Document Sciences xPression 4.5 meets the demands of business users by further extending Microsoft Word to simplify the creation of effective multi-channel communications while providing IT with the enterprise-level administration and change control they require. The new version also includes significant performance improvements and increases productivity for multi-channel publishing by enabling a single rules-based template to control the appropriate use of channel-specific content and formatting.
- EMC® Documentum Information Rights Management (IRM) 5.1 enables secure mobile access to protected information assets throughout the enterprise and beyond the firewall. Designed to enhance business and IT productivity in an increasingly mobile and cloud environment, Documentum IRM 5.1 enables iPad and iPhone users to access and browse IRM-protected enterprise content as part of a typical business process. It is seamlessly integrated with the Documentum platform and also works with file shares and other enterprise content management repositories.
- EMC® SourceOne File Intelligence 4.7, part of the EMC Pervasive Governance solution portfolio, enables organizations to identify, assess, classify and manage valuable content dispersed throughout the enterprise. The solution enables organizations to reduce costs and manage the risks associated with the retention, disposition and remediation of electronic records and files. The new release delivers better performance, scalability and connectivity to other enterprise repositories.
- EMC® SourceOne eDiscovery – Kazeon 4.7, an industry-leading, in-house eDiscovery and Early Case Assessment (ECA) platform, simplifies how legal, compliance and IT teams identify, collect and preserve critical information across numerous repositories and applications. With this new version, organizations can accelerate early case assessment, reduce review costs by more than 50% and enhance their internal investigations with breakthrough performance and scalability.
- EMC® Syncplicity® Connector for Documentum enables organizations to automate the distribution of content from Documentum to users and all of their devices as part of business processes. Developers can also use the xCP Designer to visually design, customize and deploy applications that automatically or manually distribute content from their Documentum repositories via Syncplicity. The company also announced the availability of Syncplicity Mobile 2.0 for the Apple iOS platform.
EMC will demonstrate all of the new products, as well as several solutions. The EMC Documentum for Life Sciences eTMF Solution which minimizes risks and costs of Life Science clinical trials by accelerating the collection of documentation required for trial set-up and approval, gives sponsor companies real-time visibility into the status of trial documentation, and simplifies access and retrieval of eTMF documents during and after the trial. The EMC Documentum Engineering Plant and Facilities Management (EPFM) Solution 1.7 helps operators of large facilities and managers of complex design and construction projects effectively create, share, maintain and secure the large volumes of engineering-related content across globally distributed network of vendors and contractors. The EPFM solution prevents project delays, minimizes plant down time and helps avoid regulatory non-compliance and catastrophic events that can result from faulty documentation.
Melissa Webster, Program Vice President, Content & Digital Media Technologies, IDC
"Customers are increasingly seeking out integrated solutions to manage their unstructured information throughout its life cycle. There is growing awareness of the need to maximize the value of content assets in all phases of that life cycle -- from collaborative content creation and sharing, to the intelligent use of content to drive business processes, to discovery and governance -- and of the benefits of a comprehensive, integrated single-vendor solution."
Rick Devenuti, President, Information Intelligence Group, EMC Corporation
"EMC is pleased to deliver such a comprehensive set of products and solutions, aimed at bringing new levels of agility, productivity and intelligence to the enterprise. The Information Intelligence Group is focused on helping our customers transform their IT and business operations with cloud solutions to connect information to work; the integrated innovation in this new wave of releases drives us forward on that journey."
Follow EMC at Momentum:
- Discover all Momentum News
- Visit the EMC Community Network to follow the Momentum conference online
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the conversation using #mmtm12 on Twitter
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Watch the video
- Learn more about EMC Documentum for Life Sciences
- Learn more about EMC Documentum EPFM
- Join the EMC Documentum communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SlideShare, the EMC Community Network
- Join the EMC Captiva communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and SlideShare
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Documentum, Captiva, xPression and Document Sciences are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
The speed of product development has increased massively in the past 10 years. At the same time our formal secure development and SDL methodologies have fallen behind. This forces product developers to choose between rapid release times and security. In his session at DevOps Summit, Michael Murray, Director of Cyber Security Consulting and Assessment at GE Healthcare, examined the problems and presented some solutions for moving security into the DevOps lifecycle to ensure that we get fast AND ...
Mar. 6, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,940
Docker is becoming very popular--we are seeing every major private and public cloud vendor racing to adopt it. It promises portability and interoperability, and is quickly becoming the currency of the Cloud. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bart Copeland, CEO of ActiveState, discussed why Docker is so important to the future of the cloud, but will also take a step back and show that Docker is actually only one piece of the puzzle. Copeland will outline the bigger picture of where Docker fits a...
Mar. 6, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,376
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use c...
Mar. 6, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,079
The Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) market will grow to $6.4B by 2018. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, will begin by walking the audience through the evolution of Workspace as-a-Service, where it is now vs. where it going. To look beyond the desktop we must understand exactly what WaaS is, who the users are, and where it is going in the future. IT departments, ISVs and service providers must look to workflow and automation capabilities to adapt to growing ...
Mar. 6, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,233
Software Defined Storage provides many benefits for customers including agility, flexibility, faster adoption of new technology and cost effectiveness. However, for IT organizations it can be challenging and complex to build your Enterprise Grade Storage from software. In his session at Cloud Expo, Paul Turner, CMO at Cloudian, looked at the new Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) market and how it is changing the storage world. Now Software Defined Storage companies can build Enterprise grade ...
Mar. 6, 2015 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,883
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to evolve the way the world does business; however, understanding how to apply it to your company can be a mystery. Most people struggle with understanding the potential business uses or tend to get caught up in the technology, resulting in solutions that fail to meet even minimum business goals. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO / President / Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., showed what is needed to leverage the IoT to transform your business. ...
Mar. 6, 2015 02:45 AM EST Reads: 4,080
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what th...
Mar. 6, 2015 02:30 AM EST Reads: 4,738
Hadoop as a Service (as offered by handful of niche vendors now) is a cloud computing solution that makes medium and large-scale data processing accessible, easy, fast and inexpensive. In his session at Big Data Expo, Kumar Ramamurthy, Vice President and Chief Technologist, EIM & Big Data, at Virtusa, will discuss how this is achieved by eliminating the operational challenges of running Hadoop, so one can focus on business growth. The fragmented Hadoop distribution world and various PaaS soluti...
Mar. 6, 2015 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,334
The Internet of Things (IoT) is rapidly in the process of breaking from its heretofore relatively obscure enterprise applications (such as plant floor control and supply chain management) and going mainstream into the consumer space. More and more creative folks are interconnecting everyday products such as household items, mobile devices, appliances and cars, and unleashing new and imaginative scenarios. We are seeing a lot of excitement around applications in home automation, personal fitness,...
Mar. 6, 2015 01:30 AM EST Reads: 3,682
Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) are increasing at an unprecedented rate. The threat landscape of today is drastically different than just a few years ago. Attacks are much more organized and sophisticated. They are harder to detect and even harder to anticipate. In the foreseeable future it's going to get a whole lot harder. Everything you know today will change. Keeping up with this changing landscape is already a daunting task. Your organization needs to use the latest tools, methods and ex...
Mar. 6, 2015 01:30 AM EST Reads: 3,807
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Mar. 6, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 4,600
Disruptive macro trends in technology are impacting and dramatically changing the "art of the possible" relative to supply chain management practices through the innovative use of IoT, cloud, machine learning and Big Data to enable connected ecosystems of engagement. Enterprise informatics can now move beyond point solutions that merely monitor the past and implement integrated enterprise fabrics that enable end-to-end supply chain visibility to improve customer service delivery and optimize sup...
Mar. 6, 2015 12:30 AM EST Reads: 3,732
Dale Kim is the Director of Industry Solutions at MapR. His background includes a variety of technical and management roles at information technology companies. While his experience includes work with relational databases, much of his career pertains to non-relational data in the areas of search, content management, and NoSQL, and includes senior roles in technical marketing, sales engineering, and support engineering. Dale holds an MBA from Santa Clara University, and a BA in Computer Science f...
Mar. 6, 2015 12:15 AM EST Reads: 3,914
Even as cloud and managed services grow increasingly central to business strategy and performance, challenges remain. The biggest sticking point for companies seeking to capitalize on the cloud is data security. Keeping data safe is an issue in any computing environment, and it has been a focus since the earliest days of the cloud revolution. Understandably so: a lot can go wrong when you allow valuable information to live outside the firewall. Recent revelations about government snooping, along...
Mar. 5, 2015 09:00 PM EST Reads: 7,153
The cloud is now a fact of life but generating recurring revenues that are driven by solutions and services on a consumption model have been hard to implement, until now. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, will discuss how a top European telco has leveraged the innovative recurring revenue generating capability of the consumption cloud to enable a unique cloud monetization mod...
Mar. 5, 2015 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,967
FedRAMP is mandatory for government cloud deployments and businesses need to comply in order to provide services for federal engagements. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Abel Sussman, Director for Coalfire Public Sector practice, will review the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) process and provide advice on overcoming common compliance obstacles.
Mar. 5, 2015 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,619
As organizations shift toward IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection &E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships, will disc...
Mar. 5, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,154
Are your applications getting in the way of your business strategy? It’s time to rethink your IT approach. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Madhukar Kumar, Vice President, Product Management at Liaison Technologies, will discuss a new data-centric approach to IT that allows your data, not applications, to inform business strategy. By moving away from an application-centric IT model where data integration and analysis are subservient to the constraints of applications, your organization will b...
Mar. 5, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,687
Docker is an excellent platform for organizations interested in running microservices. It offers portability and consistency between development and production environments, quick provisioning times, and a simple way to isolate services. In his session at DevOps Summit at 16th Cloud Expo, Shannon Williams, co-founder of Rancher Labs, will walk through these and other benefits of using Docker to run microservices, and provide an overview of RancherOS, a minimalist distribution of Linux designed...
Mar. 5, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 968
Cloud data governance was previously an avoided function when cloud deployments were relatively small. With the rapid adoption in public cloud – both rogue and sanctioned, it’s not uncommon to find regulated data dumped into public cloud and unprotected. This is why enterprises and cloud providers alike need to embrace a cloud data governance function and map policies, processes and technology controls accordingly. In her session at 15th Cloud Expo, Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance...
Mar. 5, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,040